The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > The Lion King/SP Roleplay > The Lion King S-RPG
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #26
Katari

I'm not Snowy, takashari, so these aren't official answers by any means, but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takashari
I'm toying with the thought of taking Kovu...however I have a question before I commit, if more than one person wants a FC will auditions be held?

I do believe that it's a first come, first serve setup for the FCs, so you could take Kovu if you'd care to lay a claim to him.

Quote:
On an unrelated note, what of the other Outlanders, Scruffy, Dotty, etc...? Will they be permitted or no?
I think "yes" is the answer for this one; if you'd like to take one of these characters, then it's permitted.
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #27
simbamarasa
smile like you mean it...

Location: 2nd termite mound on the right & straight on 'tll morning...
i wish i was good at role-play or i would ask to be included, but i'm not, so i won't. i'll be watching tho...
Unread Dec 29th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #28
SergeAnei
Experiencing a blackout from Stump highnotes*

Uhness....What's and FC? I was thinking about using a charie I had from one of my fanfics. I had named her Shetani, but I wasn't to sure about that name cause many would say that Shetani was just a knock-off of Vitani, but in the Fanfic, I had her the twin of Vitani, then I used her as the cub of Vitani but thinking back on the movie, I wouldn't think that Vitani would have a cub yet...unless..

OMG! Can I hope Kopa!? I LURVE KOPA!!!!

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #29
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwolf77
I actually had something for that worked out...since Kovu really does seem to bear some family resemblance to Scar that's hard to dismiss. My theory has always been that Kovu is Scar's son, but with another lioness (not Zira). Zira's rather obsessive devotion to Scar gave me the impression she might be prone to jealousy.
Makes sense, especially the part about Zira's denial. It sort of goes hand-in-hand with her unique brand of logic, if her blaming Simba for Scar's "death" despite all the evidence pointing to the hyenas is any indication. One thing, though: How do you explain Nuka's line, "Scar wasn't even his father, he just took him in"? I mean, I would assume that Nuka's old enough to have at least a vague notion of where Kovu came from.

Quote:
...any important non-canon information I should know about Nuka? Namely, any OC relatives he should know about?
Let's see, I know he met Terror (an OC) in this thread, where he also bumped into Simba at the border with the Outlands. However, Terror's RPer doesn't appear to be active around here anymore, so the odds of Nuka running into him again are very slim.

There's also Koudoawaia's character, Scarab, who he'd probably remember from when Scar was still king. I think, if I've got my timeline straight. You can always double-check that one with Koudoawaia.

Quote:
Also, did his former player have an explanation for specifically how he survived the logs and what happened to him immediately after or should I come up with something for that?
I don't believe any explanation was given, so you're free to come up with one of your own.

Quote:
I'm toying with the thought of taking Kovu...however I have a question before I commit, if more than one person wants a FC will auditions be held? Or, I suppose, will any auditions be held for FCs?
On an unrelated note, what of the other Outlanders, Scruffy, Dotty, etc...? Will they be permitted or no?
Katari pretty much said it on both counts, but to give it the "official" stamp:

FC's are on a first come, first serve basis -- no auditions necessary. So, if you want Kovu, all you have to do is say so before someone else does.

Scruffy, Dotty, et al are quite welcome here. For the sake of easy recognition, I'm thinking that their fanon names should be what they're known by in the SRP. The names need not be what they were born with, of course, just what they're called now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitani/RawarCrew
What's and FC?
Feature character, which, in this case, is pretty much synonymous with canon character.

Quote:
I was thinking about using a charie I had from one of my fanfics. I had named her Shetani, but I wasn't to sure about that name cause many would say that Shetani was just a knock-off of Vitani, but in the Fanfic, I had her the twin of Vitani, then I used her as the cub of Vitani but thinking back on the movie, I wouldn't think that Vitani would have a cub yet...unless..
Heh, well, if you settle on a backstory for her (either Vitani's sister or cub, or anything else) and want to use her, feel free to post here, in the character profile thread, or to PM me.

Quote:
OMG! Can I hope Kopa!? I LURVE KOPA!!!!
Right now I'm trying to keep people from doubling up on FCs. It gives more people a chance to RP an FC if they want to. However, if it reaches a point where folks can have more than one FC and he's still unclaimed, I'll let you know.
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #30
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy

There's also Koudoawaia's character, Scarab, who he'd probably remember from when Scar was still king. I think, if I've got my timeline straight. You can always double-check that one with Koudoawaia.

As far as Scarab and Nuka goes, I did draw a pic of Zira bringing Nuka to meet her when he was born because Scar wanted her to know at least her half brother existed. Zira had no joy in it though and was very apathetic about it and after that they didn't see each other much until after the exile when adolescent to young adult Scarab babysat an infant Kovu and Vitani and cub Nuka while Zira worked on her plans of revenge since Scarab didn't really want a part in them. As far as the timeframe now though they probably still don't have much to do with each other but would at least know who the other was.
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #31
takashari
Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.

OK, I will claim Kovu now, if that's alright. ^-^
I'd also like Scruffy, if you need to know about that as well.
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #32
Pegasuss
forgot what she was saying... again.

I'm here, and back, and happy to jump in whenever.
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #33
takashari

Now that I'm thinking about it...did you want me to create char profiles for the chars I'm RPing?
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #34
Saitenyo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Makes sense, especially the part about Zira's denial. It sort of goes hand-in-hand with her unique brand of logic, if her blaming Simba for Scar's "death" despite all the evidence pointing to the hyenas is any indication. One thing, though: How do you explain Nuka's line, "Scar wasn't even his father, he just took him in"? I mean, I would assume that Nuka's old enough to have at least a vague notion of where Kovu came from.
I figure he was old enough to remember that Kovu was adopted but young enough that he's sill fuzzy on the details (or if he didn't remember, Zira simply could have told him later). Her insisting Scar told her to make him his heir could be more of her denial or could be partially based in fact. Maybe he told her of another cub (either newly born, or that another lioness was pregnant with the cub) on his death bed, or maybe Zira thought Scar came to her in a vision or something.

Either way, Zira, following the jealousy logic, would probably insist that while Scar was not his father, it was Scar's idea to adopt Kovu, in order to make him a valid-sounding heir. Nuka, being young at the time of the event, may not have fully understood specifically what transpired to result in Kovu's adoption and may have reasoned, with that odd logic kids sometimes have, that Scar somehow took Kovu in.

Zira probably had to drive this point home again and again since Nuka seems to frequently question (as we saw in the cut scene in SP) why Kovu's the heir instead of him. So even if a logical (is there one?) part of Nuka's brain realizes now that it doesn't make much sense that Scar adopted Kovu after his supposed death, it's hard for him to shake that childhood belief that Kovu was handchosen by Scar since it's been reinforced by his mother so many times.
Unread Dec 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #35
ClearGreenWater
Freakishly Infamous Acronym

Hmm....if at any point we /are/ allowed to double up on FCs (especially more or less non-essential ones,) I see SW77 ceded Ed as a character. If it becomes possible, might I pick him up? I can just tack him on to my Banzai posts as a decorative if you're worried about too many of one player's characters going into active play. I just want him mostly for the entertainment value XD

Uhm, and some basic questions about how it works.

--Can anyone start a thread?

--Is there a central story-plot that all threads must forward in some way?

--Can any player enter any thread (provided it's not marked Private) or is it suggested to check in with the starter first?

Unread Dec 31st, 2007, 02:17 AM   #36
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Edit made to main post: FC status list updated

And a heads-up: I'm getting close to what might be a final form for the whole Nuka/Vitani/Kovu paternity issue (a big "thank you" to SpiritWolf77 for posting those well-thought-out answers ). Just waiting for input from one of the affected FCs.

Quote:
OK, I will claim Kovu now, if that's alright. ^-^
I'd also like Scruffy, if you need to know about that as well.
He's all yours. For Scruffy, though, I'd like to refrain from having people doubling up on FCs just yet (and Scruffy is technically an FC, if not a very developed one). It just gives more people a chance to play an FC if they want one. However, if no one else claims her by the time doubling-up becomes necessary, I'll be sure to let you know.

Quote:
Now that I'm thinking about it...did you want me to create char profiles for the chars I'm RPing?
You mean Kovu? Nope, not necessary. Profiles are primarily for original/personal characters, not the FCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearGreenWater
...if at any point we /are/ allowed to double up on FCs (especially more or less non-essential ones,) I see SW77 ceded Ed as a character. If it becomes possible, might I pick him up?
Sure thing.

Quote:
Can anyone start a thread?
Yup.

Quote:
Is there a central story-plot that all threads must forward in some way?
Not in particular. The SRP started more as a "this is the situation, let's see where it leads" than an actual plotline everyone was acting on. There's some lead-up to the situation (mostly already covered), and from there it's anyone's guess. There's no planned finale or outcome for all of this; it just develops as it goes.

...Which may or may not have answered your question.

Quote:
Can any player enter any thread (provided it's not marked Private) or is it suggested to check in with the starter first?
Provided it's not private, entry need only follow the conventions set out in the main post. Namely, that the character's not already involved in another active thread. And, again, some attention to geography, but that's a nitpick that's not likely to get much enforcement. Otherwise, unless the thread starter has an OOC comment stating to check in with them first, by all means, enter.
Unread Dec 31st, 2007, 06:53 AM   #37
takashari

Quote:
He's all yours. For Scruffy, though, I'd like to refrain from having people doubling up on FCs just yet (and Scruffy is technically an FC, if not a very developed one). It just gives more people a chance to play an FC if they want one. However, if no one else claims her by the time doubling-up becomes necessary, I'll be sure to let you know.

No problem. ^-^ I'll be willing to pick up some extra Outlanders if we need them, or if no one claims them.
Unread Jan 1st, 2008, 06:09 AM   #38
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Just noticed that Shenzi is still being unclaimed.
So I wondered, would it be alright if I claimed her? c:
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Unread Jan 1st, 2008, 06:37 AM   #39
SergeAnei

Happy New Year! XD, I just wanted to say a little something...

Ok, couple other things...When we actually start to roleplay in this forum, the chracters we claimed are the characters we "own" right? And I mean by own is, when we post in this forum, the character that you have is the one you and you only play?

Also, this is kind of a stupid quiestion, before posting here, we orginaize in the OOC threads? Or do we keep posting here? OR, is this thread gonna get closed down so we can start up roleplays? (Of course planned in the OOC thread...right? Right...Right?)

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:19 AM   #40
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Edit made to main post: FC status list updated. Also, there's now a final version for that whole Nuka/Vitani/Kovu paternity question. Short answer is that Nuka and Vitani are Scar's by Zira; Kovu is Scar's by a mystery mistress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverina
Just noticed that Shenzi is still being unclaimed.
So I wondered, would it be alright if I claimed her? c:
She's all yours.

Quote:
When we actually start to roleplay in this forum, the chracters we claimed are the characters we "own" right? And I mean by own is, when we post in this forum, the character that you have is the one you and you only play?
That's correct. For example, no one but you can RP Vitani in the SRP threads.

Quote:
Also, this is kind of a stupid quiestion, before posting here, we orginaize in the OOC threads? Or do we keep posting here? OR, is this thread gonna get closed down so we can start up roleplays? (Of course planned in the OOC thread...right? Right...Right?)
This OOC thread will remain active indefinitely (or until a mod says otherwise). You never know when someone's going to have a question or a suggestion, or maybe need help, or otherwise just want to talk SRP. Plus, I need to be able to post to let people know if the first/main post has been edited in any way.

Roleplaying itself will take place in different threads, with each thread working sort of like a scene. Taking TLK as an example for scenes (because we're all familiar with it and where the scene cuts are): Simba and Nala in the Elephant Graveyard is one scene and so would be represented by one thread; Mufasa and Simba under the stars is another scene and would be a separate thread following the thread in the Graveyard, but only after the Graveyard thread has finished. "Be Prepared" would be yet another scene/thread, but since it could logically happen at the same time as when Mufasa and Simba are stargazing, it wouldn't have to wait until that thread finished in order to start.

Threads don't need to be planned beforehand. Other than the private threads, the previous SRP threads were, to the best of my knowledge, largely unplanned before posting in those threads began. Whoever starts the thread sets the stage and mood, and from there the thread goes as it will. The thread starter can include an OOC comment (at the beginning or end of their first post) if they have an idea for what direction the thread might take. If any more detailed planning for a thread is desired, however, it's probably best to handle that planning via PMs between whichever players/characters would be involved in the thead.
Unread Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM   #41
SergeAnei

SO can we change from cub to teen to adult at wil, or do we stay directly with the movies? Cause I think that would be totally awesome to go WAY WAY WAY back to before Mufasa's rein or when he first becomes king...you know, things like that. Or do we all stay in one specific time frame?

(I'm only saying because when I scanned the list I didn't see Mufasa...)

I hope I'm not asking to many questions, I'm just a little eager!

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM   #42
Katari

Quote:
SO can we change from cub to teen to adult at wil, or do we stay directly with the movies? Cause I think that would be totally awesome to go WAY WAY WAY back to before Mufasa's rein or when he first becomes king...you know, things like that. Or do we all stay in one specific time frame?
No, you shouldn't switch ages. The SRP is set in a specific time period post-SP, and so there shouldn't be any switching back and forth between ages for any of the characters, and especially not for any of the FCs ("feature characters" -- those characters taken from either the films [e.g. Simba] or any published books and comics [e.g. Kopa]). They should all be at the same age as they were at the conclusion of SP -- though it hasn't been set down exactly how far beyond the film's conclusion the RP takes place; only that it's a short time later. So, Simba would be an adult, Vitani would be a young adult, etc.

The only exception I can think of would involve the idea of flashback scenes, and those would probably be contained within single posts, in any case. So, yes, the action all takes place within a single, defined time frame.

Quote:
(I'm only saying because when I scanned the list I didn't see Mufasa...)
See this quote from the opening post in this thread:

Quote:
For the record -- and the purposes of this RP -- I consider Mufasa to be very much dead. Yeah, yeah, I know, we've got everyone and their mother going "Nah!" to the Reaper, so why not Mufasa, too, right? Well, he did appear as a ghost and all...and talked with Rafiki regularly in SP. No one else did that. So, yeah, seems safe to assume he's dead dead.
Hence, Mufasa doesn't appear on the list.

And you can never ask too many questions, as long as they're ones you honestly don't know the answers to; if nothing else, the answers you get may help to clarify some things for the other RPers. Hope this helps.
Unread Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:52 PM   #43
SergeAnei

Ok, so since their packed into the movie, does that mean we can't do what-if's? Or does it mean that we take a bit of improvisions until something happens that the roleplayer feel should be brought in directly from the movie?

(I is sayin' cause I got the craziest What-if EVER)

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM   #44
Katari

Quote:
Ok, so since their packed into the movie, does that mean we can't do what-if's? Or does it mean that we take a bit of improvisions until something happens that the roleplayer feel should be brought in directly from the movie?
Well, technically, the entire RP is a what-if.

Since the story takes place after the events of the films, you can do whatever (within reason) you'd like to do. If anything you'd like an FC to do would affect other FCs in a major way (read: would affect their backstory or memories), it'd be your prerogative to PM the RPers of those characters and discuss the idea with them before bringing it into play.
Unread Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:11 AM   #45
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Katari's pretty much got the way of it; I won't repeat what's already been said.

Quote:
(I is sayin' cause I got the craziest What-if EVER)
Feel free to PM me about it and we can talk, see if it'll work within the context of the SRP.
Unread Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:07 AM   #46
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Okay, I've been debating with myself for a while whether to join this or not. I'm not sure if I'll join or not, but if I did, Ed would be the one I'd choose of the characters still open. And I was curious as to how speech would work with him, since the only thing heard from him in the movies was his insane laughter.

The way I figure, he can only communicate to himself as normal speech (in his subconscious mind) and I've seen it done in fanfics and other fan made stories that Banzai can actually understand and translate his maniacal laughing. So I was just wondering how that might work before I decide if I wanna take on Ed as a character for the SRP.

Please and Thank you.

|~| "It's an INSANITY thing. You wouldn't understand." |~|
Unread Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM   #47
ClearGreenWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Rogue
The way I figure, he can only communicate to himself as normal speech (in his subconscious mind) and I've seen it done in fanfics and other fan made stories that Banzai can actually understand and translate his maniacal laughing. So I was just wondering how that might work before I decide if I wanna take on Ed as a character for the SRP.

If you want Banzai to understand him like that in the RP, too, I'm totally open to PMs or IMs I see you have Yahoo too, I'll add you later when I'm back on my own comp, I'm not sure if we'd be on at the same times but it's worth a shot XD

Unread Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM   #48
Blitz Rogue
| Conversation Killer |

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearGreenWater
If you want Banzai to understand him like that in the RP, too, I'm totally open to PMs or IMs I see you have Yahoo too, I'll add you later when I'm back on my own comp, I'm not sure if we'd be on at the same times but it's worth a shot XD
Well, PMs would work and I'm usually on AIM, and you can send me email on Yahoo, but when it comes to Yahoo Messenger. I've been online literally one time. I talked to Drago on it once, but other than that, I've never been on my Yahoo messenger. ^-^

|~| "It's an INSANITY thing. You wouldn't understand." |~|
Unread Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM   #49
ClearGreenWater

Haha, yeah, that's like me but with AIM and in reverse XD PMs would not be a problem though, I don't bite when I'm not in character, lol, 8P ^^

Unread Jan 4th, 2008, 03:33 AM   #50
Snowy
What maximum word count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Rogue
I'm fine with that and it offers some interesting possibilities for Ed's character, plus his relationship with Banzai. So, if you definitely want him, let me know and I'll revise the FC status list.