The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Help Centre > Share Your Tips!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM   #1
vitani333
Ello, gov'na

Windows Movie Maker Help

Hi ^^
Er.. where do I begin? Well.. Ive been working on a video in windows movie maker. Everything was going swell. It saved preperly, ect.. Until I closed it down. When I tried bringing it up again, the video began to load.. then stopped about 75% of the way through. I left the room, figuring it would eventually load. I left for about half an hour then came back. It hadn't made any progress. I clicked "cancel" and the program crashed. I had promised a few people I'd show them this video once I was done.. It's a bit irritating. Can anybody help me? ^^''
vitani333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Gerf
fhgwhgads

Does it do this every time you try to load it up? Does it look like there's a particular file it's getting hung up on?
Unread Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #3
vitani333
Ello, gov'na

It loads pretty much every file fine, exept for this one I've been working on. I think it may be too big, but then again, I have bigger videos that load with ease.
Unread Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Gerf
fhgwhgads

Can you open it with any other program? Perhaps it's corrupted for some reason..?

If it's possible to recreate the file from its original source, maybe you could give that a try, too. Sometimes glitchy files can take down a program without any real explanation.

And I can't stop watching the picture in your sig for some reason. :|
Unread Feb 24th, 2009, 05:58 AM   #5
Rainbow Fountains
Bring on the TRUMPETS!

Windows movie maker gets corrupted really easily, see if you can open it with anything else. Also, the images, clips and audio you were using were they from your computer? They weren't directly off a camera or USB stick or mp3 player or something? because just taking files straight from them and putting the on movie maker doesn't mean they will still be there when you unplug the devices.

You could try moving the file, save it to USB or email it and see if it opens in movie maker on another computer, school perhaps.

Also try re-saving it, when you said you saved it do you mean as a project file (a work in progress, something you save as you go along, like you would when writting and essay or drawing in photoshop etc) or did you save it as something that can be uploaded onto youtube or whatever. If that's the case then just open the old project file and try saving it for the web again, perhaps make serveral copies, alter the size and quality of the file and see if that makes a difference.
Rainbow Fountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Gerf
fhgwhgads

Any luck?
Unread Feb 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #7
vitani333
Ello, gov'na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerf
Can you open it with any other program? Perhaps it's corrupted for some reason..?

If it's possible to recreate the file from its original source, maybe you could give that a try, too. Sometimes glitchy files can take down a program without any real explanation.

Hmmm. Well, Mindow Media Player certainly doesn't support the filetype, so I cant tell if it's corrupted. I'm not really sure whatother programs I could open them in. Any suggestions?

Replying to the second comment, I did try to recreate the video. The only problem is, that would mean another day of work. I'll attempt that during the weekend, when Ive got the time LOL.

Quote:
And I can't stop watching the picture in your sig for some reason. :|
Buahaha. Ember ish assaulting yo mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Fountains

Windows movie maker gets corrupted really easily, see if you can open it with anything else. Also, the images, clips and audio you were using were they from your computer? They weren't directly off a camera or USB stick or mp3 player or something? because just taking files straight from them and putting the on movie maker doesn't mean they will still be there when you unplug the devices.

Nope, it's all files from my computer ^^

Quote:

You could try moving the file, save it to USB or email it and see if it opens in movie maker on another computer, school perhaps.
My school's a bit whiny about what you do on the computers.. So that's ruled out ^^'

Quote:

Also try re-saving it, when you said you saved it do you mean as a project file (a work in progress, something you save as you go along, like you would when writting and essay or drawing in photoshop etc) or did you save it as something that can be uploaded onto youtube or whatever. If that's the case then just open the old project file and try saving it for the web again, perhaps make serveral copies, alter the size and quality of the file and see if that makes a difference.
It's saved as a project file ;3

Thanks for helping, guys. I appreciate it! I just hope we can sort this out ^^
Unread Feb 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #8
Gerf
fhgwhgads

Hmm... if WMP can't open it, then WMM definitely won't be able to.

So, if I'm understanding you right, there's a particular video clip that you're using in your WMM project that causes it to crash, right? What if you moved that offending clip elsewhere, made a copy of a movie clip that does work, renamed it to the same name as the offending clip, then tried opening your movie? I know that is probably confusing, so, like...

Video that is broken: foo.wmv
Some other video that is not broken: bar.wmv

Step 1: move foo.wmv somewhere else on your computer
Step 2: make a copy of bar.wmv and rename it to foo.wmv
Step 3: open WMM
Step 4: ???
Step 5: profit?

And yes, Ember kept distracting me as I typed this. Repeatedly.
Unread Feb 28th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #9
vitani333
Ello, gov'na

Quote:
Hmm... if WMP can't open it, then WMM definitely won't be able to.

So, if I'm understanding you right, there's a particular video clip that you're using in your WMM project that causes it to crash, right? What if you moved that offending clip elsewhere, made a copy of a movie clip that does work, renamed it to the same name as the offending clip, then tried opening your movie? I know that is probably confusing, so, like...

Video that is broken: foo.wmv
Some other video that is not broken: bar.wmv

Step 1: move foo.wmv somewhere else on your computer
Step 2: make a copy of bar.wmv and rename it to foo.wmv
Step 3: open WMM
Step 4: ???
Step 5: profit?

And yes, Ember kept distracting me as I typed this. Repeatedly.

Hmm. Well, I'm not sure if I was precice enough with my problem, sorry for any misunderstandings. There aren't actually any vidoes in the video, it's a slideshow of image
I'm putting together for someone ^^. Ive checked all the images, and the song in the video. They're all working fine. :/ However, I have a zillion transitions and effects. Do you think that may be causing this?
Unread Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Gerf
fhgwhgads

Mmmm... yeah, that could be it. Somewhere along the line, something may have gotten mucked up.

I wonder... what happens if you move all the images/music into another directory, then try opening the WMM project file? (Of course, make a backup of it first.) I haven't used WMM in a while, but if it asks you to locate all the "missing" files, maybe you can select each one, one by one, and "reconstruct" your movie that way. Unfortunately, it would require that you recall the exact order you originally put the files in, and it may not even work that way at all. But maybe it's worth a shot..?
Unread Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM   #11
Zazulover1
Homicidal Maniac

Once when I tried to save a music video I did, but it only go to a certain point and then the time left kept going up. I had to divide the video in half and save half of it. Then I put the half I saved with the other half and saved that. Maybe that'll work.
Zazulover1 is offline   Reply With Quote