The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > Fantasy/Mystical Roleplay
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Sep 7th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #1
Aerazura
the listener

Jack & Ardon || Skahrsen's Resurrection

The days and weeks following Jack, Ardon and Forge’s return from the ribbon were taken at a slow pace as things steadily returned to normal, or as normal as they could get after such an experience. Ardon and Jack flew up to Scotland to attend his parent’s funeral and had the melancholy duty to help sort out affairs. It was trying after what they had seen in the ribbon and Ardon felt waves of guilt having pulled Jack away from that happiness but the man always seemed to insist that they did the right thing.
Forge stayed at the facility while the top two staff where away, feeling a sense of obligation to watch over the place despite there being Vonriir and other staff still about. When the other returned the great silver dragon took his leave, vanishing through the portal to fine peace on his island. The silver had seemed rather quiet, or more quiet than usual, since his return, perhaps some sun and the sound of crashing waves would soothe the troubled dragon.
Mark and Veyron had returned from their holiday up north looking a little rougher around the edges, perhaps from the indulgence they participated in, but otherwise happy. The two of them seemed to have a mutual understanding and while Mark still appeared to be not really a fan of dragons, he tolerated Veyron well enough.
Despite his life experienced in the ribbon, Ardon still felt his heartbeats quicken in his chest whenever her spoke to Zyra. Nothing yet had come up between them but there had been a subtle change in the way they spoke to another.
Comox had seen that clearly as of late. The playful eye contact, the way they spoke to one another and lately they seemed even more inseparable. He had little time to dwell over this, however, as it still seemed that Hitteki was pursuing him and his work with Baxter had been growing more complex as the Boldwing dove into complicated tasks. The dragon was really starting to become proficient in the intermediate levels of Baxter’s profession and seemed to find his own calling on earth at last.
Almost two months after the ribbon incident Zyra began to count down the days till Melina’s milestone birthday, 30. She wanted to make it a special one and had already begun planning in secret. Zyra loved her Attilu dearly and wanted the very best for her and to show her how much she meant to not only her but everyone else. A party celebrating her with everyone invited seemed a fitting way to do just that.
She felt bad for lying but Melina was clever and she didn’t want her finding out so she suggested a small lunch for just the two of them to celebrate, picking the woman’s favourite place to eat along the coast to throw her off the scent. This would allow Melina to get out of the facility while she could leave Ardon and the others to set up.
Zyra shared her plan with Jack, who approved, and discussed details with Ardon, enlisting his help with preparations. They picked a day and sent out private invites to everyone, letting them know it was a secret and not to spoil the surprise, even bribing Veyron to keep his mouth shut with a bottle of the good stuff.
“Hey Ardon, will you come across with me again, I want to see if Forge is back,” Zyra asked Ardon one morning over breakfast. The past two times they had jumped through the portal to tell the silver their party plans he had been missing. Bronan and Tahsis hadn’t seen him either.
“Sure, we can go check, hang on and let me finish this,” nodded Ardon, tilting the bowl he was eating from back and licking his lips.
“I could have waited a bit longer than that. You eat like food is going to be taken away from you if you don’t wolf it down,” teased Zyra.
“I like to say I’m enthusiastic about eating,” grinned Ardon, getting to his feet to follow her.
“Well at least it doesn’t show under those scales,” laughed Zyra.
Ardon threw his head back and strutted past her. Zyra shook her head and laughed to herself, “You’re a nut, you know that?”
“And proud!” snorted the gold as they made it towards the portal room.
“Where you two off to?” asked Vonriir as he passed going the opposite way.
“To see if Forge is back. He’s been elusive lately,” explained Zyra.
Vonriir nodded, “Yes he has. Good luck.”
Once in the portal room Ardon logged their trip and they passed though the shimmering wall beneath the archway.
“Stars!” exclaimed Zyra as they appeared through the other side and were suddenly drenched by an absolute downpour.
“Run!” laughed Ardon and they pegged it for cover. They made it to an overhang of rock and looked out onto the beach where they had run from. Thoroughly soaked through the scale Ardon wiped off droplets of rain from his brow. “Looks like we arrived in the middle of a tropical storm.”
“Is that normal for here?” asked Zyra. She was used to the usual sunny weather on the islands here. Rarely had they ever shown up and been put off by rain. It was coming down in sheets now, falling endlessly. The sky and sea were dull shades of grey, a far cry from the brilliant blues that were the usual.
“Yeah, they usually get one or two big ones at the beginning of spring and end of summer as the weather changes,” said Ardon, looking around, “Come on.”
They left the safety of their shelter and braved the rain but as Zyra ducked her head the downpour stopped, just over her it seemed. She looked up and Ardon had faired a wing as a makeshift umbrella over her.
“How kind,” she said in a rather posh voice that made Ardon laugh.
Together they walked to the home cave that wasn’t far. Bronan was standing at the entrance and stood back to let them in out of the rain.
“I thought I heard the portal. Back looking for Forge?” he asked them.
“Yeah, we only have a week to go and I want to make sure he’s attending,” said Zyra, “Is he still not here?”
The leathery sound of wet wings could be heard outside and the silver suddenly appeared.
“Remarkable timing, brother,” smiled Bronan as Forge shook off under the overhang and walked inside with the others. He spotted Ardon and Zyra.
“Is everything alright?” he asked them.
“Yes of course. We just wanted to invite you to Melina’s birthday-“ started Ardon.
“It’s on Sunday,” Forge said, and Ardon was surprised that he remembered.
“Yes,” nodded Zyra. “But we’re celebrating on Saturday. It’s a surprise party so she doesn’t know. Bronan and Tahsis already said they’ll come but will you?”
“Of course,” nodded the silver, setting down something wrapped in leaves on a ledge while he reshuffled his wings, not liking the damp feeling on the membrane.
“Great. Arrive between noon and one, I’ll be out with Mel and we’ll come back to the surprise,” instructed Zyra.
“I understand,” replied Forge.
“Thanks, see you guys in a week, we should get back to the facility,” said Ardon as they turned to leave. There was still a lot of preparation to be done.
“Take the rain with you if you don’t mind!” Bronan called after them as he and Forge watched them race out through the rain onto the beach once more. Even on land, Zyra’s speed was impressive. She beat the gold to the portal and pretended to check her watch while he caught up. Forge looked out after them, recalling the scenes within the ribbon.
“They seem to be getting on well lately,” chuckled Bronan. “Each time they’ve come looking for you they’ve been together. Tahsis all aflutter.”
Forge didn’t reply other than a brief nod in recognition that he’d heard him as he turned away to go dry off by the fire.
Aerazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 7th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #2
IapetusCas
Black & White

The preparations were under way for Melina’s surprise birthday party, the professor did not have a clue what was going on as she continued her work unawares of the dragoness was plotting a massive party.
Melina decided to take some time off her lab duties, feeling fully confident in Dr Sam and Josh’s abilities to continue the work while she rested up.
Melina buried her head in a book and was reading something with great interest, it wasn’t the woman’s usual reading material but the woman was engrossed in it, writing notes on a scrapbook and checking up things on her tablet.
Zyra walked in through the door to their quarters and smiled as Melina as she was reading.
"What have you got there? Any good?" She asked.
Melina looked up and smiled.
“Oh hello stranger, wondered where you got to, I am reading theories on parallel universes and schematics on the portal by Professor Baxter” Melina said waving the papers she had acquired.
"Oh, not your usual style," said the dragoness, laying down on the floor, "caught your interest?"
Melina gave a sheepish smile as she highlighted another line on the papers on the bed.
“Well, like to try new things, more maths than I like to think about, Baxter keeps accurate notes as well, just reading up on things, what about you?, what you been up to Doctor” Melina asked with a small smile.
"Not much. Popped over to Kilara with Ardy and visited. It's stormy over there today," said the dragoness.
“Oh?, why were you over there? With Ardon again missy?, some people might start talking” the professor teased lightly.
Zyra nudged the chair she was sitting in playfully. "Oh shush. It's nothing. We were just talking with his family a bit. Forge was gone for some time."
Melina laughed, getting up from the chair, “Oh my girl, have I touched somewhere tender it seems, you and your little project” Melina continued teasing.
"My project?" Grinned the dragoness coyly. "What do you mean?"
“You know full well, it’s a certain dragon with bright gold scales, gives you the love-struck look when you appear, makes you smile, that particular project” Melina grinned.
Zyra raised her nose to the air and closed her eyes, "I have no idea what you're talking about," she replied in a silly tone.
Melina laughed and grinned more petting the dragon on the muzzle.
“Oh you know, wait till I inform Jack that my dragon fancies his dragon, be very impressive indeed, I say Zy caught herself a hunk, but a goofy hunk” Melina said laughing, continuing to tease.
"Mel!" Stammered Zyra before catching herself. "Oh you wouldn't..."
Melina laughed, making her way to the door, continuing to tease the bold wing, perhaps the dragoness own feelings bouncing across the link was making the professor act a bit more playful than usual.
Zyra leapt to her feet and blocked the door. She knew the woman was joking but there was some small fear in her that she wasn't kidding. She smiled sheepishly. "Mel don't, please? It's nothing, i swear."
Melina smiled.
“Oh I was kidding Zyra, you worry too much, if it is true I am happy for you, really am, what’s not to like about Ardon?, well other than he is a goof” Melina laughed.
"It's nothing," Zyra reiterate but not with her usual self-assured tone, moving away from the door. "I think."
Melina smiled and nodded lightly to the dragoness.
“Alright, I think I wound you up a little too much, I thought you jump and pin me to the ground” Melian replied back to the bold wing.
"Perhaps if you tried to carry on with your threat," laughed Zyra.
“I wont, come on I make you a cup of tea” Melina said getting tea bags from her store in the room.

