The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Sep 28th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #1
LionTheGreatLion

Question General Improvement Help and Criticism Needed!

Hey all. :3 I haven't been around here in a long time, and I've been posting art back over at TLKFAA for a little while now. :3 Just looking to seek some general critique and advice on a few things: How to improve my style, how to work with perspective a little better, advice on shading and lighting, anatomy... just general things like that. :3 If it helps at all, I use Paint.NET. Here's a few of my recent pictures to create an idea of where I'm currently at. Thanks in advance, guys. <3

Edit: Never mind, the pictures are in my gallery under the name Amaranth.

Last edited by LionTheGreatLion : Sep 28th, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
LionTheGreatLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 28th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Brian doesn't like it when people hotlink from TLKFAA because it eats up his bandwith. =/
Unread Sep 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Aerazura
the listener

While Koudo does have a point I want to give you a big 'great job!" It looks like you're having a lot of fun with your drawings.
My suggestion is try drawing from real photos of lions. you've got the basics down, so why not work on anatomy? It will help you out with your perspective and give a more fluid and natural look to your critters.
Keep drawing at keep sharing! Great work =)

(Imgur is a great hosting site for sharing these outside of the fan art archive too!)

To The End Of Time And Back Again

Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4
LionTheGreatLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koudoawaia
Brian doesn't like it when people hotlink from TLKFAA because it eats up his bandwith. =/

Sorry about that, I've never read that before. But thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerazura
While Koudo does have a point I want to give you a big 'great job!" It looks like you're having a lot of fun with your drawings.
My suggestion is try drawing from real photos of lions. you've got the basics down, so why not work on anatomy? It will help you out with your perspective and give a more fluid and natural look to your critters.
Keep drawing at keep sharing! Great work =)

(Imgur is a great hosting site for sharing these outside of the fan art archive too!)

I'll keep Imgur in mind, thanks! I'll upload them there when I can get to the higher-quality files, they're on a slow computer. xD

And thanks for your kind words and advice. I'll definitely give that a go next time I pick up a pencil. I don't usually use references, but they might help. I like the idea of making my pictures a little more fluid. Thanks!

Last edited by LionTheGreatLion : Sep 28th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
LionTheGreatLion is offline   Reply With Quote