The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Help Centre > Share Your Tips!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Nov 13th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #1
Brie

Tablet Suggestions

My 2nd graphic tablet I've ever owned has seen the end of days.

My first was a Wacom Graphire, and the most recent was a Bamboo Fun (Wacom product).

I'm looking for something decent and reliable, but still a reasonable price.

What are some suggestions of tablets that you've been most content with? I'd really like to hear some idea. I haven't expanded far from Wacom (obviously), so I'm not sure about any other brands. I know I could Google options, but I honestly have no idea WHERE to even start.

So anything helps.

Weasyl ... DeviantArt ... TLKFAA

AKA Zentina

Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Drago
Since 2006!

I have the Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch, and I've had it now for... -counts-.... 4 years now! It's awesome, pretty good price when I got it, and it has a huge pressure sensitive area on it.
I'm not sure if this is the one you're talking about, but this is the best one yet http://zamolxismd.org/m/pan9.fotovis...u_03728149.jpg

I don't know anything other than that xD
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Kasei
Lurker Extraordinarre

Honestly, wacom is the industry standard for a reason. I would not switch brands. I have an intuos 4, maybe since the intuos5 just came out it'll be more affordable for you?

KaseySnow.com
TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Facebook

“Without some goals and some efforts to reach them, no man can live." ~John Dewey
Kasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Nov 18th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Brie

@Drago: That looks like a newer version than the one I owned. It wasn't nearly that sleek looking. That's pretty nifty looking, though!

@Kasei: I've always thought about an Inutos! A friend of mine had one for a long time, and she had good things to say about it. I'd say maybe we'd get a good Black Friday deal, but we won't be in town. Then again, there's always Cyber Monday....hmmmm...

AKA Zentina

Unread Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Azerane
CAT!

Definitely Wacom!! I've had my Graphire 4 for seven and a half years, it has fallen off my lap countless times and I've dropped the pen so many times but I've never had a single problem with it. Definitely a quality build. If I had the spare cash I would invest in an Intuos for sure
Azerane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 2nd, 2014, 11:50 AM   #6
Brie

Oh my goodness, I should have updated this!
My lovely boyfriend got me an early Christmas present early December. I got a Wacom tablet, an Intuos Pen & Touch.
I found out the Intuos has replaced the Bamboo series, and the more pricey tablets are the Intuos Pros and the Clintiqs.

SO far, I absolutely love the tablet, and it has a nice little place to slip in my pen!!! No more losing my tablet pen, omigosh.

Well, I say this, but I'll still probably put it down, walk away, and lose it for an hour. Haha!!

But that you for the suggestion. It seems that Wacom is THE name for tablets, and I'm glad I stuck with the brand.

AKA Zentina