Hitteki saw Ardon walking down the corridor and chased after him, Hitteki had been involved in the secret party and planning, running round speaking with Toby and arranging drink and other thinbgs with Vonriir and the hanger manager.
“Ardon!, wait up!” Hitteki said chasing after the golden dragon.
Ardon turned as he walked down the corridor, hearing his name. He stopped as he spotted Hitteki. "What's up?" He asked.
Hitteki panted lightly as she looked up to the golden dragon.
“Have you grown, I don’t remember you being this tall, you seem to be filling out as well guardian Ardon, sorry just noticed more up close” Hitteki said.
Ardon laughed. "Thanks for the compliment but is that why you needed me?" He asked.
Hitteki stood back and spoke.
“Toby has said he prep the food tonight and the cake is all ready, he done a degree shaped theme with dragons on it, plus the hanger manager said the Ardon party pack has arrived, whatever he means by that” Hitteki replied to the gold.
Ardon grinned. "Great. I'm glad it made it in time. I was worried it wouldn't show up in time. Are you still able to help decorate tomorrow?"
Hitteki nodded enthusiastically.
“Of course, oh the hanger manager said, he also brought Liquid refreshment, for humans and dragons, I help him with Vonriir tomorrow, I thought I’d let you know” Hiteki said.
Ardon smiled, "that's perfect, thanks hitteki." He said with a nod. "It should be fun."
Hitteki spoke a bit more on the plans and then left Ardon to continue his journey to his quarters, inside he find Jack packing items away into boxes and taking down photos and packing it away for the short trip down the hall.
“Ardon was growing bigger and broader, Jack had decided the time had come for Ardon and Jack to move into the academy and into a new quarter room so Ardon could complete his journey to adulthood with room to spare.
Ardon stepped inside their quarters and saw Jack packing things away, "what are you doing?" Inquired the dragon.
Jack was putting things in a box and looked up at the dragon.
“Oh, wondered where you gone, you said you help me pack, we are moving rooms remember?, your out growing this room so we are moving to the academy” Jack said.
Ardon look around, almost wistfully. "We've been through a lot, living in this room."
Jack nodded lightly, looking around and seeing their home being dismantled and moving down the hall into the dragon academy quarters.
“I know, it’s been a good room, sadly your growing too big and I did not want you to be on your own down the guardian academy quarters so the guys are doing one of the rooms for us” Jack said, trying to be optimistic.
Ardon smiled, "change is good, right?" Then snorted, laughing, "it will be good to be able to get in and out of the shower room without hitting my crest on the doorframe
Jack laughed lightly.
“Yes your getting a thick, strong crest coming, like your uncle I think, plus your growing like him as well, you might get bigger than him soon enough” Jack said, a hint of pride in his voice as he finished filling the one box and getting the next one ready.
“Grab a box and start packing Golden wonder, then once all done we can start moving this into our new home” Jack said as the gold began helping.
Unread Sep 8th, 2017, 06:56 AM   #3
Aerazura
the listener

Ardon grabbed a box and put a blanket in the bottom so that he could pack things away and not have them break during the journey. He told Jack that he had finally gotten to speak with Forge and invite him to Melina’s birthday bash. They knew that the silver was important to the woman but no one knew the full extent why that was.
He stowed away things in a few boxes, pausing to consider an item here or there that he hadn’t looked at in a while.
“You sure you’re okay with moving? I’ll duck if you’d prefer to stay here,” offered Ardon, already knowing that the man would decline. He always felt guilty when Jack had to forego something on his behalf.
"Don’t be silly, It had to happen one day, the new place will be far more suited for us, you especially, you can go without worrying about hitting the ceiling" Jack said.
“Alright, just making sure,” he teased.
After much of their items were packed away they got the call that the finishing touches of their new room was now complete and ready to move in.
Ardon carried a number of boxes as they made their way down to the academy and Jack unlocked the room. The door swung open and the wide space opened up before them.
Deep cobalt covered most of the walls, trimmed with brushed steel and a grey tile floor. Very masculine and modern as well as practical. Jack’s half of the room, more suited to human needs reached along the left side while beyond the entrance and half partition on the right was Ardon’s side.
"Wow, they done a great job here, amazing" the man said looking around.
"It does, I like the blue on the walls here." he said, noting the colour. It was a soothing, calm sort of azure that the gold approved of quite a bit.
"Yes, modern and matches a lot of our old room decor but sized up and you got a bigger bed with more pillows...spoilt gold," Jack chuckled.
“Yes,” grinned Ardon, setting down on the boxes and hopping onto the dragon bed that was inlaid into the floor. It was huge compared to his other one. He rolled over it like a dog in a stretch of grass, wriggling around happily in their new accommodations.
“Look at all this room to stretch!” he laughed, goofing around already in the midst of their move.

Forge was leaning over a pool, gazing at his reflection. He scrubbed at a mark on his cheek, drawing up water in his paw and tried to polish the imperfection away but with little success. He grumbled to himself, trying again. When that didn’t work he flexed his talons in the sand and had a thought come to him. He scooped up some of the fine grit in his paw and thought it might help scrub away the mark but before he could he heard, “You don’t want to do that,” and turned to see Tahsis.
“Only do that if you’re trying to scrub off sap or tar as a last resort. That will do you no good unless you want to scour up your scales like a hatchling gone amuck,” she chided. “Come, we’ll fix you up.”
Forge begrudgingly got to his feet, not entirely pleased his attempt at grooming had been crashed by his brother’s mate. He thought he straightened up well enough on his own but he had wanted to shine for Melina’s day. Tahsis seemed to realize this as she pulled out a few human things from her collection, one of them being a ,microfiber cloth.
“This will do the trick,” she smiled, setting to work on his brow below his crest.
“Ah, getting party ready already, are we?” asked Bonan, coming into land.
“It seems so,” replied Forge.
“Oh, don’t be a stick in the mud. I know you’re eager to go, even if you won’t show it. Hylen Melina is a good egg,” said Bronan.
“She is,” agreed Tahsis as she made the large silver tilt his head so she could reach.

