The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > Fantasy/Mystical Roleplay
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Dec 3rd, 2017, 01:55 PM   #1
IapetusCas
Black & White

Jack &Ardon - The traitors within

3 Months Earlier to Jack’s Kidnapping……

Martin and Daniel, Torchwood 5’s head of security and deputy was on a away day at the EA Security meetings, it was a 5 day course where experts from the EA talked about new risks and potential hazards that could arise in the next 10 to 20 years and how new techniques and methods were being used to counter these new threats, such as cyber hacking and of course infiltration of facilities.
Jack had wanted the two men to go attend the course, of course Torchwood 5 was not mentioned, instead they were heads of two fictional branches of the EA security team, which allowed them to attend without jeopardising Torchwood 5 secrecy.
The course was being held in the EA head office in New York, Jack’s hopes were that they would be able to bring back what they had learnt and then to conduct a new security review of all the base, to ensure there was no risks to Torchwood 5’s staff, its systems, labs and of course the dragons in their care.
Jack wanted to ensure all their methods were kept up to date and being the most important facility in the Torchwood organization, Jack wanted to be sure that his team was the best in everything.
Martin and Daniel attended the 5 days of lectures, discussions, workshop groups at New York before they would head back to the facility via shuttlecraft.
The shuttle was waiting for them at a small private airport outside the city limits of New York, after the events years ago thanks to Cayman, the new mayor of the city decided to ban shuttles, cars and transport ships flying above the city, meaning cargo and other business needed to be taken to the city by road or rail, the only ships allowed were EA military or emergency services craft.
Martin and Daniel were travelling back on a quiet stretch of road to the small airport having left the hotel they were staying at; the two men were discussing what they had learnt and how to implement it for Jack.
Daniel was pleased with his second in command Martin, he was being given a great chance to shine in Torchwood 5 by Jack, giving him the big assignment of reviewing all security for the dragon academy and portal.
“Well Martin, Jack has given your first big assignment, I wish you luck” Daniel said as he was driving along with Martin as the passenger.
“Thanks, I appreciate, do you think we need to do much improvements to the facility, after what those talks said?” he asked.
“Well judging what happened to Jack and his team at Heathrow all those years back and discovering that plane was an imposter, whoever or whatever is behind all these strange goings on, has resources to draw upon, plus what happened at the archives” Daniel said remembering the events there as well, it all ended very bizarrely.
Martin nodded lightly, looking at the notes he had made on his tablet, seeing everything he had managed to get down.
“It is all strange, if only we knew who or what was going on, it is all strange to me” Martin said as Daniel nodded.
“I think whoever is behind this, I just got a feeling they are watching us all the time” Daniel said as Martin seemed to look up from his notes briefly before studying them again, little known to either men, that be the last conversation they had……
All of a sudden the left hand tyre blew out and the car Lurched to the side, Daniel unable to control the vehicle as it skidded off the road and plummeted down a steep rock hill, the vehicle hitting the ground and rolling down, the sound of metal being crunched, glass being smashed as the car all of a sudden burst into flames and exploded, creating a fireball.
Wreckage scattered around the remains of the vehicle which was now on fire, Martin and Daniel never stood a chance of survival and the two men were laying on the ground, thrown from the vehicle lifeless surrounded by wreckage of their car.
Flames engulfed what remained of the car and any green that happened to be nearby as the fire burned.
The body of Daniel laying broken on stony ground, then it was dragged along the stones, someone was dragging the body of Daniel away from the crash site, Martin’s was also being dragged away, the bodies of the men were put into a deep ditch out of sight of anyone.
As the bodies lay to rest standing over them were two humans, looking with lack of expression or empathy, stoic faces looked upon the dead men, looking at them was Daniel and Martin……
They each grabbed a shovel and began to dig up ground and threw the churned-up earth onto the two dead men, burying them and any evidence that they had been killed, once it was done the men disposed of the shovels and then made their way up the bank as there was sirens in the distance, obviously the flames and smoke had attracted attention.
Soon a police car arrived on the scene as the two men got back onto the road, the officer got out and rushed over.
“My word!, you two guys ok? Were you two in that vehicle?, are you two ok?” he asked as Daniel nodded and Martin spoke.
“We are fine, just fine”.

Present day……..

It had been a few weeks since Jack was rescued from Japan with the aid of Torchwood 9, sadly there had been no sightings of Skahrsen and there was no evidence to suggest he was anywhere close, the dragon had vanished.
Despite Forge’s reluctance the dragon went home to Kilara while the team arrived back, Hitteki and Comox had welcomed the dragons back as the whole team gave a debrief, professor Baxter had been working to see if he could find the source of the leak, so far nothing had appeared.
Jack had been given time off to recover, the man had been subjected to allot of experimentation and torture to create Skahrsen, so much so that despite his super human abilities and the power of Brathille the man was recovering slower than usual.
Melina ran checks and saw that had been damage done unseen in the previous assessment and that if Jack had not had his abilities he would most likely of died, still the man kept upbeat and allowed Mark to handle all base operations while he got better.
Ardon stuck to the man like glue the first week back, not letting the man out of his sight in fear he could fall over or hurt himself more, the dragon primary focus was Jack and so he was not seen much around the base.
Jack however despite his recovering state had set about ringing in changes to the way Torchwood 5 handled its affairs in the past, especially after the conversation with Anne from Torchwood 9, he had felt really bad that Asuka, a beautiful eastern style dragoness was scared and nervous about T5 finding out about her existence as she thought the academy would take her from her home.
Jack did not want that, he was going to change it for the better and begun by allowing T9 to have access to the dragon databases and for them to input their own information on Asuka, like Torchwood 7 did for their dragons.
Jack also contacted Amelia and with some discussions, Amelia allowed T9 to get additional funding, skimmed off T5’s excess in budget, since Jack had managed to underspend in their last 2 budget years, allowing T9 to move away from their other not so legal activities.
Jack also decided that he wanted the dragon academy to change, he had had chance to tour the base with Anne, seeing that despite their base being underground, they have beautiful architecture, painted walls with intricate designs, meditation areas, Spa places for the dragons to relax and Jack knew looking at large, dull steel walls was no good.
So Jack entrusted the dragons to come up with what they wanted their dragon academy to look like, how to make it more homely, welcoming, relaxing and to see what they had seen in Torchwood 9 to bring to their facility.
The dragons talked among themselves and soon they had a plan to bring their Academy to life, Zyra wanted allot more colour, light and green around the area, plus to have a meditation and relaxation chamber.
So Jack decided to get orders done and to bring in the paint and other things and allow the dragons to decorate and to design their academy, everyone was excited and since it was the facilities quiet time, Melina and others helped the dragons to decorate and to get their agreed ideas into action, all the while not knowing of what had gone on with their security people as they for everyone else knew carried on as normal.
Today most of the humans and dragons were helping decorate the academy and shape it into what they had envisioned, giving the chance for everyone to settle after the events in Japan, the EA and T9 managed to get media updates out and prevented any news that shouldn’t of been released out, T9 went about it a little heavy handed but it was contained.
Melina was with the help of Vonriir painting the steel walls with a more cheerful colour along with the others, Hitteki helping the hanger manager bring in trees and other ornaments into the academy.
Vonriir lifted his nose a little higher, lifting Melina up so that she could reach higher with her paint roller.
"That alright, Professor?" He asked her as a bit of paint dropped onto his nose.
“All good thanks Vonriir, though I did say I could use a scissor lift to paint rather than you, plus your horns are good for hanging paint off” she chuckled lightly as she saw Zyra, Ardon and Comox painting.
Vonriir smiled and let his eyes wander to see the others helping out as well.
"Whoops," said Ardon teasingly, getting paint on Zyra’s flank.
"Ardon!" She chided but it was all in good fun. The group was having fun redecorating the facility.
Melina looked down to see Ardon had given Zyra a magnolia stripe across her side as the two teased one another, Ardon covered in paint in places, Melina laughed lightly at the mess they were getting into.
"Ardon!, can you not decorate my dragons scales and new shade of magnolia" Melina called down as Sam came with more paint.
"I think it's an improvement," snickered Ardon. "Want to match?" He asked, waving a paint brush at Melina.
"I think you find Dr Zyra will defend the professor from paint based attacks from dragons" Sam said with some amusement.
Zyra let out a playful hiss but Ardon got the point, laughing. "Fine, fine."
Comox stood back from the area he finished. "It's looking really great, guys."
Dr Sam had to agree, the paint brightened up the dragon academy and with more softer LED lighting coming in, it would look a far more welcoming place.
“The paint has really helped, I know we had to do several coats but its looking great, Hitteki is sorting the plants and water fountain Zyra ordered” Sam said as Melina finished her bit off and took the paints off Vonriir’s horns.
Vonriir lowered his head and held out his paw so that he could help her down.
"I quite like the new art that's to go up on the walls."
“You got me and Zyra to thank for that, inspired by the Torchwood 9 designs we saw, I really enjoyed what they had and Asuka’s meditation chamber was amazing” the professor said.
"Yeah, it was lovely there. It's nice to make this place look a little less..." said the bowing deaconess.
"Sterile? “Asked Comox.
"Good word, yes. It was a little lacking." Agreed Zyra.
Dr Sam smiled lightly and looked at Melina.
"Don't let Jack hear you say that, this base costed billion to build, but I'm glad he allowed you to redecorate it" Melina said with a smile, knowing Ardon had asked Jack and had been leading this revamp of the academy.
"I think some pestering helped convinced him," she said with a wry smile at Ardon. He gave a cheeky grin in return. It has been his persistence that made it happen in the end.
As the group was talking after painting and redecorating much of the day Mark came in and looked around with Veyron on his shoulders, the wraith kept close to them an to keep out of any of these activities.
"I have to wonder if you dragons got more paint on you than the walls" the man said shaking his head.
"It's all part of the fun," said Zyra with a smile.
"Manual labour is not fun," said Veyron dryly, "but... I have to say it's looking a little classier in here."
"And where we're you Veyron? You could have been helping " Hitteki said as Mark looked amused.
Veyron is doing research for me" Mark said.
"Best whiskey to have with fish?" Melina said as the team laughed.
"Important stuff," replied the wraith, folding his arms across his chest and giving them a pointed look. "Besides, jolly giant over here can do huge swaths of walls at once. It's more efficient to have him do it."
Melina looked up to see the massive crag back with big blobs of paint on his bronze scales, from head to tail.
"Oh Vonriir, look your covered in paint, I am sorry" Melina said as Mark shook his head.
"I don't know which is worse kids or dragons" he said.
"That's alright, Miss, I think spots make me look a little flashier," chuckled Vonriir.
"You're the only one with experience with both so I'd say you’re the ones that should have the answer," snickered Ardon.
Mark rolled his eyes and left with Veyron on his shoulder as the others chuckled.
"Right, now we are all covered in paint you know what this means" Melina said grinning as everyone knew what had just recently been installed, a giant heated pool in one of the spare chambers with enough room for even the big tank Vonriir to submerge in.
"Rinse off first for the love of the stars above!" Shouted Zyra as Ardon, comox and Vonriir went trotting off.
"They are going to get the new pool filled with flecks of paint," she said with a sigh after it seemed like they didn't hear her.
Melina laughed and shook her head lightly….. “Boys” she said to the bold wing.
Unread Dec 4th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #2
Aerazura
the listener

After Zyra helped Melina take the painting supplies back to the utility room for the day the professor released her to go wash up and enjoy the new facility amendments.

The walked by to what they referred to as the ‘living wall’. A large stretch of wall that connected the living quarters to the central hub was now covered in ivy, moss and other plants that grew well on a vertical surface. Of all of the suggestions, Zyra was surprised that Ardon had come up with this one. It was a beautiful addition to the building. A little water feature ran along the bottom and the whole hall smelled earthy, reminding her of her time on Kilara.

A little feature that seemed to benefit dragons and humans alike were large window like panes that were attached to the ceiling as fake skylights. They mimicked the light from outside and made the facility as a whole seem brighter and so much more airy than it had been before, allowing the illusion that it was even bigger than it already was.
The dragon’s agreed they felt less ‘trapped’ with the weight of all the earth above the underground facility now that there were these faux skylights.

