The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Entertainment Discussion > Other Entertainment > Movies, Television, and Other Animation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: PONIES???
*brohoof* 24 68.57%
Meh. 7 20.00%
KILL IT WITH FIRE! 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread Apr 13th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #51
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Oh she's lovely. Nice purchase^^
Unread Apr 15th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #52
SophieCub
Actress in the Making!

Whats the newest episode? I've not been keeping up to date, lately.
Unread Apr 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #53
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

The season finale was awesome!

The songs, the villain, everything. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself for the next 4 or 5 months while I wait for season 3 to kick off, but these last two episodes were just really freaking cool.

The end of the first episode had me giggling madly at how badass the villain was. And the end of the second had me feeling like I'd just got done watching a classic Disney flick. To be honest, the whole thing felt like it was produced by Disney; between the songs and the voice of Princess Cadence, I just felt like I was watching an MLP episode done by Disney. Which is a good thing, of course!

In all honesty, my biggest complaint was that it wasn't a feature length film. Pretty much all of the things that I felt weren't done as well were just rushed because they only had ~45 minutes to get the whole story in. If they'd turned this into a film instead of a season finale (or made the season finale a film), I'd have been more than okay with that.

Also: Vinyl Scratch's eye color has been officially revealed! (I know, I'm probably the only one here who actually cares. Leave me alone! ;__;) Unfortunately, it's still really hard to tell what they actually are because of how far out the shot is. It looks closer to the purple/magenta that people found in the flash game from the website that was made for the S2 finale than the fan-favorite bright red, but it's honestly hard to tell the exact color.

Personally, I still like the idea that her eyes are bright red a lot better (I just loved the contrast it gave between her hair and eyes), so I'll just have to adjust my headcanon a bit. Hair dye is already a canon thing, so I'll just say that VS dyed her hair blue, and puts in red contacts when her glasses are off to make them stand out from her hair more. Or something. I dunno. Lol.

|~| "It's an INSANITY thing. You wouldn't understand." |~|
Unread Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:08 AM   #54
Sassy

There is the clip I believe. They seem more blood red than purple to me. I actually like them.

The new episode was definitely a success. I'm praying that the season finale for season three are those cutie mark crusaders finally getting their cutie marks. I am dying to know. :E *Sits and twiddles paws waiting for the release*

EDIT: Sorry, broken link.

Last edited by Sassy : Apr 23rd, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
Unread Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM   #55
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

The wedding episode was so epic. Season 2 went out with even more of a bang than Season 1 did.
Unread Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:21 AM   #56
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Yeah, as soon as the 1080p came out on Youtube, I was all over the clip. Haha. Reading the comments on the video didn't help at all because it basically turned into a flame-fest between the people convinced that they were red, and the people who were convinced they're magenta.

I dunno. They looked closer to magenta than red to me. Makes me wish I had a bigger screen to watch it on. :p There were some saying that it was just because it was dark, and there was shade over her and stuff like that, but I did a side-by-side comparison of a couple other character's eyes in that scene and in bright, sunny scenes, and there was no differences between the two. :/

But yeah, I'm totally with you on the thing with the CMC. I've been waiting to see them finally figure out what their talents are right from the time they appeared. I'd love if, when that happens, they did a reprise of the song they did for the talent show in The Show Stoppers, but with each of them in the role they were meant to play.

Also, we've seen Applebloom and Sweetie Belle centric episodes; where's the Scootaloo love? I definitely want to see more of Scootaloo, specifically more scooter-related scenes. The scene in The Show Stoppers with her shredding through town on her scooter is still one of my favorite scenes from the show to date. So cool! :3

Unread Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:55 PM   #57
Mirage
~* Carpe Diem *~

I tried to avoid this show. I really did. I was absolutely dead set against it as I'm a diehard fan of the 1980's ponies. Gusty, Fizzy, Wind Whistler, etc. I have all the DVD's released and the movie and still have many of my ponies from when I was a girl. I did have a ton of them (including Paradise Estate), but a lot of them were messed up during a chemical leak in our basement in Alaska. *sad*

About a week ago I noticed the new show on Netflix. I couldn't help myself. I had to see what all the fuss was about, that and I'd read this thread and saw how many of you liked it. I have to admit, it's pretty well done. I made my husband watch it with me (got married in January btw whoo hoo!), and he even laughed at the pink one. Pinkie Pie? She's freaking hilarious. I don't have a favorite pony or anything, but I did like Rarity and Fluttershy. They're all very well done characters, though.

