The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > Fantasy/Mystical Roleplay
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread May 7th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Aerazura
the listener

Jack & Ardon || Battle of Wills

The morning after Melina’s strange dream was slow going and felt off to the Boldwing dragoness. Melina had seemed awfully quiet but out of sorts, and Zyra could feel the confusion the woman felt trickling through the link as she lay awake in bed, still having not yet sat up or put on her glasses. Zyra herself was still dealing with the repercussions of talking with Ardon and Comox the night before. That realization slowly came over her as she lay on the floor. Frustrated and nearly bubbling over with turbulent emotions, the dragoness rubbed her face with her paws before getting up to shower, letting Melina relax in bed before they started their day, not that she much wanted to.
Zyra stepped out of the shower room with sparkling scales but she still felt the weight of yesterday on her shoulders, unable to wash it away.
Looking over she saw Melina sitting at her desk, reading at her computer. Inquiring after the dream again, the dragoness was waved off and told it was nothing, "Just a silly reoccurring dream Zy nothing to worry about" Melina said as she changed the subject. "How did the talk go with the boys" She inquired.
The dragoness shook her head as she sat down, “Awkward and awful. Something I’d much rather not do ever again.”
"Oh Zyra, what a really difficult situation to be in, not fair on you" Melina replied.
“I really don’t want to go back out there, today…or even this week for that matter. Could I be the worst guardian ever and have you go get breakfast for me?” she asked hopefully.
"Sure I can do that for you, what you fancying?" She asked kindly
“Something light. Fruit Salad and yoghurt maybe with granola if that’s alright,” requested the dragoness. She didn’t feel much like eating but she knew she needed something.
"No problem Zy I get you the good stuff and a calming herbal tea" Melina said, getting up and heading for the canteen.
“Thank you, Mel,” the Boldwing called after her.
Zyra paced the room, out of sorts. She dreaded the moment she would have to speak with either Ardon or Comox again.
The dragoness went over to the computer to see if she could get her mind off things by checking her mail. Powering it on she noticed that there was already an email opened. Curious, she thought she had closed the program yesterday. Maybe Alyia has messaged her back from their conversation earlier.
She read the text on screen but as she read she realized this was not addressed to her...

Mel
We miss you! How many times have I said that now? Well over a million I think. And I mean that.
When are you coming down to get together? Moms heart breaks every time you sat next time. Enough of saying you have to work. Let that slave driver of a boss know that you need to see your family! It’s Mom’s birthday on the 28th. We’re all going down to the beach house to celebrate. Please, please, please come. It’s all mom and dad talk about when we get together, their ‘lost daughter’ they call you. It would really make their day, no their year if you came down. They're worried that they've done something wrong, that you don't want to see them anymore. When we offered to come up to see you and you declined mom was beside herself thinking that you were trying to separate yourself from the family.
Besides, your sisters haven’t seen you in ages (the Video calls we get once in a blue moon don’t count!)
Please try to come down, Melina. We’ll be together from the 10th to the 31st. I’m sure you could convince someone to let you have even a week off to come down. We’d love to see you.

Come home or else
Xo – Emilie

Zyra couldn't help it; she read the whole thing and sat back on her heels. Melina hadn't seen her family since they bonded. A guilty pit formed in her stomach, wondering if she was the reason why she hadn't seen her family. She immediately thought of the conversation she and Ardon had when Jacks brother had passed away. It was heartbreaking when it had happened and she did not want Melina going through something similar, regretting not seeing her family before anything like that happened.
She fretted, walking away from the screen and back again, wondering what she should do. There was so much going on her mind now that she barely knew what to think. She was drawn out of her thoughts a few minutes later when her Attilu had returned with trays in hand.
"I got your stuff, they had loads of of choice....Zy?, are you ok?" Melina asked, unaware she had read the email.
Zyra sat in the middle of the room, looking agitated. Her tail curled about her feet flicked to and fro nervously.
"Um, well..." said the dragoness, uncertain if she should bring it up
Melina looked over to see her emails open; she put the tray down and walked over.
"Zy, these are my private emails, you had no right to go through them," Melina said all of a sudden raising her voice.
Zyra looked up, drawing her sail back at the accusation. She hadn’t expected such heat in her tone, "I didn't mean to! I thought it was my mail that was open. I wanted to send a reply back to Alyia.”
"You shouldn’t have looked," Melina said looking to see the email from her sister open.
"You opened my Sisters email to me" Melina said, her voice rising in anger,
"I didn't" protested Zyra, "It didn’t open it. It was already up on the screen. I thought it was my email from Alyia. I didn't mean to read it but I did. Why have you been avoiding your family, Mel? They miss you..."
"It’s none of your business why Zy, I have not had the time, I been dealing with a lot of things and now the new issue with you and the boys," Melina said her voice was raised as she seemed angry Zyra had read the email.
The dragoness couldn’t believe the fire she was getting from her Attilu, something was up but she didn’t know what.
"We do have time! If you asked Jack right now and said that you've not seen your family in over 5 years he would grant you all the time he needed. Besides, the issue with the boys is another perfect reason to leave. I can't be here. I can't bear to be around them right now. What's stopping us?" Said Zyra, her own voice rising a little now.
Melina shook her head, "I have you to take care of, Family are all the way in Australia, least I’m talking to them" Melina defended her decision.
"Hardly by the sounds of it.” She retorted, getting to her feet, “I can take care of myself. I am not a hatchling. You're grasping at air for your excuses Melina, what's the real reason?"
Melina shook her head.
"Don’t go there Zyra, I can't deal with your issues and you accusing me of hiding from my family, what gives you the right to point your talons at me!" Melina exclaimed unhappy with the dragoness.
"Because I don't want you to ever go through what Jack did!" Huffed the dragoness, sail rising in her argument. She didn’t want that grief to befall Melina, ever, and couldn’t understand why she didn’t get it.
"I am not I just can’t go see them at the moment, things are complicated here, do not make it even more so" Melina said back, the argument got heated as the two of them raised their voices.
"But Melina..." protested the dragoness, "I just don't understand. There's no reason not to go."
“You! You are the reason!" Melina said in a sudden outburst that stunned the dragoness.
"My family know a Zyra but they do not know she is a dragon from another world, they would freak out, that is why I haven’t gone," Melina said as she stopped looking angry and sat down on the bed, shocked with herself for saying that.
Zyra was taken aback, silenced by the outburst.
"Oh," was all that she managed to muster after a short time. Her mind was buzzing and she held one paw up off the floor, uncertain. The corners of her eyes got a little watery but she blinked to hold it back. She drew an unsteady breath,, "I see..." she said, unable to stop the shakiness in her voice, hurt.
"I shouldn’t of said that.....I'm sorry, but life isn't as simple as you dragons make it out to be," Melina said.
“Simple? You think…..you think I think this life is simple?” her words came out as an offended whisper. The dragoness suddenly turned and fled the room.
"Zyra… Zyra!" Melina called but the dragoness was already gone, she slumped on the floor and put her head in her hands, what had she done.
The Boldwing ran down the hall. She couldn’t go to Ardon, nor Comox for a shoulder to lean on. Instead her paws yielded to her wings, as they took her up and out of the dragon hangar.
Aerazura is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread May 8th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #2
IapetusCas
Black & White

Melina shook her head, she should not of said that, never in a million years, the dragoness had been poking and prodding for reasons why she had not been, the truth was she thought her parents would freak out.
They were pretty traditional and lived in a quiet and secluded area in Australia, they knew of dragons on earth but did not keep up with day to day activities as they retired early, to enjoy life away from media and other such things.
If she turned up with Zyra, she imagine they be frightened and scared with the fact their daughter was bonded to a dragon, she knew she might be being silly but she couldn’t risk it.
Though she kept in email contact, she always kept making excuses, saying she had work or projects to do, they had kept pestering her ot visit but Melina had always made up excuses.
Now Zyra was hurt and upset with her, something she did not want to do, but she felt the hurt and anger within her.
“What have you done Mel” she said to herself, wiping a tear away from her eye, Zyra did not deserve that, but the damage was done now.

Daniel was completing his sweep of the dragon academy quarters, checking security in these holds, inspecting the cameras and security systems before deciding it was time for Breakfast.
Veyron looked out he door and saw Daniel coming his way.
He gave a whistle before scurrying up the man's side to settle on his shoulders. "Headed to the canteen?" He inquired.
Daniel had not been paying attention until he found something crawling up him swiftly, before he knew it Veyron was with him asking for a lift.
“I am, I guess you timed that well Veyron” Daniel said as he walked towards the canteen, “Thought Melina gave you that fitness schedule for you to do” he replied to the wraith.
"Ppft, I think I do enough without walking miles upon miles just to find some coffee," said Veyron.
Daniel smiled light as he continued to walk towards the canteen.
“Well this little lift didn’t happen then, so I can tell Melina you did all those miles of walking” Daniel chuckled lightly.
The dragon patted Daniel's shoulder, "Good man." He said with a yawn. "I could kill for a coffee."
Daniel gave him a look.
"Thought she said to cut down on your coffee, you like a lot of human things for a dragon" Daniel commented.
"She tried to cut all the joy out of my life but I've lived here for nearly 20 years. It's kind of impossible to live any other way." Veyron replied.
"Hell no," Veyron snorted, "life without electricity.... cable TV... booze. Couldn't do it."
Daniel smiled as he heard the Wraiths reply.
“Ah, so fully domesticated” Daniel said as they were near the entrance of the canteen.
"Don't talk a dragon domesticated. It's like calling humans tame. We're civil creatures even without the tech you guys have you know." Replied the wraith, hopping off his shoulder and onto the counter, drawing in a deep breath from the coffee scented air.
Daniel nodded.
“Point taken, well I let you go have your coffee and breakfast, odd the professor isn’t here, shes usually an early riser” Daniel said.
"She's Probably plotting some torture routine in the name of health." Muttered Veyron as he got a mug.
Daniel gave Veyron a look.
“You cant be like that, she did heal you up and got all those scales of yours back in line, so cant be overly bitter” Daniel replied.
"Yeah, yeah, I already said I was grateful." Veyron said while taking a sip of his drinkJack was up and on checking his work schedule when his phone went off, checking it, he could see it was from his dad, telling him that his mother and him were off to the coast in the large house that overlooked beautiful scenery of the Scottish coastlands, it was big enough for Ardon to fit in.
Jack gave a small smile, it had been months since they went up the last time, perhaps it be a nice break away from the base, especially after Ardon little issue with Comox and Zyra.
Ardon looked over at Jack, the gold still feeling blue about yesterday. "Whats up?” he asked.
Jack looked over to the golden dragon.
“Dad’s inviting us up, they are having a holiday on the coast so wanted to know if we want to go along, Aileen was saying we haven’t been” Jack replied.
"Oh..." said Ardon, perking up a bit. "Could we.... i mean, do you want to go?"
Jack nodded lightly.
“I do, be nice change, plus we got too much holiday again, so rather than face the wrath of the HR manager again” Jack said giving a sheepish look.
"We should go, I really wouldn't mind getting out of here for a bit," the dragon admitted.
“I thought you might, be a good idea, clear the air with you three, perhaps see if Melina needs some time off as well, she hasn’t said anything yet” Jack commented.
Ardon mumbled something and let out a breath. It would be good to see jack’s family again. The gold loves his parents dearly.
"When would we leave?"
Jack smiled lightly.
“I speak to HR now and check my calendar, fancy flying up or shuttlecraft?” he asked with a grin.
"Lets fly," suggested Ardon with a small smile back. He enjoyed those kinds of flights with Jack.
"Excellent, we take the travel harness and then go from there" Jack said.
Ardon smiled, feeling happier now that they had this trip to look forward to. "I look forward to it. It will be nice to see them again.
Jack nodded.
“Right I send an email off to HR and get them to check, doubt they have any issues but we can be on the way in a few days’ time” Jack said happily.
Unread May 10th, 2017, 01:26 AM   #3
Aerazura
the listener

Zyra had fled outside out of the dragon hanger and nearly collided with Vonriir.
“Woah,” chuckled the large dragon before he saw the look on her face. “Hey, now, what’s wrong?”
Zyra landed on the grass, trying to wave off his questions but the cragback followed, setting down beside her.
“Little lady…” he said, fanning out a wing around her.
“It’s nothing, Vonriir,” she managed to choke out but the large dragon wasn’t buying it.
“I can see tears in your eyes, little miss. What has got you so worked up?” he asked gently.
Zyra was silent for a moment but eventually she conceded, telling Vonriir what happened. The cragback listened, respectfully quiet as she spoke. She tried to hold back tears but some escaped, the dragoness’s mind revolving around guilt, betrayal and anger. Not knowing what to think the dragoness grew quiet again at the end of her explanation, bowing her head and rubbing her face with the back of her paw.
Vonriir looked down at her with an empathetic expression, patting her softly on the back with a large paw.
“This isn’t your fault, Zyra.”
“Yes it is. How is it not?” she sniffed. “I bonded with her and made her feel that way.”
“Brathille chooses, not you, little miss. Do not let guilt take over your hearts. It is a difficult situation you’re found yourself in but you’ll work this out. You’re a clever one, and stubborn as all hell too,” he said with a small chuckle that made the Boldwing look up at him with a ghost of a smile.
The two of them spoke for a while longer, until Vonriir was certain that the dragoness was no longer in distress over what happened. A fatherly sort, he didn’t want the Boldwing to be sad but knew he couldn’t fix the problem himself.
When Zyra finally left the grounds, an inkling of an idea sparked in her mind and grew throughout the day. She hid away as she thought over her plan, weighing the pros and cons of what it could mean. It wasn’t until later that afternoon that Zyra finally set her mind to it.
The Boldwing made her way down the halls of the facility, careful to keep an eye out for Ardon or Comox while she did so but the building seemed fairly quiet. She made her way to the commander’s office. She knocked on the door and poked her head inside, relieved to see that Ardon wasn’t there.
“Jack, are you busy?”
"Oh hey Zyra please come in, are you ok?" The man asked.
"Yeah," replied the dragoness a little sheepishly, she wondered if Ardon had told him of their conversation from later night. She had other things to worry about anyway. "I have a question… and a request."
"Go for it Zyra, what's on your mind?" Jack said kindly.
The dragoness took a breath, "I would like to know if Melina and I could take some time off, so she could visit her family. Her mother's birthday is coming up and her sisters are getting together." said the dragoness, "My request is to keep it a secret. I want to surprise Melina with the tickets… and stuff."
"Oh, umm yes sure you girls can, it's stupidly quiet here, me and Ardy are off as well so good thing to head off down under" Jack replied with a small smile.
"Oh," said Zyra quietly upon hearing Ardon was leaving too, she paused a moment to wonder why, "You sure it's alright? All of us gone?"
"Yeah, Mark is back soon anyways so there is a boss figure, if not Daniel would be in command" Jack said.
“Okay, if you’re sure. Thank you so much,” she said before giving him the dates she requested before leaving the office, headed towards the next part of her plan. She had Jack’s permission to take holiday with Melina, now she needed tickets.
The dragoness found herself knocking on Veyron’s door, lingering outside while she waited for a response. Instead of a shout from inside or the clicking of the door the Boldwing nearly jumped when his voice came from her left.
“Didn’t mean to spook ya, angel face. What brings you knocking at my door?” asked the wraith, finishing off the last few bites of a croissant.
“It’s a secret,” said Zyra.
“My specialty,” grinned Veyron, “Come on in.”
With Veyron’s help she purchased tickets with her credits from his computer and printed off the confirmation numbers, with his promise that he would not tell anyone about the departure to Australia. He complied but she wondered how soon he would use this information to barter for something else he wanted.
Her next step would be her biggest hurdle. She took a breath as she left the wraith’s quarters, thinking about where she would hunt down what she needed next. Her paws took her around the facility without much luck until she found herself at the canteen. Baxter was sitting with a book and an empty plate at one of the tables and Sam was about to walk past with a cup of coffee in his hand. Zyra flared a wing to catch his attention before speaking to both of them.
"Sam, Bax. I have the hugest favour to ask," she said, looking around to make sure no one was about. "Can we go talk in your office?" She asked Baxter.
Baxter and Sam looked at each other then back to Zyra, "Sure we can talk, follow me" Baxter said with Sam following. They walked in relative silence, Zyra’s hearts thudding in her chest as she thought about the question she was going to ask.
Zyra closed the door behind her and sat down as Sam and Baxter looked at her expectantly. "I am going to sound crazy but just hear me out before you say anything, okay?"
Dr Baxter seemed to get uneasy as Sam was silent, "I am listening Zyra, go ahead" Baxter said.
"I was told that you kept my human form logged in the machine from last year. I want to change back. Just for a few weeks, if it's safe.” She blurted.
Baxter seemed surprised and shook his head.
"The technology is still very new and there is no guarantees Zyra, it is risky"
Zyra was crestfallen, that wasn’t the answer she wanted to hear.
Sam nodded lightly but scratched his head, "We technically could, the form saved was the one you had, we could recall it, but why?" Sam asked.
"Because.... it's just really important. I want to know if I can swing this, also, and this is important, Melina can't know until after," she said, hoping they wouldn't press for the answer.
Dr Baxter seemed unsure but Sam seemed a bit more positive on the idea.
"Well technically we can Zyra, the machine is still all set to last time, we can technically put you to human and back, it does take a lot of power to use but you suffer all the phantom feelings," Baxter warned.
"I know," said the dragoness, hesitantly. This was the one thing she had grappled with the most when she had thought the plan. Being in that human form had nearly driven her crazy. Her throat got tight and she got anxious whenever she thought about turning back but the dragoness thought that this would be the only way to fix things, "I understand the consequences, but this is really important and if we can make it happen i would be super appreciative."
Dr Baxter nodded lightly.
"Well, we can do it, the system is stable and we can do it, the form saved was enhanced in a way, I reckon Brathille your bond will enhance you as a human" Baxter said.
"oh? Well that doesn't matter much. I just need to change over for a few weeks. Then back to normal. Can we do this? How long will it take to set up?
"You seem keen to do this, you were pleased to go back as a dragon, why now?" Sam asked as Dr Baxter still seemed unsure,
"I am.... and I am happiest a dragon and rather not go back but ...Melina hasn't seen her family since we bonded and it's because of me," she admitted. "If I turned back just for a few weeks she can see everyone again. I know she won't go alone if I sent her by herself. So this is the only way I can make it work."
"Have you told Melina this? does she know your planning on doing this, she come after me and Sam " the man said.
"No.... and you have to keep it a secret, please. I know she wouldn't approve but I don't see any other way around it. I don't want her going through the same thing as jack did..."
Dr Baxter sighed lightly, shaking his head.
" Alright, give us a few hours and we be ready" Baxter said, much to her surprise. She honestly had not thought they would have agreed.
"Thank you so much, from the bottom of my hearts." Said Zyra, hugging them both.
"Alright Zyra, come to us at four, we be ready...umm bring some clothes as Dr Baxter lowered his gaze and seemed to blush.
Zyra didn’t seem to notice, getting to her feet so she could go gather things to get ready, “Right. I’ll get what I need. Thank you both again. See you soon!”