The dragon’s agreed that Jack was a saint for allowing them so much license over the redecoration of the building. This was their home after all and while they loved it regardless, it was beginning to really feel like a homier place.

As she turned the corner she could see one of the staff was putting up art along another corridor. She was tempting to peek but she thought that she would wait until everything was up to take it all in at once. She was excited to see more art up upon their walls. It was something she rather enjoyed at the Japan facility and was happy that they could have some of their own. She and Melina had acquired a few pieces from local artists and other paintings and photographs has been collected by others and she was excited to see what other art would line the walls.

The canteen and adjoining lounge remained mostly the same aside from a fresh coat of paint while other areas of the facility like the command center and hangars were left untouched. It was mostly the living spaces and corridors along with the central hug that was given new life and each of their style preferences could be seen in the ebb and flow of colours and additions throughout the building.

Veyron liked a modern style, clean and sleek so a lot of what he wanted the facility already had. His contribution, however, was a strange crown molding system that had almost a shelf along it with strip lighting that splashed onto the ceiling and could be dimmed or brightened according to the time of day.
It was only after it was installed that Zyra realized why Veyron had chosen this as his sole contribution. It gave him another avenue of travel, being able to scurry high above everyone else along the lit ledge, unhindered and unnoticed without having to crawl through the dusty ceiling tiles. It was a clever little idea and the dragoness suspected that the wraith had other little hidden pathways and such littered throughout the facility amidst all the construction.

There was still a lot to be done but with the dragon’s helping with things like painting and such they could save a little on the cost of the renovations. The large list of work to be done kept them busy and from otherwise fretting over what had happened to Skahrsen or where in the world he might be.
Zyra walked through the doors into the new pool room, seeing that Vonriir and the others were already floating around like ornate crocodiles in the bubbling water.

The room was a giant, even for a spare space. It was originally built is case they needed to expand again and now the once empty room was revamped with a large heated pool. The floors were made out of natural surfaced stone tile and heated in places around the pool so that the dragons could doze and happily dry off in the warmth of the room.
Essential oils were an option to put in the water for their scales or other benefits. Today it smelled of citrus and sandalwood.

“I hope you guys washed off the paint before getting in there,” said Zyra, tilting her head as she walked up.
“Of course we did…” said Ardon, trying to subtly pick off a large splash of stormy blue paint from his cheek. They painted with azure a few days back…. How long had that been there? He didn’t have long to wonder as a shadow fell over him as Zyra stood over the edge of the pool.
“Jack is going to kill you if you clog the filter with paint when the pool has been operational for less than 3 days.”
“We scrubbed off, Miss Zyra. Rest assured,” chuckled Vonriir.
“Minimal paint flecks in the water,” added Comox, his eyes closed as he floated weightlessly along the surface.
“Well that’s something. Where’s Hitteki?” she asked.
“She said she was coming, she might have gotten caught up with her project,” said Comox.
Zyra slipped into the pool and thrummed at the warmth, “This is nice after all that painting.”
“You’re telling us. My back feels stiff from all the odd movement of the brush strokes. This is the perfect way to unwind,” agreed Ardon.
Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Dec 4th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #3
Aerazura
the listener

After Zyra helped Melina take the painting supplies back to the utility room for the day the professor released her to go wash up and enjoy the new facility amendments.

The walked by to what they referred to as the ‘living wall’. A large stretch of wall that connected the living quarters to the central hub was now covered in ivy, moss and other plants that grew well on a vertical surface. Of all of the suggestions, Zyra was surprised that Ardon had come up with this one. It was a beautiful addition to the building. A little water feature ran along the bottom and the whole hall smelled earthy, reminding her of her time on Kilara.

A little feature that seemed to benefit dragons and humans alike were large window like panes that were attached to the ceiling as fake skylights. They mimicked the light from outside and made the facility as a whole seem brighter and so much more airy than it had been before, allowing the illusion that it was even bigger than it already was.
The dragon’s agreed they felt less ‘trapped’ with the weight of all the earth above the underground facility now that there were these faux skylights.

The dragon’s agreed that Jack was a saint for allowing them so much license over the redecoration of the building. This was their home after all and while they loved it regardless, it was beginning to really feel like a homier place.

As she turned the corner she could see one of the staff was putting up art along another corridor. She was tempting to peek but she thought that she would wait until everything was up to take it all in at once. She was excited to see more art up upon their walls. It was something she rather enjoyed at the Japan facility and was happy that they could have some of their own. She and Melina had acquired a few pieces from local artists and other paintings and photographs has been collected by others and she was excited to see what other art would line the walls.

The canteen and adjoining lounge remained mostly the same aside from a fresh coat of paint while other areas of the facility like the command center and hangars were left untouched. It was mostly the living spaces and corridors along with the central hug that was given new life and each of their style preferences could be seen in the ebb and flow of colours and additions throughout the building.

Veyron liked a modern style, clean and sleek so a lot of what he wanted the facility already had. His contribution, however, was a strange crown molding system that had almost a shelf along it with strip lighting that splashed onto the ceiling and could be dimmed or brightened according to the time of day.
It was only after it was installed that Zyra realized why Veyron had chosen this as his sole contribution. It gave him another avenue of travel, being able to scurry high above everyone else along the lit ledge, unhindered and unnoticed without having to crawl through the dusty ceiling tiles. It was a clever little idea and the dragoness suspected that the wraith had other little hidden pathways and such littered throughout the facility amidst all the construction.

There was still a lot to be done but with the dragon’s helping with things like painting and such they could save a little on the cost of the renovations. The large list of work to be done kept them busy and from otherwise fretting over what had happened to Skahrsen or where in the world he might be.
Zyra walked through the doors into the new pool room, seeing that Vonriir and the others were already floating around like ornate crocodiles in the bubbling water.

The room was a giant, even for a spare space. It was originally built is case they needed to expand again and now the once empty room was revamped with a large heated pool. The floors were made out of natural surfaced stone tile and heated in places around the pool so that the dragons could doze and happily dry off in the warmth of the room.
Essential oils were an option to put in the water for their scales or other benefits. Today it smelled of citrus and sandalwood.

“I hope you guys washed off the paint before getting in there,” said Zyra, tilting her head as she walked up.
“Of course we did…” said Ardon, trying to subtly pick off a large splash of stormy blue paint from his cheek. They painted with azure a few days back…. How long had that been there? He didn’t have long to wonder as a shadow fell over him as Zyra stood over the edge of the pool.
“Jack is going to kill you if you clog the filter with paint when the pool has been operational for less than 3 days.”
“We scrubbed off, Miss Zyra. Rest assured,” chuckled Vonriir.
“Minimal paint flecks in the water,” added Comox, his eyes closed as he floated weightlessly along the surface.
“Well that’s something. Where’s Hitteki?” she asked.
“She said she was coming, she might have gotten caught up with her project,” said Comox.
Zyra slipped into the pool and thrummed at the warmth, “This is nice after all that painting.”
“You’re telling us. My back feels stiff from all the odd movement of the brush strokes. This is the perfect way to unwind,” agreed Ardon.
Unread Dec 5th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #4
IapetusCas
Black & White

Melina soon joined the dragons for a dip in the pool, she had gotten changed in the changing rooms made for the humans so they wouldn’t have to walk across the long corridors to get changed and to return.
It had taken a long time but the contractors and builders had done a great job in making this excellent addition to the facility, the tiles had unique designs and the lighting brightened up the place, along with the pool LED lighting.
Melina came out of the changing rooms wearing her swimsuit, which had been custom made for her, featuring the bold wing colours in sharp and bold pattern and design, no one would mistake who the professor belonged to.
"Looking like you just flew out of Iban'tu, professor," said comox as she approached.
Melina grinned.
“Had it custom made, I think I look very good in bold wing colours if I may so myself” Melina chuckled lightly as the dragons continued to swim about in the heated pool.
"I wouldn't disagree with you there, but then again bold wing colours are some of the most ..." started Zyra.
"Dashing?" Finished Comox as they both smiled in mock snobbish arrogance.
“Exactly, now clear the waters, I’m coming in” Melina announced.
“If only we had a diving board” Melina added.
"This place is for relaxing, not horsing around," said Zyra, but then was splashed by Ardon who whistles innocently.
Melina laughed lightly at the young dragon’s tomfoolery as she came in and dived into the water perfectly, the woman seemed really gracious and fluid like in her movements just like her bold wing dragoness.
Melina rose from the water and shook her head as she treaded water by the dragons.
"You've got the grace of a dragoness, professor," complimented Vonriir when she resurfaced.
Melina smiled kindly.
“Well I am bonded with the best so no wonder I taken some good aspects” Melina said to the crag back as Hitteki entered the pool room, hearing Vonriir compliment the professor for her fluid grace.
“I wonder if the rest of us will bond?” Hitteki said sitting down near the pool’s edge.
"Get in queue and wait your turn, I've been waiting the longest," Comox said as a joke but there was a hint of sincerity in his voice.
Hitteki smiled and seemed to hear the hint that Comox was after an Atillu of his own.
“Perhaps you might get lucky, I have overheard Mark say we are getting a new staff member, they are a very well trained pilot for the EA coming to take command of our flying units” Hitteki replied to the team.
"Oh," said Comox though he wasn't hopeful. It didn't sound like a good match with his quiet demeanour.
"Who's this?" Asked Vonriir, lifting his head.
"Caleb.... Russell?" Said Ardon, trying to recall the name but he had been in the midst of dinner when the man had been brought up. He looked to Hitteki in hopes she could supply the name.
Hitteki shook her head lightly.
“He did not mention the name, or the gender, Mark said they be coming in the next few days, be exciting a new member of our team, especially in that role” Hitteki commented as Melina nodded as she swam to the pool’s edge.
“Never know, it could be a woman” Melina said.
"Could be..." said Ardon.
"You should pay a little more attention, Ardy," snorted Zyra.
"I was focused elsewhere when Jack and Mark were talking," scoffed the gold.
“Yeah, Toby’s new food menu I saw you peering into the kitchens golden wonder” Melina teased lightly.
Ardon just grinned sheepishly.
Zyra laughed and shook her head.
"Some things never change." Snickered Comox.

In the other part of the base Martin signed off some papers handed to him, once no one was looking he took a usb stick out of a secured location and went to go to his office, walking towards it from where he was he walked past the canteen, the focus and emotionless expression on his face as he walked along the route.
In the canteen Veyron was pouring himself a second cup of coffee, stirring in cream when he looked up to see Martin. He immediately noticed a strange air around the man. Something was off.
Martin continued to walkaway to his office as Daniel appeared, stopping by the entrance watching Martin walk off, he had the same emotionless expression as he looked around as if scanning to see anyone watching.
Daniels eyes soon caught the Wraith, watching while drinking his coffee, the man seemed to lift his head up slightly, as if trying to work out if Veyron was watching them carefully.
Veyron took a sip of the steaming coffee, observing with a slight tilt of his head as he watched the man walk off. He felt Daniels eyes on him but paid him no mind as the gears turned in his head.
Daniel gave a suspicious look but then walked off towards the control room, again something was off with the man.
“Something got your mind working it seems” Mark said coming in to pour himself some coffee Toby had made.
"yeah..." said Veyron, still half lost in thought as he puzzled over something.
Mark was a little puzzled as he shook his head and drank his coffee, not sure what was the matter with the wraith.

Martin entered his office and locked his door, he also shut the blinds in the windows in his office, he went into a hidden safe in the wall and entered a 12 digit code, the safe lock clicked and lit up green as he opened the door and brought out a mini laptop.
He connected a green and yellow cable and connected it to the IT connector and powered it up, entering another password plus his own fingerprint scan, once done he inserted the USB stick into the laptop and began to download and send information to an unknown source, all under the noses of Professor Baxter.
The systems the laptop had bypassed the security and alerts of Torchwood 5’s systems, using a redundant carrier wave which would go unnoticed by the monitoring systems as he provided information on Torchwood operations and photos of the portal he obtained earlier.
Unread Dec 8th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Aerazura
the listener

Even though Mark was looking at the wraith with a puzzled expression but Veyron paid him no attention, gears turning in his head. He drained the last of his coffee and set out of the canteen without another word, his tiny talons clicking on the floor as he hurried off on all fours.