The next morning Zyra woke early, the excitement from preparing her celebration kept her awake much of the time. She wanted her to be able to sleep in so the Boldwing had to occupy herself with a little reading so that her movement wouldn’t wake her.
Finally 9:30 rolled around and Zyra couldn’t wait any longer.
“Good morning and happy birthday!” cheered the dragoness in a half whisper as she nuzzled Melina’s shoulder to wake her, thrumming softly.
Melina stirred and opened her eyes, giving Zyra a pet and scratches, " Aww thanks Zy, 30 today" She said to the bold wing.
“30 seems like a good number,” smiled the dragoness, “I approve.”
Melina laughed lightly, "it's a big birthday in the human calendar, but I don't feel any older or slowing down, quite the opposite," Melina replied.
“Being bonded to a dragon helps,” the dragoness laughed lightly, “The myths might be true, you don’t look a day older than 22,” she said, recalling the age they bonded.
The Boldwing went over to her storage chest and walked back towards the bed.
“I got you something,” said Zyra, revealing a small box wrapped in red paper and a bright yellow bow.
"Aww Zyra you shouldn't have my girl" Melina said opening the small box revealing Vip box tickets to a famous rock band in Wembley arena.
" Oh wow...Zy!" Melina said hugging the bold wing.
“I’ve heard you talk about them for ages now. Since they haven’t been touring here since you were younger I thought it might be something you’d enjoy.” Thrummed the dragoness, pleased that Melina was happy with the gift.
Their morning was fairly quiet as the two of them relaxed and Melina spoke with her family on a video call, her parents and sisters sending their best wishes from Australia.
Zyra made Mel’s favourite tea and had a delicious and rather indulgent breakfast brought in; a far cry from her normal healthy muesli. She wanted Melina to relax but she also wanted her away from the other areas of the facility, trying to keep her in the dark about all this was a bit of a challenge but the dragoness thought she was doing well. She managed to contain her excitement despite everything.
“Mel, are you ready to go? Reservation is at 12:30,” called Zyra towards the bathroom where the woman had been getting set.
"Yes I'm ready, all kitted up" Melina said with a smile to the bold wing.
Zyra turned and spotted Melina as she came out, "Stunning. I like that new dress." she beamed.
"Thanks kept in metallic theme silver and white" She said smiling.
“My Atiilu, the one who glitters,” said the dragoness, who had been polished up herself, “Come on, let’s get going.”
The dragoness walked with her out of the canteen and before they left the two of them passed Ardon along the way.
“Happy Birthday, Melina!” said the gold dragon, nuzzling her affectionately.
"Awww thank you Ardy, can't believe I'm 30, being surrounded by dragons," She laughed lightly.
“A milestone achieved by very few. Have fun at lunch, ladies,” smiled Ardon, giving Zyra a wink. He was now in charge of getting everything set up while Zyra was out distracting her. The dragoness flashed him a smile and nodded, “Thanks, see ya later.”
As soon as Zyra left, Ardon and the others set to work. They only had two hours to get everything together and decorated. Toby had been working away with his staff for the past two days and the smell of it all was divine.
Comox and Hitteki brought tables and chairs for the humans. While Vonriir used his height for decorating the top half of the walls with streamers and banners.
Sparkly bunting was wrapped around the tables and balloons were scattered about.
“Looks good,” said Comox as he walked up beside Ardon to look at their work.
“Yeah, think she’ll be happy with it?” asked Ardon.
“Of course, Mel is going to be so surprised,” smiled Comox as he saw the drink table being set up.
“I meant Zyra. Hopefully we meet her standards,” grinned Ardon, “Come on, we have a few other things to get.”

Mel and Zyra’s lunch on the beach had been lovely and they spent some time together along the sand so that everyone back home would have a chance to get set up. A few hours later the two of them made their way back, talking about plans for the evening, a relaxing and quiet night for her birthday…. Little to Mel’s knowledge that would not be so.

The inside of the hangar was dark when Zyra flew in through the doors but suddenly the lights came on, revealing everyone dressed to the nines in a beautifully decorated room. Nearly the entire staff, all the dragons and Ardon’s family had even come across. People blew into noise makers and threw confetti as Zyra landed.
“Surprise!” everyone shouted gleefully.
The dragons, most of them, wore silly paper party hats, much too small for them, giving them all a comical appearance. Scales of every colour were polished and bright all for her special day.
“Happy birthday Melina!” sang everyone in their own tune as Zyra turned and flashed her Attilu a big grin.
Unread Sep 8th, 2017, 06:56 AM   #4
Aerazura
the listener

Ardon grabbed a box and put a blanket in the bottom so that he could pack things away and not have them break during the journey. He told Jack that he had finally gotten to speak with Forge and invite him to Melina’s birthday bash. They knew that the silver was important to the woman but no one knew the full extent why that was.
He stowed away things in a few boxes, pausing to consider an item here or there that he hadn’t looked at in a while.
“You sure you’re okay with moving? I’ll duck if you’d prefer to stay here,” offered Ardon, already knowing that the man would decline. He always felt guilty when Jack had to forego something on his behalf.
"Don’t be silly, It had to happen one day, the new place will be far more suited for us, you especially, you can go without worrying about hitting the ceiling" Jack said.
“Alright, just making sure,” he teased.
After much of their items were packed away they got the call that the finishing touches of their new room was now complete and ready to move in.
Ardon carried a number of boxes as they made their way down to the academy and Jack unlocked the room. The door swung open and the wide space opened up before them.
Deep cobalt covered most of the walls, trimmed with brushed steel and a grey tile floor. Very masculine and modern as well as practical. Jack’s half of the room, more suited to human needs reached along the left side while beyond the entrance and half partition on the right was Ardon’s side.
"Wow, they done a great job here, amazing" the man said looking around.
"It does, I like the blue on the walls here." he said, noting the colour. It was a soothing, calm sort of azure that the gold approved of quite a bit.
"Yes, modern and matches a lot of our old room decor but sized up and you got a bigger bed with more pillows...spoilt gold," Jack chuckled.
“Yes,” grinned Ardon, setting down on the boxes and hopping onto the dragon bed that was inlaid into the floor. It was huge compared to his other one. He rolled over it like a dog in a stretch of grass, wriggling around happily in their new accommodations.
“Look at all this room to stretch!” he laughed, goofing around already in the midst of their move.

Forge was leaning over a pool, gazing at his reflection. He scrubbed at a mark on his cheek, drawing up water in his paw and tried to polish the imperfection away but with little success. He grumbled to himself, trying again. When that didn’t work he flexed his talons in the sand and had a thought come to him. He scooped up some of the fine grit in his paw and thought it might help scrub away the mark but before he could he heard, “You don’t want to do that,” and turned to see Tahsis.
“Only do that if you’re trying to scrub off sap or tar as a last resort. That will do you no good unless you want to scour up your scales like a hatchling gone amuck,” she chided. “Come, we’ll fix you up.”
Forge begrudgingly got to his feet, not entirely pleased his attempt at grooming had been crashed by his brother’s mate. He thought he straightened up well enough on his own but he had wanted to shine for Melina’s day. Tahsis seemed to realize this as she pulled out a few human things from her collection, one of them being a ,microfiber cloth.
“This will do the trick,” she smiled, setting to work on his brow below his crest.
“Ah, getting party ready already, are we?” asked Bonan, coming into land.
“It seems so,” replied Forge.
“Oh, don’t be a stick in the mud. I know you’re eager to go, even if you won’t show it. Hylen Melina is a good egg,” said Bronan.
“She is,” agreed Tahsis as she made the large silver tilt his head so she could reach.

The next morning Zyra woke early, the excitement from preparing her celebration kept her awake much of the time. She wanted her to be able to sleep in so the Boldwing had to occupy herself with a little reading so that her movement wouldn’t wake her.
Finally 9:30 rolled around and Zyra couldn’t wait any longer.
“Good morning and happy birthday!” cheered the dragoness in a half whisper as she nuzzled Melina’s shoulder to wake her, thrumming softly.
Melina stirred and opened her eyes, giving Zyra a pet and scratches, " Aww thanks Zy, 30 today" She said to the bold wing.
“30 seems like a good number,” smiled the dragoness, “I approve.”
Melina laughed lightly, "it's a big birthday in the human calendar, but I don't feel any older or slowing down, quite the opposite," Melina replied.
“Being bonded to a dragon helps,” the dragoness laughed lightly, “The myths might be true, you don’t look a day older than 22,” she said, recalling the age they bonded.
The Boldwing went over to her storage chest and walked back towards the bed.
“I got you something,” said Zyra, revealing a small box wrapped in red paper and a bright yellow bow.
"Aww Zyra you shouldn't have my girl" Melina said opening the small box revealing Vip box tickets to a famous rock band in Wembley arena.
" Oh wow...Zy!" Melina said hugging the bold wing.
“I’ve heard you talk about them for ages now. Since they haven’t been touring here since you were younger I thought it might be something you’d enjoy.” Thrummed the dragoness, pleased that Melina was happy with the gift.
Their morning was fairly quiet as the two of them relaxed and Melina spoke with her family on a video call, her parents and sisters sending their best wishes from Australia.
Zyra made Mel’s favourite tea and had a delicious and rather indulgent breakfast brought in; a far cry from her normal healthy muesli. She wanted Melina to relax but she also wanted her away from the other areas of the facility, trying to keep her in the dark about all this was a bit of a challenge but the dragoness thought she was doing well. She managed to contain her excitement despite everything.
“Mel, are you ready to go? Reservation is at 12:30,” called Zyra towards the bathroom where the woman had been getting set.
"Yes I'm ready, all kitted up" Melina said with a smile to the bold wing.
Zyra turned and spotted Melina as she came out, "Stunning. I like that new dress." she beamed.
"Thanks kept in metallic theme silver and white" She said smiling.
“My Atiilu, the one who glitters,” said the dragoness, who had been polished up herself, “Come on, let’s get going.”
The dragoness walked with her out of the canteen and before they left the two of them passed Ardon along the way.
“Happy Birthday, Melina!” said the gold dragon, nuzzling her affectionately.
"Awww thank you Ardy, can't believe I'm 30, being surrounded by dragons," She laughed lightly.
“A milestone achieved by very few. Have fun at lunch, ladies,” smiled Ardon, giving Zyra a wink. He was now in charge of getting everything set up while Zyra was out distracting her. The dragoness flashed him a smile and nodded, “Thanks, see ya later.”
As soon as Zyra left, Ardon and the others set to work. They only had two hours to get everything together and decorated. Toby had been working away with his staff for the past two days and the smell of it all was divine.
Comox and Hitteki brought tables and chairs for the humans. While Vonriir used his height for decorating the top half of the walls with streamers and banners.
Sparkly bunting was wrapped around the tables and balloons were scattered about.
“Looks good,” said Comox as he walked up beside Ardon to look at their work.
“Yeah, think she’ll be happy with it?” asked Ardon.
“Of course, Mel is going to be so surprised,” smiled Comox as he saw the drink table being set up.
“I meant Zyra. Hopefully we meet her standards,” grinned Ardon, “Come on, we have a few other things to get.”