I'm still trying to separate this show from what ponies has always been to me (based on growing up with them in the 80's). I'm not sure how into the show I'll get, but I am glad I gave it a chance. We'll see.
Unread Apr 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #58
Jinglez
DERP!

Have to say, I never really expected to like the show. but i watched a few episodes simply to see what the heck everyone was talking about and I really enjoy watching it now. I've even got my Boyfriend watching and liking it. The only thing that really bothers me is that ALL of the Celestia toys are PINK, like seriously? last time I checked she was white. The one that talks bothers me the most though, over half of her phrases are so self centered and that's not what she's about at all.

DeviantArt
FurAffinity
Unread Apr 30th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #59
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitiara
The one that talks bothers me the most though, over half of her phrases are so self centered and that's not what she's about at all.
... OR IS IT? O_____o

Unread Apr 30th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #60
Jinglez
DERP!

O_O *hides*

DeviantArt
FurAffinity
Unread May 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM   #61
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitiara
Have to say, I never really expected to like the show. but i watched a few episodes simply to see what the heck everyone was talking about and I really enjoy watching it now. I've even got my Boyfriend watching and liking it. The only thing that really bothers me is that ALL of the Celestia toys are PINK, like seriously? last time I checked she was white. The one that talks bothers me the most though, over half of her phrases are so self centered and that's not what she's about at all.

I have heard about the Celestia toy having awful lines. Between that and the pink thing, maybe the Celestia toy is Celestia's vain twin. Good news is that there will finally be a white Celestia toy at Toys R' Us in the fall though.
Unread May 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #62
Jinglez
DERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koudoawaia
I have heard about the Celestia toy having awful lines. Between that and the pink thing, maybe the Celestia toy is Celestia's vain twin. Good news is that there will finally be a white Celestia toy at Toys R' Us in the fall though.
Might have to pick up one of those if I can afford it. lol.

DeviantArt
FurAffinity
Unread May 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #63
Annie
Was Maggot

I really don't like the new G4 ponies. I've been collecting the G1s (and sometimes G3) solidly since I knew what a pony was. I really don't like it when people say I only like MLP because it's the cool thing right now. No, I liked it when it was a dorky show for little girls.

G1 ponies, all the way.
Unread May 15th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #64
lily-faun

I actually managed to get a hold of Pinkie Pie and Applejack in town. My sister and I curled Pinkie's hair because it didn't seem right so long and, well, uncurly...

Possible spoiler alert

Did any of you guys know that John De Lancie has spoken of a possible return?
Unread May 16th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #65
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Actually, I believe that De Lancie's return is confirmed at this point. It was at a semi-recent Brony convention, if I remember correctly. A lot of people assumed (or hoped) that Discord would be making a return in the Season 2 finale, but as that didn't happen, he's definitely gonna be in Season 3 somewhere. Which makes me happy (even though the wait may just kill me; ha). :]

Unread May 17th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #66
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Oh gosh that would be so awesome. Somebody on the MLPArena heard from John DeLancie at a convention that he'd like to do a documentary on bronies too.
Unread May 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #67
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

So I, um... I did a thing, you guys.

You should, like, totally check it out 'n stuff.

Unread May 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #68
Quill
mama lioness

I'm gradually coming over to the Bright Side.
Unread Jun 7th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #69
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Uploaded another cover if anyone's interested. I did Smile Smile Smile this time.

Apparently I never connected to my new mic on the last recording, but I made sure to do that this time around, so the sound quality on my voice is a lot nicer in this one.

Unread Jun 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #70
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Just got a Fluttershy shirt from WeLoveFine on Monday and am wearing it right now. It's humongous and I love it, haha. It came with awesome extras like a cutout of Derpy in her paper bag costume and a huge Rainbow Dash bag and a 10% off coupon. Definitely going to get another pony shirt from them sometime. They're awesome.
Unread Jun 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #71
lily-faun

Wow, that's a brilliant deal, Koudoa!

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I managed to get Pinkie Pie. Applejack too. And a couple of days back I obtained Rarity too, so I own half of the "mane cast" in figures! All that's left is Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy (the last two I am most eager to get).
Unread Jan 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #72
Drago
This is a legit screengrab.

Ratha = Thumbs up!

Edit: Damnit people, stop liking and updating old threads. you're making me look like the idiot here. :p
Closed Thread