“Well, I better get going,” said Vonriir with a happy sigh. He had a little work to do in the hangar, his size being a great help for moving large equipment and such.
The massive dragon stood up and walked to the shallower side of the pool, and water poured from his scales like a dozen waterfalls.
He stood off as far as he could manage before he shook the rest of the water yet still managed to shower the others with droplets. He called a brief apology realizing what he had done.
The others laughed and continued to chat away while Vonriir dried off and lumbered out. Soon enough it was time for the rest of them to move on with the rest of their day after a nice soak in the hot pools. There wasn’t a single doubt that the dragons fully enjoyed this new amenity.

The gold dragon stopped at the canteen for a quick snack before venturing out through the halls again. Two men were installing more of the fake skylights in the central hub where all the other halls connected and led to different wings of the facility. It was really starting to come together.
Ardon made his way down to the dragon hangar where Forge’s armour had finally been returned after needed extensive repairs. His battle wit Skahrsen had been fierce and from the damage on the plating, it appeared that the armour had been a blessing for the warlord. Ardon was thankful that Melina had gotten it done up for his uncle.
He opened the multiple boxes that it was shipped it and ensured all the pieces were there. Looking at it gave him a grim feeling. While the team had moments of happiness and laughter, it was impossible to deny that there was an underlying uneasiness in the base.
Skahrsen was out there… somewhere. It was infuriating that they didn’t know where or why he had gone into hiding but something was amiss for sure.
He hung everything up on the wall where Forge’s items were stored alongside the rest of the dragon’s rigging. Everything had been cleaned and repaired since their last excursion and was looking like new once more.

He tried not to think of it as he ensured everything was put away correctly before turning off the lights to the dragon hangar and headed towards his quarters. Jack was still off resting, shooed away by the rest of the team from doing any work. Ardon was thankful for their close knit team and for the ability for them to run the facility while their commander recovered. Many things he had to be grateful for here, he often realized.

The gold dragon trotted through the door, closing it behind him as he stepped into the room. It looked like every light was on… again.
He entered their living quarters and spotted Jack on the charcoal coloured couch, reclined with a sketchbook in his hand.
“Hey,” said Ardon, trotting in and ruffling his hair affectionately with a snort. “How are you feeling?”

"Getting better, taking its time but been practicing my artwork, might add my decor to the newly painted walls" Jack said showing Ardon his sketch book.
“Nice, Vonriir,” smiled Ardon, sitting down on the floor next to him to look. He curled his tail about himself and tilted his head, inspected the page as he recognized who was drawn upon it. This was no doodle. This was something Ardon would call a work of art. “I would have thought you would have needed a giant piece of paper,” he joked, “Or at least a small canvas. “
Jack laughed lightly.
"Yes, he is a big fellow, Melina told me he has lost a fair bit as Forge called it, his chubbiness and he looks more well built, so I tried to draw that" Jack replied.
"I think you did pretty well. you got his expression spot on. Have you been drawing all day?" he asked, he hadn't seen the man since earlier this morning.
Jack nodded lightly.
"Banned from official business, Mark is running Torchwood 5 at the moment, he got the professor to sign me off so I just been doing this and reading," Jack admitted.
“Going crazy yet from being held back from you normal routine?”
Very, but I fear the wrath of Melina more and if Mark gangs up with her...urgh" Jack said.
Ardon had to give a half smile. He knew how frustrating it could be being cooped up for so long.
"You've saved the world countless times, fought countless enemies yet you're scared of Mel," snorted the gold with a laugh.
"Well you go tell her then, I bet if you did a particular bold wing would make you sit on your rump" Jack laughed.
Ardon grinned, “Well…. Maybe in the very least we could ask her to clear you for a fly. Some fresh air might do you good if you’re feeling up to it.” The dragon suggested hopefully.
Unread Dec 9th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #6
IapetusCas
Black & White

“Of course, I cannot see a reason why not” Jack said putting down his sketchbook and getting up, he was on the mend but movements were still not as quick as they were, the man had been through a massive ordeal, super human or not, he still needed time to recover.
Ardon and Jack went for a fly around the facilities lands, no dare devil stunts today but Ardon still did some gentle manoeuvres, rising and falling on the thermals, allowing the dragon to stretch his wings and Jack to get some fresh air.
Jack always enjoyed flying with Ardon and although there was no stunt flying today, it was indeed a nice day and a great experience to fly with a dragon, he imagined the dragons were happy they had ambitious and fearless dragon riders, especially for Zyra, Melina loved Zyra’s stunt flying, as she glided across the air.
A few days later, the new Academy was coming together nicely as the final bits of painting needed to be done and the final bits added to make the academy a truly unique and welcoming place, no longer the dull steel walls or the bland lighting, it was indeed a big transformation, where everyone had helped out.
Melina was putting on some sketches and unique designs on the one wall while the other dragons finished off painting the one part, now all the electrics had been fitted.
"So," began Zyra as she brushed a few fresh strokes of a warm grey into the wall, “when is this new person arriving again?"
"Soon, I think," replied Ardon, reaching up to the higher parts of the wall on his hind legs.
"Be interesting who they're bringing in now," commented Comox.
Sam had joined the dragons finishing off some of the other bits, since work was low in the labs it allowed him to do something different for a change.
He overheard the conversation the dragons were having.
“I’m surprised you don’t keep up with staff changes, Torchwood 5 is getting rid of the old Hornet fighters and replacing them with the Endeavor class ones, so we need a squadron leader and someone to oversee air operations” Sam said as he finished painting his part.
Dr Sam had seen the designs and it seemed they were much more sleek and Aerodynamic than the older ships, with all weapons and payloads hidden away to reduce drag, he had thought the designers had taken inspiration from the bold wings.
"I normally am," huffed Ardon, "but with Jack on the side-lines Mark has neglected keeping me updated on much. I think he prefers me to this kind of work rather than the goings on with the facility."
Melina chuckled lightly over hearing.
“Well, Mark is just trying to keep things running while Jack is recovering, from the sounds this person is a bit of a dare devil and loves flying, you never know could be another potential Atillu?” Melina said as she glanced over to Comox briefly.
Comox wasn't really paying attention and missed the woman's glance.
"Yeah, maybe. We'll have to see what they're all about." Said Ardon, almost puffing up like he had the final say of approval.
Meanwhile Daniel had gone towards the entrance of the portal, taking photos of the entrance and seemed to be inspecting it as if looking for every scrap of information on this area.
Soon the ground shook as Vonriir appeared, Daniel had thought the large dragon would be with the others, out of the way but not so it seemed as he approached Daniel’s location.
"Ah Daniel, how are you doing today?" Said Vonriir jovially as he spotted the man in the portal room.