Mel and Zyra’s lunch on the beach had been lovely and they spent some time together along the sand so that everyone back home would have a chance to get set up. A few hours later the two of them made their way back, talking about plans for the evening, a relaxing and quiet night for her birthday…. Little to Mel’s knowledge that would not be so.

The inside of the hangar was dark when Zyra flew in through the doors but suddenly the lights came on, revealing everyone dressed to the nines in a beautifully decorated room. Nearly the entire staff, all the dragons and Ardon’s family had even come across. People blew into noise makers and threw confetti as Zyra landed.
“Surprise!” everyone shouted gleefully.
The dragons, most of them, wore silly paper party hats, much too small for them, giving them all a comical appearance. Scales of every colour were polished and bright all for her special day.
“Happy birthday Melina!” sang everyone in their own tune as Zyra turned and flashed her Attilu a big grin.
Unread Sep 8th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #5
IapetusCas
Black & White

Melina seemed genuinely surprised and her facial expression said it all as the dragons and the staff greeted her for the professor’s 30th Birthday celebrations, she had expected it to be a quiet affair but the team were not going to make it slide as everyone was there cheering and clapping as staff gave her hugs and even Dr Baxter gave her a hug.
“Oh, it is really wonderful your all here, I don’t know what to say!, you guys really shouldn’t have” Melina said happily looking at all the decorations and the dragons being there.
Melina saw all the 30 banners and confetti around as she smiled happily, the guys had put allot of work into this celebration for her.
"You're an amazing part of our team so we have to celebrate your special day!" grinned Ardon.
"Did we surprise you or did have any idea what we were planning?" asked Comox.
Melina shook her head.
“I genuinely had no idea, see? A younger me would of gone prodding, but no this is great, I love that you all come, you all look splendid” Melina said smiling.
“There is more in the canteen, Toby has prepared stuff for you” Hitteki said enthusiastically, joining in on this strange concept.
"Yeah, I hope you didn't eat too much at lunch!" Grinned Ardon.
"We hope you'll have a great time tonight," smiled tahsis as she stood beside Bronan.
Melina looked up grinning as she nodded to Tahsis, “I am so glad you are here, come you see this bizarre earth custom” Melina said.
Ardon could hardly contain his excitement, the dragon loving this sort of occasion.
"Let's get the party started!" Cheered Ardon, "last one to grab something at the canteen is a rotten egg!"
The others followed after him, laughing while Forge lingered back, hoping to speak with the woman.
The woman guessed the gesture correctly as she hung back to speak with the warlord, she looked up and smiled.
“I am really happy you got to come Forge, your scales are looking very impressive and sparkling today” Melina said to the silver.
The dragon nodded his head in thanks.
"I hope you have had a good birthday so far.... I got you something" he said, holding out a small item wrapped in leaves. "I did not have any of the fancy paper, however. I hope it is still suitable."
Melina looked at the parcel delicately wrapped in large leaves.
“You did not have to Forge, your presence here is enough for me to be happy, do you like my dress?, kept the metallic theme” she said.
"Yes. It compliments you," he said, putting the parcel in her hands.
Melina smiled as the professor delicately peeled the leaves back and looked in awe at what she saw, a dragonfly trapped in amber, with a metal clasp round it, it looked amazing.
Melina looked up and her smile could not get any bigger.
“This is really beautiful, it is really amazing, how did you ever acquire this beautiful thing and the metal clasp too, looks beautiful” Melina said, the silver would pick up on the woman’s happiness via their residual link.
"It's something I found last year and hung on to. I thought that you might like it. I asked help from the clan of mountain Syrian dragons. They fashioned the metal for me." Explained the silver.
Melina grinned.
“I love it, such a thoughtful present, thank you Forge” the woman said giving the large silver dragons foreleg a hug, the woman did check no one was watching.
The dragon bowed his neck down, touching the top of her head with his muzzle gently. "You're quite welcome, Melina."
Melina gave Forge a quick pet on his muzzle and smiled lightly, she stood back looking pu at the silver.
“I have had an amazing day, with more yet to come, I am so happy you come, though glad Ardon or Vonriir did not force a hat on you” she chuckled lightly.
"Believe me, they tried," said the silver with a small, wry smile. "Now, go enjoy your celebration.
“You got to come too my Silver, don’t go back to Kilara..stay, have some food and cake” Melina said, thinking the warlord wanted to disappear into the shadows again.
"I’m not leaving just yet," smiled the dragon. "I just want you to enjoy."
Melina smiled and nodded lightly, looking up.
“I will if you stay, we best get going, or Ardon might explode with excitement, I imagine the gang have done allot” Melina said to the silver as they made their way to the canteen.

While waiting for the guests to arrive and the birthday girl, Mark had stayed to ensure it was all looking spic and span for the professor, Toby and the team had put allot of effort in, along with the dragons, Veyron had stayed with them an and was now inspecting the range of drinks that had been brought in with interest.
The wraith walked along the table, inspecting what was on offer, "anything good, Mark?" He inquired.
“I thought you be looking for the good stuff, the whiskey is on the table there, I’m glad at least you made an effort to tidy up for this party” Mark commented.
"Yeah you clean up alright," snickered Veyron. "Pour me a glass of something top shelf, would ya?"
Mark laughed lightly.
“Can’t even wait for the party to begin emptying the supplies, can’t even wait for the birthday girl to come here, along with the gang” Mark teased lightly.
"Who'd fault is for getting in a celebratory mood ahead of time. Call it getting prepared," replied the wraith with a sly grin.
Mark tried not to roll his eyes as he opened the whiskey he knew the shadow Wraith liked and poured him a glass, “There you go, sounds like the others will be here now” Mark said hearing the footsteps and the floor vibrating, he guessed Vonriir was coming.
The gold dragon trotted in ahead of everyone else, head raised high in triumph.
"Don’t you even say it, Ardy," laughed comox.
Ardon grinned, his friends knew him well.
Melina walked in and was surprised as the staff there welcomed Melina in, the woman was overwhelmed with happiness and emotion, the thought and effort gone into all of this.
Zyra turned and smiled as she saw Melina, feeling her happiness go through the link. Trotting over to her the dragoness's scales began to glow lightly.
Melina felt her palm go a bit warmer, she noticed Zyra glowing lightly, Brathille Euphoria, an odd mystical thing that enhanced one another’s powers when both their Atillu and dragon were happiest and content, energy excitedly bubbled and would mean a more powerful Atillu and dragon.
“You must sense how happy I am, so does Brathille it seems” Melina said quietly to Zyra as people left gifts on the one table.
"I am happy that you are happy," replied the boldwing. "And yes, brathille does seem to know."
Melina smiled as Mark came to greet them, giving Melina a hug.
“Looking beautiful tonight professor, happy 30th, I got a present for you, glad to see you are not working on your birthday” Mark said as Melina laughed.
“Well, my bold wing wouldn’t of let me, just so surprised and honoured with the effort everyone has gone to” Melina said.
“Aye, Toby and this team outdid themselves, that I can be sure about”.
Using his tail to hold his glass, Veyron climbed up to perch upon Mark's shoulder so that he could see eye to eye with Melina.
"Happy Birthday, Prof. planning on getting good and liquored to celebrate?"
Melina laughed lightly at the comment.
“Well thank you Veyron, good to see you, also good to see your starting early, leave room for food wont you” Melina said, apparently ok with Veyron drinking, which surprised Mark a little.
Veyron gave a wolffish grin, getting away with it today it seemed.
"Yeah, sure. I'll find a bite to eat."
Melina smiled as Jack spoke at the front, the whole staff went silent.
“I thank you all for coming and a big thank you to our dragon helpers and especially Toby and his diligent team, once again providing food and entertainment, not just for us but for the dragons as well, I think that deserves a round of applause” Jack said clapping his hands as Toby smiled putting his hand up to thank everyone.
Ardon smiled, happy to be recognized as one of the many helpers. The dragons thumped their tails in applause but Vonriirs shook the room.
“I want to also pay tribute to Professor Melina Goodwin, a staunch member of this team, on her 30th Birthday, I think we all agree the enthusiasm and dedication has helped save countless lives not just here but on Kilara, but her amazing work on finding new solutions and to help us better understand our guardians, so I say Happy Birthday and that we hope you enjoy what we done for you here, thanks” Jack said as the clapping began again as the staff began to mingle, music playing and most importantly food being served.
Unread Sep 9th, 2017, 11:03 AM   #6
Aerazura
the listener

With the party now ramping up, everyone began to chatter away, indulging in the amazing array of food that Toby and his staff had provided.
Melina was now opening up some of the presents and grinned at some of the gifts, "I have been really spoiled by everyone" Melina grinned.
“There’s one from me,” said Ardon, putting a small, slightly awkwardly wrapped gift in her hands. It was covered with more tape than paper it seemed, Ardon not one that was very talented with wrapping presents. Zyra snickered lightly as Melina did her best to open it.
Ardon laughed sheepishly, “I tried, okay?”
“I know, it’s very good,” giggled Zyra as Mel finally got the present open, revealing a hardcover book.
Melina turned the book over and smiled lightly, "Oh, I been looking for this book for ages, thank you Ardon" Melina said giving the gold a kiss on the snout.
"Watch it, he may go red," Jack joked.
Ardon stuck out his tongue, giving Jack a knowing look before giving Mel’s cheek a lick in return.
"Oh stop teasing, it is a wonderful gift, thank you Ardon, I think it calls for more drinks," Melina said.
With that there was a break in gift opening as glasses were passed around.
Ardon trotted over to the large table that had a huge spread of bottles upon it. He picked up a familiar one and looked over his shoulder. No one seemed to be really monitoring the dragon’s intake today. Perhaps they didn’t care or were letting it slide because of the occasion. Whatever the reason, Ardon planned to take advantage of it.
“I have wondered what all the fuss is about, with humans and these particular drinks" Hitteki spoke to Ardon, curiously looking at the bottles.
"Try it if you like," said Ardon, taking his own glass. He knew that his first experience with the stuff had been off putting in a way.
"Sure, pour me a glass of that stuff please," Hitteki said. As Ardon reached for it, the sound of talons came rushing up.
"No, no, no," said Veyron, trotting across the table on all fours before rising up on his hind legs. He grabbed the bottle from Ardon and put it back down, "That's the cheap ****, go for something less... mundane, like this," suggested the wraith, pointing at something else more his style. He seemed to still have his wits about him even though he was already a drink or two in it at this point.
Hitteki looked at the bottle and read a few lines.
"This is the stuff you drink Veyron, in generous amounts" Hitteki replied back.
"And look at me being generous by sharing it with you," said Veyron.
Hitteki seemed to looked at him then to the bottle, "Perhaps I should sampler the lesser drinks to build up to your level," Hitteki suggested.
"Whatever floats your boat, Fuzz. I have given you my sagely wisdom. Do with it what you will," he said, walking off to go find his drink again.
"Hang on....don’t go waltzing off," Hitteki said putting a glass on the table, "I have one," the Syrian said
"There's a girl," grinned Veyron as he stopped and raised his glass, "To... the finer things in life," he toasted.
"Yes" Hitteki said drinking it and pulling a face before putting the glass on the table. "I think another will help me...integrate and experience the party better" Hitteki replied with a small smile.
Veyron’s eyes were wide, “That isn’t for shooting! You’re supposed to sip this stuff! You know what, you can go back to that if you’re going to be downing glasses like that,” he exclaimed, pointing to the cheaper options.

Ardon brought over a glass for Zyra. Turning she extended her paws and grabbed the drink but gave the gold a look, “Ardon, this stuff is trouble.” She said, inwardly cringing at the hazy memory that she suddenly recalled.
“Jack says trouble is my middle name,” grinned Ardon.
“I don’t doubt it. You have a few middle names I would think,” said Zyra with a sly smile.

On the other side of the room Vonriir was talking animatedly and louder than usual. He loved sharing stories and this party was no exception. He was going on about some quarrel he had found himself in the middle of on Kilara and Forge could be seen listening but his expression tightened at the sheer volume of his associate.
“Vonriir, keep it down some, would you?” chided the silver.
“Oh,” chuckled the large dragon, toning it down slightly, “Sorry. I feel like my volume is getting away on me.”
“You’ve been getting into the human beverages haven’t you?” asked Forge dryly.
Vonriir suddenly patted him on the back so unexpectedly that the silver was jostled forward, “Oh don’t be a stick in the mud, Forgey.” His voice rising once again, the suggestion already forgotten.
The silver glowered at him for the pat and the name but didn’t want to spoil Melina’s evening with rebuking the cragback. The large dun dragon got to his feet and wobbled off towards the tables that had the food spread out across them.
“Stars above,” muttered Forge, pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. This was bound to turn into a mess sooner or later.

The party continued; much chatter and laughter ringing about the room. Even Comox had pried himself away from the outskirts of the gathering and was socializing happily. He seemed to be pleased to share his new knowledge in helping Baxter with is work. Finally finding his niche seemed to have proven good for the male Boldwing, especially after all this time.
Bonan and Tahsis had even indulged a little. They enjoyed their visits to earth, always feeling spoiled by the marvelous food that they got to experience here. The pretty dragoness even took some pointers from Toby and was delighted when the chef offered her some spices and seasoning from his kitchen for her to take back to Kilara.
He seemed to love that the dragons enjoyed his hard work and gourmet food and was happy to share with Tahsis a few industry secrets .
Just then Toby rolled out the largest cake imaginable. It had been crafted beautifully and had sparkly candles in the shape of 30 aflame on top.
“Haaaapppppy,” sang Ardon, getting the song started. Soon enough everyone joined in on a very loud and disorganized version of the happy birthday dong. Vonriir’s voice nearly drowned out everyone else’s and the song dissolved into laughter as Melina blew out her candles.
Melina laughed as she looked at the cake grinning, "Thank you all, I love you all guys" Melina said slurring her words slightly as she blew out the candles.
The cake was cut and handed out much to everyone’s delight.
“Woah,” said Bronan, ducking as Vonriir wobbled past, his tail nearly taking the copper dragon’s head off. He grabbed the cragback’s tail, stopping him.
“Oh par-hic-don me,” laughed Vonriir.
Bronan grinned, “Just watch you don’t go crashing into anything,” he chuckled.
“Y-yes sir!” hiccupped the massive dragon, continuing on his way, “Oh Miss Melina!” he shouted, “I’ve forgotten, I got you a…a gift!” he could be heard clear across the room.
Bronan shook his head and laughed, looking down at Tahsis who nuzzled under his chin. “Let’s grab some of that birthday cake before our son gets into it.”

“Sorry we’re late!” came a voice as everyone turned to see Ucluelet and Neekoh walking into the decorated canteen.
“Come on! Foods still out and we just served cake,” called Ardon, waving them over. The two newcomers mingled and were offered food and drinks as the chatter continued. They passed on their congratulations and birthday wishes to the professor before they were dragged into conversation with the other younger dragons.
“Where’s Vonriir” asked Zyra a while later, looking around and realized that they somehow lost track of the largest dragon in the facility. It was only midway through the party but the cragback was nowhere to be seen.
“Um, he may have wandered off,” said Comox, walking up to her and Ardon. “A few of the staff were having a good game of seeing how much he could drink.”
“Oh no!” laughed Zyra, covering her face with a paw. She was getting a little pink around her nose from the alcohol but then again, it appeared everyone else was too.
“I’m sure we’ll only find a little bit of demolition work to fix later,” laughed Neekoh.
Veyron had meandered over to the speakers where the music was playing and cranked it up some, sending the music blaring. Ardon recognized the song and held out his wing spur to Zyra and gave a silly half bow. She smiled coyly at him and gave him her wing as he led her out to the open space in the middle of the room. She laughed lightly as began to dance side to side. She joined in their own version of dance while the music rang out through the room. He spun her under his wing and she moved fluidly for a creature trying to dance on four legs, smiling all the while.
She spotted Comox trying to skirt around them and grabbed him by the paw followed by Hitteki, and the others, dragging them into the little dance off.
Comox, surprisingly jumped into the middle, crouching into a play bow, shaking his crest side to side before spinning a circle. Liquid courage seemed to be flowing well as the dragons lost their inhibitions and laughed while shaking a leg on their makeshift dance floor.
Unread Sep 9th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #7
IapetusCas
Black & White

The party continued on in good spirits and the disco was where allot of people was, as Toby’s team helped pack up to make more space, Neekoh and Ucluelet helped out as well as Tahsis as the disco continued, with most staff now there clapping on the dragons as Veyron danced drinking from his glass and acting as a dragon DJ.
The crag back returned from who knows where and stomped his way to the dance floor.
The younger dragons laughed and skittered out of the way as he bounced back and forth, swinging his tail side to side, even singing the chorus of the tune to which he danced.
Melina laughed and clapped, cheering the dragon on as he too over the dancefloor.
"Woo, go Von, show us your moves!" Laughed Melina clapping as everyone urged the large crag back on.
The large dragon spun in a circle before strutting the opposite way as the others laughed in delight. He then turned to Melina and held out a talon so that she'd dance with him.
Melina laughed and took one of her claws with her hand, "Don’t crush me know big guy" she joked to the behemoth of a dragon.
"Never," he replied, spinning her while his tail swayed to the beat.
The dragons managed to dance as Vonriir took over most of the dance floor with Melina also getting involved as Jack grinned from the side-lines.
Melina danced with the large crag back as everyone got into the mood as Melina danced gracefully with a dragon who was massive.
"You got the moves von von" Melina said.
"I've watched a lot of television," he explained in a slurred voice.
Melina grinned as she danced next to the giant dragon.
"You dance like a pro, well pro for a dragon Von" complimented the professor.
"Oh what a compliment, thank you, Miss Melina," said the dragon, bowing and letting her go back to the others.
Melina got surrounded by the dragons as they danced, some humans even did with the dragons as well.
The cragback meandered back over the table and took a long swing of a drink, tilting so far back that he staggered a bit.
"Von, I think that's plenty," said Forge, walking up beside him.
"Yeah... per- perhaps," nodded the giant dragon.
One the dance floor Hitteki was getting into the spirit of things, copying the golden dragon and the way Melina danced, she tried to do that, being nimble helped as she looked impressive.
“Hey Comox, come dance with me” Melina said to the male bold wing who seemed to be ozzing confidence currently.
The boldwing smiled, "I don't know if I can match Von's level." He laughed.
Melina laughed lightly.
“Come on, give it a go, I like this new you, lets have a dance” Melina said holding out her hand.
Comox took her hand in his paw gently and did his best, trying to dance while attempting not to step on her toes.
Ardon and Zyra took a break from dancing and sat off to the side by the food table. The gold seemed to lean in closer than normal as they spoke while Zyra giggled. She grabbed a piece of cake from the table behind her only to have Ardon steal the whole thing off the plate in one bite.
"Hey!" Laughed the bold wing.
Baxter came over and smiled at the two dragons, “The party has gone down very well, Melina seems very happy out there” the man said to Ardon and Zyra.
"Yeah she seems to be having fun," nodded Zyra.
"Have you been enjoying yourself, Baxter?" Asked Ardon, throwing his forearm around the man's shoulder, pulling him into a one armed hug.
Baxter wasn’t use to this kind of closeness with the dragons and seemed to be uneasy with the male dragon bringing him closer.
“Umm….yes, it is all going well, pleased to be here, seems Veyron is our DJ host” Baxter replied.
"Yeah... it does seem like he's taken to the job," nodded Ardon, looking over to the speakers to where Veyron had taken over the tunes while curled around another drink.
Melina then came over and smiled looking at Professor Baxter.
“You mr haven’t had a dance, come on” Melina said assertively, the woman was srunk having had so much to drink, she moved to grab his hand as the professor seemed reluctant to go onto the dance floor.
“No, no no no im no dancer please” Baxter said but Melina was having none of it.
“Come on, its my birthday, you got to dance, show me your moves professor” she said moving the man onto the dance floor.
“Professor Melina I really think this is unwise……..” Baxter said as Melina laughed.
Ardon laughed as Baxter was hauled off to the dance floor. "Go get em, Bax!"
Zyra and the gold followed them out to the makeshift stage, bouncing to the beat of the music.
“Come on Bax, it be fun here I show you” Melina said.
“Professor I don’t think I can umm…you know..I’m not good at these…” Melina put her finger on his lips as the man hushed.
“Follow my lead” Melina said as Baxter awkwardly danced, Mark who was blind drunk at this point was laughing his head off at the professor dancing awkwardly with the birthday girl.
Zyra felt a little guilty that bax was the centre of attention so she trotted over to Jack and pushed him out towards the others with her nose.
Jack laughed wondering what the bold wing was up to, seeing Hitteki still dancing away with everyone else.
“What are you playing at young dragoness” laughed Jack.
"Nothing, sir," Zyra giggled as she herded him to the group.
“Where is my dragon when I need him!” Jack said laughing as he was in the dance floor as some of the staff encouraged him to dance which he did.
"Here!" Said Ardon, pouncing onto the floor behind him with a playful growl.
He shook his crest and waved his tail in the air behind him, a giant gold goof on the dance floor.
Jack laughed as he danced with his Guardian dragon, laughing as Ardon showed his moves, the party was really a success and everyone was having a good time with the music playing and people dancing the Torchwood party continued to rock on for Melina’s 30th.
Unread Sep 9th, 2017, 03:40 PM   #8
Aerazura
the listener

Towards the late night hours the party began to wind down. Tahsis and Bronan had left in the midst of the dancing to return to Kilara and allow the younger dragons to enjoy themselves. Vonriir had vanished after a few more rounds of dancing and had not returned like he had before. The others were too far gone to think so question where their largest resident had gone.
Veyron had abandoned his DJ duties, strutting his stuff across the bar tables before disappearing himself.
Forge, their dignified silver, had sighed and stayed as long as he could bear it but these sheer amount of tomfoolery going on was more than he could stand to witness. He excused himself to deaf ears and went to go sleep in his quarters while the others partied the rest of the night away.
As the party ended, Zyra escorted Melina back to their quarters; the birthday girl all danced out from celebrating.
“Goodnight boys,” she said over her shoulder to Jack and Ardon who waved goodnight to her. The gold let Jack prop himself up on his shoulder as they wobbled their way back to their own quarters. Ardon could already tell that tomorrow was going to hurt but at the moment he thought it had been worth it. Everyone seemed to have had a blast and the night was a roaring success.
The canteen had been left a bit of a disaster despite the efforts to keep it clean and organized. A true sign of a good party, one would say, was the mess left behind afterward. Cups and glasses, dishes and plates of forgotten food were scattered about. Banners and bunting sagged on the walls and across tables.
Toby had returned the next morning to prepare breakfast while the janitorial team cleaned up the evidence of the birthday celebrations. The chef figured that people would want, if anything, was a strong cup of coffee and perhaps some light toast. He had never cooked for a dragon sized hangover, however and wanted to make sure there were some options for them should they feel up to it.
He whistled to himself as he puttered around the kitchen; the smell of coffee brewing filled the air. Reaching for the handle of a drawer for his apron, the man opened it and startled upon what he found inside. Veyron was curled up around a mostly empty bottle of whiskey. He groaned and lifted a paw up to shield his eyes from the light that he was suddenly thrust into. The wraith mumbled something awfully rude at having his sleep disrupted.
“I beg your pardon,” tutted Toby, reaching for his apron that was folded neatly in the drawer underneath the dragon.
The wraith let out a warning growl, his lips curling back to reveal sharp teeth, “Go away.”
“Well then,” said Toby, withdrawing his hand and shutting the drawer once more. He decided he’d forego the apron at the risk of losing his fingers, “Strange fellow.”
It was nearly eleven in the morning when Comox woke up, head feeling a little fuzzy but not too bad. He cleaned himself up and meandered out into the hall. The dragon paused, hearing a bizarre noise that seemed to reverberate the air.
“What in the world is that?” he asked himself, tilting his head to better capture the sound but he was still unable to place it. Turning the corner to head down the corridor to the canteen he was suddenly met with a roadblock.
Vonriir had wedged himself across the hall completely and was snoring like nothing Comox had ever heard. It was a thunderous sound, rising and falling with his great barrelled chest.
“Von,” said the Boldwing, walking to where he could only just see the back of the cragback’s head and curled ram horns, “Von, wake up. You’re in the way.”
The large dragon made no indication that he had heard, his rhythmic breathing not pausing as he snored.
“VON!” shouted Comox but there was still no response. The Boldwing pondered how he could deal with this but really wasn’t sure what would work. He put his paws on the large dragon’s shoulders and shoved repeatedly. The dragon barely shifted, not responding. The Boldwing tried a number of tactics, knocking on his scales, tapping on his horns and shouting but nothing seemed to be doing the trick.
Spreading his wings the male jumped over the cragback and onto the other side where he saw that the great dragon’s nose was smushed up against the far wall, causing his lip to be pulled back comically revealing his front teeth.
“Oh Von, you majestic beast,” Comox laughed lightly to himself, shaking his head. He poked and prodded at the dragon’s face, grabbing his curled horn and jostling him, “Come on, Von, you gotta get up.” Said the Boldwing to no avail.
“What am I going to do with you?” he asked himself, putting a paw to his chin to think. Just then he had a thought. He stood by the cragback’s ear and made the hissing noise that was the boldwing’s acid warning. Just then a hazel eye opened in alarm and his tail swung out as he tried to roll to his belly, catching Comox in the chest and throwing him backwards.
“Umph!” huffed the Boldwing, getting to his feet while Vonriir seemed disoriented. “I guess I deserved that.”
“Oh, Comox, what are you doing in my quarters?” asked the big dragon, rubbing his forehead with a grumble.
“This isn’t your room, Von, you fell asleep in the hallway and nearly knocked my lights out with your tail.”
The cragback looked around and slowly realized what might have happened, “Oh….”
“Yeah,” replied the Boldwing.
“I do apologize,” said the dragon groggily, staggering to his feet. His wings sagged at his sides and his tail dragged on the floor as he hauled himself towards his room to recover.
Comox watched him go and shook his head. If this was the condition that Vonriir was in, he wondered how everyone else was doing…

In their new quarters, Ardon was out like a light, sleeping half rolled onto his back like some great golden dog. He snored lightly even as the light settings in his room began to brighten automatically to simulate the light of day outside. Dead to the world, the dragon was going to be miserable when he woke.
Unread Sep 9th, 2017, 03:40 PM   #9
Aerazura
the listener

Towards the late night hours the party began to wind down. Tahsis and Bronan had left in the midst of the dancing to return to Kilara and allow the younger dragons to enjoy themselves. Vonriir had vanished after a few more rounds of dancing and had not returned like he had before. The others were too far gone to think so question where their largest resident had gone.
Veyron had abandoned his DJ duties, strutting his stuff across the bar tables before disappearing himself.
Forge, their dignified silver, had sighed and stayed as long as he could bear it but these sheer amount of tomfoolery going on was more than he could stand to witness. He excused himself to deaf ears and went to go sleep in his quarters while the others partied the rest of the night away.
As the party ended, Zyra escorted Melina back to their quarters; the birthday girl all danced out from celebrating.
“Goodnight boys,” she said over her shoulder to Jack and Ardon who waved goodnight to her. The gold let Jack prop himself up on his shoulder as they wobbled their way back to their own quarters. Ardon could already tell that tomorrow was going to hurt but at the moment he thought it had been worth it. Everyone seemed to have had a blast and the night was a roaring success.
The canteen had been left a bit of a disaster despite the efforts to keep it clean and organized. A true sign of a good party, one would say, was the mess left behind afterward. Cups and glasses, dishes and plates of forgotten food were scattered about. Banners and bunting sagged on the walls and across tables.
Toby had returned the next morning to prepare breakfast while the janitorial team cleaned up the evidence of the birthday celebrations. The chef figured that people would want, if anything, was a strong cup of coffee and perhaps some light toast. He had never cooked for a dragon sized hangover, however and wanted to make sure there were some options for them should they feel up to it.
He whistled to himself as he puttered around the kitchen; the smell of coffee brewing filled the air. Reaching for the handle of a drawer for his apron, the man opened it and startled upon what he found inside. Veyron was curled up around a mostly empty bottle of whiskey. He groaned and lifted a paw up to shield his eyes from the light that he was suddenly thrust into. The wraith mumbled something awfully rude at having his sleep disrupted.
“I beg your pardon,” tutted Toby, reaching for his apron that was folded neatly in the drawer underneath the dragon.
The wraith let out a warning growl, his lips curling back to reveal sharp teeth, “Go away.”
“Well then,” said Toby, withdrawing his hand and shutting the drawer once more. He decided he’d forego the apron at the risk of losing his fingers, “Strange fellow.”
It was nearly eleven in the morning when Comox woke up, head feeling a little fuzzy but not too bad. He cleaned himself up and meandered out into the hall. The dragon paused, hearing a bizarre noise that seemed to reverberate the air.
“What in the world is that?” he asked himself, tilting his head to better capture the sound but he was still unable to place it. Turning the corner to head down the corridor to the canteen he was suddenly met with a roadblock.
Vonriir had wedged himself across the hall completely and was snoring like nothing Comox had ever heard. It was a thunderous sound, rising and falling with his great barrelled chest.
“Von,” said the Boldwing, walking to where he could only just see the back of the cragback’s head and curled ram horns, “Von, wake up. You’re in the way.”
The large dragon made no indication that he had heard, his rhythmic breathing not pausing as he snored.
“VON!” shouted Comox but there was still no response. The Boldwing pondered how he could deal with this but really wasn’t sure what would work. He put his paws on the large dragon’s shoulders and shoved repeatedly. The dragon barely shifted, not responding. The Boldwing tried a number of tactics, knocking on his scales, tapping on his horns and shouting but nothing seemed to be doing the trick.
Spreading his wings the male jumped over the cragback and onto the other side where he saw that the great dragon’s nose was smushed up against the far wall, causing his lip to be pulled back comically revealing his front teeth.
“Oh Von, you majestic beast,” Comox laughed lightly to himself, shaking his head. He poked and prodded at the dragon’s face, grabbing his curled horn and jostling him, “Come on, Von, you gotta get up.” Said the Boldwing to no avail.
“What am I going to do with you?” he asked himself, putting a paw to his chin to think. Just then he had a thought. He stood by the cragback’s ear and made the hissing noise that was the boldwing’s acid warning. Just then a hazel eye opened in alarm and his tail swung out as he tried to roll to his belly, catching Comox in the chest and throwing him backwards.
“Umph!” huffed the Boldwing, getting to his feet while Vonriir seemed disoriented. “I guess I deserved that.”
“Oh, Comox, what are you doing in my quarters?” asked the big dragon, rubbing his forehead with a grumble.
“This isn’t your room, Von, you fell asleep in the hallway and nearly knocked my lights out with your tail.”
The cragback looked around and slowly realized what might have happened, “Oh….”
“Yeah,” replied the Boldwing.
“I do apologize,” said the dragon groggily, staggering to his feet. His wings sagged at his sides and his tail dragged on the floor as he hauled himself towards his room to recover.
Comox watched him go and shook his head. If this was the condition that Vonriir was in, he wondered how everyone else was doing…

In their new quarters, Ardon was out like a light, sleeping half rolled onto his back like some great golden dog. He snored lightly even as the light settings in his room began to brighten automatically to simulate the light of day outside. Dead to the world, the dragon was going to be miserable when he woke.
Unread Sep 10th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #10
IapetusCas
Black & White