Break in the story as I go on holiday =)

Last edited by Aerazura : May 10th, 2017 at 01:39 AM.
Unread May 18th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #4
IapetusCas
Black & White

Dr Baxter and Sam worked in getting the large machine up operational, since the last time it was powered down but the existing preferences were saved and were easy to bring up, the two men worked to ensure all circuits were operational and to make sure nothing went wrong.
Dr Baxter was unsure about all of this, he was not keen on putting Zyra back into the machine, nor liked the idea that this was all about the professor ignoring her family because of the bold wing, the man had trouble about agreeing to the dragonesses request.
He was soon distracted by Sam who broke him out of his concerns and guilt rising in him.
“The Machine consumes a lot of power Doctor, the portal is on standby, we could shut that down and use the power there, plus a few lab areas to ensure it doesn’t spike on the main system” the young man suggested.
“Yes, do that and reroute the power through” Dr Baxter said as Sam nodded, typing away on the console pad.
“I’m still not comfortable with this, if Melina finds out, she kill us and Jack” the doctor said with an anxious look.
“I understand but she wants to do this, if there is a possibility then we must offer it, I have triple checked the systems and all is running well, no burn outs and her form is saved” Sam said as Baxter heard the doors open and seeing the bold wing approach.
“Too late now I guess” Dr Baxter whispered under his breath, he was not looking forward to this.
The dragoness walked into the room, clothes draped over her shoulder.
"Everything running normal so far?" She asked as the doctors typed and calibrated the machine for use.
Baxter seemed to be making final calculations as Sam approached, he smiled looking up at the dragoness as he took the clothes from her shoulder.
“Yes we are ready, Melina has left the labs so I shut power down there and the portal, so it wont set alarms off, Baxter is getting the human form back” Sam gestured to the large screen for Zyra to see.
"Thanks, you guys, I mean it. I know it's a huge thing to ask," said the dragoness.
Baxter nodded as Sam agreed.
“It is a big ask Doctor Zyra” Baxter said as Sam looked up and smiled.
“Look on the bright side, she is exactly how you left her, very athletic, toned and in peak health” Sam said, the man trying to keep the dragoness in good spirits despite the reasons why.
The dragoness laughed slightly, a nervous tone in her voice, "as long as I'm not some blob."
“You be fine” Sam said as the doors opened to the chamber.
“I think we are ready, I go check and make final calculations” Sam said as he went to one of the control panels.
Baxter came across to speak to Zyra.
“You sure you still want to do this Zyra?, there is a small risk involved in this procedure and the side effects with phantom feelings, I just want to be sure before I press the button” the young man said.
The holding was quiet for a minute as she thought. "Yes, yes I’m sure," she said at last, confident, yet nervous of her decision.
Baxter nodded lightly as he gestured for Zyra to enter the chamber, he let out a breath he had been holding for a while, nerves ate away at him as the doors shut.
“See you in a moment” Baxter said as Sam initiated the procedure.
The machine powered up and soon the rotating sections began to orbit the chamber the bold wing was in getting faster and faster as white light appeared, almost making Zyra disappear as the machine now began the process.
The automated computer now copied the saved human form onto Zyra, with Baxter and Sam monitoring everything carefully.
An alert went off which made Dr Baxter seem to go into a panic as Sam typed on the panels.
“Energy spike, compensating now, no major issues, I adjust the power flow” Sam said as Baxter typed on another panel.
“Process nearly done, all systems stable, completion in 3…2…1” Baxter looked up as the machine began to power down.
“Let’s check on her” Baxter said as Sam nodded bringing a mobile medical kit they kept there.
Baxter opened the doors as white smoke escaped outwards, when the smoke did clear, Zyra the bold wing was no longer there, instead the familiar pale skin, short white hair and blackened rimed eyes greeted them…Zyra was human once more.
Baxter got a large towel and placed it over Zyra’s body for privacy and warmth as the woman seemed to be asleep.
"Zyra?, can you hear me?, are you ok?" Baxter said as Sam checked the woman’s vitals.
“Vitals stable, she is coming aroun” Sam said as his medical scanner confirmed all was well.
"Hmm?" The girl mumbled, blinking, momentarily confused. "What? Oh? Did it work?"
Baxter nodded as Sam brought a mirror.
“See for yourself, you are back as your human version, though looking a bit more defined than usual, I think Brathille had a hand in it during the process, power spiked a bit but yes its worked” Sam said as Baxter still looked a little concerned.
"Good to hear." Said Zyra as she stepped into a private area to get dressed. She came back out dressed in soft blue blouse and grey trousers.
Zyra soon reappeared again dressed and looking very nice in the clothes she had kept from her last time.
"Thanks again. You have no idea how important this is for me. If anyone gives you grief send them to me. I'll take the fall for anything."
Baxter nodded lightly, “Well see how Melina sees it, big sort of moment, don’t blame us if we go into hiding” Baxter lightly joked.
Sam had returned to the panel to reverse the calibration.
“We get it calibrated for your return, we got the dragon form saved” Sam replied.
"Thank the stars for you guys. We should be back on the 31st if all goes to plan." Replied Zyra.
“We be waiting” Sam said with a nod.
The men watched Zyra leave to go speak to Melina, Baxter felt guilty.
“We are going to get into so much trouble Sam” Baxter said.
“Perhaps but Zyra wanted it and all systems worked well, see how it goes, Zyra will be ok, I got her bold wing form saved all secure, no issues there” Sam reassured the doctor.
“Let’s get it calibrated ready, then we can go into hiding” Baxter said, joining Sam in the machines recalibration.
Zyra had left heading towards the professor’s room, no longer a deadly, graceful bold wing but as a human form she did not like but her love for Melina and desire to see the professor’s family was an overriding factor.
Zyra walked into the room, tickets in hand as she collected herself and took a breath.
"Mel...?"
Melina was at her desk filing in reports to keep her busy, she sensed nervousness in the link from the bold wing and gave a puzzled looked as she turned.
Her eyes widened and hand come up to her mouth as standing before her was Zyra in human form, looking a little nervous as Melina could not believe what had happened.
It took a moment for Melina to come out of her shock and realised what had happened.
“No…no they diddnt, please say they did not” she said shaking her head lightly.
Zyra merely looked at her with her yellow human eyes and Melina got angry.
“They had no right to do this to you!” she said abruptly marching towards the door to find the boys.

"Mel wait, cool it." Said Zyra, standing in the way of the door.
"This was all me. I...I didn't want anything holding you back from seeing your family. Even me. .." she said before holding up the tickets. "Now you have no excuses not to."
Melina looked and saw plane tickets to Australia, first class by Qantas from Heathrow London International.
Melina shook her head, Zyra had done this all for them to go to Australia to meet her parents, all behind her back.
Melina was trying hard not to cry and get frustrated with her dragon and the boys for agreeing to the outrageous request Zyra had put upon them.
"They should have stopped you, how could they allowed you to do this, you hated being human" She said still feeling angry with the boys, just thinking how they rolled over to make Zyra human again.
“Damm that machine!” Melina said out loud.
Zyra spoke with more assertiveness to the professor.
"I hate you hiding from your family because of me even more!" Replied Zyra. "The boys did nothing wrong. I asked them, out of my choice."
Melina shook her head sitting down on her bed looking up at the woman before her, she was just like she was, the grey hair, black rimmed eyes, the athletic figure, it made Melina a bit happy to see her like this again, but she had only just started coming to terms and agreeing Zyra was best as a bold wing.
"you shouldn't of done this....your a dragon, a bold wing, not human...I thought human you was gone" Melina said.
Zyra responded, her voice a little calmer.
"I wasn't going to let you go your whole life hiding from your family because of me, Mel. I would do anything for you, including this," she said.
Melina calmed a little, feeling sad and upset that Zyra had gone to these lengths for her, she had not wanted this at all, but Zyra seemed determined and wasn’t going to change her mind on this.
"Zy.....you shouldn't have, but I guess it be futile to send you back, you beaten me once" She said with a small, weak smile.
Perhaps this would work out, despite being mad and upset with her dragon or now her human form, she had to admire the great lengths Zyra had gone to do this, Melina did suggest Zyra changing back but the woman refused, she was still a stubborn bold wing, despite now being back in her human form.
Unread May 21st, 2017, 10:53 PM   #5
Aerazura
the listener

"So," asked Zyra hesitantly, "does this mean you'll go?"
Melina looked at the woman and nodded lightly, "you done all of this for me, I cannot say no, we will be going,"
Her heart soared, so happy that the woman, though somewhat cornered to agree, did so. The dragoness had gone to ultimate lengths to ensure her Attilu's happiness and to be certain that she did not hold her back from anything. Guilt already raked at her from the trip up to Scotland. The memories dig site and professor Grant were melancholy at best and made Zyra feel horrible whenever she thought of them.
This, she felt, was some small way to help give Melina a more normal life, by torchwood standards at least. Working within a secret organization alongside dragons was far from the rest of the worlds standard of normal.
" I send an email to Emilie and get it sorted, I ask Jack for time off" Melina said.
"I already asked him, he's approved us through till the 31st, so I guess we should pack?" She said somewhat sheepishly. She felt back that she had done this behind her back but it had really been the only way.
Melina looked a little surprised, "You have been a busy bee I see, running around and transforming to a human...the suitcases are in the usual place" Melina said pointing to the storage cupboard by her bed.
Zyra followed suite and opened the luggage cases on the bed.
"I know I went about this in the most, sneaky kind of way. I did it with the best intentions, I really hope you're not too cross with me.."
Melina shook her head, " No..not cross I'm sad I've forced you to change back to something you dislike," Melina said.
Zyra nodded, she could already feel the discomfort of being trapped in this form already now that the adrenaline of showing up like this had worn off. Her shoulders it he'd fiercely where her wings should be. She tried her best to ignore the feeling.
"Well make it worthwhile and have a good time with your family." Insisted Zyra. "Stars know it's been a long time."
"Yes, I guess we can, they know of a Zyra but they do not know your a dragon" Melina replied opening her clothes cupboards.
Zyra stopped what she was doing and looked up, gesturing to herself, "I am not a dragon... currently. And looking at me no one would ev r think I was. They don't need to know if that helps." Zyra said, folding shirts and putting them in one of the cases.
" No, perhaps they don't....you can change back, you don't have to be human" Melina said quietly.

Zyra dropped her arms down into her lap as she sat cross legged in front of her case. She shook her head , "too late for that, Mel. You were obviously uncomfortable with it so I'm human for a while. It's going to take a while for the boys to reset the machine anyway so...you're stuck with your bff colleague from work who has never been to Australia so you thought you'd bring her along," replied the dragoness, explaining her cover story.

Melina smiled weakly.
"Alright, you made your point miss, I want you to pack your Boldwing hoodie though" She asked the woman.
Zyra smiled, "of course."
Together they packed what they needed for their adventure before rolling their cases down the hall towards the garage so that Melina could drive them to the airport.
They managed to avoid mostly everyone, Zyra raeally didn't want to explain what was going on but that plan was foiled by a tiny grey dragon.
He came around the corner and looked up as Melina, giving her a slight nod but pausing as he caught sight of the unfamiliar woman.
"Morning Proffesor, who ya got with you today?" He asked but as soon as he made eye contact the wraith paused. His own eyes grew narrow and suspicious as he looked at the stranger. He then caught the smell that she carried and his eyes grew wide as he vaulted up her side.
"What kind of abomination is this?" He exclaimed, sitting on zyras shoulders and inspecting her face rather closely.
"Zyra, what the hell?"

Melina turned defensive, " Stop it Veyron!, leave her alone or I use you as a bungee cord" the woman snapped.
Zyra turned to her, alarmed at her tone but veyron was the first to speak.

"Woah, cool your jets, prof. I meant no offence so cool it. You've got the venom of a spitter after being bonded so long huh? Not everyday you see witchcraft. You don't mind, do ya, angel face?" The wraith said to Zyra.
The white haired woman sighed, not knowing where to begin.
"So, dragons not allow in Australia or what?" He asked, Melina.

"It's complicated, sorry Veyron, it's a pretty sensitive topic currently, prefer you not studying her, she is a beautiful dragoness and beautiful human as well" Melina commented.
"I guess," said the wraith, cocking his head to the side, "thought I am not one to judge human beauty. Anyway, freakshow, enjoy your trip down under. I expect more of an explanation when you get back."
"I'm sure you'll nose around while I'm gone," said Zyra, picking him up off her shoulders and putting him down on the ground.
"You know me well enough," grinned he wraith.
"Maybe if you ask nice you can get turned to a human too," joked Zyra.
"Ugh hEll no. I'm having a hard time keeping my lunch down looking at you," he teased. "Nah, I prefer not to be a squishy two legged weirdo."
"Veyron, has anyone ever told you how charming you can be?" Tutted Zyra before she and Melina pressed on towards the garage to start their journey.
Unread May 25th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #6
IapetusCas
Black & White

Melina put the suitcases into the electric car and ensured they had everything to go on holiday, it would be strange not to take the specialised shuttle craft to transport the dragoness with her, with the bold wing choosing the human route, this was no longer needed.
As Melina done her seat belt and pressed the button to activate the vehicle, she remembered the trip to Scotland, she remembered the good times she had with human Zyra as a whisper of a smile threatened to creep across her face.
Melina then was reminded what Zyra had done and that she was only in this form because of what she said, Melina focussed on driving as they left the facility and headed towards the large park and ride outside Heathrow airport.
The car journey seemed quiet as they joined the motorway to travel to the large underground parking facility for Heathrow airport, along with booking the tickets, Zyra had also booked a parking space for the car to be parked and charged while they were away.
It was so far, a quiet trip as neither Melina nor Zyra spoke as the professor drove down the motorway in the car.
"....so?" Asked Zyra hesitantly after some time, "are you looking forward to seeing everyone?"
Melina nodded lightly in response.
“Yes, it has been a while, always thought they all be busy, my one sister is a runner, a sprinter, trains professionally, Emilie is another daredevil, loves extreme sports, rock climbing all that stuff but works in the city” Melina replied, telling Zyra about her crazy sisters.
Zyra smiled, it was nice to hear her talk about her family.
"You know, if you want to make this easier I can stay at a hotel for the duration of the trip. Just let you get on with your family." She offered quietly.
Melina gave Zyra a quick glance before shaking her head.
“No, you coming along with me, through thick and thin, you done all of this for me, I wont let this go to waste, now if you open the glove box I think there’s some car sweets in there” Melina said.
"Mmm," said the dragoness, grabbing two and handing Melina one. "I'm glad, to be honest I've been looking forward to meeting them for years."
“I know you have, let’s not dwell on what has happened, although I’m worried about your phantom feelings and feeling trapped in that form, least we can do is make the best out of it” Melina replied, taking the sweet and savouring the flavour.
"Yeah. Keeping busy helps. It's the worst at night but I'll survive though it," Zyra assured her, resisting the urge to scratch at her shoulder now that she thought of it.
Melina nodded as they soon arrived at the Heathrow parking spot, once that was sorted Melina and Zyra took the underground tram to the Airport terminal.
“Ok Zyra seems we need terminal 2 for the Australia flights and the main carrier there, got the tickets?” Melina asked the woman.
Zyra held them up with a smile, "I sure do. Should we get checked in. I've never flown on an actual plane before."
Melina smiled but as she got her passport she realised something.
“Zy, passports, how the heck will be get past security and clearance, you don’t have a passport” Melina said, cursing as she did not realise this before.
Zyra looked a little sheepish as she reached into the pocket of her handbag and pulled out a passport and gave a weak smile.
Melina looked surprised as Zyra handed over her passport, inside was information, her photo and it was all official, the holograms and all security bits were there.
“This is impossible…..how…who done this…….” Melina paused realising who had done it.
“He is a clever one that IT boffin” Melina simply said handing back the passport to Zyra.
"I never said a word," said the woman, "please don't get mad at him. He was only trying to help, though he seemed like he would have preferred to keep out of it all together. Honestly I don't know why he agreed. " admitted Zyra, tucking her ticket into her passport.
Melina shook her head.
“He is a kind and compassionate man, wanting to help others, despite being very shy and quiet, least that is sorted, let’s head to the counter and get booked in, your first flight on a plane” Melina said.
Zyra nodded and followed her with her bags in tow, excited to start their adventure.
Melina approached the counter to drop off the bags onto the plane, The young man on the desk smiled and greeted them pleasantly as he checked the girls passports and then their tickets.
“Ahh Miss Goodwin, Miss Bold wing, were pleased to welcome you to our first class and the VIP lounge just down the corridor” the man said pleasantly.
“Excuse me?” Melina asked a little surprised.
“Your our 1st Class VIP passengers, with all the bells and whistles from what I can see on the ticket madam” the young man replied.
Melina turned to speak to the woman, yellow eyes looking back at her.
“Care to explain?” she asked.
"I splurged," said the white-haired woman, "seeing as it's a special occasion after all. Thought it be nice to enjoy it all, flight included."
Melina shook her head in disbelief, unable to put into words about the efforts Zyra went to, ensuring the trip to Australia was comfortable, relaxing and memorable.
“I won’t even ask, I just pretend not to care, we best head to the VIP lounge then and get all our complimentary goodies” Melina said, excitement rising in her voice, something Zyra would sense over the link.
The man on the desk pointed them in the direction of the VIP lounge as Melina had a smile on her face.
"What is it?" Asked Zyra, turning her yellow eyes to her.
“Just..to see my parents, family and flying in luxury there, never really done any of this before, or in a long while” Melina replied.
"Well, they’re all good things so nothing much to worry about, except maybe a little grief from your family for delaying so long." Said Zyra.
Melina nodded lightly.
“Yes, they will be pleased to see me, be nice to get you included in our mad family Zy, you sure your prepared?” she asked the white haired woman.
"Ready as I could ever be," she replied with a smile. "It will be fun."
The girls headed to the VIP lounge for the airline, Melina had to marvel on everything inside, Luxury carpets, seats and an open bar with people dressed smartly, who smiled and greeted them as they treated the girls to cocktails and some food nibbles.
Melina sipped her cocktail as she sat on the comfy sofa, large TV’s showing beautiful scenery and playing calm, ambient music as the girls along with a few others enjoying their drinks in private booths.
"Pretty ritzy, hm?" Smiled Zyra from over the rim of her glass. The fruity drink was sweet and refreshing and the girl sipped it slowly.
Melina grinned and nodded in agreement, being pampered in this way.
“Very, you should of asked for the dragon fruit cocktail” Melina chuckled lightly.
"I was tempted but the raspberry was calling my name," replied with a smile.
Melina and Zyra enjoyed the nibbles that were brought round for them and had another cocktail.
"This is nice. Pampered a bit on the way to your holiday," remarked Zyra, sampling a few of the snacks offered to her.
“Your holiday too Zyra, remember we are in this together, now help me polish off these cheese parcels” Melina smiled.
"Can do," Zyra grinned, popping a piece into her mouth. "Delicious."
Soon their flight was called and the girls headed off to the terminal, Melina feeling excited and happy Zyra had arranged all of this for them.
Soon they approached the aircraft which was ready to be boarded, as they were first class passengers, they got to board first.
Soon Melina and Zyra were greeted by a friendly stewardess as they were led to their seats, Melina had never travelled first class before and took in the large amounts of room, and they had their own little section of the plane to themselves.
Zyra stepped into the plane and looked around for their seats. "Oh this looks much better than everyone being squished in further down the rows," she noted.
"Yes, but this comes at a cost, you sure you had funding clearance" Melina asked.
"Of course, I did. I don't spend my wages on anything else really." The woman smiled back, "don't fret about it."
Melina gave Zyra a look.
"You crafty girl, well this is a new aircraft, very high tech, be fun adventure" Melina replied.
"Agreed. Want to sit by the window?" Asked Zyra as she stowed their bags overhead.
“Sure” Melina
Such lavish luxury and Melina seemed in awe at everything, the steward brought them over some complimentary drinks as they got comfortable.
"Thanks," said Zyra after buckling up and taking the cup. "You ready?" She asked, turning to Melina.
"I am, your first flight by our machines or metal wings....glad Ardy doesn't know about the concept of first class" She laughed.
Zyra gave a forced smile at the mention of Ardon.
"I've flown in ships and shuttles before. Will this be different?" She asked.
"Well instead of crammed in the back, you’re on a luxury seat, glass of orange juice and exciting views when we are up" Melina said giving Zyra hand a light squeeze as she smiled.
Zyra beamed, "well. This adventure was supposed to be for you but I am the one that's super excited about it." She laughed lightly.
Soon the captain came on the tannoy as they were about to close the doors and prepare for departure as Melina smiled, travelling all the way to Australia in luxury on the plane.

Meanwhile back at the torchwood base, Ardon was getting excited seeing Jack’s parents once more in the holiday house on the west coast of Scotland, massive enough to house the growing golden dragons.
"Jack?" Called Ardon, rushing about. "Are you ready yet? I can't find the clips for my riding harness to attach your bags. Have you seen them?" Asked the dragon, digging hurriedly through a desk drawer.
Jack appeared seeing the gold rushing around like a mad dragon, ensuring the man had everything packed for their trip.
“Woah, hold your horses…though that saying is redundant on you, as you could hold horses” Jack chuckled lightly as he went to get the clips.
"I want to get the air under my wings." Said Ardon, letting Jack take over looking for the clips. "Are you packed and ready?
“Yes yes I am, keep it together, your in a rush as my Mum is making that stew you love, and you know full well you have as many portions you want” Jack lightly teased.
Ardon thrummed, thinking about the delicious home cooked meals. The dragon loved jack’s family immensely and was rather excited for another visit. "Will any of your siblings come too?"
"Probably the nephew will come to visit us, it be pretty good to see my brother again" Jack replied.
"Oh good," grinned Ardon, shaking out his wings and fidgeting in his eagerness to leave.
Jack laughed lightly.
“I be ready soon, hold onto that enthusiasm” the man said as he clipped bits onto the travel harness.
As soon as they were done Jack and Ardon made their way towards the dragon hanger, though the gold was in more of a hurry to get going.
Ardon nudged jack with his snout, promoting him to get under way. Outrigged in his harness and with the luggage loaded up, the dragon was eager to go.
"Are you ready yet?" He asked. "Or should I just pick you up and start flying?"
Jack laughed, patting Ardon on the shoulder as he got his Jacket and got on board and settled into the harness.
"Yes, I'm on board let's fly to Scotland!" Jack said excitingly.
Ardon gave a yip and jumped into the air, angling his wings north.
Jack grinned as the golden dragon shot off like a rocket as they were heading up north, the dragon seemed eager and energetic, Jack noticed a light glowing on his golden scales, the energy and excitement awakening Brathille and powering that excitement into his wing muscles as Jack noticed Ardon was picking up speed and he wasn’t feeling tired.
Jack just went along with it, happy they were going home for a good while for a holiday.
Unread May 26th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #7
Aerazura
the listener

“Where’s everyone?” asked Vonriir as he stepped into the canteen, having made his rounds and noticed that they were missing a number of their team. It was rather quiet after yesterday and he wondered where everyone had gone. Veyron looked up from his coffee from where he sat on a table.
“Jack and Ardon just left to go to Scotland to visit Jack’s family I think and the ladies have headed out to Australia.” He said absently.
The massive dragon blinked in confusion a bit before it clicked and he smiled. Zyra had managed to convince Melina to go see her family after all. That made him quite happy as he been rather sad seeing her in such a state the night before, “Oh, the little lady did manage to convince Miss Melina to go see her family after all. That is good”
“Yeah, in the weirdest damn way possible,” replied Veyron, shaking his head before taking a sip of his coffee. It had been the most bizarre experience to see the woman with white hair and unmistakably yellow eyes that belonged to the Boldwing dragoness. He had wondered how she’d done it, perhaps and element of Brathille but he would dig later, he had other things to attend to today.
“Pardon?” asked Vonriir.
“Forget it,” said Veyron with a dismissive wave of his hand.
“I wish they had told me though. I didn’t get to say goodbye,” huffed the cragback in a slightly disappointed tone. He didn’t like the abrupt way in which they had left without him knowing.
“Oh you big suck. You’re a mountain not a kicked puppy. They’ll be back,” quipped the wraith, folding a piece of paper he had been going over as Vonriir gave a disapproving snort.
“Adios, Von, see ya around,” said Veyron, hopping off the table with his tail wrapped round the paper.
“You’re leaving too?”
“Not far, I have trouble here to stir up,” said the wraith, walking out of the canteen, leaving Vonriir alone once more. Veyron made his way towards the offices when he spotted the man who he was looking for coming in from the garage. With a sly smile the little dragon sprinted forward and scurried up the man’s back and onto his shoulders without a word of warning.
Mark seemed surprised to see Veyron clamber up to his shoulde which pleased the wraith. He was small but it was always a win to startle someone. Especially one like Mark.
“Howdy,” he greeted the man.
"I've only set foot inside the facility and you’re after something" Mark replied, shaking his head lightly.
"Aw, is that what you think of your favourite dragon? Maybe I just wanted to say welcome," he said, crossing his paws as he lounged across his shoulders, tail draped over the man’s left shoulder.
"I think I know when you are after something, so you can forgo the pleasantries and get down to what you’re after" Mark replied walking to his office, with the wraith across his shoulders.
Veyron jumped down onto his desk and unfolded a piece of paper that he had been carrying with his tail. He held it in his paw while he spoke, not handing it over quite yet.
"A while back, after I saved your ass and Jack’s and all that, our lovely commander mentioned something about hiring me on for recon and scout missions. You know, on account of my scouting expertise, knack for finding things out, you get me? I took it upon myself to draft up a contract of sorts, detailing my conditions and compensation."
The little dragon reached out and offered Mark the paper confidently.
Mark took the sheet from the small dragon and read the contract, an eye brow raised as he read the terms.
"You want to be paid more than your other dragon companions? Plus you listed a fair few privileges and bonuses here" Mark said.
"It’s dangerous work and I've proven to be a pro at it. I think it's fair for my experience," said Veyron casually.
Mark begrudgingly agreed with that statement.
"Yes, however you’re asking for a gold plated contract, Torchwood pays well but you seem to want to live in Luxury compared to the other dragons, it’s a tall ask this contract request" Mark replied studying the terms that Veyron put down closely.
"Well," said the dragon, stretching casually, "I know jack has to give the final approval but you know what this place needs in terms of skill so I figured you'd be able to convince him."
Good to know that the suspicious things they found weren't anything dangerous
"So, you want to be an official scout and recon dragon infiltrator-“
"I am not sure I would use ‘want’, more like setting my terms before they’re set for me, ” Veyron interrupted.
“-Okay, so then you want bonuses and compensation, I can sign it off but I need to come back with a counter offer" Mark said looking at the contract once more.
“Sure, sure, counter offer all you like. I know what I'm worth. Remember that bet I won? I'm not one to disappoint." He said with a devilish grin.
"Which one would that be," said Mark playing dumb. Veyron didn’t mind this, it would give the wraith a chance to rub it in his face again.
"The one where I got 500 of your credits," the dragon snickered. "Spending your money is now a favourite pastime of mine, actually." He said cheekily.
"Urgh how in the world you lifted that I do not know, though Melina told me my mistakes, something I won’t do again, I doubt you could do it again," Mark countered.
"Want to learn the hard way again?" Laughed the dragon and upon seeing makes reaction he grinned. "Thought not."
"Don’t tempt me Veyron, do not tempt me, I will read this closely and come back to you with a counter offer, in the meantime while I’m running this place, good behaviour," Mark said.
"I'll do my best," said the dragon, hopping off the desk and headed towards the door, "Thanks, Marky!"
"Yeah, I be seeing you soon I'm sure" Mark said as he shook his head, knowing without Jack here Veyron could play the hero card against Mark very easily.
Veyron grinned to himself as he walked down the hall, twirling Mark’s fancy pen he’d snatched off his desk around his talons. Step one complete.
Unread May 26th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #8
Aerazura
the listener

“Where’s everyone?” asked Vonriir as he stepped into the canteen, having made his rounds and noticed that they were missing a number of their team. It was rather quiet after yesterday and he wondered where everyone had gone. Veyron looked up from his coffee from where he sat on a table.
“Jack and Ardon just left to go to Scotland to visit Jack’s family I think and the ladies have headed out to Australia.” He said absently.
The massive dragon blinked in confusion a bit before it clicked and he smiled. Zyra had managed to convince Melina to go see her family after all. That made him quite happy as he been rather sad seeing her in such a state the night before, “Oh, the little lady did manage to convince Miss Melina to go see her family after all. That is good”
“Yeah, in the weirdest damn way possible,” replied Veyron, shaking his head before taking a sip of his coffee. It had been the most bizarre experience to see the woman with white hair and unmistakably yellow eyes that belonged to the Boldwing dragoness. He had wondered how she’d done it, perhaps and element of Brathille but he would dig later, he had other things to attend to today.
“Pardon?” asked Vonriir.
“Forget it,” said Veyron with a dismissive wave of his hand.
“I wish they had told me though. I didn’t get to say goodbye,” huffed the cragback in a slightly disappointed tone. He didn’t like the abrupt way in which they had left without him knowing.
“Oh you big suck. You’re a mountain not a kicked puppy. They’ll be back,” quipped the wraith, folding a piece of paper he had been going over as Vonriir gave a disapproving snort.
“Adios, Von, see ya around,” said Veyron, hopping off the table with his tail wrapped round the paper.
“You’re leaving too?”
“Not far, I have trouble here to stir up,” said the wraith, walking out of the canteen, leaving Vonriir alone once more. Veyron made his way towards the offices when he spotted the man who he was looking for coming in from the garage. With a sly smile the little dragon sprinted forward and scurried up the man’s back and onto his shoulders without a word of warning.
Mark seemed surprised to see Veyron clamber up to his shoulde which pleased the wraith. He was small but it was always a win to startle someone. Especially one like Mark.
“Howdy,” he greeted the man.
"I've only set foot inside the facility and you’re after something" Mark replied, shaking his head lightly.
"Aw, is that what you think of your favourite dragon? Maybe I just wanted to say welcome," he said, crossing his paws as he lounged across his shoulders, tail draped over the man’s left shoulder.
"I think I know when you are after something, so you can forgo the pleasantries and get down to what you’re after" Mark replied walking to his office, with the wraith across his shoulders.
Veyron jumped down onto his desk and unfolded a piece of paper that he had been carrying with his tail. He held it in his paw while he spoke, not handing it over quite yet.
"A while back, after I saved your ass and Jack’s and all that, our lovely commander mentioned something about hiring me on for recon and scout missions. You know, on account of my scouting expertise, knack for finding things out, you get me? I took it upon myself to draft up a contract of sorts, detailing my conditions and compensation."
The little dragon reached out and offered Mark the paper confidently.
Mark took the sheet from the small dragon and read the contract, an eye brow raised as he read the terms.
"You want to be paid more than your other dragon companions? Plus you listed a fair few privileges and bonuses here" Mark said.
"It’s dangerous work and I've proven to be a pro at it. I think it's fair for my experience," said Veyron casually.
Mark begrudgingly agreed with that statement.
"Yes, however you’re asking for a gold plated contract, Torchwood pays well but you seem to want to live in Luxury compared to the other dragons, it’s a tall ask this contract request" Mark replied studying the terms that Veyron put down closely.
"Well," said the dragon, stretching casually, "I know jack has to give the final approval but you know what this place needs in terms of skill so I figured you'd be able to convince him."
Good to know that the suspicious things they found weren't anything dangerous
"So, you want to be an official scout and recon dragon infiltrator-“
"I am not sure I would use ‘want’, more like setting my terms before they’re set for me, ” Veyron interrupted.
“-Okay, so then you want bonuses and compensation, I can sign it off but I need to come back with a counter offer" Mark said looking at the contract once more.
“Sure, sure, counter offer all you like. I know what I'm worth. Remember that bet I won? I'm not one to disappoint." He said with a devilish grin.
"Which one would that be," said Mark playing dumb. Veyron didn’t mind this, it would give the wraith a chance to rub it in his face again.
"The one where I got 500 of your credits," the dragon snickered. "Spending your money is now a favourite pastime of mine, actually." He said cheekily.
"Urgh how in the world you lifted that I do not know, though Melina told me my mistakes, something I won’t do again, I doubt you could do it again," Mark countered.
"Want to learn the hard way again?" Laughed the dragon and upon seeing makes reaction he grinned. "Thought not."
"Don’t tempt me Veyron, do not tempt me, I will read this closely and come back to you with a counter offer, in the meantime while I’m running this place, good behaviour," Mark said.
"I'll do my best," said the dragon, hopping off the desk and headed towards the door, "Thanks, Marky!"
"Yeah, I be seeing you soon I'm sure" Mark said as he shook his head, knowing without Jack here Veyron could play the hero card against Mark very easily.
Veyron grinned to himself as he walked down the hall, twirling Mark’s fancy pen he’d snatched off his desk around his talons. Step one complete.
Unread May 29th, 2017, 12:37 PM   #9
IapetusCas
Black & White

Zyra experienced her first take off on the new aircraft, it must have been an unusual experience for her but Melina held Zyra’s hand giving it a reassuring squeeze as they finally took off and were now underway.
The plane got to its cruising altitude of 50,000 feet as the planet levelled off and the two girls began their journey to Australia.
Melina and Zyra chatted about where Melina’s parents were living on the gold coast of Australia, Melina explained to Zyra that her mother had returned to Australia with her dad when she was studying in university.
She told the story of how they all moved there and her sisters and brother also joined them while Melina stayed to do her studies in the UK, she explained to Zyra that it was a difficult decision but her parents wanted her to do well and achieve her aspirations in becoming a doctor.
Soon meals were served and they were treated to an absolutely amazing meal, the food was well presented and it made Melina grin as the steward poured the girls some sparkling champagne as compliments.
The girls chatted and were given food and nibbles, the flight itself was smooth, there was some turbulence which Melina explained as Zyra seemed uneasy but Melina reassured her all was fine.
Soon the lights dimmed as they were crossing time zones into night.
Zyra had decided to nap as the effects of her transformation were still lingering, the seat reclined and made a very comfortable bed as Zyra slept soundly.
Melina after reading her book decided to venture up to the observation deck, the plane had a lattice like design with windows which reacted to day light, as it was night and the plane was at 55,000 feet they had hit an area of calmer air as the plane seemed to glide in the night sky.
Melina looked up at the stars that twinkled in the sky, Melina smiled to herself, in awe of what she was seeing, she checked how long it would be before they landed.
Another 2 and a half hours and they be landing at the gold coast where Melina’s family would meet them, Melina felt a bit nervous having not seen her parents and siblings for so long, too focused on her work and concerned how to explain the bond to them with Zyra.
Melina stared up at the stars as she thought about what to say when they landed.
"Hey Mel," said Zyra, finding her in the observation deck. "Nearly there I think."
Melina snapped out of her daze and saw Zyra had joined her, she quickly looked and saw she was the only one here on the deck, all the other passengers trying to get an hour or two before the plane landed.
"Another 2 hours or so, you fell asleep after our big lunch, so thought I wander here to see the stars" Melina said.
"Yeah, sorry." Apologized Zyra, "I get pretty tired after changing forms it seems. Nice night to stargaze though."
Melina agreed, flying this high made the stars clearer as the plane shook lightly from some turbulence but then carried on.
Melina smiled lightly at Zyra.
"It is yes, these new planes are pretty cool, we be landing in the night, be much cooler, parents are meeting me at the airport.
"I’m excited for you," smiled Zyra kindly, "Do you know what you're going to tell them of your time since you became a hermit?" She teased, "because I can guess that they will ask."
Melina paused for a moment to think of her reply before she responded back.
"I just say I been busy with research projects and finally escaped my captors, to come see them, brought along a feisty young girl with me too" Melina teased nudging Zyra's shoulder.
Zyra laughed lightly, "alright. Sounds like you've got it covered."
"I think so, I warn you, they are a mad bunch, Mum is Australian and Dad is British, so I kept the accent, which then you seemed to of inherited" Melina chuckled.
Zyra smiled, "well, kind of hard not to hanging around you nearly every day for years on end."
Melina chuckled lightly at that comment.
"Yes seems our dragons all have different accents, Ardon sounds American English, Vonriir is British gentlemen" Melina replied.
"Which is weird, don't you think?" he came from Kilara sounding like that," Zyra wondered aloud. "Veyron, I can understand sounding American seeing as he lived there for 15 or so years, but Von is a mystery."
Melina nodded in agreement, it was odd that Vonriir had a UK accent while on Kilara dragons did not have one, then again Vonriir was a big softie, he did not care who told him so, he was a content giant of dragons.
"Hrmm you make a good point Zy, I think we should grab a drink before we land at the bar" Melina replied smiling.
"I think I've had enough," laughed Zyra, "You can go for it though."
“We best sit back down, we be landing soon so we can catch up on reading and the films, then we can see what happens then” Melina said as the two girls returned to their seats in first class.
Before they knew it, they landed at Brisbane International Airport and soon got off the plane, having a long travel, Melina sent Jack and Baxter a message to say they had landed safely and were going through Immigration.
Melina and Zyra got through after a few pressing questions from immigration but they were soon through and collecting their luggage from the collection points.
This was the time that melina was getting butterflies in her stomach, it was going to be a big reunion, she had not seen her mum in ages and now here she was, she felt Zyra squeeze her hand as Melina turned and smiled.
Taking a deep breath she left to go into the arrivals lounge, Melina’s soon spotted the gang, sat down waiting, her sisters, mother and her father.
Ellis, Larissa, Emilie and her parents Suzanne and Allan, Melina seemed to be a little worried as she saw them all there waiting, her mother had the same curly hair that Melina had only a bright blonde, hair tied in a ponytail, she still looked amazing for her age, looking well and tanned for Australia’s sun.
Her father had a few more white hairs mixed with his black hair, looking like a bit of a silver fox, he was a tall man and stickily built but dressed smartly in a shirt and trousers.
Then her mad sisters, Emilie, short brown hair, slim build and wore the most make up, no changes there, Larissa her red headed sister and the adventurer, looking well wearing sporty three quarters, sprinting trainers and a loose-fitting shirt and Ellis, hair tied back and platted, wearing blue tinted rimmed glasses and texting on her phone.
Soon her mother looked up and her hazel eyes widened as she stood up, her sister looked ot see Melina approached, pulling her suitcase and rucksack, Zyra seemed to hold back as Melina moved forward.
Suzanne gripped Allan’s hand as they stood up and approached, slowly at first but soon they picked up the pace and then the Goodwin family seemed to erupt forth as the family embraced, as Melina was taken in her mother arms with a big hug, surrounded by her sisters and father as they stood in the lounge hugging tightly.
Melina closed her eyes, trying not to cry but her mother had already started, her sisters were also trying not to cry in happiness at seeing their lost daughter finally after all this time.
“Oh my Melina….I’m so glad you could come, my clever girl you finally come home!” Suzanne said, her eyes teary as she hugged Melina again.
The professor had forgotten her mother had a firm grip and hugs were always more like bear hugs than normal hugs.
Zyra hung back, smiling from ear to ear. The joy from the group was palpable and made her heart soar. She was so happy on Melina's behalf.
Soon after the hug Melina hugged her father who kissed Mel on the forehead.
“Welcome home my gem, It’s been too long” Allan said as Melina nodded lightly, she soon felt Zyra’s happiness and took her mother’s hand and led her over to the white haired woman who had waited so patiently.

"Mum, this is a close friend of mine who works with me, meet Zyra, Zyra this is my mum Suzanne" Melina introduced her to Zy.
"Its a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Goodwin," replied Zyra with a smile, extending her hand to shake.
Suzanne looked at Melina then back to Zyra and grinned.
"Oh I don’t do handshakes, come here, a friend of our girl is family" Suzanne said pulling Zyra in for a big hug as Melina seemed to chuckle as Zyra was caught a little off guard as her sisters laughed.
"Oh!" said Zyra surprised but went with it, laughing lightly.
Once Zyra was let go and introduced to her father, Melina did the introductions of the family before speaking back to Zyra.
"My mother does the hugging and all" Melina said as Suzanne released Zyra.
Suzanne nodded in agreement.
"I love your hair, so fair and wow look at those eyes, it's amazing what contact lenses can do these days" she said as Melina nodded lightly smiling.
"Yeah, thanks. I hope it's alright Melina brought me along. I've never been to Australia," said Zyra.
"Of course! the more the merrier, now come on. let's get you home, both of you had a long flight" Suzanne said as Emilie and Larissa then gave Zyra a group hug along with Melina.
"Your a Goodwin now Zyra!" laughed Larissa.
"Oh no," joked Zyra, "is that a good thing?"
The girls laughed.
"Of course, it is silly, come on!" Larissa said grabbing Zyra by the hand as Melina laughed.
"I warned you Zy" Melina replied as she followed close by with Emilie being behind her.
The white haired girl smiled, forgetting momentarily about the phantom pains she was dealing with, simply happy to have been welcomed so warmly to Melina's family group.
The girls helped Zyra and Melina with their luggage as they made their way out of the airport and towards where the car was parked in the large multi storey nearby.
"I'm glad you been keeping Melina company, she mentioned a Zyra to us in her emails, glad you been keeping her sanity" Larissa said to Zyra as they approached the car.
"That’s what friends are for," replied Zyra.
"Good girl, let’s get home and you can tell us all about our lost daughter who has come home" Emilie said to Zyra as everyone got into the car.
The car itself was a large people carrier, perfect for the large family.
“Your father picked the right company car this month, hearing you were coming along with your sisters, we had to get something roomier” Suzanne said as Melina nodded as she sat inside, she turned and spoke to Zyra softly as everyone piled into the car.
"You ok Zy?" Melina asked quietly.
"Yeah, your family is so nice," beamed Zyra.
"Wait till we get home, your part of my mad family now Zy" Melina said laughing.
"Good. I’ve always wanted to be!" Smiled the girl, never having had a big family experience.
Melina smiled and spoke to Suzanne.
“Where is Jason?” she asked.
“That lazy so and so is in bed, he flew inh yesterday and he just lazed about, hes only in Adelaide, lazy bones” she said shaking her head.
“No change there then” Emilie said as the girls laughed, Suzanne looked at Allan and smiled, their family, together again.
As Allan drove the large people carrier home the girls were chatting, laughter filled the car as the parents joined in, Melina laughed lightly at her sisters craziness as Zyra was now part of the madness.
“Hope your looking forward to staying with us Zy, your going to be part of the madness” Larissa said.
"Well I look forward to experiencing the madness first hand instead of just hearing stories," said Zyra.
"Oh you have no idea what your letting yourself in for, you warned her didn’t you Melina?" Emilie said grinning.
"I've been warned and don't worry, I'm prepared," laughed Zyra.
“Be another hour or so to get home, so just chill and relax” Suzanne said as the girls continuing talking, happy their sister and their new-found friend Zyra was with them, not at all aware the white haired woman was in fact a dragon.

