The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Apr 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Shellcat
The Hawaiian Snow Cheetah

Na'vi Lion help

Ok, so this is something I've been working on and off with for the past few weeks. I find that I like the pose, it just seems lacking. Could anyone give me any pointers? *yes, the tail is wonky. XD*

There is a bigger shot Here

Thank you all so much! <3

~ (Lacrymosa)
And you can blame it on me
(Dies illa)
just set your guilt free, honey
(Lacrymosa)
I don't want to hold you back now love
(Amen)~
Shellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Kryptid

I'd say it looks pretty good so far. What stands out to me is the fact that the tail is of varying thickness in different places. Might wanna fix that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just now read where you mentioned the tail.
Unread Apr 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Dyani
Reach For The Light

Are you just after the Na'vi colouring or after a lionness that looks exactly like the Na'vi, except its a lion? If you're just after the colouring, it looks fine.. no probs there. If you want a Na'vi lion, you need to make it a lot more Outlanders-esque, as the Na'vi are very slender, strong and sinewy. Although it would be an interesting concept, there aren't any chubby Na'vi! lol

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
"If Grace is there with you - look in her memories - she can show you the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother, and they're gonna do the same thing here"
"Earthworms can live on the planet without people. We cannot live on the planet without earthworms thus from an ecological point of view, earthworms are more important than people."
Dyani's TLKFAA Page | Email Dyani Aim = DyaniSpork
Dyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Shellcat
The Hawaiian Snow Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptid
I'd say it looks pretty good so far. What stands out to me is the fact that the tail is of varying thickness in different places. Might wanna fix that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just now read where you mentioned the tail.
*giggles* It's ok! Thank you though!

Quote:
Are you just after the Na'vi colouring or after a lionness that looks exactly like the Na'vi, except its a lion? If you're just after the colouring, it looks fine.. no probs there. If you want a Na'vi lion, you need to make it a lot more Outlanders-esque, as the Na'vi are very slender, strong and sinewy. Although it would be an interesting concept, there aren't any chubby Na'vi! lol
I was just mainly after the coloring tbh, but I think it would be an interesting endeavor to work on slenderizing her and see what comes of it. :3 Thank you for your input on this. :3

~ (Lacrymosa)
And you can blame it on me
(Dies illa)
just set your guilt free, honey
(Lacrymosa)
I don't want to hold you back now love
(Amen)~
Shellcat is offline   Reply With Quote