The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > The Lion King/SP Roleplay > The Lion King S-RPG
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread Dec 22nd, 2007, 04:12 AM   #1
Snowy
What maximum word count?

OOC: Read me before joining or starting a thread, please

Okay. So, after a horribly, terribly, disgracefully long hiatus, I'd like to see this thing brought back to life. Talked to the mods ('cause it had been dead for so long the whole thing was kept more for archival purposes than anything else), and got the go-ahead. Huzzah!

I've given the rules and information a rehash from what folks may or may not have previously seen here. For the sake of everyone's sanity, please read at least this post before proceeding into the SRP (even if you have the old thread memorized and can recite it verbatim in your sleep).

FCs:

Initially, these had more or less all been claimed. However, looking back over who's who and who's still here, it seems many of our old RPers are no longer active at Lilymud. I have PMed those individuals who are still hanging around (active within 2007 as indicated by the "last activity" status of their profiles or, if not available, their last posting date) to see if they're interested in participating again. Until I hear otherwise from them, I am considering the FCs they played as "claimed." As for the FCs whose players haven't been around Lilymud for a year or more, I am taking the stance that they are now "unclaimed." (I tried to track user name changes when determining if an RPer is here or not. Since there's always the possibility that I botched it, anyone who knows better feel free to correct me and I'll change FC status accordingly.)

The status list (as of 1/14/08)*, then, is:

Banzai -- ClearGreenWater
Ed -- Blitz Rogue
Kiara -- unclaimed
Kovu -- takashari
Nala -- Koudoawaia
Nuka -- unclaimed
Pumbaa -- unclaimed
Rafiki -- Pegasuss
Sarabi -- Itara
Sarafina -- Spirited-Mind
Scar -- Snowy
Shenzi -- Wolverina
Simba -- Koudoawaia
Timon -- unclaimed
Vitani -- Anei
Zazu -- Bluey
Zira -- Spirited-Mind

Boma -- Pegasuss

* Currently, this is not an all-inclusive list of FCs that can be RPed: The SRP was started way back when even TLK6NA characters like Kula, Chumvi, and Ni were not widely known. Rather than type out all of the other potential FCs from books, comics, or film production and mark them as "unclaimed," I've just opted to leave them off the list until such time as someone does claim them.

For the record -- and the purposes of this RP -- I consider Mufasa to be very much dead. Yeah, yeah, I know, we've got everyone and their mother going "Nah!" to the Reaper, so why not Mufasa, too, right? Well, he did appear as a ghost and all...and talked with Rafiki regularly in SP. No one else did that. So, yeah, seems safe to assume he's dead dead.

Setting the scene:

The old threads are there for everyone's perusal. You can either go back to "the beginning" to view them, or do the lazy thing and follow the links provided (arranged by thread start date):

...hate the world, it hates you
i can't even save myself
While you were sneaking
but an illusion...
musings of a pride lioness...
Wandering by the Waterhole...
Musings
At Pride Rock
See no evil
The Meeting of the Mad Ones...
Queen of Hate
Rustling winds
without reason
Monkey business
The King is ill
The King is no longer ill
Boredom in exile...

It's not required reading, by any means, though it might be of interest.

The super-lazy, Cliff Notes version is: The SRP takes place post-SP, but not by all that much. Zira's survived the river and is still recovering from her injuries. Nuka's lurking around in the familiar haunts of the Outlands, having survived the logs. One of the Pride Lands' cyclical droughts is looming (see The Brightest Star, TLK6NA, and TLK itself for that pattern). Shenzi's put in an appearance in the Elephant Graveyard (haven't seen Banzai or Ed, yet, however). Scar, still alive, has stumbled back into the area and has decided that the drought is a sufficient threat to risk the pride's wrath in order to return to familiar hunting grounds. Rafiki's found him and is leading him back to Pride Rock, because, hey, he bears watching. Simba was recently sick, but he got better.

And that's pretty much where we stand as of restart.

TLK6NA, other notes on supplemental canon, and where canon holds no answers:

I know that not everyone takes TLK6NA as canon or agrees with its prequel material. However, if any "fanfiction" version of events is going to take precedence over all others, I'd rather it be Disney's. It just seems fairer that way, and it allows us all to be on roughly the same page as far as Pride Lands history is concerned. Plus, characters like Kula, Chumvi, and Ni can be used without splicing them out of their source material.

Though the story itself is simplistically told, The Brightest Star is likewise taken as Pride Lands history. That is, there was a drought that was harsh enough as to drive King Mohatu to search beyond the Pride Lands for water. And he did meet and befriend a large crocodile whose river saved the Pridelanders until the drought ended.

As previously indicated in the FC section, the comics and other potential character sources are fair game. All I ask is that for characters that clearly are not present in the films (Mheetu, Afua, Kopa, Tojo, etc.), to please come up with some sort of explanation for their absence. The same, of course, must be said for presumed-dead characters that managed to survive.

For Simba's son, I'm going with the only canon version being Kopa. Yes, yes, I know there's Chaka, but all we have for him is a name; everything else about him would be fan-crafted. As a result, any other son(s) or daughter(s) of Simba -- even ones bearing production names like Shani, Chaka, or Aisha -- are being considered as fancharacter relatives (see below for how fanchar relatives are handled). Kiara and Kopa are the only ones who'll get FC status.

Now then, about where canon fails: I'm sure I'm not the only one playing an FC who falls back on their fanfics (or fanfic ideas, anyway) when the canon offers no solutions. While I can't speak for others, I do try to keep too many of these personal-preference details from slipping in, since they can serve to create confusion and possibly hurt feelings. However, for clarity's sake, I'm going with Ahadi having been son and heir to Mohatu; Uru was the daughter of a rogue lioness. Obviously, there's no canon answer one way or the other on this, so, as stated, this is simply for clarity and so as to avoid there being as many different versions as there are characters in the SRP.

The paternity of Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu (never mind Nala) is similarly unresolved in canon, as I'm sure we all know. Be that as it may, some sort of concensus had to be reached. Again, solidifying a canon mystery purely in the interest of keeping Pride Lands history at least somewhat consistent. To which end, for the SRP, Nuka and Vitani are the offspring of Scar and Zira (different litters, obviously); Kovu is the son of Scar by an unknown mistress. See SpiritWolf77's excellent explanations (here and here) for how Kovu could be Scar's son without having to toss out any SP canon.

Following in that vein, if there's any take on canon that the other FCs are using and want others to know about (again, to avoid mass confusion), please post it here or PM me. I can add to the "SRP canon" as needed.

Long lost relatives of the FCs/Fanchars whose histories involve FCs:

In the interest of avoiding awkward moments where an FC doesn't remember a sibling or offspring or cubhood friend or what have you, please PM the RPers of any FCs that should know these characters with some of the details of the relationship. You don't need to send a full fanfic or even really a synopsis of one (unless you think it's absolutely necessary), just enough information to keep everyone on the same page and avoid mass amounts of confusion.

Refer to the list of FCs above for who to send PMs of such information to. For those FCs that are currently unclaimed, you can obviously wait until they've got an RPer behind them (or you can PM me and I'll pass the word along when the FC's claimed). You should also post your character's profile in the character profile thread.

Since there was some concern about this in the past, if fanchar relative numbers start to get overwhelming (extreme example: Simba and Nala being the proud parents of fifteen...all from the same litter), I will put a moratorium on them, at least in regards to certain relationships. Using the extreme example again, if Simba and Nala already have fifteen children all from the same litter, well, I might edit this post to include a statement saying that no more Simba/Nala offspring will be accepted in the SRP. It's not to be mean; it's just to keep us all sane. Affected FCs especially, let me know if you think the numbers are getting out of hand.

On that note, I do ask that people pay at least a little mind to a species' physiology when it comes to fanchar relatives. Going back to that extreme example yet again: Litter size in real lions only rarely exceeds four (and in those that do, the "extras" usually don't survive). While Disney lions clearly do not equal real lions, I do use the latter as a guide when it doesn't contradict canon. As a result, if, say, Kiara suddenly winds up with five littermates, I'd probably be inclined to put up one of those aforementioned moratoriums on any more Kiara littermates. Other litters would still be okay, though. (Intervals between litters, in lions, is approximately two years. So, yeah, keep that in mind, too, please.)

If people think it'd be of help, I can make a list of fanchar relatives and their players, organized by their relationship to the FCs (ex. littermates of Kiara; offspring from Simba and Nala's second litter; etc.). It is, admittedly, a bit more micro-managing than I'd like to do, but if there's a demand for it, I'm willing.

On that note, I am uncertain what's to be done with relationships that involved fancharacters whose players are no longer active. The choices are either to disregard the history even though the fanchars clearly interacted in the RP; or try to retain that history even though it no longer has immediate bearing upon the RP, what with the fanchars no longer being present. For better or for worse, I'm leaning a bit more towards the latter. Anyone else got any thoughts? In particular, I'd like to know what those folks who were here before, either as an FC or as their own character, have to say about this.

Original characters:

Being something of a purist, I'd love to see characters with fairly realistic designs: plausible colors, markings, etc. In other words, something that could have conceivably appeared in the films, books, or comics. However, even canon plays a bit loose with regards to plausibility (lionesses with bangs; lions with facial hair; lion cubs with ear tufts worthy of a caracal). I do ask, though, that the truly weird be kept out of the SRP. That means that the only creatures with wings should be birds, bats, and insects. Unless natural to the species, extreme colors (blues, greens, neon anything, etc.) should be muted or cut altogether. (By "muted" I mean taking, say, a blue lioness and making her more of a cool shade of grey for the SRP.) Markings should have some basis in the natural coat patterns of the species; simple symbols (such as hearts or crescents) are also permissible. Complex markings that don't appear in nature should have some sort of explanation, even if it's just that the character goes to the trouble of having the hairs/feathers dyed every so often (note: there are limitations to the colors natural dyes can produce, but I'm probably not alone in being able to suspend disbelief). As with complex markings, accessories (jewelry, etc.) should have some explanation behind them, especially if it involves any sort of metallurgy.

Species should be native to Africa and, as this takes place in the Pride Lands and surrounding localities, preferably should be found on the savanna or savanna-woodland. I know Disney fudged on this a few times, but, really, no wolves, tigers, jaguars, snow leopards, or any of the other myriad non-African animals out there. Ah, this also means no hybrids (even genetically possible ones) that involve species that aren't found in Africa. Sorry, no ligers or tigons. I'd prefer no genetically impossible hybrids, either, even if both species do exist in Africa. (Timon cannot have Zazu's babies. Sorry. )

Also, since there's no indication of humans being present, at least in the areas covered by canon, no domesticated animals, either, and no using humans as an excuse for a non-native animal being present in the Pride Lands. Humans as part of a native-species character's history is fine, but beware of forcing an obvious timeframe upon the RP. Having one lion character say he's an escapee from the gladiatorial games of Rome meet up with another lion sporting a radio collar is, well, you can imagine. XD Use your discretion when it comes to referring to human encounters in your characters' pasts.

If you need species ideas, see here. If you're uncertain about your character for any reason, feel free to PM me.

Lastly, please post a profile for your character in the imaginatively titled character profile thread.

Some general rules of thumb for posting:

I don't know how many people here have actually participated in multi-thread, plotline RPs before, but the convention is that if your character is already in one active thread it cannot be in another active thread simultaneously. Otherwise, it's rather like being in two or more places at the same time. If you want your character in a different thread, they pretty much have to trot themselves out of there or wait for the thread to die.

Mind the acronyms and/or other such information in the thread topics. I know it's probably basic knowledge and, as such, most people are already aware, but for those who aren't, private threads are just that: private. These types of threads tend to be planned ahead of time and having "uninvited" characters step in could throw that off. Unless otherwise noted, it is safe to assume that all threads are open to everyone who cares to come in. If you're just jumping into a thread, it might be a good idea to read some of what's been posted already (at least a couple posts back from where yours will be...and any OOC comments made by the thread starter in their first post) just so you know what you're walking into.

No power plays goes without saying, but it never hurts to remind folks.

Keep in mind some general concepts of travel and geography: If your last thread was at Pride Rock, the next thread you're in likely won't have you jumping into the midst of a skirmish-in-progress in the Elephant Graveyard...unless you ran like heck out of that Pride Rock thread with the express purpose of jumping into the midst of said skirmish, of course. But, yes, unless you're a bird on the wing (like Zazu), odds are you won't be bouncing from one end of the Pride Lands to the other and back again in the course of as many threads. Exceptions occur and I'm not going to get on anyone's case about it, so this is more friendly reminder than anything else.

Please refrain from one or two line posts. I don't know about other RPers, but when I've typed up a paragraph or more and get a response that's barely even a sentence, well, I feel cheated and that takes the fun out of RPing. If you're going to post one- or two-liners, sorry, but please take it elsewhere.

Now, of course, I know not every response requires a lengthy post (I myself can go from half a page or more in length in one instance but only need a short paragraph in the next), so if it's going to be short, make it meaningful. "She walked, sat, said, 'Hi'" is a one liner and offers nothing in the way of characterization. "She sauntered over, all youthful self-confidence. When she sat down a moment later, she tossed her head and flashed a grin. 'Hi,' she purred in sultry greeting." Also short, but a much better marker for what this character is like (even if, I admit, it's not all that well-written ). Anyway, it's all about content.

Other assorted drivel:

In past threads, matters of character religious beliefs and spirituality (or lack thereof) have come up, mostly just involving some engaging theological discussion and debate between characters. For the record, I have no problem with characters, even FCs, having beliefs more refined than the almost generic spirituality presented in TLK's canon. Heck, I have no problem with members of the same pride, herd, flock, what-have-you having different beliefs from other members of the same. So, whether your character sticks strictly to canon spirituality, branches out in any number of directions, or has no opinion whatsoever, it's all good in my book. If anyone has problems with this, however, let me know. If it's enough of an issue, I can restrict it down to the canon spirituality.

There is no requirement that RPers have separate RP accounts for their characters -- so long as we know who you are, no worries. However, it would be helpful if FCs have distinct accounts. It's not required, just helpful. I know there are all manner of handles already registered with variations on the FCs' names, so finding one that isn't already taken might be tricky. Whether separate account or not, FCs please post here indicating the account name you'll be using. That way, I'll know if someone is masquerading as an FC when they shouldn't be.

On changes to this post:

In all likelihood, any revisions will be for things like keeping on top of the FC status list (hence the "as of *date*"). But, whatever the update is, I'll make a post in this thread saying that the first post (this one) has been edited and what section(s) has/have been affected.

-----

Comments, questions, and other input encouraged. Heavens know I probably overlooked something or wasn't as clear as I thought I was.

Last edited by Snowy : Jan 13th, 2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: FC status list updated
Unread Dec 22nd, 2007, 04:27 AM   #2
Avalon
Forest wanderer.

Hmm I have one question? Do you have to play an FC? I would like to play Ni, but I dunno how old he would be in a post SP-timeline, I hardly even sure he is alive xD

And I have a problem getting into the heads of an FC, I know my OC's better to really play them fully. But if playing an FC is a requierment for joining then I'll snag Ni I think, if he is available that is xP

~King Philip of Macedonia (339 B.C.)~
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:29 AM   #3
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Do you have to play an FC?
Not at all.

But, if you're interested in being Ni even though playing an FC isn't a requirement, he is available. For his age, I'd put him at roughly 18 months to 2 years older than Simba and Nala. So, ah, approximately 9 years old, maybe? (Obviously, using actual years, here, and not the human-age equivalent.)
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:46 AM   #4
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Along with Simba and Nala, would it be alright if I also played my char Scarab that was Scar's daughter and Nala's sister again?
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:13 AM   #5
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koudoawaia
Along with Simba and Nala, would it be alright if I also played my char Scarab that was Scar's daughter and Nala's sister again?

Sure thing. I remember you had been playing Sahara, too. Zira's sister, wasn't she?

Edit made to main post: FC status list update
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 05:28 AM   #6
Avalon
Forest wanderer.

I think I'll stick to OC's xD I don't really know enough about Ni to truely play him :3 I'll find a suiting character soon :3

~King Philip of Macedonia (339 B.C.)~
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 06:42 AM   #7
ClearGreenWater
Freakishly Infamous Acronym

*chokes!* No way, this is for real? I clicked thinking it was gonna be a thread bump!

I've never participated in an organized multi-thread RP though and am not sure how easy a transition it'll be for me, but a less consequential character would work better with my time availability anyway

So (as much as it tempts me to see Shenzi open, lol) please sign me up for Banzai and go easy on a newb, haha :p I wasn't around for the last one and need to read back through the plots & characters. ^^

Last edited by ClearGreenWater : Dec 23rd, 2007 at 03:33 PM.
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 07:58 AM   #8
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy
Sure thing. I remember you had been playing Sahara, too. Zira's sister, wasn't she?

Ah yes, just read the RP I had played her in last night where Scar and Scarab reuinted. She may show up a little too then.
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:29 AM   #9
SergeAnei
Experiencing a blackout from Stump highnotes*

YES! I got here before some one else took Vitani! OH YEAH! I gots Vitani!!!

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM   #10
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Very nice to see this one being re-loaded! c:

Anyway, I was wondering, if I could maybe bring my good ol' TLK-based fan-char, Angel back in again? c:
You maybe remember him?
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM   #11
CandyKitten

Wow all the good spots (Scar, Vitani, Nala, Nuka) are taken except for Shenzi.

Could I use Zaina (she knows Angel ) and perhaps her half-brother and son to Scar - Taka? (named after him)

Me theory over Scar, Zira and children is that Kovu is actually biologiaclly Scars (as he is the only one that looks like him) and it's actually Vitani and Nuka that are Zira's and no relation to Scar.
and Nala... well she's deffinetly no child of Scars!

(Scar pwns - Zira sucks!)

Kitty's going to get you - by the awesome Wolvy
Kerry & Kris by the wonderful Ash - Kis is (C) Hollyoaks ! <3

Feathered Felines | Nergal Forum | Tigan Forum

Last edited by CandyKitten : Dec 26th, 2007 at 01:24 AM.
Unread Dec 23rd, 2007, 12:19 PM   #12
Checkerz
Coconutter.

Woo! ^^
I got told by Vitani that this was up... so alot of thanks to you. x]

Well, i'ld be happy to play Zira. She's got such a cute Scar-Obsession ; and is not all there bless, her. I reckon i could fit into her personality with ease. :3
Quote:
(Scar pwns - Zira sucks!)
- Nu uh! xD

Oh, and if no one else claims her, could i Rp Sarafina aswell? I just fancy giving her more of a personality than that one, crummy line in the movie.

Thanks,
-Spirited <3

31.07.09 til eternity
Unread Dec 24th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #13
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I think I'll stick to OC's xD
Sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearGreenWater
*chokes!* No way, this is for real?
Indeed, it is. And I've got you down as Banzai, now. As for multi-thread RPs, if anything trips you up, just let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverina
Anyway, I was wondering, if I could maybe bring my good ol' TLK-based fan-char, Angel back in again? c:
You bet. Since Spirited-Mind is Zira, you might want to run Angel's history past her, just so she knows (unless she's already familiar with it, that is).

Any plans to bring back Jekyll/Hyde, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKitten
Could I use Zaina (she knows Angel ) and perhaps her half-brother and son to Scar - Taka? (named after him)
Sure. For Taka, just a couple of questions from reading his character profile at TLKFAA: When did Scar spend the year raising him and Zaina? Which leads to, when did he leave to look for Zaina's father/how long was he gone for? Just trying to work out the timeline.

Quote:
Me theory over Scar, Zira and children is that Kovu is actually biologiaclly Scars (as he is the only one that looks like him) and it's actually Vitani and Nuka that are Zira's and no relation to Scar and Nala... well she's deffinetly no child of Scars!
Interesting. Out of curiosity, how do you reconcile the ad nauseum Kovu-is-not-Scar's-son dialogue that's littered throughout SP and the cut scenes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited-Mind
Oh, and if no one else claims her, could i Rp Sarafina aswell?
If no one else claims her, then I don't see why not. Right now, though, I want to give everyone a fair chance at getting an FC. So, no doubling up just yet.
Unread Dec 25th, 2007, 03:17 AM   #14
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Yay, that's awesome! c:
You know, I actually also would very much love finally having a RP involving Scar & his 'oldest', I do believe, we never did actually have one with those two before, had we? c:

Okies, I'll make sure to get Sprited-Mind briefed on him, thanks for pointing that out. c:

Why, of course! c:
I haven't rped my crazy split-personality cheetah for far too long, anyway!
Still very fondly think back to the one with Pegs, about his encounter with one of the 4 Sisters.
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Unread Dec 25th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #15
Katari

Tempted as I was to claim either Kovu or Kiara, I think I'll just stick to using a fan character for now. Is there any particular thread we should post profiles for our original characters in?

I'm glad to see that you've restarted this, in any case.
Unread Dec 25th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #16
SergeAnei
Experiencing a blackout from Stump highnotes*

Oh muh gosh, all this stuff being explaineded...is there any background info I should know about Vitani? I think I'm pretty experienced roleplaying her, but I wanna know just in case....

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Dec 26th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #17
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Quote:
You know, I actually also would very much love finally having a RP involving Scar & his 'oldest', I do believe, we never did actually have one with those two before, had we? c:
I don't think we ever did, either. At least, I'm not finding any instance in the old threads where the two crossed paths. We'll have to remedy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katari
Is there any particular thread we should post profiles for our original characters in?
Not as yet, no, but that's not a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitani/RawarCrew
...is there any background info I should know about Vitani?
I don't think there's anything additional to canon at this point. I mean, aside from fanchar relatives, but most of those I'm not sure Vitani would remember, anyway, or possibly even be aware of. Which, for safety's sake, could also apply to her knowledge (or, rather, lack thereof) about her father: She simply doesn't know (doesn't remember/wasn't told/whatever). Might make for an easy dodge around the issue until there's a consensus about where she, Nuka, and Kovu come from. Or something. But, yeah, I don't think there's much extra on Vitani for the SRP.
Unread Dec 26th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #18
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Quote:
I don't think we ever did, either. At least, I'm not finding any instance in the old threads where the two crossed paths. We'll have to remedy that.

Ja, we certainly do! C:
I am ready, as soon as you are, at that! c;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katari
Is there any particular thread we should post profiles for our original characters in?

I also do think this is a very good idea! c:
What about making a little thread (which I could maybe also make a Sticky) for that concern, including a form, so everyone with an original character can post it's info in there & like that, also making it easiely accessable for the others players?
Commissions
Unread Dec 26th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #19
Katari

Quote:
What about making a little thread (which I could maybe also make a Sticky) for that concern, including a form, so everyone with an original character can post it's info in there & like that, also making it easiely accessable for the others players?
*nods* That would be just the thing. That way, we can keep characters in the RP as organized as possible. It would also ensure that Snowy would have an easier time with whatever quality (or is that "sanity") control she might wish to do, like the actions mentioned in the first post of this thread for correcting any over-sized litters.
Unread Dec 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #20
CandyKitten

Sounds good to me Wolvy. Which reminds me - Angel and Zaina where we starting them from because obviously they already know each other...

Kitty's going to get you - by the awesome Wolvy
Kerry & Kris by the wonderful Ash - Kis is (C) Hollyoaks ! <3

Feathered Felines | Nergal Forum | Tigan Forum
Unread Dec 28th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #21
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess. c:
They both don't seem the type of lion to imidiatly settle down, so, if you like, the two of them also already can be mates or just having gotten to know eachother, whatever you prefer is fine with me, really. c:
Commissions
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #22
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Edit made to main post: FC status list changed. Minor modifications to the Long lost relatives of the FCs and Original characters sections in order to mention (and link to) the newly-created character profiles thread.

Quote:
Ja, we certainly do! C:
I am ready, as soon as you are, at that! c;
I think, since the last thread in the SRP involved Scar and Rafiki heading to Pride Rock to see Simba, the next thread for me would be that meeting between king and evil uncle. Maybe after that, then, circumstances of the plot permitting?
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 02:22 AM   #23
Saitenyo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Interesting. Out of curiosity, how do you reconcile the ad nauseum Kovu-is-not-Scar's-son dialogue that's littered throughout SP and the cut scenes?
I actually had something for that worked out...since Kovu really does seem to bear some family resemblance to Scar that's hard to dismiss. My theory has always been that Kovu is Scar's son, but with another lioness (not Zira). Zira's rather obsessive devotion to Scar gave me the impression she might be prone to jealousy.

Whatever circumstances lead to her raising him instead of his real mother (Zira kills her maybe?), Zira raises him and her other cubs insisting that Scar is not his father, a combination of personal denial and a refusal to have anyone else think he wasn't 100% loyal to her.

Also, while we're on the topic of parentage, as Nuka's player, I'd like to stick with Nuka being the actual son of both Zira and Scar. I know you're already of that opinion Snowy, but I just thought I'd give my opinion on that since it got brought up. I think it makes for more interesting drama with Nuka's inability to live up to Scar/Zira's expectations.

Anyway, since I got involved in this right around when it died last time and wasn't fully clear on (and may not remember anyway) the past plots...any important non-canon information I should know about Nuka? Namely, any OC relatives he should know about? Also, did his former player have an explanation for specifically how he survived the logs and what happened to him immediately after or should I come up with something for that?
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #24
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Quote:
I think, since the last thread in the SRP involved Scar and Rafiki heading to Pride Rock to see Simba, the next thread for me would be that meeting between king and evil uncle. Maybe after that, then, circumstances of the plot permitting?

Ja, sounds good. c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolf77
any important non-canon information I should know about Nuka? Namely, any OC relatives he should know about?

He'd happen to have a younger brother, my character, Angel. c;
However, Nuka is unaware of his existance, for they haven't met in the SRP as of yet.
He might be able to recognice him, though, once they meet. Angel was being taken away as an infant cub, by hungry wild dogs, when the lionesses were out hunting & like that Angel was assumed to have been killed.

Interesting theory about Kovu there, too, I must say.
My personal theory always was of him being neighter the son of Scar nor Zira, but after the dissapointment with Nuka (& the loss of Angel, if including my fan-fiction), them actually kidnapping another cub, to become their worthy heir & like that Zira refering to him as 'chosen by Scar himself'.
Commissions
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #25
takashari
Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.

I'm toying with the thought of taking Kovu...however I have a question before I commit, if more than one person wants a FC will auditions be held? Or, I suppose, will any auditions be held for FCs?
On an unrelated note, what of the other Outlanders, Scruffy, Dotty, etc...? Will they be permitted or no?
Closed Thread