While Melina and Zyra enjoyed landing, and meeting up with the family, Hitteki had been left with a few work books to practice and enhance her learning, reading and writing was an important skill for any prospective guardians and Zyra had devised some workbooks for Hitteki it to go over.
The green forest Syrian now sat in the dragon hanger practicing writing on a large A1 book with an extra-large pencil, practicing her letters.
However, she would get an unwanted visitor to the dragon hanger and ruin the peace she was enjoying.
"Hey fuzz face, whatcha doing?" Asked Veyron, sauntering into the hanger.
“Oh god no, not that pain the ass wraith” though Hitteki but kept her cool as she looked up at the cocky dragon approaching.
"Oh...it's you, I wondered why I needed to open the hanger doors, to fit your ego in here" Hitteki replied.
"Hah," said Veyron drying looking at what the dragoness was working on.
"Your R's are looking a little wonky."
Hitteki fought the urge to roll her eyes or shake her head in disgust for this dragon.
"I Didn’t ask for your opinion, I'm learning from guardian Zyra notes, trying to do it without help" the female said.
"Well pardon me if I noticed you struggling," said Veyron, suddenly clambering up to her horns to survey the rest of what she was working on.
Hitteki scales raised up as the small dragon clambered up her scales and onto her head, she resisted the urge to shake her head, the dragon got on her nerves and Veyron knew this.
"Do you mind, rather not have a wraith gazing down upon me, you might steal the letters" Hitteki replied in a annoyed tone of voice.
"You really are a bitter thing aren't you?" Veyron cooed to annoy her. "Your new facility scout and recon wraith might just want to help."
Hitteki snorted in amusement.
"Oh yeah? What's your job title..cat burglar" Hitteki chuckled, knowing about the situation involving his newly acquired pet.
Veyron rolled his eyes, "Alright, you fuzzy freeloader. What have you done to benefit the facility then, hm?"
Hittki seemed insulted that the small wraith was questioning her worthiness to the guardian project, when she was putting her all into making it a success.
"I have done more good and honourable things for the facility than you ever done for anyone...wraiths have no honour or courage" Hitteki said with a light growl.
"What would you call helping torchwood from complete annihilation even after I was called a traitor and a spy and run out, oh! And not only that but saved both Mark and our great and glorious leader Mr Harkness from certain death. Is that courageous and honourable enough for you?" He retorted.
Hitteki went silent for a moment or two.
That was pretty honourable and very respectful…for a wraith.
"Yeah?, I had heard a rumour you used yourself to stop Jack falling" Hitteki’s tone was softer.
"That rumour is true," replied Veyron, picking something out of his teeth.
Hitteki was once more quiet, contemplating Jack and his size compared to the wraith, he was indeed a big well-built guy so for Veyron to hold him was something worth respecting.
"That must have been painful, very brave and noble of you " Hitteki replied.
"Glad you've changed your mind," said the wraith, looking down at her from atop her head.
Zyra snorted, at the dragon’s attitude.
"charming, well that's all the respect you get from me Veyron....I thought you would break apart holding Jack" the Syrian commented.
"Nearly did, wraiths are built like steel," he grinned
"Your also good liars, then again your stubborn, you wouldn't of let him go" Hitteki said with a small smile.
"No, can't get paid if the boss is dead... or if I was dead for that matter, seeing as Ardon would have had his teeth through me if I let jack die," he said with a grimace.
Hitteki could just imagine Ardon’s reaction, they were both very close and it even made Hitteki pull a face, shuddering lightly from the thought.
"Yes I can imagine, I assume Jack is a heavy guy...well for a dragon like yourself" Hitteki replied.
"Wasn't that bad," he lied.
"Was it really?" Hitteki said giving a questioning look.
"Nah," said the wraith with a wave of his paw. "I knew I had him in the end."
"I see, well I best continue my work and try and get through this workbook before guardian Zyra returns" Hitteki said.
"I'm sure you'll figure it out, Fuzz," says Veyron, patting her head before jumping to the floor.
"Best of luck." He grinned.
Hitteki shook her head lightly as she looked back at the grinning wraith before her.
"I guess I see you around Veyron..." Hitteki sighed as she focused on her book.
Veyron have a half-hearted wave as he whistled a tune while he sauntered out of the hanger.
Hitteki watched as he left the dragon hanger in a confident and cocky attitude, it was something she really disliked and her bad experience with wraith’s made her dislike him even more.
“Cocky sod” Hitteki said, overhearing Mark say it to the wraith, it seemed an apt insult as she continued with her book.

Later on in the evening Hitteki made her way down to the canteen, it was quiet with very little activity, she went over to the large TV and spoke to the computer.
“Computer, can you play some sport..rugby union, with analysis provided please” Hitteki said as the TV powered on, “Confirmed channel 25, Wasps Vs Leicester Tigers, English Premiership final” the computer said as Hitteki settled to watch it.
She enjoyed the game and read up the rules, sport and competition like this fascinated the Syrian and she seemed to observe the game eagerly, not noticing anything going on around her.
Vonriir plodded into the canteen and spotted Hitteki.
"Evening, miss Hitteki. Sports is it? I didn't bring my glasses with me," he asked, squinting at the television.
Hitteki nodded to the crag backs question.
"Yes, I find it fascinating, some of the human males were watching it the other day, I think I've worked out how to play it" Hitteki replied.
"Ah, seems a little complicated to me," noted Vonriir, sitting down beside her.
"Well all I need to do for dragon Rugby is pass you the ball and you power through" Hitteki smiled.
"Ah. Perhaps the next time all the younger dragons get together you could have a game," suggested the large dragon. "You all do seem to enjoy sky ball."
Hitteki nodded, it was a very fun game and she had enjoyed it immensely as they played with the Torchwood 7 lot.
"We have to bring Forge in on the game Von, none of us could stop you" Hitteki chuckled.
The crag back chuckled, "I think my involvement would be considered cheating, young miss. Besides, Forge isn't one who partakes in anything considered 'fun'."
2True but he has important duties to attend to” Hitteki said till her eyes were drawn to the screen as a player broke away and ran towards the try line, Hitteki seemed passionate about it and was excited as the player dodged the tackles.
“Go on!” she said jumping to her feet and thumped the floor with her fist.
“YES!” she said making Vonriir laugh, even though she wasn’t supporting either team, the rush of watching it got her excited for the game, “That was amazing” she said as Vonriir continued to chuckle at the Syrians enthusiasm.
Unread May 30th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #10
Aerazura
the listener

Ardon angled his wings, instinct taking them back over mountains, lochs and valleys as they headed towards the Harkness holiday home. At first he was amped and eager to leave the facility but as the hours passed the dragon drew more and more quiet. The idea and planning of setting out to the holiday house had absorbed much of Ardon’s mind but now in the quiet let other things creep up. Jack seemed to notice as Ardon grew silent.
"Why the long face Ardy, we are going to my mums and you be spoilt rotten" he said.
"I know," replied in a mumbled Ardon as he flew on. "It's nothing."
Jack knew the reason but did not raise the issue much to the dragon’s relief.
"Be fun, sun and by the beach, be great, plus the Ice cream man will be there" Jack replied with a kind smile.
"Hm, do you think they'll still have that rocky road stuff? That was good," said the dragon, lightening up a bit, turning around to look at him.
Jack grinned, “Depends if you can do a double loop de loop and a corkscrew" Jack said tightening his grip on the saddle.
Ardon didn’t hesitate, launching into a daring set of aerial maneuvers, completing the suggested loops but throwing himself immediately into a steep ascent before diving, spiraling around at a breakneck pace before leveling off.
“Ice cream for me,” he panted, “You’re paying, by the way.”
"You’re getting a pro of the skies young Ardon, getting a skilled and technical flyer," Jack replied, pleased with Ardons skill.
The dragon smiled, always happy to impress Jack. To add some excitement to their long journey the dragon would spiral or vault through the air. They stopped for a break and for Jack to stretch his legs before journeying on. They passed through beautiful scenery, flying over cities, small towns and stretches of farmland as they made their way north. Soon he could smell the salt of the sea air and he knew they were getting close. The home was set on the eastern coast in a small town called Keiss. Quiet and close to the beach, it was a perfect spot for a place to get away from the business of daily life.
"There it is, the holiday house, looking revamped" said Jack with a grin. Ardon looked to his left and spotted the familiar home. A large barn that had been converted and modernized into a home now served as a holiday retreat for Jack’s family. The main living area consisted of the barn with an attached farmhouse that held the kitchen and bedrooms. A beautiful covered veranda wrapped around the home, flowers adding a bright border in the garden around. Ardon began to angle his wings and bring them closer to the ground. As they descended a woman came out onto the porch.
“Mum!” called Ardon, swooping in to land lightly on the grassy lawn. He added a bit of unnecessary flourish to his return to earth, showing off as he grinned, hearts delighted at seeing Aileen. He trotted up to the deck and lowered his head to her. As Jack dismounted to greet his mother, the gold dragon fanned his wings, blocking him as he ducked his head, nuzzling the woman affectionately in greeting like some overgrown pup, thrumming all the while he danced from paw to paw in his excitement.
"Oh Ardon give over" Jack said as Aileen gave him a kiss on his snout. Ardon licked in her cheek in return before backing off to let Jack greet his mother.
"Hey there Mum, hope you haven’t missed us too much,” Jack said laughing as Aileen smiling lightly.
"Aye, troouble comes in twoo I see" she replied.
The dragon closed his tired wings with a slight sigh of relief, possibly played up because he stood before Aileen, aiming for a little sympathy, though he was quite tired from the 7 hour flight.
"Ahh the wee lad is hungry, yooou all in time for steew," She said, patting his nose.
"Oh good," grinned Ardon, a sucker for the woman’s cooking, "Who is all here?" He asked, trotting after her and helping her open the large barn door for him.
"Me and grumpy, your brother and nephew will be here tomorrow Jack " Aileen said.
Ardon and Jack stepped through the doors into the home, spotting Daryl sitting in one of the comfy chairs in the den.
Jack greeted his father with a hug and he greeted Ardon with a pet on his muzzle. “Hi, Pops,” smiled the golden male.
"Getting bigger Ardon, looking very..ummmmm dragon like" Jacks dad said making Jack laughed. The man was never one with words when it came to the dragon.
"Well I'm glad I'm not looking goat-like or pigeon-like. That would be concerning," laughed Ardon. "How have you been?"
"We been fine, keeping busy and living the simple life, me and your mother wanted to come here, since it's big enough to fit you in" he said to the gold.
“Thank you,” said the dragon in appreciation, knowing it did take a lot of work to accommodate someone of his stature.
"Lads make ya self at hoome, Stew be another 20 minutes or so..ya twoo lads want tatties?" asked Aileen. "Please" Jack said.
“Me too if that’s okay,” said Ardon as he laid down on the wide area set aside for him. Much of the furniture had been moved to other areas of the house and barn to accommodate the golden dragon. A creature as large as he often had a tough time maneuvering in smaller spaces especially when loaded with breakable things.
The dragon hummed as he breathed in, taking in the welcoming scent of homecooked food in the kitchen. He couldn’t wait to dig in but would do his best to be a polite creature while with Jack’s family.
Unread May 31st, 2017, 12:34 PM   #11
IapetusCas
Black & White

Melina and her family made it back home, the family lived in a very large house overlooking Teviot brook, a large lake that stretched for miles in Wyaralong which was away from the gold coast and Brisbane where Melina and Zyra landed.
The house was beautifully situated and was quite large, with plenty of adjacent buildings which were used to grow plants, store animals for food, Melina had not really seen the house in years and could tell her father had added to the land that was there’s.
The house lights automatically came on, along with the porch lights as Allan drove the car to its usual spot, Melina could see a line of cars parked on the dried grass, belonging to her sisters and brother.
“Mine is the flashy one” Larissa said as the girls all mock grumbled as there was giggles and laughs from the car, her mother shook her head.
“Automatic still Larissa?” Melina asked coyly.
“Yes, I suck at Manual” Larissa said.
Allan seemed to find the comment amusing.
“Yes, my poor little Toyota, mucked up the gears like anything” he said as Melina chuckled lightly.
“Dad!” Larissa said as the girls laughed in amusement.
“Well, we needed another one anyways, now girls help Melina and Zyra with their bags, they are in the spare room in the back” Suzanne said as everyone piled out of the car.
"Thanks for the help, ladies," smiled Zyra as she followed the group in.
“Don’t worry about it, just wish our lazy brother was up to help out” Ellis said as Larissa chuckled lightly.
“Heavy sleeper that one” Emilie replied.
"Boys tend to be, don't they?" Said Zyra with a light laugh.
“We can get him tommorow morning, he does work long hours so I guess we can let him off the hook..for now” Larissa replied making the girls laugh as Suzanne opened the door.
Inside the house the air conditioning was on as despite it being cooler in the night, the temperatures would rise being the time of year they were visiting, Melina had to smile seeing the house had been re done and more tech had entered the Goodwin household.
The girls were led to a room down the large upstairs landing, Melina’s sisters helping with the bags, when Melina opened the door she looked around in surprise.
Two large single beds with towels put on the beds along with toothbrush, toothpaste and other little bits, making it feel like a B&B.
However, the girls had made a banner and hung from the ceiling which read in big bold red letters, “Welcome home Mel and Zy”.
“We went a little overboard, when mum said you were coming, we did the room all nice for you” Emilie said as Melina smiled kindly.
“Its wonderful thank you” Melina replied, taking in the sights, noticing flowers put on a table in the corner and the standard jug with water inside and two glasses.
“We let you get settled then come on downstairs” Emil said as Melina nodded, the door closing behind them as Melina took in the room, she remembered this was her father’s study, now it was a spare room, all painted and decorated.
"This is so cute. Obviously, they've missed you." She said, turning to Melina.
Melina nodded lightly.
“Yes, yes they did, they welcomed you in with open arms as well, makes me happy” Melina said with honesty in her voice.
"Same here. I was a little worried I might feel like a tag-along but I feel like that would be impossible now."
Melina smiled.
“They welcome you in, it’s the Goodwin family way, though I was a bit worried with Mum’s hugging nature but she’s always been like that, a supreme honour” Melina laughed lightly as she opened her suitcase.
"Well, I'm just glad they like me so far," replied Zyra.
Melina nodded lightly in response.
“We best get settled and then head on down, dad’s got the air conditioning on so should be cool tonight, we are in the height of summer, so you be right at home here” Melina said grinning.
"Good. I live for the heat... I think. Not sure when I'm in this state," she laughed lightly, gesturing to herself.
Melina looked over to Zyra and nodded.
“I am sure you be fine, but do put on sun tan lotion on just to be safe, anyways important decision, which bed you want” Melina smiled.
"Doesn't matter to me. Um, that one," she said pointing to one of the two.
Melina smiled.
“Ok bed number two” Melina laughed lightly, “Knowing mum she will of washed these in fabric softener” Melina said as she felt the pillows and bed sheets, they were incredibly soft and scented.
Once the girls had unpacked a few bits out of their suitcases they came downstairs as the whole family sat round a large circular table, greeting the girls as Suzanne and Larissa were in the large kitchen cooking up some quick nibbles for them all.
Jason had graced them with his presence as he gave Melina a hug as Mel gave him a noogie on his head as the girls laughed at Mel’s antics.
“You always had short haircuts Jason, just too tempting” Melina said with a mischievous grin.
“Charming, last time I get up for your visit” he said, noticing Zyra.
“This is my close friend where I work, Zyra, Zyra this is Jason my only brother” Melina said as Jason shook her hand.
“You joined the mad house then” he said with a kind smile.
"It appears that I have. It's good to meet you, Jason." Smiled the girl.

Soon food was ready and the chatter began with Suzanne seemingly happy, the smile on her face showed she was happy that the family was together as they chatted and laughed as she served up the food, Allan helping.
“Hey Zyra, what did you want to drink?, we got pop, council pop, alcoholic drink, cider, beer” Emilie asked getting everyone drinks.
"Just water for me, thanks," answered Zyra.
As the evening went on, there was laughter and teasing as the conversation flowed freely among the girls, even Jason landing some teasing comments, it was clear Suzanne and Allan were enjoying having the kids at home.
Zyra leaned back and took in the scene with a small smile on her face, so happy to see Melina with her family, engaging them in a carefree way that the dragoness rarely ever saw. It made her brim with joy for her Attilu.
Once the gathering had gone and the siblings had said their good nights Suzanne sat next to Zyra and smiled as Melina went to go get a top up of water.
“I’m glad my daughter has you looking out for her, she’s so far away from home and works hard I know now she’s a professor” Suzanne said to the woman.
"She certainly is a hard worker. You have a talented daughter, Mrs Goodwin. You should be quite proud. I know I am as a friend," she said kindly.
Suzanne smiled.
“Please, its Suzanne or mum, either or Zyra” she replied.
"Alright, Suzanne. " replied Zyra with a smile.
The girls talked for another hour or so before it was time for bed, at least in Australian time, Melian and Zyra went back to their room and got ready for bed, Melina seemed more carefree and happy being home with her parents and seeing her family again.
"I really like your family, Mel. They seem like grey people," said Zyra as she sat down on her bed.
Melina turned and smiled as she put her book down by her bed side.
“Not overwhelmed by the craziness then?, my sisters are mad and when we are together, well you saw what happens we turn into giggling idiots” Melina said chuckling lightly.
"I look forward to it," Zyra said with a genuine smile
“We shall see, how you finding it so far, not too overwhelmed?” Melina asked as she got into bed.
"No, your family is great. I've been busy enough not to worry too much about being human. It's the quiet parts of the day, and at night that are harder," she admitted.
Melina got out of bed and sat with the white-haired woman on her bed and put her hand on Zyra’s and smiled lightly.
“I know it is hard Zy, I am appreciative you doing all of this, its only for a few weeks and we will get you back to being a dragoness again, the girls really like you” Melina said.
"I’m glad they do, They seem like a fun group. I can't wait to get to know them," smiled Zyra.
“Until tomorrow then, sleep well my brave dragoness” Melina said giving Zy a kiss on the forehead as she went back to her own bed and settled in.
Melina soon dozed off to sleep, tired from the travelling as their Australian adventure was about to begin.
Unread Jun 1st, 2017, 12:55 PM   #12
Aerazura
the listener

Hitteki entered the lounge and decided to watch a bit of TV, seeing as no one was here she decided to watch the sport again. The dragoness stepped over one of the man y blankets that had been left on the floor for the dragons and laid down upon it.
Expletives exploded from under the section of blanket she had settled on and suddenly needle sharp teeth met the back of her forearm through the fabric.
"What the!" Hitteki said jumping back, wondering what the heck was lurking under the blanket, wresting the fang free. There was a light thump as something fell to the floor.
A very disgruntled wraith staggered out of the blankets in a very ungraceful fashion, cursing colourfully at the still unknown assailant. "Oh, it was you, Fuzzface!" His growl came out slightly slurred. Evidentlly Veyron had celebrated the first night in a base without the commander or his ever watchful doctor in a liquid fashion, the effects still haven’t quite worn off.
As habit for wraiths, being small creatures prone to larger, dangerous predators, he often sought out hideaway places to sleep. Defensive measures that instinct drove him to, even more so when he had something to drink. The dragon had been known to end up in all sorts of strange, tucked away places since his return.
"Veyron! What the hell...have you been drinking again!" Hitteki said in a disgruntled tone of voice.
“None of your business," he said, standing on his hind legs. "YOU should freaking watch where your park your tail. Coulda killed me," he glowered, rubbing his forehead with a groan.
"You, shouldn’t be dozing off here, there and everywhere, be thankful I was a dragon not a human, you would of injured them and been in serious trouble," Hitteki replied, unimpressed with the drunken wraith. Veyron rolled his eyes, not caring who it would have been, just extra ruffled that it had been Hitteki.
"It would teach whoever where to look where they're sitting," he grumbled, using a paw to smooth out his ruff that had been ruffled during his flailing attempt to get out from underneath the blanket.
"I'd head for your quarters Veyron and stop causing trouble" Hitteki said.
The wraith paused, glowering up at her, "You trying to threaten me, fuzz?" He asked her, his own dare coming through his words.
"Carry on like that and I do much worse than threaten you," Hitteki said frowning at the wraith before her.
Veyron let out a barking laugh, unbelieving that she’d do anything, “Sure, kiddo.”
Hitteki had decided enough was enough; she quickly grabbed the cocky wraith by the tail and carried him towards his quarters dangling upside down.
"What the hell are you playing at, woman!" He spat, trying to curl back up around to claw her nose. He scratched at her snout furiously before the dragoness flipped him about with a toss of her jaws, grabbing onto his wing tips so he couldn’t reach her with his paws, teeth or tail. Hitteki carried him to his quarters and using Veyron’s paw by slapping it on the id machine she gained access. He hollered the whole way, cursing madly at her but the dragoness did not seem to care. No one seemed to be around to come to his aid either.
He snarled savagely as she paraded him through his room towards the bathroom.
“What the **** do you think you’re doing. Let me go you **** for brains,” cursed Veyron.
"Your need sobering up....still or sparkling," She asked as a mischievous smile crossed her face. She flipped him around again, grabbing the wraith by the tail in her paws.
“Put me the **** down, Hitteki! Or you’ll be sorry!” Snapped Veyron as he swung by his tail.
Hitteki carried the wraith into the dragon adapted toilets as she spoke.
"So Wraith, still or sparkling?"
"Don't you ****ing dare," spat the dragon furiously.
"Hrmm, sparkling it is," Hitteki said plunging the wraith into the water and pushing the button which caused fresh water to enter as Veyron was submerged under. The little dragon writhed and thrashed madly, not having enough time to hold his breath. His wings flailed about but to no avail.
Hitteki lifted the wet and angry wraith out the water. He coughed heavily, having inhaled water, his scales sopping wet.
"How are we feeling?" Hitteki said keeping a grip on Veyron so he couldn’t reach her.
"You are going to regret that," Veyron sputtered.
"Not convinced," Hitteki said dunking him back into the water and activating the flush. Veyron had just enough time to take a quick breath, not that it helped much. She let go just long enough for him to flounder out of the water, grabbing onto the ledge, chest heaving for air.
"Stop!" Veyron managed to get out some words as she reached to grab him again.
Hitteki lifted him up but then shook him viciously, "Just drying you off" Hitteki replied, shaking the water off his charcoal scales. The wraith let out a pained yelp.
When the dragoness stopped Veyron was curled up defensively, trying not to be thrashed to a pulp by the aggressiveness the dragoness displayed.

"Put me the hell down." He said after a moment, slow and seething with anger he was trying to contain.

"You forgot to say please" Hitteki said.
This made the wraith prickle even more with outrage. Fury roared inside him but he knew that he couldn’t fight fire with fire… not here while she had the advantage.
Veyron growled something that sounded vaguely like the word please after a moment.
"There, I thought you wraiths had some manners" Hitteki said dropping him from height as she watched him hit the floor with a thunk. Veyron winced, struggling to get to his feet after such an event.
"There, all sobered up now, have a towel to dry off" Hitteki said chucking a large towel at the wraith, which knocked him over.
Veyron managed to get to his feet, hunched over with his tail curled around him. The sarcastic little dragon had finally been done in by someone unmoved by him or his attitude. "Get out." He said but when she did not move he snarled baring his teeth savagely, "Get. Out!"
Hitteki smirked as she left the wraith in his quarters, feeling like she had made a point.
The wraith heard the door close behind her. His pride and ego were gravely wounded. Veyron had never had to deal with the consequences of his manner in such a fashion before and it had grounded him completely in that moment. However, in his damp and undignified state, the gears of revenge were already beginning to turn.
Unread Jun 3rd, 2017, 09:00 AM   #13
IapetusCas
Black & White

Jack had gotten up early to walk along the coast, he had always enjoyed an early morning walk along this stretch of coast line before everyone else was up, he had tried to go out on his own but as usual his golden companion accompanied him on his little walk.
Once Ardon had been let out of the doors the two of them walked along the path, admiring the views and enjoying the fresh sea breeze.
The golden dragon walked beside the man, stretching his wings out, arching his neck before folding them back into place. "I like being up here, it's nice."
Jack smiled.
“Yes I do enjoy walking along the coast, do enjoy that my parents got this place so we can walk along the coast, also keeps us in a quiet place, away from media attention” Jack replied to the gold.
"Could you picture yourself living in a place like this, one day?" asked Ardon. "Like, all the time, not just vacations?"
Jack gave Ardon a puzzled look, wondering what he was leading this conversation to.
“Why do you ask that?” he queried.
"Well," admitted Ardon. "I love the base, its our home, but... it's not exactly the norm for humans I guess, to live where they work, right?"
Jack nodded in agreement to Ardon’s comments.
“It isn’t but then again our situation isn’t the norm either Ardy, to be honest we are safer there than out here, however that isn’t to say we could purchase a holiday home, just us so if you do want to get away, we can” Jack offered.
A smile crept across the dragon's face, "Sorry, just thought about being the first dragon who owned an actual home. Seems funny... but maybe, one day that would be nice. Somewhere like this. Quiet and open. Or..." he said with a grin, "We could just keep visiting your parents. I do like your mum's cooking."
Jack laughed lightly.
“Oh Ardon, we got time on our side, plus a home would need to be adapted to store you in, you are getting bigger and will continue to do so, as for my mum’s cooking well you know she cook for you happily” Jack replied.
Ardon thrummed, "I really like your family. We should visit more often. And I mean for more than just the cooking." he said with a spring in his step as he trotted alongside Jack.
Jack felt the dragon’s happiness, it was comforting that Ardon loved his family as if it was his own on Kilara, it was always a pleasure to go up to visit Daryll and Aileen, though Ardon too big for their house now.
“I doubt my parents will move from that old house, sadly your too big for you now, but maybe we can visit here more” Jack suggested.
"I don't mind sleeping in the back garden if you want to visit more often," offered Ardon. "But any opportunity to visit would be nice."
Jack smiled lightly at Ardon offering to sleep in the garden.
“You know mum would never allow that, she won’t allow that, least this afternoon will be busy, as my brother and nephew are coming up” Jack said to the golden dragon as they continued walking down the coastal path.
"Great. I look forward to it," said the dragon.
“Yes, I know he like to show me what he’s been up to and you be on nephew duty, I am sure he be pleased to see you and explore the beaches again with your assistance” Jack commented.
"I'd gladly be his chaperone," smiled Ardon. "More fun than my boring Attilu," he joked, shoving Jack gently with his nose.
Jack laughed lightly pushing the golden dragon’s muzzle away from him.
“Give over, I am fun, I think a walk along the beach will be good, come on I travel by air, its quicker” Jack grinned.
"Up then," grinned the dragon but instead of crouching he jumped away when the man approached, trying to entice Jack into his game of keep away.
Jack crossed his arms together seemingly unimpressed with the dragon’s little antics.
“Don’t make me kick your rump in Scotland Golden boy, or there be lost pride on your side dragon” Jack said in a warning but his golden eyes shimmered with the dare to his dragon.
"You're no fun," said Ardon with a mischievous smile. He nudged Jack again, ready to spring away.
Brathille Ignited in Jack as his golden eyes seemed to shimmer lightly as the man felt his palm get warm, he quickly tackled the dragon to the ground, the attack came as a surprise to the gold as the dragon landed on his back with Jack keeping him pinned, a grin upon his face.
"Cheater," smirked the dragon, pretending to nip at him before rolling to his feet.
“Ah not so Fast!” Jack said stopping Ardon from rolling back over, keeping him pinned to the floor, “What’s the magic word goldie?” Jack teased, Brathille shimmering in his eyes and his palm.
"Abracadabra?" Laughed the dragon.
Jack grinned and chuckled lightly.
“I was thinking more of Jack is the best Dragon rider on earth and dragon tamer” Jack grinned petting him on his underbelly, “I’m waiting Mr” Jack teased.
Ardon repeated the words in a dramatic fashion before suddenly snorting out a cloud of smoke at Jack, using the distraction to get free. The dragon laughed, doing a little dance in a circle at getting free.
Jack laughed as he dusted off the grass on his clothing.
“Now who is the cheater, now can we have that walk on the beach now?, before Aileen rings my mobile calling us back for breakfast and feeds you with half a ton of porridge” Jack lightly teased.
"Walk? Or fly?" Inquired the dragon.
“Fly please, it’s a bit of a walk, by wing would be quicker, gives us 20 mins or so before the phone rings” Jack said gesturing to his watch.
Once Jack was atop his shoulders the golden dragon launched into a full gallop across the beach, running hard before leaping into the air, beating his wide wings into the ocean breeze.
Jack smiled as they approached the sandy beach, the tide had gone out leaving the sandy beach below, the sea breeze blowing around them as the sun climbed into the sky.
The golden dragon landed as Jack jumped off and looked around, not seeing anyone around for miles.
“Looks like it will be a sunny day Ardy, when my nephew arrives, I think you have to take him here to build his sand fortresses” Jack commented.
"That would be fun. Build it before the tide comes in." Said Ardon.
Jack nodded as they took a stroll along the beach, it was peaceful and Jack enjoyed the noise of the sea crashing against the beach and going back out again, it reminded him of his younger days when his parents took him to the seaside.
Jack saw ahead of them a rock buried in the sand, Jack usually wouldn’t of bothered but considering what Kris had told him about how Korrin performed, he decided to see if Ardon was game.
“Hey Ardy, before we go back to a breakfast of champions think you could uproot that lonely rock there?” Jack asked pointing to it.
"Why?" Asked the dragon.
Jack smiled lightly.
“Just to see how far you come, Korrin worries me a little, I know he is a keen dragon” Jack said admitting he had been a little concerned that Ardon and Korrin came to a deadlock.
"You're worried your dragon isn't top of the pack?" Ardon asked, turning a golden eye to the man.
Jack turned to look at Ardon.
“Did not say that, I just want to be sure your on top form Ardy, you cannot deny he was a surprise to you, like me” Jack asked the golden dragon.
"You're totally worried," laughed Ardon as he landed by the rock. "I'll prove you won't have to be."
“Am not, I’m not worried” Jack said denying the fact bluntly, “Dont put words in my mouth” he added.
"Korrin worries me a little'," Ardon teased, mimicking jacks voice. "Your words not mine," he grinned playfully.
Jack rolled his eyes and shook his head.
“Har Har, my dragon knows comedy” Jack replied, waving off the little dig from his dragon.
"So do you want me to prove to you that your dragon is still number one?" He asked.
Jack looked at him and smiled.
“While you’re here, might as well Ardy” Jack replied.
Once Jack dismounted Ardon walked over to the rock. Rearing up to his hind legs the dragon put his paws on the stone and began to try and push it over.
Jack moved to observe the dragons effort, hoping that it be an easy thing as Ardon had grown, plus he was getting much like Forge in his power, his personality was very un-Forge like but Jack didn’t mind that.
The gold was determined to impress his Attilu enough not to have him worry. Gritting his teeth, the dragon shoved the rock hard.
Jack observed the dragon continue his efforts as he worked at it, Jack felt the dragons focus.
The dragon kept at it, using all his might against the task to try to topple the rock.
Jack kept a safe distance away to ensure he was not hit, watching the golden dragon attempt to move this rock.
Wanting it to seem easy the dragon didn't growl or show much indication that it was harder than it looked to get the rock rolling.
Jacck did not know it was more difficult until Ardon began to bear his teeth, it seemed the rock was bigger and heavier than the man anticipated, but Ardon did not let up.
The dragons brow furrowed and despite not wanting to his lips curled up to reveal bared teeth.
“Come on Ardon, let’s do this” Jack encouraged as he saw the golden dragon start to struggle in front of him, Jack thought some encouragement would spur him on.
The dragons claws dug in as his expression grew focused unto a snarl.
Soon the rock began to move, Ardon’s muscles rippled under the golden scales as the mountain dragon showed his power to Jack as it yielded to him.
Finally the rock gave and Ardon lifted it up, flashing a grin at Jack before throwing it a short distance.
Jack grinned as Ardon did.
“I think any doubts I had have gone, Korrin better watch out” Jack said seeing the upturned rock on the beach.
"Told you," said Ardon cheekily, rolling his shoulder in Show off manner.
Jack laughed lightly.
“Oh you poser, give over” Jack said as his mobile rang, a text from his mother, read it and checked his watch, chuckling lightly.
“Message from home camp, get ya arses back for brekkie” Jack laughed, imitating a Scottish accent, a poor one at that.
"Leave the accent to her," Ardon laughed, scooping Jack up and putting him atop his shoulders, "those are orders that can't be ignored."
The dragon. Jumped aloft and flew for home.

Over the other side of the world, Melina was getting up, having somewhat adapted to the change in time zones, Melina saw Zyra was sleeping peacefully, the professor smiled as she snuck into the shower room quietly as not ot wake the white haired woman.
Once in there Melina had her shower taking a little longer than usual, relaxing and enjoying freshening up for the new day down under.
Once she entered the room again Zyra was waking up and stretched with a yawn.
“Morning Zy” Melina said with a kind smile.

"Oh, did I sleep in?" Asked Zyra, getting out of bed and searching for an outfit to get changed into.
Melina shook her head lightly.
“No no, I just thought I’d get showered and up and on, I thought I’d let you sleep in until I was fully changed and not to make you go blind” Melina chuckled lightly.
"Go blind?" As Zyra, searching her bag for her sandals.
Melina smiled lightly.
“You know, not to make you go blind because I’m not in clothes yet, and wrapped in a towel” Melina said with a light chuckle.
"You're talking to someone who is normally white as snow and - oh! I didn't pack these!" Marvelled Zyra, holding up socks with her bold wing pattern on them.
Melina grinned as the woman found the custom-made socks that she had buried in her suitcase, it was a small thank you gesture.
“I know someone who makes socks, so I sent over some photos of you and your scale colours and asked him to make you a few pairs, then snuck them into your bag, just as a thank you and to show I do care for you” Melina replied.
"Aw Mel you're too sweet. I love them, thank you," she said, pulling them onto her feet and wiggling her toes.
"I thought it make you feel more bold wing as a human" Melina smiled, pleased the white haired woman loved the custom made socks for her.
"Thanks, Mel. I appreciate it. I'm going to need a strong cup of tea this morning. I didn't really sleep too much." said Zyra with a yawn.
Melina nodded lightly.
“You slept on the plane, I think the transformation plus change in time zones hasn’t helped but, a good breakfast and a mug of tea and we be off on adventures” Melina said getting changed.
"You're right. Do you know what we're doing today?" Asked Zyra.
Melina shook her head.
“See what the mad bunch want to do, probably easy day today and then adventure out as the days go by, wait till you have Mum’s breakfasts, I can assure you, she be bringing out the big pans” Melina laughed lightly.
"Oh dear," laughed Zyra. "Let's go down and see if she needs help."
Melina shook her head.
“First golden rule, do not help mum especially now you been part of the family unless asked, she turns savage” Melina said with a smile.
"Oh, okay good to know. Don't want to be doing that," laughed Zyra lightly.
Melina nodded lightly as she tied her hair back.
“You grabbing a shower to freshen up?, the girls bought some shower gels that smell of coconut and lime, so try those out if you are” Melina advised.
"Yeah, I'll meet you downstairs." Said the woman, getting ready.

Melina was first down as her sisters greeted her in an excited fashion, as Melina expected her mum had put out a bed and breakfast style breakfast and there was a lot to choose from as she was greeted by Suzanne and Allan.
“Did you sleep ok Mel?” her mum asked pouring her a cup of tea.
“yes thanks, needed the sleep I think” Melina replied, thanking her mother.
“Well flying round the world is no mean feat, is your friend coming” Emilie asking tucking into her cooked breakfast.
Melina nodded lightly.
“Yes she be down now”.

As soon as Zyra came down Larissa and Ellis got up and with smiles and light laughter Zyra was taken by the hand and guided rather excitedly to her seat.
Zyra came downstairs and before she could say good morning she was shown to her seat for breakfast. "Oh, thank you this looks great." she smiled.
“Orange juice, tea or coffee?” Emilie offered as Suzanne shook her head.
“Jeez girls give her some space, I know she’s part of the family but give her some space, mad women” Suzanne said.
“Want to make sure Zyra is all fed” Emilie said.
“You don’t need any encouragement Em” Ellis said as the others laughed as the banter continued round the table as everyone chatted and tucked into their breakfasts.
Zyra looked around and had to smile. The chatter around the table was loud and boisterous as everyone had something to say. She wondered if her own family had been the same.
“What is the plan for you girls then?” Allan asked as Melina wasn’t sure what was the plan.
“Prefer easy day for the girls before you take Mel and Zy away round the gold coast” Suzanne said.
“They can come up and see the herds and it’s a healthy walk anyways” Larissa said as Melina’s mother seemed to approve.
“Fancy that Zy?” Melina asked the woman.
"Oh id love to come see," nodded the woman.
“Cool!, well eat up then we go in about an hour, let your food go down” Larissa said as everyone tucked into their food, Melina chuckled lightly as her sisters were like bottles of pop, she could sense that Zyra was also happy, to be part of the madness.
Unread Jun 4th, 2017, 01:58 AM   #14
Aerazura
the listener

Veyron had been rather elusive after the incident with Hitteki. Nursing bruised pride and formulating the perfect way to get revenge on the dragoness. The wraith had boiled over with fury and outrage before settling into an icy calmness that came when the dragon plotted. He wasn’t going to let the Syrian dragon get away with what she did. No one had ever knocked him down a peg that that before and he wasn’t going to let it happen again.
The dragon slunk down through the corridors the next day, silently and on alert. He had waited for Hitteki to make her way out of her quarters and head down to the canteen. Once he knew that the coast was clear he dismantled the key code and gained access to her room.
Once inside he crossed his arms and looked around. She had simple furnishings compared to his own quarters but then again, the wraith did go all out and lived a life in the lap of luxury.
He jumped up onto her table beside her sleeping area and searched through the things she had laid neatly across the surface. The wraith found a token that the torchwood 7 team had given her as a welcome to the guardian project.
“This looks like it could be lost easily,” snickered veryon, grabbing the item before he spotted something on the shelf above her bed.
“Bingo.”
Veyron curled and sprung but his jump nearly landed short. He grabbed onto the shelf and heaved himself up with a pained growl. The torture, he felt, that he had endured yesterday had rewoken old complaints from his heroics at the archives. He cursed the Syrian dragon under his breath as he straightened out. Before him lay an emblem that he had heard Hitteki talk about often with the group. It was her pride and joy and it seemed to hold great importance to her.
“Perfect.” He said, grabbing the trinket as well as the totem before making off back out the doors so go stash them away in some place she’d never find them. He reset her access pad to insure that it looked like he had never been there, snickering while he sauntered off with his prize.

++++++

Ardon flew onward back to the house with a hunger in his belly that spurred his wings. The gold wheeled around the barn before rearing up, wings churning the air as his hind paws touched the ground before he dropped his forelegs down. Letting Jack down, the dragon shook out his wings and folded them before the two of them walked up to the converted building. They could see Aileen bustling around the kitchen through the windows, busily dishing out food.
“Mmm!” Hummed Ardon, trotting up to the entry made especially for him.
Using his nose the dragon pushed open the barn doors and was met with the delightful smell of a hot breakfast.
“We’re here!’ called Ardon as he settled into the space made for him. He laid like a sphinx and crossed his front paws, wings folded over his back.
Aileen smiled as Daryl read the paper as Jack sat down. "Porridge for ma boys..a bowl for yooou, and a bucket load for Ardoon" Aileen said.
“Thank you,” said the dragon, tucking into his food. For a creature that didn’t use utensils, he did his best to eat the porridge in a somewhat dignified manner. He managed it without spilling a drop but licked his lips, flashing a glimpse of his glinting teeth.
"Blimey, those teeth look razor sharp, every time we see you, you get bigger," Daryll said.
“That’s what I am hoping for, maybe to grow as big as my uncle. He’s the largest dragon in my bloodline for generations.” Replied Ardon, giving the porridge bowl one last lick for good measure before giving it back to Aileen.
"At this rate, he will, Ardon is fed nutritional food and drink, as well as he is active" Jack said.
"With my porridge he be really big laddie," Aileen said as Jack was about to say something but got a tap on the hand with the spoon.
Ardon snickered and stuck his tongue out cheekily at Jack while Aileen went back to the kitchen.
Jack gave him a look as Daryl smiled.
" You know better than to answer back to your mother Jack" He said as Jack waved dismissively as Aileen topped up Ardon’s porridge.
"There, fuel for the day, we make a Scottish dragoon out of yooou yet laddie" She said.
Ardon resisted thumping his tail in appreciation, wary of knocking anything down in the house. “Thanks mum!” he said instead, digging into a second helping, winking at Jack knowing he couldn’t do anything about it with his mother around. He approved greatly of the woman, especially when she offered him food without criticism.
When he was done his second bowl and she came to collect it the gold dragon gave her a kind lick on the cheek as well as a happy thrum to show his gratitude. It was good to be here, with jack’s family and not worry about the troubles of home.
Unread Jun 4th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #15
IapetusCas
Black & White

After breakfast, the girls chatted and spoke about a number of things as the girls teased their brother Jason who got up late as usual, luckily Suzanne got him a cooked breakfast.
Soon Larissa led the way outside so they could walk and see the herds on the field near their home.
The gang of girls took the short walk from the Goodwin’s house towards the large field where the family owned and ran a cattle herd, Melina could not recall them owning a herd of cattle or a large plot of land considering her parents and their jobs.
The sun was beating down as the girls wore sunglasses as they walked down the path and along the side of the roads towards the field where their animals were kept.
"So, you guys don't strike me as farmers. What do you each do for a living?" Zyra inquired kindly.
Emilie laughed lightly.
“No we are no farmers at all, it is more Larissa and Ellis” she said as Ellis turned giving a thumbs up comically making Melina smile.
“Our mother is a Bio scientist, well was, she retired and pursues independent work for extra cash, our father is a man of finances, he runs a big bank in Australia, he’s based in Adelaide so that brings in a lot of cash, mum had a lot of money when she retired doing university seminars and research so she bought a house here along with land” Larissa explained to Zyra.
"You certainly come from a family of talent and tenacity," marvelled Zyra as she looked over at Melina. "No wonder you followed suit."
Melina gave a small smile.
“Well, mother inspired me, but we did not all follow the path into science, Larissa and Ellis are semi-professional runners for the region and have represented the UK a number of times, Emilie works in HR and Jason works for Australia’s civil service” Melina replied back.
Emilie chuckled lightly seeing Larissa and Ellis speed ahead of them towards the field, where the cattle were based.
“Means those two got time on their hands, so mother gave them the herd and land as responsibility, they also loan the land out to farmers who pay rent” Emilie said.
Zyra nodded, "That's interesting. What kind of animals do you keep?"
“They keep cattle mostly, for meat then sell them on to a local farmer who gives them a good percentage, then they hire the land out for crops, that’s how they earn their living” Emilie said
"How neat," smiled Zyra at the explanation. The family certainly was a busy one, fitting in with their demeanour, she thought.
Larissa and Ellis turned and spoke, over hearing Emilie’s teasing banter directed at them.
“Just because we are wild and free, doesn’t mean you can be jealous of us, we train and work hard” Larissa said with Ellis support.
“Yeah yeah, we all know the truth” Emilie teased as Melina laughed lightly at the banter coming from them all.
Zyra couldn't help but to laugh at the banter and jokes that flew across the room; good-natured teasing all around.
“Don’t worry Zy, we are always like this, teasing and prodding, we do get on, honest!” Larissa said to the woman.
"Oh I know. It's just funny to see," smiled Zyra.
The girls approached the field with a fence around the land perimeter with a few dozen cattle grazing on the land.
"Oh look, there's the cows," said Zyra, holding her hand up to shield her eyes from the sun as she looked around the vast acreage. "Wow, all this is your families?"
The girls nodded.
“Yup, all 2 acres, its small really but it helps us and gives mum and dad some help financially, we tend to them, who says girls cant be farmers” Ellis said with a light laugh.
"That's awesome," smiled Zyra, looking across the field and thinking it must be hard work to tend to.
Ellis phoned buzzed and she read the message and laughed lightly.
“We have been summoned to the house, mother has made dinner, then I guess she be taking us out in the evening, we best head back” Ellis said but Larissa had a sly smile creep upon her face.
“Hey, anyone fancy a sprint race back?, if I recall we were all pretty fast”.
“How’s that fair?” Emilie said as Melina grinned.
“I’m game”
Larissa and Ellis smiled.
“Alright, Emilie you in?”
The woman sighed and then nodded.
“Yes, sibling rivalry and all that” she smiled.
Zyra grinned before shouting, "Last one there does dishes tonight!"
The girls laughed and nodded in agreement to the bet of the loser doing the dishes, Melina grinned as the challenge was laid out.
“Ok then..Go!” Larissa said as the girls bolted into a sprint, as expected Larissa and Ellis were ahead followed by Melina with Zyra and Emilie following up but Zyra soon overtook Melina and was gaining on the two girls ahead.
Zyra ran but found that she did not seem to tire all that quickly, perhaps the reason being not truly human. She picked up speed, laughing slightly as she ran.
Melina grinned as she tried her best but Zyra was sprinting really fast, it was relatively flat and the professor grinned as Zyra powered on.
Zyra saw she was getting closer and really put her all into the sprint, still not feeling all that tired from the run. Soon enough she overtook the others and dashed into the lead.
Larissa and Ellis looked shocked and surprised as Zyra flew past, the girls picked up the pace, going flat out but they were not catching up on Zyra, the white-haired girl powered away as Larissa bolted to go after her as Ellis was slowing.
The white-haired girl looked over her shoulder to see that she pulled away from the others. Turning back she made the final sprint to the porch; exhilarated that she could accomplish such a feat without feeling breathless.
She did put on a show of putting her hands on her legs and breathed hard just so she wouldn't freak them out.
Larissa soon reached the porch, totally out of breath, followed by Melina and then the others, as the girls all panted for breath, Larissa looked stunned.
“How…..how the heck are you that freakin fast!, that was…incredible!” Larissa said in between taking deep breaths, Melina was heavily panting but winked at Zyra with a small smile.
"Um, I used to do short distance sprints back home. I guess I still have it," she replied with a smile.
Larissa seemed amazed as Ellis seemed impressed.
“We are all sweating and red in the face and you look ready for a marathon, you sure your friend isn’t some sort of super human?” Ellis said as Melina laughed.
“Don’t be silly Ellis, Zyra did do a lot of running in her secondary school days, she also does activities outside of lab work, she’s really good” Melina said with a grin.
“Well…done girl!., your amazing” Larissa said patting Zyra on the shoulder, the girls still all out of breath.
"Heh, thank you, Larissa," replied Zyra.
Suzanne opened the door to find all the girls puffing and panting as it had been clear what had happened.
“Oh you mad girls, running down her at full pelt, you all have to wash and change now, good job I made something that can simmer, go on” Suzanne said as the girls piled in and went to their room s to change and shower.
Once Melina and Zyra were in their own room the professor spoke, ensuring there was no one around.
“Seems bold wing blood has given you a super boost as a human, you flew past them and those girls are fast” Melina commented getting a glass of water.
"Yeah, I thought of maybe hanging back so I wouldn't be suspicious but it was just a little too fun," she admitted with a light laugh.
Melina grinned.
“I’m glad you didn’t hold back, it was fun to watch, I assume you are not tired at all from the running, I felt your Aura and I had to hide my palm, I overtook Ellis so I had a spurt, but you were just..Zoom” Melina said with a light chuckle.
"Hah, yeah I'll hold back next time. No, not really all that tired but I think I'm cheating being really a boldwing."
Melina chuckled as she sat on the bed next to Zyra as they spoke, knowing they would have to head downstairs soon for dinner.
“Well, so we know now as a human, your incredibly fast, do not tire easily, are very flexible and aerobatic and quick reflexes, oh and can beat me at my own self-defence classes” Melina laughed nudging Zyra.
The girl laughed, "I wonder if this is how Jack feels. He has similar advantages."
Melina nodded lightly in agreement.
“I don’t think he is as fast as you, he’s more power where you are more quick and nimble, not saying you aren’t strong but seems your human form is speed and agility orientated” Melina replied.
"Much like my natural state, I guess," said the girl. "It's kind of interesting how this human form takes on those aspects."
Melina smiled.
“Baxter said the machine utilises your dragon DNA, this is what it created and I love what it has done, considering the circumstances and you out done my fastest sisters” Melina laughed lightly, changing for dinner.
"Yeah it's not bad, the machines final design. I don't mind it." Smiled Zyra.
Soon the voice of Suzanne shouting upstairs as dinner was ready as Melina and Zyra joined the others for dinner, now they had changed and freshened up, Melina telling Zyra to change so it looked as if she changed and had a shower, despite the woman not being out of breath or tired.

Back in Scotland Jack and Ardon were resting up after breakfast, Jack doing a puzzle on his tablet while Ardon dozed after being fed 3 bucket loads full of Aileen’s porridge as the door bell went with Daryl getting it.
“Oh hey there son” Daryl said giving him a hand and a kiss ot his wife as Jack looked up and smiled, getting up to greet his brother.
“Good to see you Jack” Nathan said as the two brothers embraced in a hug, “Keeping well I see”.
“I have been, nice to see you and your family, I brought Ardon round” Jack chuckled lightly as the golden dragon got up and approached them.
"Hey!" Ardon greeted them enthusiastically, crouching to say hello.
Nathan smiled looking up at the golden dragon.

“Hello Ardon, gosh, your growing, we brought your most adoring fan” Nathan said as James came in with a grin.
“Hello Ardon, great to see you!” he beamed walking up to the dragon to give him a hug.
Ardon scooped up James and lifted him up in a hug of his own. "You have grown too! How old are you, dragon rider?"
“I’m 13 now, so in secondary school, I’m glad you came along, I wanted to go for a fly” he beamed looking up at the gold.
“Now now, hold your horses, you haven’t asked nicely or asked uncle Jack” Nathan said with a light chuckle.
"We can go out in a bit," said Ardon with a wink and a smile.
Jack nodded in agreement.
“I don’t see no issue, but say hello to your nan first James before Ardon take you for a spin” Jack said as Aileen came out of the kitchen.
“Hey!, where is ma hug ya beastie” Aileen said as James ran and gave her a hug.
“Getting bigger lad, I think if ya continue getting big, we have to give ya Ardon sized meals” she joked as Jack smiled.
Unread Jun 5th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #16
Aerazura
the listener

After Nathan sat down and talked about their drive up it was apparent that James really wanted to get his taxation started. Delighted that the dragon has come along, the boy wanted to go touch the clouds. He was older now and perhaps Ardon would allow them to do more daring flying.
"Ardon, can we go for a fly now?" James asked with a smile.
The gold looked over at Jack, “We’ll let you guys catch up. Won’t be longer than an hour or two.” He promised.
"Ok, you fly safe now or Nathan will kill me" Jack said as the other brother smiled, "And James listen to what Ardon tells you," he added.
James grinned "Sure," he beamed, happy to be able to go flying.
Ardon lead the boy outside asking him if he remembered the rules and things, as they got ready. James hadn’t missed a beat and recalled all the safety measures. The gold got into his rigging, buckling the clips together and making sure everything was secure. James got the belt and tether from Jack’s harness so that he could clip in safely.
Ardon called him up as he crouched; James got into the saddle and he heard the clip secure onto the metal loop at the collar on the base of his neck.
“Where should we fly to?” the dragon asked him, giving the boy the opportunity to dictate the navigation.
"To the beach!" he pointed excitedly, "A fly along the beach line and over the sea" he added.
Ardon spread his wings, raising them up slowly before bringing them down powerfully as he leaped into the air. He angled into the sea breeze which quickly lifted them high into the sky. Sapphire blue stretched above them, streaked with wispy cirrus clouds, painted by the ocean wind. It was a beautiful day for flying, not too warm but the puffs of white above didn’t threaten rain.
They raced along the coast, flying over stretches of sandy beach as the waves crashed along the shore below.
“Ready?” called Ardon, looking over his shoulder at the boy.
The dragon pulled his wings in a dive, rocketing towards the ocean before quickly pulling up into a steep ascent. Leveling off the dragon turned again to check on his passenger. “You survived that?” he asked.
"Wooo!" James said laughing lightly, the young man was adventurous like Jack, loving Ardon's quick flying and stunts.
The dragon completed a few more low-level aerial dramatics but did not go upside down or do anything too extreme, as James was not a seasoned rider like Jack. Ardon grimaced if he thought about the boy getting hurt while in his care.
Instead they flew up and down the shore, stopping here and there to inspect something they noticed in the sand or to explore a little bit of the beaches. It was quiet here and they didn’t see anyone for most of the trip. Ardow flew up and away if they happened upon other beach goers, not wanting to startle anyone.
As it started to get warmer, the dragon flew out over the ocean, tilting his body so that James could reach out and touch the waves.
He got a laugh when he told James about how he liked to fly upside down with Jack and threaten to dunk his head in the water whenever they flew together near the ocean.
The two of them really clicked. Ardon’s protectiveness over Jack’s family extended even to him and the dragon thought that the boy was certain to become an Attilu one day. James had no fear when it came to the gold and the adventurous spirit would mesh well with a dragon of his own.

"So Ardon, how big your going to grow" James asked on one of their stops atop a rocky vista that overlooked a little inlet. . He had noticed how much the dragon had grown since their last visit.

"Well, I'm not sure but I hope to get as big as my uncle but he's giant for the breed we are." Said the dragon. “My sire is a bit shorter but my mother is pretty small, though females tend to be.”

"I'm sure you will be the biggest dragon ever!" Beamed James, grinning as Ardon stood up.

“Maybe.” Laughed the dragon, “Come on, let’s head back. Your nan and uncle Jack would like to see you before we have dinner, I’m sure.”

Once clipped in, the dragon jumped off the ledge with a woop and angled his wings back for the farmhouse.

Back in the torchwood facility Veyron had stashed his stolen trinkets away someplace far from his own quarters. He snickered to himself as he exited the humans shared toilet facilities by the canteen.
“Seeing as you’re fond of latrines,” he said to himself.
“Veyron?” came a voice.
He turned to see Comox striding towards him.
“I haven’t seen you about much,” said the boldwing.
“No, I’m a wraith. You’re not supposed to be able to.” He said dryly. “Besides, I haven’t seen much of you since the dinner with the Canadians. You’ve been sulking.”
Comox stopped where he was, mouth twisting into a frown.
“I’ve been working with Baxter.”
“If that’s the story you’re going with, sure,” said Veyron, climbing up the other dragon to his crest. “Have you seen queen Fuzz?”
“I think she’s in the dragon hanger studying again. Vonriirs been trying to help.”
“Ah, good. To the canteen. I think lunch is in order,” said Veyron.
Comox complied with a slight shake of his head. The wraith certainly was a dragon of his own.
Unread Jun 7th, 2017, 08:00 AM   #17
IapetusCas
Black & White

A few days had passed since the wraith exacted his revenge plot upon the Syrian, surprisingly Hitteki had not come hollering down the hall or in a blind panic losing her precious trinkets, it was quiet..too quiet for the revenge plan to of worked perfectly.
Veyron hadn't heard from Hitteki in a while and wondered if she even noticed the missing items. He sauntered down to her quarters to see, pressing in his own code he programmed for his door he let himself in.
"Hey Fuzz face."
Hitteki looked up from her book and frowned, seeing the wraith stroll in without permission.
“What you want and how do you gain access without knocking, you stolen my passcode?” she said not impressed.
"No, I made my own," he said with a smug look. "Just wondering if..." he paused, seeing the trinkets he had put in the toilets sitting nicely on the shelf.
"Oh, you did find them after all," he grinned, thinking that he had ticked her off enough that she hadn't said anything.
Hitteki looked at the trinkets and looked at Veyron puzzled.
“What are you talking about?, they been here all along, is there water still between your ears?” she quizzed, obviously the Syrian was unaware what the wraith had done.
"No," said Veyron dryly. "What game you playing here, lint ball? Tell me how your got your thingamajigs back."
Hitteki snorted as smoke escaped her nostrils.
“I have no idea what you are talking about Veyron, they have always been here, I have no idea what your on about, now do you mind” Hitteki said gesturing to the book.
The wraith was confused but did not show it, not wanting her to see. Perhaps some kind person had given them back to her. Instead he smirked. "I would just wash your paws after you touch them if I were you," he said before walking away.
“Whatever” Hitteki grumbled as she went back to reading her, reminding herself to change the passcode to her door to ensure the wraith couldn’t get in.
The wraith made his way back to his quarters, tapping in his code, he was surprised to see Mark sat on the edge of his luxury bed and fabrics, petting Harvey the tabby Veyron acquired, giving Veyron a focussed look of intent.
The fact the man got in without being noticed surprised the wraith as he spoke.
"What are you doing in here, looking like some Bond villain weirdo?" Asked Veyron.
Mark gave a small, sly smile.
“Ahh Mr bond, I have been waiting for you, you have a pretty nice collection around here…including the cat” Mark replied.
The look on the wraith was priceless and Mark seemed to savour it as Veyron seemed confused and stunned to find Mark there.
"What the hell, Mark? What do you want?" Asked the dragon, jumping on his desk.
Mark put the cat to one side and looked at the small dragon.
“You might think you’re the king of stealth and being a sneaky Ass but I did not train with the CIA, FBI and special agents not to notice when your being an ass of a dragon, I observed you steal Hitteki’s stuff and stick them in canteen loo’s, I put them back and cleaned them before Hitteki came back” Mark replied.
Veyron stood there for a moment, taking in what the man had said. "Why!" Was all he could sputter out.
Mark folded his arms and looked judgingly at the wraith.
“Because, play time is over, just because Jack isn’t here or Melina, doesn’t mean there are no rules or eyes upon you, you’re an accomplished liar Veyron, but I am an accomplished observer and trust me, I be observing you very carefully” Mark said.
"Did you OBSERVE her nearly killing me the other day?" Snapped Veyron.
Mark shook his head.
“I did not, I DID hear you got trollied on alcohol and you sleeping in odd and bizarre places, oh I have heard about that, good job you don’t find a microwave a suitable place to crash while drunk” Mark replied.
Veyron bristled, outraged, "that dragoness nearly drowned me then nearly broke my neck. I thought a little payback was in order and you had to go and ruin it."
Mark tried not to roll his eyes, though he found it amused that the wraith got knocked down a peg or two.
“Oh too bad Veyron, learn to perhaps improve your demeanour a small amount and perhaps dragons won’t want to dunk you in water or sling shot you across the dragon hanger, I’ve also locked away all your alcohol, so I control the amount you have to stop your drunken strange sleeping scenario’s so learn to love soft drinks” Mark said getting off the bed.
"What the ****? I saved your life remember. You're supposed to be on MY side!" Shouted the wraith.
Mark turned and did a little bow before the wraith in a sarcastic fashion.
“And I am truly grateful, perhaps you earn some brownie points for a whiskey, if not we got free refills on...” Mark smirked and s******ed lightly.
“Diet coke” Mark said walking off.
Veyron growled, clenching his fists as the man walked away. His hackles were standing on end. Not only did he have Hitteki to deal with now Mark was showing him up, something that he hadn't expected.
Mark left with a small smile on face, the wraith’s revenge plot and plans had been ruined, twice in a couple of days the wraith had not gotten his own way and his pride hurt yet again.
He cursed and kicked a stack of papers off his desk.

Meanwhile Melina and Zyra enjoyed the company of her family, today Suzanne decided to take the girls to the gold coast, while Larissa, Emilie and Ellis had been, Melina had not, nor had Zyra so this would be a prefect chance to see the sights and sounds of the beautiful city on the east coast of Australia.
Melina and Zyra were in awe of the city and the amazing sunny weather, clear skies a gentle ocean breeze and the sun beating down upon them, perfect bold wing weather as Melina wore her sun glasses and a large hat, along with Zyra who wore jogging trousers and a white dress which had bold wing markings in a nice pattern which suited the white haired girl.
Armed with a camera, Zyra was taking a lot of photos to take back home, to stick into her album.
“Enjoying it?” Melina asked.
Lifting the camera to her face, Zyra took yet another photo for her album back home.
"Its so pretty," she said, turning to Melina.
Melina smiled, admiring the weather and seeing everyone enjoying themselves, their mother and sisters chatting ahead as they seemed to bask in the Australian sun.
“This is definitely bold wing weather, Ibantu has a challenge on its paws” Melina teased lightly.
Zyra smiled, turning the camera to Melina, "Maybe. But Torchwood is our home now. And that I am just fine with." she said, taking the woman's picture.
Melina grinned and pushed the camera away.
“Hey, cheeky, you did not get a good one of me” Melina laughed lightly as she posed by the beach.
Zyra snapped another one, "There, you can approve of that one I hope."
Melina looked at the photo and smiled, approving of it.
“Hey you two, let us take your photo of you two together, since its you girls first time to the gold coast” Ellis said getting her camera out.
Zyra hid her own camera behind her back and stood next to Melina and smiled.

“That’s great, got some really good photos, mum said she knows a good place to eat, lets get going” Ellis said as Melina chuckled.
“Ellis is hungry, drop everything” Melina teased.
Zyra laughed, "Well I could go for something to eat too. Let's go."
“Knowing my mum and sisters, it be sushi, you like that don’t you Zy?” Melina asked the white haired woman.
"Oh of course. I would love to have sushi," nodded Zyra. As a dragon she could only ever have small portions and never really got to try the fancier dishes.
Melina smiled giving Zy a hug round her shoulders.
“Well, one advantage being human, you can enjoy the portions and taste them better, the flavours, I think Toby does a grand job getting flavours to register on a dragons palette” Melina commented.
"Yeah, Toby is wonderful. I am glad he didn't leave when we all came flooding in." replied Zyra.
The girls led Melina and Zyra to a sushi restaurant which was overlooking the beaches and ocean, it was a very clean and well run sushi restaurant where the staff greeted all the girls with a smile, the restaurant was air conditioned and was busy, Melina smiled, knowing the girls would pick a good restaurant for them.
Once everyone had inspected the menu and ordered Melina said her order with a glass of water, the waiter then asked for Zyra’s order.
"May I please have tuna maki and a sun roll?" Zyra asked, placing her order.
“Good choice, Zyra is that a favourite of yours?, you seem to know a fair bit, did not think London had many sushi places” Emilie said.
"You have to know where to look, it's a treat to have though," replied Zyra.
Melina nodded in agreement.
“Yes we got a few but you got to go hunting for them” she added as the girls chatted about a variety of things while their meals were being prepared.
"So apart from being Melina's best buddy and lab tech, whats your hobbies?" Larissa asked.
"Well, I love reading. I spend a lot of time with my nose in a book." She realized she didn't have many hobbies as she tried to list a few. Her time was dedicated to Melina and advancing her education. "I guess I have been too busy with studies lately I kind of let hobbies get away from me." she admitted.
“She is a very good academic and is working hard, she helps me out loads” Melina replied as the girls smiled, glad the two got on and were close.
“Well that is really cool, I am glad you’re here, seems our food is ready” Suzanne said as the waiters came over with the food.
“Great, I’m starving!” Ellis said.
“Your always hungry” Emilie said as the girls laughed.