"Oh..hello Vonriir, just checking the security systems were still good with our prized equipment, now that it is I can complete my reports" he said though there had been a small gap between von asking the question and Daniel responding.
"Ah well that's good. Anything that I may help ya with?" Inquired the large dragon.
Daniel shook his head.
“No, I think I have all I need, are you out of work in the dragon academy?” he asked the giant bronze dragon.
"For the moment it seems like," replied Vonriir.
The man was quiet for a moment as he tried to think of something, it was not nice being under the gaze of the giant dragon, let alone trying to work on his own private project.
“Why…why don’t you help the hanger manager, he has 20 old fighters to shift before the new ones come in, I’m sure he appreciate it” Daniel said to the massive crag back.
Vonriir beamed, his tail swaying behind him, "that was my task earlier. Done and done," he said proudly.
Daniel looked a little surprised.
“All 20 of them? You sorted?, how on earth did you clear all of them” the man replied to the dragon, simply in awe or acting in awe at Vonriir’s efficiency.
"Just got them ready to ship off," shrugged the large dragon but then smiled at the unintentional pun, chuckling. "Ship off, heh. They're off to the new owners imagine. Still good machines from what I told. But our new... flock? Seems to be quite an upgrade."
Daniel nodded lightly.
“Yes…an upgrade indeed, why don’t you head to the academy and give Melina a hand with some jobs, I am sure the professor would appreciate it” Daniel suggested.
"Sure. That sounds like a good idea. Have a good day, Daniel," said Vonriir cheerily as he lumbered off
Mark was completing reports and keeping the base running smoothly while Jack recovered, he was doing a very good job but had allowed reports to pile up and was now getting round to do them now it was quiet, but the man was not going to have that luxury.
Without a knock or request to come in, veyron stepped into marks office where the man was working, hopping onto his desk.
Mark shook his head lightly and sighed.
“You ever heard of knocking Veyron?, what you after” Mark said looking up from his laptop.
"Have you noticed anything.... odd from certain employees since our return from Japan?" Quizzed Veyron.
Mark gave the small dragon a funny look.
“What you mean anything odd?” Mark asked, not understanding what the wraith was on about this time.
"Yes," was all Veyron replied, looking at mark with bright green eyes, hoping he wasn't the only one who had noticed.
Mark shook his head lightly.
“Nope, cant say that I have no, why have you?” Mark asked the dragon.
Veyron looked vaguely disappointed, "it's just that... neither Daniel or Martin seem.... hm, they seem a bit strange is what I'm trying to say”.
“Oh?, I can go and speak with them if you like, if it puts your mind at ease” Mark offered.
"No, no," said veyron quickly with a firm voice, "Don't."
Mark rolled his eyes.
“No idea what has gotten into you Veyron, you been drinking that Kentucky special whisky again?, I knew it was a bad idea” Mark said not understanding the Wraith’s behaviour of late.
Veyron scoffed at this, "just don't say anything to them, alright?" He said, his request sounding rather close to an order. It was obviously important to the small dragon.
Mark did not appreciate the tone but decided not to rock the boat.
“Alright Veyron, we do it your way, but watch your tone, now unless you got anything else go amuse yourself” Mark said getting on with his work.
Unread Dec 11th, 2017, 10:46 AM   #7
Aerazura
the listener

The next few days were filled with more renovations and general running around the facility. Things were quite in regards to any sign of the brown dragon, which everyone seemed to appreciate, especially at a time like this with their leader in recovery.

Saturday finally rolled around and the dragons were given the day off to relax and do as they would, the last of the renovation being handed back over to the pros with the more complicated endeavors.
It was well into summer and the dragons delighted in this just fine, especially the Boldwings. While their Torchwood home was no tropical oasis, they took each sunny day with joy, the warmer the better.
The younger dragons spent the afternoon playing a game of skyball before heading down to their favourite spot by the creek to relax and chat away. Their clearing was bright and lit with the summer sun, spots of shade framing their small glen where trees stood.

“Guys against Gals, I don’t think they’ll be asking for that again,” laughed Zyra as she settled by the creek, flashing a smile to Hitteki.
Hitteki grinned back, pleased with the result.
"What can I say, us girls are not to be underestimated, especially not us" Hitteki said.
The girls gave each other a high five and laughed.
Ardon grumbled but good naturedly, “Maybe we let you guys win…”
“Oh you thought you had it in the bag. You had no idea. Skyball is more than just speed. It’s finesse and strategy, something Hitteki and I seem to possess in greater quantity.”
Comox laughed and shook his head slightly. Ardon’s pride was always on the line but today he seemed to be taking the loss gracefully. He normally was quite moody when a win was taken from him but not today.
All this teasing was good natured banter between the dragons but between Ardon and Zyra, there seemed to be a little more lying under the surface of the jokes and friendly taunting though no one was brave enough to point it out.
The conversation flowed from amicable competition to the facility as the dragon chattered about the new look of it all. The feel of the place has really changed since the renovations began.
"I am liking the new facility decorations, it makes it seem more natural and open, not that I minded the metal, it adds character" Hitteki said to the bold wing.
Zyra nodded, “Yes, It feels…. Cozier to me. Not so industrial looking.”
“Your labs haven’t changed,” said Ardon.
“No, and they shouldn’t. They need to be clean and sterile and free of any embellishments to cut down on any chance of contamination,” replied Zyra matter of factly.
“Ah, of course,” nodded Ardon, kicking himself for not thinking of that obvious fact.
“The living wall was a great idea. I’m surprised it came out of your head, Ardy.” Teased Comox, flicking a leaf at his friend.
“Something I saw when I was with Jack. I thought it was kinda interesting. The pool is my favourite though,”
The group all voiced their agreement to this. It was something they weren’t sure that would be approved but were mightily glad it did.
Later, Ardon was the first to his feet and shake out his wings, voicing the idea to head back for lunch. Comox and Hitteki were still talking but the gold turned to the Boldwing.
“Race you back?” he asked.
“You haven’t a chance in hell,” replied zyra, unfurling her own wings.

Veyron was dozing on one of the lofted lit shelves that now ran along the top of the halls. In lieu of a hammer or paintbrush, he had opted for a quick nap in the warm and safety of these new hiding places.
The sound of footsteps roused him from his light sleep. Green eyes opening he perked up and eased his neck over the edge of the shelf, looking into the hall below.
Martin was walking beneath him and the little wraith watched with vague interest. Something was a little off but he couldn’t place it. The way the man walked? His posture? He couldn’t tell. Veyron was starting to think his paranoia was creeping back but he couldn’t shake the feeling. When the man disappeared from view the little dragon curled back up and let out a contented sigh, looking at a new mobile phone that he was often seen texting on since his return from Japan. Nothing appeared on the screen as it lit up when he checked it. He frowned slightly, only a second of disappointment bubbling up before he cast it aside. He was getting dangerously close to having a heart and he dared not sink into that. That wasn’t the wraith’s way but he couldn’t deny that the positive attention was a nice change from the energy around here.
He set the mobile down and stretched out with a yawn before drifting off again.
Unread Today, 10:43 AM   #8
IapetusCas
Black & White

The next few days the dragons continued with the decorating as the academy was coming together, looking allot more like home and vibrant, indeed the transformation had caught the staff’s attention as they marvelled at the change.
However, this morning would be a special time as Torchwood 5 would be welcoming a new addition to its staff, a head pilot and squadron leader to compliment the new fighters going to be delivered to the facility.
Ardon saw Zyra walking back from studying and trotted over, seeing she was headed to the canteen. He bumped his shoulder into hers playfully. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" He joked.
Zyra raised an eyebrow as a wry smile twisted its way across her lips, "oh do pardon me," she said coyly, turning her gate into a prance, taking the lead.
Ardon trotted after her but she waved so they he couldn't get ahead of her, laughing.
As the two of them entered the canteen Melina was there talking to Mark who had asked her to sign some papers, merely boring paperwork to sign off on things.
Melina turned to see the two dragons head for Toby who was serving food out for the staff in the morning.
Jack also appeared with Vonriir accompanying them as the commander talked about the new staff member arriving at the facility soon.
The large dragons tail wavered back and forth, " I look forward to welcoming them to the team."
Mark tried not to roll his eyes at Vonriir’s comments.
“You would big guy, another person to dish out pets and scratches, I was hoping you be the big intimidating figure” Mark said as Melina chuckled.
“Yeah for all of 5 minutes” she said.
"I'm sure I could muster a growl if needed" says Vonriir but chuckled instead. He wasn't very good at pretending to be mean.
“Let us all be nice, they are coming from the elite of the EA to come work for us, I am eager to see them, plus the new shiny” Jack said pouring himself a cup of coffee.
"Don't let Ardon hear you say that. He'll get jealous," laughed Vonriir.
Jack chuckled lightly at the massive Crag Back’s comments.
“Oh I think he has….other things that he is focussed on” Jack said as Melina took a glance and smiled.
“Maybe. Think they noticed us watching them” Melina asked Jack.
“Brathille will kick in in a mo” grinned Jack folding his arms.
As if on cue Ardon’s head swivelled around from his playful conversation with Zyra. He sidled over a bit as he walked so he wasn't so close to her as they approached their Attilus while Zyra adopted a look of casual elegance.
Melina smiled at Jack who winked back as the professor greeted the approaching dragons, as they attempted to act casually.
“Oh hey you two, wondered when you notice us, we going to meet the new person joining our team, we all about to go to the hanger, you coming?” Melina asked.
"Of course," nodded Ardon. "I want to see who this mystery person is."
“Great let’s go, since its warm we can all go up on the fighter lift, so we can bring it down with us once they land, either that or Vonriir can carry it” Jack lightly joked.
"I don't want to be responsible for any fancy new machinery," smiled the large dragon.
The team used the hanger lift which took the dragons and humans up to the surface, it was massive
enough for everyone plus extra room, it was used to transport heavy goods down and the larger shuttles that needed support rather than use Vonriir.
They all stood away from the landing pad as Mark sent Melina a message on her tablet that a fighter was approaching and had been given permission to land.
Soon a sparkling white ship came into view quickly, the sun bouncing off the pristine panels, it looked very different to the usual ships, very aerodynamic and looked very nimble as it flew past as it came into land on the pad.
"Very elegant looking," marvelled Zyra.
Vonriir nodded in agreement.
"Looks fast," said Ardon.
"Bit of bold wing inspiration I think look at the smooth plating" Melina observed as she looked at the bold wing dragoness for her opinion.
"Coincidence," said Zyra but the other dragons did seem impressed.
Soon the ship came in and landed smoothly, landing in a elegant fashion as the engines powered down, allowing the team to see in detail the ship that their new staff member had brought, it was marked with EA logo’s but also had a name etched on the side in a flashy black colour.
Soon the cockpit door at the side opened and a pilot got out, using the steps that opened out, allowing them down as they climbed down.
They wore a a typical EA pilot uniform and a interactive helmet and headset to aid pilots and to enhance vision, Jack felt they looked a little slender in build to be a male but soon the pilot removed their helmet and brown hair that fell to their shoulders, bright blue eyes looking upon them as Melina smiled, their new recruit was female.
Zyra flashed a small smile at Melina, the girls side of the team was growing.
As protocol Ardon stepped forward to introduce himself and the dragons.
"Welcome. I am Ardon, guardian of Commander Jack Harkness." He said with pride in his voice, "this is Zyra, guardian to Professor Goodwin."
To this the bold wing nodded. Ardon introduced the others each in turn and they voiced their own small welcome.
“Welcome to Torchwood 5, I’m Jack Harkness, I oversee operations here” he said shaking her hand.
“Martina Williams, Squad leader, EA falcon division” Martina said
“I’m pleased to meet you, hope you enjoy working here with these guys” Melina said shaking her hand warmly, secretly glad it was another female here.
Martina smiled and looked around.
“Wow, you all look incredible up close, I am honoured to be here, I was told I was in for a treat but wow and wow, look at you big guy” Martina said.
Vonriir smiled down at her. He wasn't wearing his glasses so he lowered his head to see her better, "a pleasure to meet you."
“Vonriir is our biggest dragon but he is a very loyal and gentle giant Martina, he is an asset to our team” Jack said.
“I’m so excited to see you all I heard so much about this place, well from Amelia, we are strictly a secret organization she said with a grin, Melina smiled, Martina would fit in right at home here.
They all came down into the facility on the pad as they disappeared undergrounds and the doors closed up with Grass being moved back over.
Once they were off Jack gestured them to have a tour of the facility.
"We're excited that you will be joining our team," said Ardon.
Zyra saw that he was holding perfect posture with his neck arched proudly and smiled to herself.
"Yes, we hope you like it here," she added.
“I’m sure I will, I been told you all live on the base?, it suits me been used to living in military quarters, hope you don’t mind me bringing some personal things” Martina asked.
"Of course not," said Ardon.
"We've done a little sprucing up, ourselves. Added a bit of a personal touch to the base to make it feel more like home," added Vonriir.
“Oh great, can’t wait for the tour, where should I put Avalon here” Martina tapped on the smooth hull of the ship.
"Is that what you named your ship?" Inquired Vonriir.
Martina nodded.
“Yeah, got to name your ship, I’m big into mystical names and Celtic things, so named it Avalon, then I take care of it, ensure its well maintained, so lucky you, got the newest ship to your fleet” Martina said.
"Lucky is indeed," smiled Ardon, giving it another look.
The group continued with Martina, showing off the dragon academy and its new look, which went down a treat with Martina, soon they passed the labs which the woman showed interest as well, it pleased Melina the woman had some scientific knowledge as this was hers and Zyra’s pride and joy.
Soon they went to the control centre and the other areas with the gold acting as the tour guide.
"This is our central hub. All the halls here connect to various points of the academy." Explained Ardon as the group walked.
Vonriir trotted after them with a quake inducing gate
Melina watched as she noticed Vonriir take an interest in their new guest, as he sped up the ground shook lightly.
“She has got someone’s attention already” Melina said quietly to the bold wing.
"I noticed too," Zyra whispered back, wondering. Vonriir was chatty but now he was even more talkative than usual
Melina nodded as Ardon and Jack showed their new addition round the facility, she marvelled at the effort and work done in this facility.
“It is a wonderful place, this dragon academy is superb, makes Avalon look redundant here” Martina said laughing lightly.
"Oh, I'm sure your ship gets to and fro much quicker than dragon back," smiled the large dragon. "Might complain less too," he added with a chuckle
Martina laughed lightly, loving Vonriir’s humour and friendly demeanour, Jack gave Ardon a look, could these two bond?, Vonriir was really pulling out his best gentlemen like behaviour.
“Vonriir is chatty, we might have another bond” Whispered Jack to the gold.
Ardon’s eyes were bright when he turned to look at him. "I don't know if I'm excited at the possibility or if I actually feel something in the air. Energy." He replied
Jack looked at him puzzled.
“What do you, can you. Sense a potential bond?, remember James and Alyia, I felt something, maybe Brathille notifies other or because of our unique circumstances our version is more heightened” Jack suggested.
"Maybe," said Ardon, remembering the bond on Quardra. The feeling was similar.
Jack wondered if they would bond, it would be quick but Vonriir’s actions and behaviours seemed to indicate that it had the potential of happening.
The large crag back kept close and chatted away, helping the tour along merrily. He sensed a flicker of ... something but couldn't place it.
“This is an amazing facility big guy, you honour me by following me around for this tour, do you all have tasks? Or duties here” Martina asked the dragons.
"We do," replied Ardon before going on to explain what the dragons got up to.
"Some days are more eventful than others added Vonriir.
Martina nodded lightly.
“Well looks like I got allot of learning to do here, it is a fair bit here, you wouldn’t know all of this goes on underground” Martina said, her bubbly and sweet personality so far seemed to be a hit with everyone.
"Yeah, our own hidden home down here," smiled Zyra.
"We do value our privacy. It's harder to come by above ground in the public eye." Said Ardon.
"Being dragons and all," smiled Vonriir.
Martina smiled.
“Of course, well I best head back to Avalon and get my cases to my newly assigned quarters, freshen up and all that stuff girls are supposed to do” she laughed as Melina smiled at the comment.
"I can help you with your things if you like," Vonriir offered kindly.
“Oh do not be silly, I can do it myself, I do not want to set a bad impression” Martina said.
“I think Vonriir would be honoured to show you to your quarters” Jack said with a smile, looking up at the massive Crag back.
"I would be happy to," the dragon confirmed with a happy nod. "Hospitalities of the dragon academy."
“Alright I be honoured” Martina said as Vonriir followed her back to the transport.
Martina asked a few more questions to the Crag back as he chatted away, making the woman feel welcome as they went back to the Avalon, she opened up the one compartment which contained belongings and bags which the massive dragon happily took.
He led Martina to the guest room which would be her quarters for staying on the base, the only one who did not make the base their home from a senior staff level was Mark.
"There you are, Lady Martina." He said, putting down her things for her.
“Your awesome, thank you Vonriir, such a kind dragon, how on earth do they feed you” Martina said looking up at the bronze dragon.
Vonriir smiled and chuckled lightly, "with only minor difficultly or so they tell me. Slow metabolism. I don't need to eat as often as the younger dragons do." He explained.
Martina laughed lightly.
“Amazing, I speak to you later Vonriir, lovely to meet you” Martina said as she carried the cases into her new quarters.