The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussion > Personal Profiles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Feb 18th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #51
Lexus
obey Floyd

and yeh that's a young male lion.. he's got wee spots that'll fade X)
Unread Feb 18th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #52
Leo
I'm your humble Leo, your friend of friends

Location: Where its very green, and tawny fur is most useless as camoflauge
Thanks much! . . .

Hmm. . . ., they cant be movie clips, can they? How do I down the file size (KB)?

Last edited by LeadLion : Feb 18th, 2004 at 03:11 PM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 19th, 2004, 10:04 AM   #53
Lexus
obey Floyd

Your avatar can be a movie clip if you want :3 I'll try to resize it and then PM you ;D
Unread Feb 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #54
Leo

Thanks, guess wich one it is I was reffering to.

Hey, I was responding to a question, and something struck me. I started typing away on the emotions that surged out, then when I was done I decided it was completely off topic, so I trimmed it. But I couldnt get rid of it so I copied it before I trimmed it, if you care for a sob story, and maybe a little violin music perhaps? lol, seriously though, just typed it as the thoughts came pouring.

I never realy thought about it. . . .lets see, . . . . I first saw it when I was in the foster home. It was rough times so the fantasy, the second world was very appealing to me then. It kinda stuc with me. I wanted to play pretend on it, but I got teased, then harrased (I was about 10). Since I didnt have anyone to share the fealing with I locked it away, and forgot about it. I grew up alarmingly fast then, or so Im told. I still wanted to have fun, but I was ultamatly cold and depressed in between those rare occasions someone would talk with me. On those occasions though my child-ly self would pop out, I was silly, funny, stupid. I finnaly honned down myself about the time I saw TLK again, last year. It hit me hard realy. . .but I moved on. Then I suddenly decided I liked lions alot, didnt know why. So I went on to the internet and did well over eight hours of research. I bumped into the archive, and that rattled me alot. I was eager to join in at first, then the stupid steriotypes and suspitions of an adult came to mind. "Wait a minute, either all these people are kids, or weirdo's", so I passed it on. I decided to check the place out again, and I explored deeper, then saw that Shayde was artist of the month, interesting name, so I checked out her work. And I e-mailed her asking about theplace finaly, and she replied with this place, lilymud.

And that leads up to now, where Im currently trying to decide on this stuff. I want to join in on the fun, all the childhood fun, but have a hard time with being an older teen, and doing so. Granted alot of the people here are doing so, that lot of people are also girls. . . so that still leaves me wary on the idea of being an elder teen guy, doing roleplaying and pretend.

Im Realy screwed up right now by this *lol*, kind of facing some moral delemmas and moral conflict here. . .

Sad, aint it? lol
Unread Feb 19th, 2004, 03:30 PM   #55
Kabaka
Relic

Not at all... If it's what you enjoy, then enjoy it! That's about as simple as it gets!

Hakuna Matata
Unread Feb 19th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #56
RckyMtnSV
Merlin says MWAOR!!!

No, its not really sad....If you were teased about it, and that left you with the impression that its not ok to be silly and play and have fun in the TLK universe, or elsewhere, then its not gonna come easy right away. But however you approach it, I know I, or anyone else in this place would never look down on you in any way.
I know I had some of the same feelings when I first found lilymud and fa.lk.org, and truth be told, I'm not sure how my 3 roommates would react if they knew I was becoming much more involved in this universe. Course, the reality would probably be they wouldnt give a rip about it, its just my imagination compounding some of the worries I had about it, and more and more I realize that if thats part of what I enjoy in life, then who cares - they probably wont. But I know how your hesitation affects the thinking...However you decide to express it is fine.

Some people are like slinkies -- Not really good for anything, but you cant help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Are you bored like I am? AIM me, so we'll be a little less bored.

I want my $1.30!!!
RckyMtnSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 19th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #57
Leo

Yeah, thanks. My next big move, however, is an attempt at making an avatar for myself. And the boldest part in that? Well, I decided I was gonna show my more, sensitive side in my fursona by adding a crimson or black "bow" on the end of it, er, my tail. I would have feared people getting the wrong impression of my, er, choice of life style? But you guy-er, girls and guys wouldnt care anywase, so long as it looks good. Boy, Im having serious trouble with the angle Im drawin myself at, the shoulders just arent coming out well. Exhasting, realy.