Back in Scotland, the evening was drawing in and James had wanted to sit outside and make a fire, to watch the sun set and to roast marshmallows, Jack moved some stones into position as Ardon was tasked with getting some fire wood, plus provide the flame.
Ardon flew up with a load of dried driftwood in his front paws. He landed in the sand and set to work building up the logs. Drawing in a deep breath, the dragon opened his jaws and let out a grand stream of fire, letting it go on for far longer than actually needed to light the fire. Soon enough the wood was crackling aflame as the gold closed his mouth, looking at his work with pride.
Jack shook his head and chuckled as Ardon went a little over the top with the flame.
"Show off, testing your fire lung again" Jack said making James laugh, loving the teasing his uncle gave the golden dragon, who usually gave as good as he got.
Ardon grinned before teasingly sending sparks in Jack's direction though they fizzled out before they reached the man.
Jack shifted quickly before realising the sparks and flames would not reach him, he shook his head lightly.
"Your terrible" Jack said as James opened the marshmallows and was sticking them on small sticks Ardon had gathered for the purpose of roasting them over the dragon fuelled fire.
"Has Ardon got his stick?".
"He need a branch James" Jack teased.
Ardon laughed and offered the spikes upon his tail, "will that do?"
"That's amazing" James said.
"Yes, Ardon in the wild would hunt timid and elusive marshmallows and eat them over a fire" Jack replied making the boy giggle.
"The wild ones are dangerous, which is why we should take care of them," grinned the dragon, eating two.
Jack rolled his eyes and laughed lightly, the three of them got on as Nathan looked out the window, giving his brother a thumbs up as Jack nodded, Nathan was chatting to Aileen and Daryl as Jack was put on nephew duty, it was ok he did not mind at all.
“Can Ardon breathe fire for a good while now?” James asked as Jack looked at Ardon then to James.
“He can as he grows the fire lung gets bigger, I usually try and get him to work it, otherwise it get smaller, but don’t challenge a dragon to test his limits” Jack replied.
"I prefer to do tricks rather than see how long I can breath fire. It's not the best thing to empty a fire lung." Explained Ardon.
Jack agreed as James was already opening another bag of the tasty treats.
“If you keep feeding Ardon, he turn into a marshmallow” Jack teased lightly, making James laugh as the trio hung round the fire watching the sun set over the ocean.
Unread Jun 7th, 2017, 09:34 AM   #18
Aerazura
the listener

Veyron kept his head down for the next few days, not wanting to draw Mark’s attention. The little wraith was in a fowl mood over Hitteki and now his new minder. The dragoness deserved payback but Mark was certainly hindering that. He wouldn’t let that stop him from getting back at the Syrian dragoness. He just had to bide his time and wait it out, thinking of the best plan to get her back.
He had to plan it in a way that Mark wouldn’t catch him or have evidence to reprimand him. Veyron was angered that the man had taken away his booze but he found a silver lining. He wanted a clear head for the plotting he was to come up with.

Comox was having lunch in the canteen when Vonriir came in.
“There you are, Comox. It’s been rather quiet here since the others left,” He said, sitting down next to the boldwing.
“Yeah, it has,” nodded Comox, knowing the reason why. He had even sequestered himself to Baxter’s office mostly, helping the man catch up on various work projects to keep busy. “I haven’t seen much of Veyron around though. I thought he’d be stirring up all sorts of trouble while Jack is away.”
Vonriir chuckled lightly, “Ah, he can’t be that bad. A little rough around the edges but he seems to be doing alright.”
Comox hummed at this in response, not quite agreeing with the cragback on that.
“He’s certainly a dragon of his own.”
Veyron, as if summoned by their conversation appeared. With him, he held a small fabric bag that he put onto the table.
“Gents,” he nodded, walking off towards the kitchens t grab something to eat.
“It’s like he can hear everything. Whenever we talk about him, there he appears.” Whispered Comox.
Vonriir laughed, “Ears like a bat.”
The little dragon returned with a croissant, butter and jam spread upon it.
“What are you two weirdos up to?’ he asked, munching on the snack.
“Nothing, just taking a break,” said Comox.
“You and the geek been working together, huh? On what?” asked Veyron.
Comox held back a disapproving snort of the insult nickname, “Nothing you’d be interested in.”
“You’re probably right,” replied the wraith with disinterest.
“So what have you been up to, Veyron?” asked Vonriir.
“Relaxing mostly now that I don’t have the golden one breathing down my neck or the professor spoiling all my fun.”
“Oh it’s not that bad,” chided Comox.
“You don’t know the half of it, kiddo,” said Veyron, licking his lips as the last of his croissant disappeared.
“Well, I’m headed out to the dragon hanger for a nap. I’ll talk to you two later. “ announced Vonriir, getting up to his feet.
“Alright, see you later Von.” Said Comox as he large dragon walked off.
“So, Veyron, I’m going to put on a film what do you want to watch?”
The boldwing turned when he didn’t get an answer. “Veyron?”
The wraith was no where in sight.
Veyron clung to Vonriir’s scales, hidden from view by the cragback’s large shoulder spikes. He needed the large dragon’s vast bulk to block the cameras from seeing what he wanted to do. His timing couldn’t have been more perfect and that suited the wraith just fine. Vonriir hadn’t even noticed his passenger, as small and quiet as he was.
As they approached Hitteki’s room, the wraith saw that her light was on and that she was inside.
“Perfect.” He grinned before reaching into the bag he had brought along with him. He pulled out a foil package that read: Ultra Oder Stink Bomb.
Veyron shook the bag and then slid it under the dragoness’s door, knowing it would take a minute to pop. This wasn’t his usual style, he liked to have his little moments of revenge a bit more complicated than this but his path to payback was just getting started. The dragon certainly had more up his sleeve.
“Oh so juvenile but a classic,” Veyron snickered to himself as he jumped back up on Vonriir as he passed, the large dragon not even realizing that he had disembarked.
As Vonriir got to the wraith’s quarters he heard a slight pop.
“Alright, thanks champ.” The dragon laughed as he scampered into his room while the cragback continued onto the dragon hanger., completely unaware, having not heard the wraith.

Back in Scotland, Ardon slept soundly in the living room area that had been set aside for him. After a busy day of flying he had slept solidly through the night. In the early hours of the morning someone had come creeping through the house and now lightly tapped Ardon’s muzzle.
"Psst, Hey Ardon, can we go for a morning fly?" The young man asked.
“Huh?” mumbled the dragon, one golden eye opening. He saw James and realized what was going on. The dragon rubbed his face with his paws and saw that it was just after 6 in the morning. A little too early by Ardon’s standards but he could hear the hopeful excitement in the boys voice.
“Did you ask your father?” yawned Ardon, stretching.
James went quiet for a moment.
"Maybe?" He grinned, looking up at the golden dragon.
Ardon gave him a look but it broke out into a smile., “Oh they’ll figure out where we are when they see us both gone.” He decided, the adults knowing that they were stuck like glue while here at the vacation home.
“Let’s go out before the tide comes in and see if we can see anything interesting in the sand.”
The boy seemed to agree and together they snuck quietly out of the house to go hunt adventure on the coast.
Unread Jun 8th, 2017, 08:01 AM   #19
IapetusCas
Black & White

Hitteki had been caught by the wraith’s little trick as the bag broke a noxious gas filled the room that soon Hitteki had to evacuate her quarters, leaving her book behind as she rushed out of the door, coughing and spluttering after being caught up from the little incident.
Comox came around the corner, drawn by the noise. Concerned, he walked closer to see Hitteki coughing in the hall.
'Hitteki, what is-" he froze, sail raising as he sniffed before recoiling backwards. "Stars what the heck is that!"
Hitteki coughed and spluttered as she tried to speak but gestured to Comox to move away a bit further to breath.
“A bag was thrown under the door and released a foul odour in the smoke, it’s now lingering in my quarters” Hitteki said coughing lightly.
"God that smells terrible," said Comox, covering his nose and grimacing.
Hitteki agreed.
“Your telling me!, how will I clear this noxious gas up in my room!” Hitteki said not impressed with what caused this but she gave a growl, thinking it might have been sabotage upon her.
"Turn on the vent on the far wall and we can fan it back," suggested the bold wing, though he was thinking how much he rather not get any closer to the room.
Hitteki grumbled, snorting with distain at this.
“Great, I got to go back in there and do it myself, where is Jack or leadership when I need them” Hitteki replied as she looked back at her quarters.
"Don't blame Jack," said Comox, stepping up. "I'll help," he offered, drawing in a breath to hold before unfurling his wings.
Hitteki smiled slightly.
“I appreciate it Comox, thank you” she replied, nodding in respect at Comox offering to go in.
"Yeah, no problem," he said while trying not to breath in through his nose but the smell was so awful that he could nearly taste it.
Comox managed to activate the air purifier and activated the filters to clean the air in the Syrian’s quarters before he rushed out to speak with Hitteki.
"That is all we can do really," Comox said once the air purifiers were set. " It just needs time to clear out. Sorry Hitteki. How did you say it happened?"
Hitteki nodded lightly.
“I was reading and a brown bag slipped under the door and it went pop, releasing this brown gas with foul odour, I did not stop to read the bag or find where it was” Hitteki explained.
Comox shook his head, "That's the weirdest thing." he said, not understanding.
“Well, whoever did it to me isn’t friendly, I would point a talon at that snake of a dragon Veyron, it has the markings of a wraith action” Hitteki growled lightly, claws scrapping the floor.
"Well lets not get hasty; but we can ask him if you want," offered Comox.
Hittkei shook her head.
“No, he deny it, waste of time, gather evidence…I need a drink of water, a trip to the canteen I think” Hitteki said to the male.
Comox nodded, thankful he didn't have to linger around any longer, "I'll join you," he said.
“Thanks, I appreciate the company” Hitteki replied as they walked down to the canteen together, while the smell and gas left for the canteen.

Back up in Scotland in the early morning, James was out with Ardon before Aileen and the others got up, wanting to explore the skies with the golden dragon and to do some stunts while he rode dragon back.
Ardon twirled in the air, trying more dramatic aerial stunt at James' request. He dared not fly as daringly as he would with Jack, however. He kept the loops and spirals at low speed before levelling out. Turning his head the dragon looked at the boy, "How was that?"

James was in awe and loved every dive and twist Ardon did, it was really fun to be with the gold and James always loved them hanging out together.
"That was amazing, I do feel you can go faster and do more daring" James said.
"Well, I don't want you to get thrown about," said Ardon.
"True but can you do something a tiny bit more daring?" James asked.
In reply, the dragon spiralled upside down and flew with his back towards the ground, knowing that James was buckled in he would be safe.
James laughed and grinned as Ardon performed the move, pleased Ardon pushed the boat out on his daring antics.
Ardon looped out of the upside down flight and then levelled off, "You approve? Your dad.. or Jack might kill me if they find out you're now an aerial stuntman."
James laughed lightly at the comment.
"What they don't know won't hurt them will they uncle Ardon" James said with a smile.
The dragon laughed and completed another spiral through the air
"Now your just showing off" James replied.
"I don't hear any complaints though, do I?" grinned Ardon.
James shook his head.
"Wasn't complaining" laughed James.
"It's all fun".
"Good, we should head back though. Aileen will be shouting for us to eat soon anyway," replied the dragon.
“Yeah, Jack will want his dragon back” James said laughing as the golden dragon turned and headed for home.
Unread Jun 8th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #20
Aerazura
the listener

Night fell after another day of adventure in Australia along the Gold coast. The girls had gone out together to the beach, followed by fruity drinks on the patio of a seaside restaurant. It had been a good day, filled with laughter and stories. With some minor alterations, Zyra was able to tell stories of her own without giving away her secret.
There was one moment when Zyra told her name to the hostess for their reservation that the other woman remarked that it was the same as one of the dragons in the UK. Zyra laughed it off, pretending to be honoured to have the same name as a dragon but admitting she’d never have the heart to meet one before the hostess ushered them to their table.
Now with the day winding down, the white haired woman excused herself and went up to her room early, leaving Melina to chat with her family. She showered and changed, dressing into pajamas for the night.
Sitting down on the bed, Zyra rubbed her right arm. She had been feeling a little off since the ride home but as night closed in around her she couldn’t shake the feeling that was clinging onto her.
The absence of the weight of her wings seemed to bother her most. If she thought about not being able to stretch them for too long she would get rather anxious.
She worked around this in a strange fashion; sleeping under the weight of as many blankets and pillows she could find, feeling protected underneath them, no matter how warm the room was at night.
This transformation was harder in a way. It had been a conscious choice, not one made on her behalf to save her life. Everything about it felt wrong and she found herself itching her arms and shoulders often, her new form knowing something wasn’t quite right.
It wasn’t only this dilemma that weighed on her mind. She kept thinking about what to do when she and Melina would finally have to return to the facility. She tried not to think about Ardon or Comox while on holiday but in the quiet moments it was hard not to. She wasn’t one to run from problems normally, but this one she had abandoned completely overwhelmed and she knew that she would have to face it some time sooner or later.
The girl rubbed her face, trying not to worry, knowing that Melina would sense it through the link if she focused on it too much. As if on cue she could hear the professor excuse herself downstairs. Zyra, not wanting to dampen her reunion with her own problems got under the blankets of her bed and pretended to be asleep. Tomorrow would be another start and she’d feel better in the morning.

Back in his quarters, Veyron leaned back and reclined on his bed, smiling to himself. He could hear the commotion outside and knew that his little trick had worked. The dragon was pleased but that was only the tip of the iceberg.
“No one messes with a wraith,” he said to himself, eating some chocolate covered cashews. “You’re going to learn that the hard way, Fuzz face.”
Indeed, the little dragon had other things in store for the dragoness, especially if she tried to get back at him. The smartass he was, the wraith was prepared for anything and wouldn’t let anyone, especially Hitteki, get away with humiliating him.
He turned on his own room security so that it would alert him if anyone should approach or get in. He may be cocky but he was also on alert. He didn’t expect anything from her right away and that proved true when she retreated from her quarters with Comox in tow. This gave him time to savor his small win and prepare for the next round.
Snickering to himself the dragon turned on the television to find something to watch.

Ardon landed in the back yard after their flight, panting lightly as he let James down from his shoulders. He followed the boy as he ran inside to open the barn doors for him. Inside smelled wonderful and the family were just beginning to gather around the kitchen table.
“Ah there they are, noow yooou been flying and gliding acrooos Scotland, it’s time for breakfast,” Aileen said shaking her wooden spoon at the boys as Jack sat at the table, giving Ardon a teasing look.
“I only wanted to work up a good appetite so that I could eat more of your delicious cooking,” cooed Ardon, trying to butter her up, a cheesy smile crossing his face.
“Nice try, laddie, noow ya arse down,” Aileen said as Jack chuckled lightly.
“Sitting!” announced Ardon, plunking himself down and itching his muzzle against Jack’s shoulder, “So, what’s for breakfast? I’m starved after all that flying around.”
“I think it’s mum’s porridge and bacon sandwiches,” Jack said to the golden dragon.
“Oh good,” he thrummed happily.
“There you goo, darlin’” Aileen said, giving Ardon a pet.
“How come he gets away with everything, mum,” Jack asked as Aileen tsked at him.
“Because he’s the family dragon,” she explained.
Ardon grinned at him, “That and she’s said that I am dashing too.” He said, not knowing he had porridge on his nose from licking the bowl clean.
“Oh Ardon, you mucky pup,” Jack said as James laughed lightly Daryl didn’t say anything, eating quietly at the end of the table.
“Least he’s enjoying his food,” Aileen said.
“Very much,” nodded Ardon, tucking in now to his bacon sandwiches that had been piled high on a plate.
Unread Jun 9th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #21
IapetusCas
Black & White

A few days later after their trip to the gold coast, Suzanne and the Goodwin family went to many other places including Adelaide, seeing the sights and sounds around the area.
Zyra and Melina decided to visit a local beach along the lake to take some photos and to hang out, to have some time with her dragoness, or the dragoness in human form.
Zyra walked slowly, fiddling with the camera lens before taking pictures along the beach. "These are turning out great. " she said, looking at the photo.
Melina smiled, happy the woman was utilising her camera and enjoying their quiet time on the beach, with all their adventures with the girls, they did not have time to just stroll by themselves, until now.
“I’m glad your enjoying it, how you been liking my family and Australia?” she asked the white haired girl.
"I approve greatly of both. I am so glad I finally convinced you to come." Admitted Zyra. "All this happiness you've been missing out on. It's so great to see your family all together."
Melina nodded with a kind smile, grateful for the bold wing’s actions, although she did not agree with her decision to turn back into a human.
“Well, we be heading back in a few days time, we been here for a good amount of time and I want to get you back home to change you back” Melina replied.
There was a sudden feeling of relief when Zyra thought about changing back but she immediately felt guilty. "No, don't try to rush us back on my account. You haven't seen them in years. I can survive another week."
Melina looked at Zyra and stopped walking, taking the girl’s hand in her own.
“You been brave and bold enough to stay in this form for me, but we have been here a little while, I worry for you and feel this is the sort of time limit for you as a human, we will return home and get you changed back” Melina replied.
"Mel, I really want you to stay. We can go in a week. I can manage just fine. Besides, the tickets I bought are non-transferable. So we're here till next Wednesday anyway." Said Zyra.
Melina gave Zyra a look.
“I thought they were flexible tickets, means you got another 7 or 9 days as a human, it cant be good for you” Melina said as the magic of the holiday seemed to be disappearing with Melina’s worry over her dragoness.
"Please don't worry. If we need to go I'll tell you, okay? I promise. Just enjoy being here, please?" Said she, really wishing Melina would relax and enjoy being with her family.
Melina sighed and nodded.
“You are my concern too Zy, but I yield to you, I don’t fancy another beating” Melina smiled nudging the girl.
Zyra laughed. "You should always listen to your dragon anyway." She teased.
Melina looked at her watch and saw it was getting a bit late as the sun was beginning to set, she smiled hearing from Zyra she want to have a fish and chip supper from the place they had gone and tried with the girls, the food was very good there and Zyra had seemed to of enjoyed it.
“You want to go there again?” Melina asked the girl.
"Maybe!" Smiled Zyra. "It's rather good."
Melina laughed lightly.
“Well then, we best get there and order it in” Melian said gesturing to the car for them to whizz off to the chippie.

Back in Scotland it had been a quieter day, with Aileen and Daryl popping out to get more supplies despite Ardon offering to help.
Nathan;s wife went with Aileen to help out bring in food for the guests and to continue feeding the large golden dragon.
Jack offered credits but Aileen refused to take it, saying she worked hard not to have handouts, Jack was then chatting with Nathan about his company, he had designed a new type of oil tanker to supply a new resource discovered in the labs to help give clean energy and finally move humanity away from the lingering Gas reserves from Fracking.
James was drawing the ship his father had designed, the boy was a keen drawer and loved to do sketches and other drawings, mostly of Ardon flying.
Ardon leaned over to see what James was drawing. He tilted his head to the side. "That looks neat. What kind of ship is that?"
James looked up and smiled at the golden dragon.
“Thanks, it’s my father’s ship design, he is hoping to get these manufactured soon, they are big ships but only need a few people to run them” James explained.
"That's impressive. Are you going to be a captain when you're older?" Asked the dragon.
James shook his head lightly.
“Doubt it, I’m not clever enough or bold to be a captain” the young man replied back with a heavy sigh.
Ardon snorted,
"you are one of the very few who have EVER flown with a dragon. Upside down at that. I don't think you give yourself enough credit, James. If it's something you want to do you should do it. Just ask uncle Jack. He was one of the youngest captains in his division." Ardon said proudly.
James looked up and smiled.
“Yes, he also got you as his dragon, he is a very brave man, I do admire him flying with you and doing all those crazy flying stunts” James said with a cheeky grin.
"He is. I'm glad he's my Attilu," replied Ardon.
James listened to the dragon and gave a puzzled look upon his face.
“What is an Atillu?” James asked, not understanding.
"Well," began Ardon, "There is a type of magic called Brathille and it bonds a dragon and human together. The human is called an Attilu and the dragon is referred to as a guardian."
James listened intently and nodded lightly understanding.
“So your like, bonded as in the Eragon books I’ve read and you’re his guardian to protect him…and eat his bacon sandwiches” James laughed.
"Yes, that's part of the job, it's very important," grinned Ardon. "If we find Jack later I can show you a bit of what Brathille can do."
“That be amazing Ardon, do you have powers and abilities you share?” James asked suddenly getting interested and excited on what Ardon was telling him.
"Maybe," smirked the dragon. "Maybe not."
“Aww, you cant leave me with that, you must have some benefits apart from eating porridge and Bacon sandwiches Gran makes” James said.
"Jack!" called Ardon, "I need your assistance!" Wanting to show off, the dragon hoped that the man would agree.
A few moments later Jack appeared with a puzzled expression but then smiled at his nephew who was with the dragon.
“Don’t shout too loud, what is the matter, what assistance do you need” Jack asked the gold.
"James wants to see what we can do with Brathille. I've been telling him about it." explained Ardon.
James looked excitedly at Jack and the man smiled.
“Ok, so what does he want to see?” Jack asked Ardon as James smile got bigger.
"Well, right now all we can call upon is the light. Let's try that," suggested the dragon.
Jack nodded lightly.
“Alright, let’s try it and see what happens” Jack said as he gently put his hand on the golden dragon’s shoulder and closed his eyes.

