PDA

View Full Version : Now I praise....

Caji
May 13th, 2002, 02:52 PM
All the meekat artists, just beucase I can! *lol*

*passes out some insects*

Yay for the second largests fandom under the lions!

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 13th, 2002, 10:24 PM
*pokes Caji*
*runs away giggling*

Caji
May 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM
meerkats aren't easy, espcecially when we only had one model (Timon) to base all these characters off of - but despite it all there are many unique 'kats roaming the Pridelands all with unique styles. :3

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 14th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Hehe... true!

It was just Timon in the beginning, but now it seems we a bunch of kats around! :D

There's me and you, Chusta, Allinia, Chandra, The Humon, Oscen (back when she was Funa - she drew some kats), Cygnus (back when she was Keham - same thing as Oscen), Kimya, a few others... uhh... i think! :eek:

*EDITS: Remembered a few more names - i just listed myself you and Chusta when i first posted this...

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 14th, 2002, 02:14 PM
OH NO! I forgot Daven Evan Xaviour too! *THWACK!*

AirGuiTaR
May 14th, 2002, 02:38 PM
I have Ozz! :lol

HairyMerry
May 14th, 2002, 07:30 PM
I have Kiely as a character.. That count? lol

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 14th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Ummm... I think... :lol

Caji
May 14th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Jessey and Jesskat *hee hee* Than there's PaffKat (sp?) Who was a fairly recent addition to the archive. I know of many people who have had meerkat personas but not a lot of the frequent the fandom anymore.)
Chandra hasn't drawn her meerkat in years - I'm not certain if she considers herself still a fan. (Although her Timon website is the only one of her fan sites that I know of still up).

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 15th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Moltag is pretty good... :)

Mtaki is also cool too!

Fawkes
May 15th, 2002, 03:37 PM
I have Mng'ariza, the blue-haired, wild and carefree cousin of Timon. :D

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 15th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Ok... you count! :lol

Cygnus
May 16th, 2002, 07:32 AM
*raises a paw?* Do I count? I've got a .. well.. a whole meerkat story with Oscen.. very unfamous.. but will be coming up in Amends! Yay for that! :D *nodnods and foozles Mtaki* He's one cool guy n_n Fun to RP with too.. Anyway, do I count? *beggingpuppyeyes* *guesses nobody remembers or even knew about her meerkitty chars...*

Ich liebe.. uh.. meerkats! :D
Cygnus

Cygnus
May 16th, 2002, 07:34 AM
*bounces around!* Oh! Oh! Kimya and Msondo are THE meerkat fans out there! And totally rule too! :D They deserve 'lots of praises!

Hands out flowers,
Cygnus

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 16th, 2002, 09:11 AM
I might be the only one who still remembers Kilua'Afu, Zimwi, Majanja, Oga, Kanzi, Pumbanisha and whoever else is there...

So yeah... you count! :D

Yep - they both are the pen ultimate kat fans out there! ^_^

Cygnus
May 16th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Kanzi and Pambanisha weren't mine, but my friend's n_n They were Kristin's! :D She's cool too! :D n_n

Happy family,
Cygnus

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 16th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Whoopsie! Thought they were yours... my bad! Sorry! :eek:

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 16th, 2002, 09:24 AM
*lol@my cat chasing the cursor* :biglaugh:

Xusta
May 16th, 2002, 10:05 AM
yay¡¡¡ *sings* we are the meerkats my friend ,we keep on fighting till the end *stops singing* yay go meerkats go¡¡¡ Thanks for the bugs *eats* mmm... crunchy :biglaugh:

Caji
May 16th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Well of course you count! *lol*

'Uzi is probably one of the best fan fiction authors around - and one of the few people who could write cannon to the characters. :D
I miss all those guys, the Hakuna Matata squad, etc. Although there are a lot of fans still around, there doesn't seem to be a lot of projects which follow. :P

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 16th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Yeah... that kinda is sad tho...

I've been drawing since '91 and i 'm getting back into the swing of drawing kats after a little bit of a sabbatical (from '97 to '00)... Heh...

*flops*

Caji
May 17th, 2002, 11:28 AM
It wasn't until I got my scanner back in '98 I think that I really started to draw meerkats in quantity - and was pretty decent at it too compared today.
Back then I was a lot more confident in my artwork and a lot more experimental. I knew what I was doing wasn't the greatest but just seeing what *could* I do was more important to me than what *can* I do.

I sort of got in a middle of a disagreement between some online friends and decided to leave a lot of communities and go into lurk mode for what was left. Durring that time I felt less intent to play and was pressured into making things look more perfct with portfolio applications coming up.
I never did apply for anything but that whole stress has still got me up in a rut and for a long while I lost the ability to draw the little critters. In fact, I slowly and arduously worked my way back to drawing lion cubs (as they are a little less complicated) and it wasn't until the last few months that I've been able to draw a distinguishable meerkat. :P

The funny thing is though, how I draw meerkats today is completely opposit of my viewpoint a few years ago. I was so irked by people who drew their noses as a dot -and that's exactly what I do now! *lol* I still struggle with it though, I just can't recall what I used to do that made it so much easier when I was younger...maybe it was all in my attitude.

Oh yes, Orochi/leon/I forget what he calls himself now used to be on the old forum along with Gabrielle - two other meerkat artsits. They both are on yerf now.

*sorry to vent on all of you, I haven't been quite content these last few days and it might show in random bouts of agressiveness or long babble.* :P

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 18th, 2002, 03:55 PM
*merf*
*imagines a bunch of pseudo-kats running around looking like Kiero from Cardcaptors*

O_o Eugh!

Caji
May 18th, 2002, 09:33 PM
*hee hee*

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 18th, 2002, 10:27 PM
~in a Kiero-type voice~

"HAKUNA MATATA!"

Oh my... That would DEFINITELY suck! :lol

Xusta
May 19th, 2002, 03:07 AM
meerkats shal rule the world¡¡¡ :insane: MUA HA HA ... ejem :lol

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 20th, 2002, 07:12 AM
*pokes*

YES WE WILL! >) Mwahahahahaha!!!

AladasianTheMeerkat
May 20th, 2002, 09:25 AM
~in a Timon-like voice~

"So here we have Sakura, giving the Wind card a shocking first impression with this thunder-themed sarong by Madison. The lightning bolts and the big yellow bow accentuate the sarong perfectly - but she still looks like a goshdarned mook!"

:rolling: