The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > Historical Role-Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread May 25th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #1
SamandJackforever
All Hail the Crimson Lioness!

Feudal Era Japan RP

First thing, this RP is going to be a semi-serious one. That means punctuation, grammar and at least one paragraph posts. Trying to have a rp where there is character depth and exploration as well as a cooperative storyline building.

Well I've yet to think of a title for this roleplay if it shows interest. I am open to changes or additions to the basic intro-plot that places characters into the story. However my initial idea was that random people ages 16-23 that go to the same school or what-have-you, come across a weird portal at a random event and when they near it one of the people touch it and they all get sucked in being sent back in time to the Feudal Era of Japan. So therefore demons, nature spirits, a patriarchal society. The reason for them being chosen is perhaps way back in time they had ancestry of a 'demon' heritage, therefore dormant in their blood are hidden DNA codes. maybe they share something in common, faster than many people, more agile, smarter, more aggressive, stronger and the list is almost infinite.

Again feel free to make suggestions on different things, its a rough idea. But the idea is that they are stuck there... must learn their ways, try to fit in but hope and try to find myths that could take them home. Like shrines that people have disappeared from, a shining light and a bubble such as the one they touched to get there. The basic story is them trying to stick together with their differences of opinions and skills and learn things as they search for a way back home, if they want to return.

Any interest?
Unread May 26th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #2
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

Oh wow *w* I like the idea you've got going on here! First I thought 'Hmm I don't have that much knowledge of that era' so I thought it wouldn't really be for me. But since the characters are from this time, they don't neccesairily should have knowledge about the Feudal Japan either ^^; But I need to think of a character first then... But I like your idea! Very interesting, especially the part of where they'd be 'chosen' and stuff, very cool I hope more people are interested!

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Angelus: "What happened to pedestrians? Human pedestrians? Is there no fast food left in Los Angeles?"

Angelus: "Hey! Who's a guy gotta kill to get a drink around here?"

Guandoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #3
SamandJackforever

Aye, well if you watch anime there are a few that are set in the Feudal Era. Inuyasha for one and I believe Rounin Kenshin (sp?) is also in that era. Think warlords, small villages, healers, priestesses of shrines, swords and spears, mystical monks, etc. Wiki has a few things on it. Though I thought for this one we'd actually have demons, spirits, tho there is no proof other than mentions in stories and legends.

I have yet to think of a char too, I had this idea on another site but the place is dead so I thought to try it here. I hope to get more than just two people so we don't have to play more than one main char if possible. I just don't want one long run on sentence paragraph posts. Ya know? I want to make a story not have to deal with grade 4 writers.

Another idea was that a select few of the same school or school district were chosen to go on a trip to Japan for a week, and that is when it happens.

Last edited by SamandJackforever : May 26th, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
SamandJackforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 27th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #4
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

I see c; I don't watch anime but I've played my fair share of Guildwars and there is one game (Factions) set in this era too. It's pretty awesome with lot's of monsters like Oni, Kirin, Kappa, Satori and much more X3 So I do have some knowledge, just not that much...

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Angelus: "What happened to pedestrians? Human pedestrians? Is there no fast food left in Los Angeles?"

Unread May 27th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Aikachi
Z.E.A.M. ~ Zaney Enslaved Artist Monkey

This sounds like something I could potentially get into c: I like the idea that all of the main characters have some sort of demon ancestry. I did actually take part in an Inuyasha roleplay a good while back as a lady fox demon, so the research I put into that adventure could come into play once again.

Would our original characters be from Japan, or from all over the world?

Signature by Gemxx, thanks <3
Aikachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

I know I still gotta reply to our other RP and I don't have too much time right now to read everything you guys already wrote, buuut, I sure would be very much interested. :3
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 27th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #7
SamandJackforever

@Aikachi Well I thought maybe all over Canada or the US, maybe a country over in Europe. They all have to know a bit of Japanese but not fluent (we'll talk in English for the RP but it'll be understood that its Japanese in the RP. since I don't know much more than what anime has taught me ) A lot of mix heritage could be part of them being Caucasian or what have you so it won't be limited. Now, I don't want the chars to be able to turn into demons, but the idea with the ancestry is that they have heightened abilities like their demon ancestors. So like stronger than normal for a kid with average build etc. Or faster, more cunning. For my character, I'll be playing a char that is stronger than an average kid of her size. Like she can throw around the school meathead football linebacker like a ragdoll type thing.

@Dodger-chan, you are ALWAYS welcome to my RPs, May have a new person to join the boards for this RP and others. She needs a place to write, hehe.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #8
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Awww! Thank you! <3
Finally also managed to read all you guys already wrote. ;3
I really like your idea, Sam. I remember a slightly similiar RP I once had, it was great fun. I might actually be able to resurrect a char from it. Granted, he was a Tengu called Lux, who kinda became friends with the chars that got sucked into a Inuyasha-esque world, helping them a bit to find their way around, so he was from there, which I don't know if it'd work out? Otherwise I sure also could have two chars, like, one for the guys from the school and one from the world they get sucked into.

Also, awesome to hear, the more the merrier! C:
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Unread May 28th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #9
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

Ohh so like, they could be kids from around the world on a school program who get to visit a japanese family and live for them for like a month? Or a program where they get to study on a japanese school for a few months, would that work? This way they wouldn't all have to be from the same country and we can have different etnicies and languages (ofcourse they all speak english) but it'd be fun with accents and whatnot, yes?

Maaan I really have inspiration to work on a character now heehee

Oh and yaaaay Aik and Wolfy!

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Unread May 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #10
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Oh, that really sounds like a pretty neat idea there, Gwen! c8
Commissions
Unread May 28th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #11
SamandJackforever

Perhaps instead of a family, maybe one of the major shrines. Where they have rooms to home and perhaps they are there for a semester type thing, abroad study in Japan. That way they'd at least know each other a bit by living close proximity.

Different countries sound good. Claim Canada!
Unread May 29th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #12
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

Okay awesome! That sounds good, that they'd be living in dorms of sorts C8

I'm going for a char that lives in Spain n__n I already got it sketched out and I have an idea for an ability aswell

Edit: here he is! 83 CLICK~

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Last edited by Guandoya : May 29th, 2011 at 02:55 AM.
Unread May 29th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #13
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Okay. He is HOT! I mean. Really! *le drool*

The char I would have in mind to resurrect is this guy - One and Two
Those are oooold pics, I think I'd have to kinda redesign him a tad. XD
And I'm not yet sure how to properly fit him in. As a sort of student like the others or someone who came from the other world to get the kids there, hmmm.
Commissions
Unread May 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #14
SamandJackforever

Perhaps two chars Dodger? One from that world that perhaps stumbles upon them and either helps or what have you. Dunno the personality of your char there. Maybe another a student. That is if you want. I may play one from that time too. My char is made up but I suck at drawing and can't scan anything anymew.

Her name is Elisa and she's a kinda tough but protective type person who is average when it comes to book smarts and above average in street smarts. She knows English, Japanese and French. She's 16, straight but open minded, and she's always been stronger than others despite her womanly hourglass figure. She's a bit of a tomboy and is quiet a lot until she has something to add.
Unread May 30th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #15
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Yeah, might be the easiest solution. I guess I still gotta ponder a bit about it.
Not to mention, I really gotta rework that char of mine, he's just waaay to emo for my liking. XD
Commissions
Unread May 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #16
SamandJackforever

Hahaha, emo in moderation
Unread Jun 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #17
Little-Brightstar

Want to join in on this one. Will have to ponder up a character though
Little-Brightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 15th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #18
SamandJackforever

Alrighty, I think it is now time to post a wee bit about our characters, like so:

Name:
Nationality:
Age: (remember the students should be between 16-18 ish I think)
General Description:
Brief Personality:
Slight Enhancement from Lineage: (like stronger, smarter, more cunning than average, etc)
Sport/Hobbie: (if any)

Here's my character in rough, I'll be filling her out more as we build the storyline.

Name: Keira
Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Description: At 5'4" she is average in height and slender but not super skinny or boney. Her hair is down just under her shoulder blades and is a chocolate brown with red highlights, well taken care of. She has amber eyes and rarely wears makeup letting her natural beauty come out. She wears a necklace on a fabric cord of a lioness tooth for strength and courage, she never takes it off.
Brief Personality: She is generally quiet and sarcastic but if someone breaks through that first line of defense she can be a good friend. She can be kind and she loves nature.
Enhancement: Stronger than average, stronger than an average adult man although she hides her real strength and has more to train.
Sports/Hobbies: She likes Mixed Martial Arts and collects swords and daggers, dabbled a bit in self-taught swordplay.

Last edited by SamandJackforever : Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:17 PM.
SamandJackforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #19
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

Name: Devon

Nationality: Spanish, but with a south African heritage

General Description: see pic here: Devon's sheet

Brief Personality: Happy, generous, kind, intelligent. He does alot for other people, trying to cheer them up when they're down and always interested about other people's stories.

Slight Enhancement from Lineage: Strong feel for other's emotions and thoughts. Can predict small things like the weather. Calls it 'his gut feeling'. When ability develops he can feel/read other people's & other creatures' thoughts, emotions and dreams.

Sport/Hobbie: skating, singing, hanging out with friends.

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Unread Jun 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #20
SamandJackforever

Alrighty, since we know there is interest, I was thinking to start off my first post into the story soon. I was thinking on starting the day after everyone arrives at their own scheduled flights and get settled in their rooms and wake the next morning say at breakfast all together at the major shrine.

Sound good or someone want to put their thoughts in? I'm eager to start
Unread Jun 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #21
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

It sounds good to me ^-^ I'm eager to start as well!

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Unread Jul 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #22
Aikachi

Name: "Hachi" , full name is Isabelle Amelia Augustine (she hates her girly name)
Nationality: Lots of everything, is American, is one quarter Japanese.
General Description: She's average height, has tanned skin and hazel eyes. Her most unique physical feature is her hair, which is cropped short and is a silvery brown color. She crops it short because when it gets longer than a few inches, these black hairs come in and color the tips of her hair black. She hates her hair and tries to get away with saying she colors it that way on purpose.
Brief Personality: She's kind of a punk, she likes to think she's better than other people, treats people her own age as if they were children, although she knows no better than they do. She does a lot of posturing to make up for her self esteem issues. Occasionally she puts on a fake New York accent to sound tough. (What little Japanese she speaks is a very masculine variety of the Kansai dialect).
Slight Enhancement from Lineage: She is descended from a Tanuki that shapeshifted and married a human. She is unaware of her lineage and it is unknown whether or not she is capable of shapeshifting, but she is quick and sneaky, and she is excellent at imitating people's voices and expressions.
Sport/Hobbies: She's gotten into a lot of fights, while she has no official fighting style, she has taken karate, boxing, kendo, aikido, and several other types. She gets impatient with her teachers and has mastered neither of these disciplines.

Picture~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ir02/Hachi.jpg

Last edited by Aikachi : Jul 16th, 2011 at 12:15 AM.
Unread Jul 15th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #23
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

Yay Hachi <3 she's awesome Love the pic of her you did, but you already knew that haha Did you come up with a name for her yet?

TLKFAA - DeviantART

Unread Jul 16th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #24
Aikachi

I've decided she will be Isabelle Amelia Augustine, the girliest name I could think of. She also hates her name because it is compared to Bella from Twilight I'm eager for this RP to get underway ^^

Unread Jul 16th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #25
Guandoya
Never trust a Vampire

hahaha, I can understand why she would hate it for that reason, lol! I'm eager too i hope Wolfy and Sam will return soon ^^

TLKFAA - DeviantART