The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > Polls & Opinions > Just Ask!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread Oct 11th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
Drago - Let's Talk Art!

So I've always been wanting to start one of these threads that's solely just art related.
So ask me questions such as:

What mediums are used in my art?
What program is used?
When did I start drawing?

Etc etc.

This should be fun!
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 11th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Jogu
As good as it gets.
 
Jogu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,121
Do you plan on going to art school?
__________________
More than jazz or musical theater or morbid obesity
Jogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
Yes I do! I'll be going to CalArts biggest competitor, Sheridan College in Oakville, ON, Canada. I'll be graduating high school next year. I'll be taking the 4 year 2D animation program
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Jogu
As good as it gets.
 
Jogu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 1,121
You already got accepted? Nice. C:
__________________
More than jazz or musical theater or morbid obesity
Jogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
No I havent
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Ariel
ssshhhhaaaannneeeeeee
 
Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 2,201
Have you looked into OCAD? Its the best art uni in Toronto. Its super respectable and i'll be applying myself... for Photography though
__________________
Ariel<3

| Shane | Ferg | Jazz | [url=

[SIZE="1"]
Do bad things.
[/size]
| TLKFAA | DeviantArt | Twitter |
Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Tru
Registered User
 
Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 442
Have you started on your portfolio? Just glancing at the requirements, it's quite extensive and detailed in the requirements. Or have you been to an open house? That really gives you a good idea of what you're getting into and if the school really fits you or not.

I myself am planning to attend Expression College which is literally five blocks from Pixar Studios. It's a good school and has a nice and speedy program. A full bachelor in 2.5 years rather than the typical 4. However, I am also getting my Associates in Art first to complete my general ed as well as my basic art classes.

Also, why are you only majoring in 2D animation? While most of us prefer it, those of us who want that career have to realize that it is no longer practical. While Disney may have an occasional 2D film, the majority of all Animation Studios are 3D.
__________________

~No other road, No other way. No Day but Today.~
TLKFAA~DA
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
Have you looked into OCAD? Its the best art uni in Toronto. Its super respectable and i'll be applying myself... for Photography though
I haven't. I think I probably should, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru
Have you started on your portfolio? Just glancing at the requirements, it's quite extensive and detailed in the requirements. Or have you been to an open house? That really gives you a good idea of what you're getting into and if the school really fits you or not.

I myself am planning to attend Expression College which is literally five blocks from Pixar Studios. It's a good school and has a nice and speedy program. A full bachelor in 2.5 years rather than the typical 4. However, I am also getting my Associates in Art first to complete my general ed as well as my basic art classes.

Also, why are you only majoring in 2D animation? While most of us prefer it, those of us who want that career have to realize that it is no longer practical. While Disney may have an occasional 2D film, the majority of all Animation Studios are 3D.

1) Portfolio: I'll be working on it next semester and all the way through next year (final year unless something happens where I have to take 5th year for some reason).

2) "Open House": Yes, went in the end of May of this year! Asked tons of questions and whatnot, got to know people, have a few friends that went there. It's pretty awesome!

3) I've talked to people about it, such as my teacher who has been into all kinds of medias: Advertizing, animation, ....really, you name it, and she said it's fine. I thought the same thing, I'm like "Is there really a demand for it?" And she replied with, "oh yeah. Jazz, you have NO IDEA. Shoot for it, and once you're done that and they hire you, they will teach you 3D."
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #9
Ariel
ssshhhhaaaannneeeeeee
 
Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 2,201
I totally recommend it! That school has AMAZING feedback and they always do a huge open house/art night with works all over the city of toronto done by students. It really is amazing. Also I think Humber college has a really good animation and art program. I'm also applying to those! haha Are you going next year to college? I should have been in my 3rd year now but we moved to ottawa and I changed my major, but in the fall ill be going to one of these schools for journalism/photo/art lol.
__________________
Ariel<3

| Shane | Ferg | Jazz | [url=

[SIZE="1"]
Do bad things.
[/size]
| TLKFAA | DeviantArt | Twitter |
Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #10
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I totally recommend it! That school has AMAZING feedback and they always do a huge open house/art night with works all over the city of toronto done by students. It really is amazing. Also I think Humber college has a really good animation and art program. I'm also applying to those! haha Are you going next year to college? I should have been in my 3rd year now but we moved to ottawa and I changed my major, but in the fall ill be going to one of these schools for journalism/photo/art lol.
No! I'm in grade 11, actually! I'm so young! xP haha!
But I'll definitely check it out!

Oh by the way, since we're on the topic of art (somewhat), I AM still working on your commission. I apologize it's taking so long, life sort of happened; should get done some time really soon!
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 13th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #11
Ariel
ssshhhhaaaannneeeeeee
 
Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 2,201
Haha! Oh no worries take your time! Gr 11 was one of the best years of my life!!!!!!!!
__________________
Ariel<3

| Shane | Ferg | Jazz | [url=

[SIZE="1"]
Do bad things.
[/size]
| TLKFAA | DeviantArt | Twitter |
Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 15th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #12
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
Haha! Oh no worries take your time! Gr 11 was one of the best years of my life!!!!!!!!
Okay! And I hope I could say the same at the end if the year, LOL
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM   #13
Drago
Since 2006!
 
Drago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,613
meow.
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Styles © their respective creators.