Soon enough the Dragon’s golden scales began to glow, a lot more than before Jack felt the energy of Brathille be focussed and more controlled, giving Ardon more power within him while James looked in awe at the glittering gold scales.
The dragon opened his eyes, golden irises were glowing. "I think we're getting even better at this." Ardon grinned.
“How you feeling Ardon, your glowing a lot more than I known before” Jack replied as James looked in awe.
"Feels different. Not as fleeting or wild," replied the dragon.
Jack finally removed his hand and the golden dragon’s light faded as Jack smiled, the two looking at each other before Ardon spoke to the awestruck James.
"So what do you think, James?" Asked Ardon. "Still want to be a captain?"
James laughed and nodded.
“I think I can be no problem” he said confidently.
“Good man, I am sure if you study hard, you be a great captain of one of your dads vessels” Jack added his confidence in James abilities.
Unread Jun 11th, 2017, 10:45 AM   #22
Aerazura
the listener

A day later Veyron sat on one of the tables in the canteen, enjoying a cup of coffee and a hot lunch. He was rather enjoying the base without Ardon about but he still had Mark to contend with, knowing that the man was keeping an eye on him. To the wraith’s surprise, Jack’s second in command didn’t seek him out after the catastrophe in Hettiki’s room. Veyron snickered to himself, thinking about what her face must have looked like.
Comox wandered into the canteen a short while later, Just as the wraith finished the last bit of his sandwich.
“Hey kiddo, what’s happenin’?” he asked.
The Boldwing turned his head, spotting the wraith. Walking up to the table where the smaller dragon sat, he shrugged. “Not much. It’s been pretty quiet here. Find myself wandering about looking for something to do when Baxter doesn’t need any help.”
“I don’t get why you’ve continued to hide in that nerd’s office. It’s not like Zyra is here at the moment. Relax. Rejection hurts but, Christ, don’t sulk around like someone handed your tail to ya,” said the wraith, taking a sip of his coffee while he waited for the boldwing’s reaction.
Comox frowned, how on earth could Veyron know that? The little dragon must have seen him pin his sail back in irritation for the wraith sauntered up to him.
“Ohh….touchy, Comox.”
“How could you have known .. what… that I..?” he stumbled over his words.
“Well, kid, I have eyes and ears. I may be small but that doesn’t mean sh*t gets past me. I see how nervous you got around her. Golden boy too, fawning after her like a pup. Its no secret. I’m pretty sure the whole base knows. Besides, her quick departure from here to the other end of the earth and Ardon hightailing it to Scotland with the commander seemed to me like clear signs.”
Veyron could see that Comox tensing at what he had said. Reeling back, the wraith knew that he had to keep the Boldwing on his side if this war with Hitteki continued.
“Hey, I am only teasing ya. My nature,” he said with a faux grin. “I’m sure it will all be fine when the trio reunite once more.”
“Veyron?”
The little dragon looked up, green eyes wondering what would come out of the boldwing’s mouth.
“Did you put a stink bomb in Hitteki’s room?”

Comox had expected to see the dragon smirk or show some sort of hint that he was caught but the wraith furrowed his brow.
“A what?” he asked, looking genuinely confused. It threw Comox and he took a moment to continue. He explained what had happened in the Syrian dragon’s room. Veyron seemed genuinely surprised, asking questions about what happened in such a manner that it made the Boldwing question Hitteki’s assumption that it had been him.
“Sorry, Co. Can’t say I know what happened. Sounds like a rough go,” said Veyron, sipping his coffee again.
Comox gave a confused nod, and turned towards the kitchens, not knowing what else to say now that he had denied his accusation. As he contemplated the wraith’s answer, the Syrian dragon walked into the canteen.
“Hitteki,” he called over to her.
Hitteki frowned seeing the wraith in the canteen, the Syrian decided to avoid Veyron and get her breakfast, keeping close to the male.
"Hey Hitteki," said Comox quietly, looking over his shoulder but Veyron seemed not to be interested in watching either of them, "I asked Veyron about yesterday, you're right. He denied it but he did seem rather convincing... maybe it wasn't him?"
"Wraiths are good liars, thank you though for asking and looking out for me" Hitteki said with a small smile.
"No problem, Hitteki," said the Boldwing, letting out a breath through his nose, "I just wanted to figure out what happened. I know you said they're good lairs but he seemed... genuinely surprised."
"I have my doubts but I leave it there, I got no proof " The Syrian said.
Comox nodded, “Well, as the advice given to us by the others, don’t let him ruffle your feathers. He lives for that so if you don’t feed into it all the better for it.”

Back in Scotland Ardon was dozing in the garden behind the house after being fed a large lunch. The dragon was really enjoying being with Jack and his family. It was nice to see the man relaxed, enjoying the company of his kin after so many years being absent, having had avoided them for so long. It made the gold dragon superbly happy to have everyone reunited and he could see it on the man’s parent’s faces, Aileen especially, that they were delighted to have their son with them again.
The dragon was content in that regard and tried to keep those things forefront in his mind and not let the worries from back home take over too much. He tried not to think about it, knowing Jack could sense his melancholy through the link if it got bad enough. He simply wanted the man to enjoy this impromptu holiday here up on the coast.
Unread Jun 11th, 2017, 10:45 AM   #23
Aerazura
the listener

A day later Veyron sat on one of the tables in the canteen, enjoying a cup of coffee and a hot lunch. He was rather enjoying the base without Ardon about but he still had Mark to contend with, knowing that the man was keeping an eye on him. To the wraith’s surprise, Jack’s second in command didn’t seek him out after the catastrophe in Hettiki’s room. Veyron snickered to himself, thinking about what her face must have looked like.
Comox wandered into the canteen a short while later, Just as the wraith finished the last bit of his sandwich.
“Hey kiddo, what’s happenin’?” he asked.
The Boldwing turned his head, spotting the wraith. Walking up to the table where the smaller dragon sat, he shrugged. “Not much. It’s been pretty quiet here. Find myself wandering about looking for something to do when Baxter doesn’t need any help.”
“I don’t get why you’ve continued to hide in that nerd’s office. It’s not like Zyra is here at the moment. Relax. Rejection hurts but, Christ, don’t sulk around like someone handed your tail to ya,” said the wraith, taking a sip of his coffee while he waited for the boldwing’s reaction.
Comox frowned, how on earth could Veyron know that? The little dragon must have seen him pin his sail back in irritation for the wraith sauntered up to him.
“Ohh….touchy, Comox.”
“How could you have known .. what… that I..?” he stumbled over his words.
“Well, kid, I have eyes and ears. I may be small but that doesn’t mean sh*t gets past me. I see how nervous you got around her. Golden boy too, fawning after her like a pup. Its no secret. I’m pretty sure the whole base knows. Besides, her quick departure from here to the other end of the earth and Ardon hightailing it to Scotland with the commander seemed to me like clear signs.”
Veyron could see that Comox tensing at what he had said. Reeling back, the wraith knew that he had to keep the Boldwing on his side if this war with Hitteki continued.
“Hey, I am only teasing ya. My nature,” he said with a faux grin. “I’m sure it will all be fine when the trio reunite once more.”
“Veyron?”
The little dragon looked up, green eyes wondering what would come out of the boldwing’s mouth.
“Did you put a stink bomb in Hitteki’s room?”

Comox had expected to see the dragon smirk or show some sort of hint that he was caught but the wraith furrowed his brow.
“A what?” he asked, looking genuinely confused. It threw Comox and he took a moment to continue. He explained what had happened in the Syrian dragon’s room. Veyron seemed genuinely surprised, asking questions about what happened in such a manner that it made the Boldwing question Hitteki’s assumption that it had been him.
“Sorry, Co. Can’t say I know what happened. Sounds like a rough go,” said Veyron, sipping his coffee again.
Comox gave a confused nod, and turned towards the kitchens, not knowing what else to say now that he had denied his accusation. As he contemplated the wraith’s answer, the Syrian dragon walked into the canteen.
“Hitteki,” he called over to her.
Hitteki frowned seeing the wraith in the canteen, the Syrian decided to avoid Veyron and get her breakfast, keeping close to the male.
"Hey Hitteki," said Comox quietly, looking over his shoulder but Veyron seemed not to be interested in watching either of them, "I asked Veyron about yesterday, you're right. He denied it but he did seem rather convincing... maybe it wasn't him?"
"Wraiths are good liars, thank you though for asking and looking out for me" Hitteki said with a small smile.
"No problem, Hitteki," said the Boldwing, letting out a breath through his nose, "I just wanted to figure out what happened. I know you said they're good lairs but he seemed... genuinely surprised."
"I have my doubts but I leave it there, I got no proof " The Syrian said.
Comox nodded, “Well, as the advice given to us by the others, don’t let him ruffle your feathers. He lives for that so if you don’t feed into it all the better for it.”

Back in Scotland Ardon was dozing in the garden behind the house after being fed a large lunch. The dragon was really enjoying being with Jack and his family. It was nice to see the man relaxed, enjoying the company of his kin after so many years being absent, having had avoided them for so long. It made the gold dragon superbly happy to have everyone reunited and he could see it on the man’s parent’s faces, Aileen especially, that they were delighted to have their son with them again.
The dragon was content in that regard and tried to keep those things forefront in his mind and not let the worries from back home take over too much. He tried not to think about it, knowing Jack could sense his melancholy through the link if it got bad enough. He simply wanted the man to enjoy this impromptu holiday here up on the coast.
Unread Jun 12th, 2017, 12:15 PM   #24
IapetusCas
Black & White

The base was still quiet as the main senior staff and many others were off, the canteen was eerily quiet, no bustling of staff as empty chairs and tables greeted Hitteki, even Toby and some of his chefs were off, only the second in charge was in with a dozen or so staff to help.
Hitteki sat with her food and drink and sighed lightly.
“Too quiet” she muttered lightly.
Vonriir trotted into the canteen. "It's far too quiet in here. I miss the chatter." He said, hearing the small dragon comment on the quietness.
Hitteki looked up at the massive dragon as he spoke about missing everyone, the base was dead considering the main senior staff were off and even Toby was on holiday.
“It is amazing how quiet it gets within this organization, an important facility being this quiet is a little unnerving” Hitteki replied.
"I agree. Not that I'm wishing for the usual sort of excitement, calm is good. I just miss all the people." Said the large dragon, sitting down.
Hitteki nodded lightly.
“You are a people person dragon, aren’t you?” she asked the large crag back.
Vonriir laughed, "I guess I could be. Any friendly company is good company."
“You like it here too much, you be a little lost returning to Kilara, you have a big purpose here and are an important dragon for the guardian program” Hitteki said smiling.
"What are you trying to say, little miss?" asked Vonriir with a smile as he laid down and crossed his paws.
Hitteki tapped him on the paw for calling her little.
"You recall our deal, no little miss or I call you big von" Hitteki said chuckling lightly.
"Apologies, it slipped my mind for a moment," chuckled the dragon.
Hitteki wondered if Vonriir missed his family, the Syrian female missed hers but she knew she was representing her species and clan, pride and stubbornness kept her on task and focussed.
"Do you not miss your family or the free life in Kilara?" Enquired Hitteki.
"Crag backs don't live in close groups and I don't have much connection with my mountain dragon lineage," said the dragon.
“Hrmm I see” Hitteki said as the dragons chatted lightly among themselves.

Melina had a adventure packed time at her mother’s but the holiday was coming to an end, she had slept in a bit, unawares that Zyra had been up, dressed and been downstairs to fetch Melina something to drink.
"Mel?" Called Zyra, setting down a cup of tea on the night stand. "Mel wake up. I brought you some tea."
Melina woke up and yawned stretching, looking at the clock.
“Blimey, 8am, that’s a lie in for me, hope you haven’t let me sleep in or miss breakfast” Melina replied, sitting up to drink her tea.
"No, breakfast should be ready in half an hour so you haven't missed it." Said Zyra.
Melina nodded lightly.
“Ah that is good” Melina said taking a sip of her tea, she smiled as it was her favourite, her mother never like any other tea than stuff from the UK.
“Mum always buys the same tea, she gets it from the import shop, Emilie was saying when shes in the UK she brings home a luggage case full” The professor said.
"Oh we should have brought her some. I didn't think of asking." Admitted Zyra. "Next time though."
“Yeah, we can” Melina said checking her calendar on her smart phone.
“4 more days here then its back to the airport and back home” Melina said in a slightly sad tone of voice.
"You can always come back, Mel. I'd miss you but it would make more sense to visit your family alone." Offered Zyra.
Melina shook her head lightly, knowing Zyra would be missed by her family.
“Your part of the family now, no Zyra no Melina, I just worry about keeping you in that form, I guess if the machine stable you could change for the visits” Melina replied, but she did not seem keen on the idea.
Zyra wasn't either, as much as it was useful she really didn't like being this way. "We will figure out something one way or another”.
Melina nodded lightly.
“Yeah, be glad to be a dragon again I bet, least Larissa hasn’t asked you to race her again” Melina laughed lightly, taking another sip of her tea.
"No," Zyra smiled sheepishly. "I really shouldn't have done that. I feel bad about it now."
Melina smiled.
“Why?, you did well besides, nice to have some advantages being human” Melina said.
"Yeah but there's nothing worse than being shown up at something that you've worked all your life towards." Said Zyra empathetically.
Melina understood where Zyra was coming from, but knew Larissa was not like that, she was pretty stubborn and competitive but she wouldn’t hold a grudge over Zyra.
“Larissa isn’t like that, she train harder and perhaps encourage you to join a running club, she was impressed with you, your family” Melina smiled.
Zyra nodded, understanding. "I'm more ways than they know." She said with a wry smile.
Melina laughed.
“Oh I could take you if I did not have a nice cup of tea and wasn’t just wearing night Pj’s though I could just throw them off and just take you down” Melina teased lightly, just imagining Zyra’s reaction if she actually did that.
"Let's not try," laughed Zyra. "Bring your tea and let's head down for breakfast."
Melina laughed making chicken noises at Zyra and sticking out her tongue teasingly as she continued.
"No, don't you start," said Zyra, pointing at her as she made her way to the door. "I have enough of that to deal with back home."
Melina laughed still doing the noises as she got out of bed, teasing the white-haired woman, “So much for my dragoness being a wee brave lass” Melina said sticking her tongue out.
"Goodbyeeee Mel," replied Zyra, pretending to shut the door behind her and she headed for the stairs.
Melina shook her head as Zyra left, Melina assuming the woman had gone downstairs.
“I can see why Ardon has fun, Oh Zy” Melina chuckled lightly as she turned around to tidy the bed.
While Melina tidied her bed Zyra made her way downstairs where Suzanne was cooking breakfast, Daryl had left for work and Jason had also gone.
Suzanne looked over her shoulder to see Zyra come down and sit at the table.
“Is Melina up Zyra?” the woman asked.
"She's just getting ready. She'll be down in a minute." Zyra explained.
“Ah good, I hate her not to eat, since you guys will be travelling back to the UK soon, I want to make the most of my daughter and my adopted daughter” Suzanne said with a smile.
Zyra smiled. "It's been wonderful to be here. Thank you all for including me."
“Oh, it’s the least I can do, you brought my daughter to me, your more than welcome back anytime Zyra, you know that, its crazy to think you been here 3 weeks, but amazing 3 weeks” she said as she went about the kitchen cooking and preparing food.
"I agree wholeheartedly." Nodded Zyra with a smile. "It's been wonderful to get to know you after hearing so much."
Suzanne smiled as Melina came down with the girls, “Well now your all here I can get you girls fed and watered then off on adventures” Suzanne said as the girls sat down and began chatting.
Unread Jun 12th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #25
Aerazura
the listener

Eventually the woman came down and the clan was reunited for the start of their day. Omlettes were served up, alongside fresh fruit salad and hot coffee. There had been no definite plans made for the day as they had been so busy the week before. Today was going to be a swing day to do what they wanted.
Shortly before everyone finished breakfast Melina’s phone began to ring. Zyra had seen the woman look a bit confused as she read the caller ID before excusing herself to the other room.
"I hope that's not work. Anything short of a disaster can wait," said Zyra as the woman walked away. “We only have four more days so they better not have burnt the place down.”
The woman really hoped nothing disastrous had gone on but Torchwood really had been quiet for the last little while. They were about due for some chaos.
"I am sure it is not Zyra, I am sure it be fine" Larissa said to the white haired woman.
“Yeah,” nodded the girl, taking the last sip of the orange juice that had been offered to her. “That was delicious by the way. These home cooked meals have been lovely.”
Zyra was really enjoying her time with Melina’s family despite the anxiousness being in this state left her in.
She turned as Melina came back into the room.
"Hey that was Martin, he's in our neck of the woods, he moved out here before mum and dad, wants to meet up for a coffee and a walk" Melina said as Suzanne smiled.
"Ahh, lovely lad he was, it's good to see your friend before you go home" she said, Melina looked at Zyra with a question in her expression.
"I'll hang here with your family. You go catch up and we will all meet up later?" Suggested Zyra, knowing that Melina would be okay on her own and didn’t need her following her about especially when getting together with childhood friends.
"You sure?" Melina asked.
“Yeah, I’m sure,” Zyra nodded.
"She be fine, can hang with us, we can tell her all your embarrassing stories" Emilie said as the sisters laughed.
"Oh yes I might have a few good ones to share." The girl teased, leaning back in her chair. "You go enjoy your time with Martin."
"Alright I shoot off" Melina said waving as Suzanne joked, "I get the photo album out" as Melina rolled her eyes as the girls laughed.
"So Zyra, you enjoyed your time here, we have dragged you around places" Ellis saiod with a smile. "Been great having you and bring our lost sister home" Emilie said.
The girls dissolved into chatter. Without Melina around they could poke and ask questions that she would have avoided. Zyra was good, however, only ever divulging what Melina would deem appropriate.
It was a few hours later when a feeling began to grow in Zyra’s chest. She felt worried, an anxious state suddenly take over and she didn’t know where it had come from so out of the blue. Then it changed. The dragoness-turned-human knew then that her Attilu was somehow in danger. She stood up from where she had been sitting with the others on the couch, looking out towards the window.
"Zyra, are you ok?" Suzanne asking noticing the woman's behaviour change.
The girl realized she hadn’t known where Melina had intended to go but the pull was there. Suddenly Zyra vaulted over the coffee table and raced into the kitchen, throwing on her shoes before bolting out the door.
"Zyra, wait! Zyra!" The girls shouted but Zy was long gone before they could tell her to stop. Something was wrong and she would not wait for anyone, not now.
Zyra had raced through the back yard and towards the field, the bond between her and Melina acting like a compass, pulling the white haired girl in the right direction. Ducking under the wire fence that lead to the cow fields, Zyra ran as fast as she could, praying to the stars that Melina was okay.
She felt strange, the panic in her was constant but now there was something else flowing through her. Looking down at her arm as she ran, the girl could see that there were streaks of opalescence across her skin, almost looking like her scales. They glowed slightly before light took over the woman as the cows abruptly ran in fright from where they had looked up to see what the commotion was.
Wings rose out from her back, unfurling to their full length as horns flowed back from her head, her body changing out of its own accord. Scales smooth and glossy rose from where pale skin had been and her soft nails were now glinting white talons. Zyra stumbled to the ground on all fours, feeling like herself again; shimmering with the glittering light of Brathille. She did not take the time to question what had just happened instead she ran and launched herself in the air, racing towards where the bond lead her as pale light streaked behind her.