The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Help Centre > Share Your Tips!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 20th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Aerazura
the listener

Paw Prints

Hey Lilymudders,

My best friend is trying to get a tattoo of her dogs paw print and we are having a little trouble trying to get his print on paper. We want his exact print to be tattooed on so we are trying everything to get a good image of it.
He is a Newfoundlander and has super hairy paws. We tried ink pads, and acrylic paint but it was so messy and the print didn't show up well. We have tried trimming the fur around his pads but we seem to still have difficulty getting a good print.
Any idea's how to get a good print? Different materials or something?

Any tips are welcome!

Formerly a Royal Pirate
Our Love Is Fearless

Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Ariel
ssshhhhaaaannneeeeeee

I have a Golden Retriever and I have the same idea so what I did with him is took childrens paint and dipped his paws in it and then had him walk all over a canvas... We always keep his paw pads really neatly trimmed though (he was going to show in CKC) so thats maybe why it was easier! I have also herd getting them to walk through mud and then letting the mud dry works? So perhaps a garden or something?! LOL either way, show us the final product and what you did once you figure it out

| Shane | Ferg | Jazz | [url=

[SIZE="1"]
Do bad things.
[/size]
| TLKFAA | DeviantArt | Twitter |
Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Chaos
Is Charlie Sheen Status of Win.

Did you dip just one of his paws and try to stamp it on? We do things like this at the zoo all the time, but we found the best way to get them to do these things is get a big piece of paper (butcher paper is the best) and by big i mean like 6 ft by 10 ft, let the animal walk through paint, and then have them walk all around on the paper. out of all the prints, there should be at least one good one
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Aerazura
the listener

Hey guys! We figured it out!
We had to trim all the long hair off her big Newfoundlander's paws so that it wouldn't muck up the print. Then we laid down a towel then a white sheet over top. We painted his foot and got him to walk over the sheet and it worked quite well! We got a number of prints to choose from so now it's on to the actual tattooing process =)
Thank you both!

Formerly a Royal Pirate
Our Love Is Fearless

Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote