The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussion > Personal Profiles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Nov 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #1
TheDude
The Bay Harbor Butcher

Old member, back from the dead, here for brains

So hey, I'm Kelly, and back in the day I used to use TLKFAA anytime I could get to it on my parents old-as-fudge-Gateway. I've been clean for 5 years now, with no relapsing. I've had an account here in the past as well, which is still hanging around as a testament to my awkward, formative years as a teenager. I really don't know who gave me a keyboard and allowed me online. Sometimes I go back and read my old posts so I can point and laugh at myself, and then start weeping and trying to find my happy place again. My white ball of healing light.

Last year, I tried out MLK. That was, um, fun (still is, as long as I have an account, I can drop bombs on the unsuspecting and flee, amirite?). And now I'm back, I guess. It's all Sillydogs fault.

I'm just about to graduate art school with a BFA in Illustration, if all goes well. I'm a freelance illustrator, aiming for a career in visual development, so we'll see where that goes. See links below for my portfolio, facebook fanpage, blog, and DA account. I'm still into TLK, though not quite as much as I once was.

So... yeah ok that's it. My moment of wanting to write stuff is gone. And here's hoping I don't accidentally slip up, drop a curse or two and get banned!
Unread Dec 1st, 2012, 04:45 AM   #2
Kasei
Lurker Extraordinarre

Hey there, welcome back! Am I feeding your habit by welcoming you? I feel like I recognize your work but I can't place it. Did you ever go by another username around here or the FAA?

Hope the schooling=job after school thing goes well for you, illustration is something I would love to get into but there is no way I'm going back to school--gonna have to do it the hard way I suppose. I'm more interested in doing it as a book illustrator or something, not necessarily the more competitive and edgy advertising/design/entertainment illustration. That's for pros like you.

KaseySnow.com
TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Facebook

“Without some goals and some efforts to reach them, no man can live." ~John Dewey
Kasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM   #3
ClearGreenWater
Freakishly Infamous Acronym

....Everything's a ****ing travesty with you! >:(

You reminded me to test out the curse-block stars, lol.

Welcome back to Lilymud! It isn't half as busy as MLK here, that's the downside, but the upside is at least the people who do come around aren't begging to be trolled like shooting fish in a barrel

I can't believe you're graduating though, omg :C I can honestly say though that you are one of the people I'm really, honestly confident is going to be able use your degree and have professional success. A lot of people who start out in the TLK fandom do go for art, but I don't sense a career in it for them even if they do complete the degree and draw extremely well. I legitimately think you'll own that **** in the future. Good luck graduating, navigating those first couple years, and establishing yourself!

Finally, *******. It's the one basic curse I haven't tried out yet in this post. Possibly to the effect of, "sorry if I have been a pompous one at times". I still say Sillydog 2012

Good to see you here!

Last edited by ClearGreenWater : Dec 1st, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
ClearGreenWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Sillydog The Great

I Missed You Hi
Unread Dec 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Ratha
Queen of the Nightmare Fuel

Hay

If I haven't been banned yet, you probably won't be either.

Ratha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 1st, 2012, 10:36 PM   #6
TheDude
The Bay Harbor Butcher

Using the forum on two shots of Nyquil like a baws cause I have the flu hooray time for replies! Feelin' good, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasei
Hey there, welcome back! Am I feeding your habit by welcoming you? I feel like I recognize your work but I can't place it. Did you ever go by another username around here or the FAA?

Hope the schooling=job after school thing goes well for you, illustration is something I would love to get into but there is no way I'm going back to school--gonna have to do it the hard way I suppose. I'm more interested in doing it as a book illustrator or something, not necessarily the more competitive and edgy advertising/design/entertainment illustration. That's for pros like you.

YES. YOU ARE FEEDING IT STOP. STOP NOW. I CAN FEEL MY RESOLVE SLIPPING AT THIS VERY AS WE SPEAK MOMENT.

I did have another username on TLKFAA and on here, Ozy. I started back in '02. ****-**** long time ago (oh look at that, the stars are out tonight!). Idk if you and I ever crossed paths, and if we did and I forgot, I AM SO SORRY.

And honestly, about 50% of illustrators I see out there didn't even go to school and it's something that pisses the rest of us off like none other. Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearGreenWater
....Everything's a ****ing travesty with you! >:(

You reminded me to test out the curse-block stars, lol.

Welcome back to Lilymud! It isn't half as busy as MLK here, that's the downside, but the upside is at least the people who do come around aren't begging to be trolled like shooting fish in a barrel

I can't believe you're graduating though, omg :C I can honestly say though that you are one of the people I'm really, honestly confident is going to be able use your degree and have professional success. A lot of people who start out in the TLK fandom do go for art, but I don't sense a career in it for them even if they do complete the degree and draw extremely well. I legitimately think you'll own that **** in the future. Good luck graduating, navigating those first couple years, and establishing yourself!

Finally, *******. It's the one basic curse I haven't tried out yet in this post. Possibly to the effect of, "sorry if I have been a pompous one at times". I still say Sillydog 2012

Good to see you here!

WELL I LOVE YOU TOO, CGW SHEEZUS.

Holy crap MLK man. Good to hear that the population here has more than two brain cells collectively. I'm sorry. That was mean. I've said I'm sorry too many times in this post already. I'm sorry.

And AW SHUCKS GURL THANKS A BAJILLION. It's really nice to hear that for real. I will do my best to own that **** in your honor. I AM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT THAT CURSE IS. Can we play a rhyming game?

SILLYDOG 2012 AND 2013 AND FOEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillydog The Great
I Missed You Hi

You miss me hi? What about when I'm sober? I miss you hi too, my sweet sweet sillydog. My replies are getting less coherent as I go. ONLY ONE MORE THUMBS UP LETS GO THIS. I MEAN DO THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratha
Hay

If I haven't been banned yet, you probably won't be either.

HO BOY IS THAT GOOD TO HEAR. I suppose I'm just used to breathing wrong and subsequently being permabanhammered over in the motherland-MLK-ahem. If you want the lulz and the bans, that is the place to be. Hurr hurr.
Unread Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Kasei
Lurker Extraordinarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude

YES. YOU ARE FEEDING IT STOP. STOP NOW. I CAN FEEL MY RESOLVE SLIPPING AT THIS VERY AS WE SPEAK MOMENT.

I did have another username on TLKFAA and on here, Ozy. I started back in '02. ****-**** long time ago (oh look at that, the stars are out tonight!). Idk if you and I ever crossed paths, and if we did and I forgot, I AM SO SORRY.

And honestly, about 50% of illustrators I see out there didn't even go to school and it's something that pisses the rest of us off like none other. Thanks for the welcome!

Yessss my plan of lilymud-enabling is working, muahaha!

And if we did cross paths it was probably in stealth mode on my part as I have always been more of a lurker than active participant in fandom. Mostly because I'm so busy in real life that by the time I can make all the rounds to check online things I've already missed everything. *shrug* Anyway I've been around since 2003 so that's probably why I feel like I've seen your stuff before.

On the illustration note, the only reason I don't want to go back to school is because I JUST finished paying off my student loans and there is no way I ever want to have to do that again...so sorry in advance if I ever do somehow miraculously get published and as a result tick you off. It will not be my intention, I assure you. :}

Sorry to hear about your flu-ness, hope you feel better soon!

KaseySnow.com
TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Facebook

“Without some goals and some efforts to reach them, no man can live." ~John Dewey
Kasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM   #8
TheDude
The Bay Harbor Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasei
Yessss my plan of lilymud-enabling is working, muahaha!

And if we did cross paths it was probably in stealth mode on my part as I have always been more of a lurker than active participant in fandom. Mostly because I'm so busy in real life that by the time I can make all the rounds to check online things I've already missed everything. *shrug* Anyway I've been around since 2003 so that's probably why I feel like I've seen your stuff before.

On the illustration note, the only reason I don't want to go back to school is because I JUST finished paying off my student loans and there is no way I ever want to have to do that again...so sorry in advance if I ever do somehow miraculously get published and as a result tick you off. It will not be my intention, I assure you. :}

Sorry to hear about your flu-ness, hope you feel better soon!

Loans. Augh I know that feel, bro. And I'd do the exact same thing as you. Once this is over, I will be spending the rest of my life repaying the almighty loan people + interest. Though if you do get published? PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN SUPPORT YOU! I may grumble and mumble while I do it, but I'll be happy deep down inside cause I like seeing illustrators make it, especially the way things are these days.
Unread Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Sillydog The Great

LOANS -hisses-

I'm already paying off mine. Had to drop out of school ;A;
Unread Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #10
TheDude
The Bay Harbor Butcher

Quote:
LOANS -hisses-

I'm already paying off mine. Had to drop out of school ;A;

In a nutshell:

Unread Dec 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Sillydog The Great

Quote:
In a nutshell:

-man jumping out a window gif-

My life is in ruins.

Unread Dec 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #12
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Hello! I have never seen or heard of you in my life. Which means that you're a stranger. But they say "there's no such thing as strangers when a stranger says hello". So that means that we're no longer strangers, which means that--under my mother's rules--I'm now allowed to talk to you. Which further means that we are in a neutral relationship with the potential to become a friendship. And since I don't believe in "try", I am confident that we will become friends.

Therefore: we are now, for all intents and purposes, friends.

That's logic.

|~| "It's an INSANITY thing. You wouldn't understand." |~|
Blitz Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 8th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #13
TheDude
The Bay Harbor Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Rogue
Hello! I have never seen or heard of you in my life. Which means that you're a stranger. But they say "there's no such thing as strangers when a stranger says hello". So that means that we're no longer strangers, which means that--under my mother's rules--I'm now allowed to talk to you. Which further means that we are in a neutral relationship with the potential to become a friendship. And since I don't believe in "try", I am confident that we will become friends.

Therefore: we are now, for all intents and purposes, friends.

That's logic.

Haha I can get behind that logic. And now that we're not strangers anymore, I've got some great candy in my van if you wanna share it with me!
Unread Dec 9th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #14
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Quote:
Haha I can get behind that logic. And now that we're not strangers anymore, I've got some great candy in my van if you wanna share it with me!
If there's candy, I am there!

|~| "It's an INSANITY thing. You wouldn't understand." |~|
Blitz Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #15
Brie

Ooh, ooh! I remember you! Welcome back!!!
It's like so may of us are coming back at once under new aliases. LoL.

Weasyl ... DeviantArt ... TLKFAA

AKA Zentina

Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #16
Sillydog The Great

I'm still the same Sillydog lol.
Unread Dec 12th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #17
TheDude
The Bay Harbor Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie
Ooh, ooh! I remember you! Welcome back!!!
It's like so may of us are coming back at once under new aliases. LoL.

You remember me?

How embarrassing, I had some big self-confidence issues back then, really shouldn't have been allowed to use the internet haha
Thank you for the welcome back, and yeah, if anyone else is under a new name, I probably wouldn't be able to figure out who they were unless they hit me in the head with a 2x4.

Quote:
I'm still the same Sillydog lol.

No you're not, you're Sillydog the GREAT now. Totally different.