The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Mar 21st, 2004, 04:06 PM   #1
Bluey
NO WAI!

Werewolf help please. Kthx.

I doodled this at some horrendously early time in the morning and all of the anatomy was guesswork. That's actually how do the vast majority of my pictures but - bjgbjdbd - YES I'M AWESOME!
Anyway, redlines and general crits are appreciated. I know about the wonkiness of certain things but feel free to point them out to me anyway.
He's basically a male werewolf with a staff and a spear in a leather holder thing on his back. He has a cloth hanging over his particulars. :p I don't really need help with the accessories. The werewolf is what I need some devastating constructive criticism on. :p
LJ --- TLKFAA --- deviantART --- YouTube -- flickr
Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 26th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #2
Pegasuss
forgot what she was saying... again.

http://www.evertize.com/blanks/image...ONE%20SIZE.jpg
http://chemeng.iisc.ernet.in/jainparesh/suit.gif
http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/airf...0slouching.jpg
http://gbt.g2gm.com/pr1.jpg
Boy, I'm having a hard time finding good references for this pose, shouldn't be this hard. It's a relativly common post. Standing, weight on one leg, leaning on something.

Think about the structure under the wold. Sketch out forms for the shoulders, hips, legs, arms. Make sure they're the ssame length and width. Make sure the ears and eyes line up, and make sure the head is in proportion with the rest of the body.

I like it. He looks like a no-nonesense kinda guy. Walk softly and carry a big stick. :p
Unread Apr 15th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Coyox
Emphibivian

What you have here is a very stiff image. Loosen up a little on the shoulders and let them hang a little looser. The nose needs to be a bit longer and the eyes lifted. You're making the head seem smaller then it should be, the knows goes out after the eyes not off to the side, keep that in mind. The legs don't match the arms..you need to watch you're foreshortening there and remember when drawing weres the the elbow is always higher than a humans.

Remember to add more thickness to the fingers..although it is in a more human form you should stil remember it is still a canine with claws and pads on their feet. Dog legs aren't made to stand strait up..which means there should be some friction where the knee bends..make it crouching just a tiny bit. My example isnt perfect at showing this but looking for more at lyoht.com may help. Kyoht is the way to go if you're having trouble finding some good werewolf-any were references. She's highly knowledgeable of them.

But your best bet right now would be to just tutor yourself to understand basic wolf and human anatomy before combining the two. Or you're going to get yourself into a mess.

Good luck.

I'm out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (61.1 KB, 12 views)