The party had made allot of the senior staff a little tender and hung over, it was now half past 12 and noone was up, Melina and Zyra had been giggling like school girls until the girls crashed and slept solidly, Melina flopped on the dragoness as she also hit the bed and was out like a light.
Zyra was dozing on her side, her neck and tail curled protectively around her Attilu as she snored lightly.
Finally the woman stirred as she slowly woke up, her head was pounding and the room was a little wobbly for her.
“Urggghhh……my god” she said rubbing her face as she felt really hung over and flopped back against Zyra’s scales.
"Huh?" asked Zyra, blinking and squinting at the light. She covered her head with her wing and let out a sigh.
Melina rubbed her eyes as she tried to wake herself up from the groggy feeling but she could not, it was like her brain was wading through treacle, mind fog was about and a thumping headache was no fun for the professor.
“Urgh..did I get drunk or did I get drunk” Melina mumbled, grumbling at her headache.
"I'm pretty sure everyone was. I thought I said I wouldn't do this again after last time. You're a bad influence," said the dragoness.
Melina huffed lightly as she lightly shook her head.
“I am..not,, we just had fun..just hate the bill after, urgh my god” she said to the bold wing.
Zyra used her nose to help the woman sit up as she got to her feet herself, grabbing a glass of water and a Paracetamol from the cupboard for Melina. "Here, take this."
Melina thanked the dragoness and took the tablet, drinking the water, her mouth was dry and she knew she had been snoring just sensing how dry her throat was.
“We must of partied the night away………urgh excuse me” Melina said dashing to the bathroom and shutting the door, but the dragoness would hear the woman be physically ill.
"Oh dear," said Zyra. "Mel, are you alright? Can I get you anything?" she called through the door.
The woman finished being ill and called out from the other side of the door.
“Just….lots of water…….for now maybe bread later” Melina managed ot say before she was ill again.
Zyra nodded, thinking water was a good idea and had a big drink of it herself before laying down on the cool tile floor, paws over her eyes as she tried to shut out the headache she was dealing with.
Meanwhile the other side of the facility in the dragon academy, Jack was passed out with Ardon in a similar state, they both had partied like anything for the professor’s birthday.
The gold dragon slowly began to stir, realizing he was upside down, rolled to his side with a groan, feeling awful. Cracking open an eye he spotted Jack passed out beside him.
Jack stirred and put a hand to his head, feeling a headache coming.
“Urgh, I’m declaring myself legally dead” moaned Jack as he flopped onto his side on the large dragons bed.
"Same," grumbled Ardon, "I'm taking the week off.
Jack agreed lightly trying to sit upright, rubbing his head lightly, not to aggravate his head any further.
“I guess the girls are in the same situation, how much did we have to drink?” Jack said as looked at the gold flopped on his side.
"I didn't keep track. Too much obviously," said the dragon, eyes still closed. "Haven't you humans found a cure for this yet?
Jack chuckled lightly.
“Oh this must remind you of the good times, you poor thing, first dragon to get a hangover” Jack said slowly getting up to get some water.
“Best get some water down you” Jack said.
"No, I don't think I could keep anything down," grumbled the gold miserably.
"Well, you know you Ardy...be right back in think the bill is coming" Jack said walking to the human bathroom on his side.
Ardon curled up after he walked off, feeling sick himself but trying to fight it off the best he could.
There was a light knock on the door of their quarter door from outside, the knocking was barely heard as it knocked again.
The gold grumbled, hearing the knock, "Who is it?" he called."
The doors opened and Sam entered their joint quarters, “Sorry to bug you, I know most of the senior staff are a little tender this morning, dragons included, I am administering this solution to help with the hang over side effects” the doctor said.
"You have something that will fix this?" asked the dragon, sitting up slowly to see what Sam had in his hand.
Sam shook his head.
“Not fix no, but something to help give a bit of relief to the Symptoms, the dragons are having higher doses but the impact the same, you still feel rough, but not as rough, where is Jack?” Sam asked.
"Bathroom," Ardon replied, rubbing his face with a paw.
Sam nodded, hearing the man being physically ill, the man shook his head lightly, “here drink this and I be get to Jack” Sam said giving the dragon a blue solution in a large beaker while he went to Jack who was still being ill.

None of the senior staff were up despite it being 1pm, Toby had now moved onto Lunch but judging by the lack of staff he decided to cook some light things for people.
Forge was drinking a large bowl of tea in the canteen when Vonriir dragged himself into the room.
"No one told me this would happen...." he grumbled.
"I did warn you," replied the silver, raising a brow as he saw the condition the crag back was in.
"Yeah.... yeah you did," said the large dragon, "This is what I get for not listening to my commander."
Toby approached with a smile, seeing Vonriir had been the first to arrive from the drunk party.
“Afternoon Vonriir, first dragon from the hangover brigade, did you want anything to eat, I’m doing light food, gentle on the stomach” the man said noticing Forge had given him a verbal lesson.
"Just tea, strong tea, if you don't mind," requested the large dragon.
Toby nodded, “Will do, I reckon the others will be up soon, plus if one of you is feeling brave, I need a wraith moved out of my kitchen drawer” Toby chuckled lightly.
"What do you mean?" inquired Forge, not understanding. He would have offered to help but he was far too big to fit into the kitchens.
“Veyron is fast asleep in a drawer in the kitchen, clung to an empty whiskey bottle and growling at anyone who opens it, which was me this morning, I tell you that dragon, ends up in the most bizarre places” Toby said as Melina and Zyra approached slower than usual, the poor woman looked a bit of a mess and not her usual prim and proper self when on or off duty.
Forge turned and tried to hold back a smile at the woman. It was apparent that she had indulged too much.
"I can get him," offered Zyra, hearing about Veyron.
“Please, this way Zyra” Toby said gesturing to the bold wing as he then added he get Vonriir his tea as Melina sat at the table and her head hit the table with a thunk, mumbling to herself.
The silver dragon shook his head slightly at the professor.
“He should be in here” Toby said guiding the bold wing.
Zyra made her way to the kitchen and pulled open the drawer that Toby pointed at. She tilted her head to the side. The drawer contained no irritable wraith.
"Looking for me?" asked Veyron.
Zyra looked up and saw the wraith standing on the counter with an empty glass and a lime in his paw.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"Hangover cure. Raw egg, pepper, garlic, lime zest. I swear by it," he replied, shaking the empty glass.
"Gross," Zyra said, making a face.
Toby shook his head lightly, “Glad to see he is ok, I hope you washed your paws before you went rummaging, otherwise you be doing dishes young dragon” Toby said.
"No promises," said the dragon, setting the glass down and hopping off the counter, leaving his mess from prepping his creation to Toby.
"Veyron..." Zyra warned and looked to see where he went but the dragon had vanished.
“It’s ok I sort the mess out but if I catch him in the kitchen again, he’s going in a bin bag or being serves up with chips” Toby said but the man was joking as he looked and saw Jack and Ardon.
“Seems the rest of you heavy party people are getting up, Melina looks shot” Toby laughed, seeing the professor, face planked on the table in front of the dragons.
Unread Sep 10th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #11
Aerazura
the listener

"Oh Mel," said Zyra, coming out of the kitchen and spotted her Attilu with her head on the table. She turned to Toby who had a few cups of coffee at the ready. He put them out on the table before them and brought Vonriir his strong tea.
"Oh dear, seems the party girl isn’t really with us today" Jack said sitting down, the man not looking great himself as Melina mumbled some sort of swear word to Jack incoherently.
Zyra tried to contain her smile, this wasn’t her usual Melina. Everyone looked a little rough around the edges, Forge being the only one that wasn’t fighting through the fog or the headaches that followed a night of heavy drinking.
"I don't know why we bothered to get up at all. Not like we have work to do today..... do we?" asked Ardon, sitting down as a dish of water was brought out for him.
“Light white toast and honey,” said Toby, putting a plate stacked high with it, “My own personal remedy after a night of too much fun,” he winked.
"I think taking a few days off wouldn’t hurt us, the base is quiet," Jack said as Ardon took a few tiny bites of the toast, questioning whether or not his stomach would tolerate it.
“...good… I am not working...." Melina mumbled back.
“That’s the slowest I’ve ever seen you eat, Ardy,” teased Zyra.
“Shut it,” grumbled the gold, putting down the toast to see if what he had would stay put.
“Touchy,” Zyra tsked with a half-smile, stealing a piece of his honeyed toast and putting it in front of Melina even though her head was still down.
“Maybe you want to try to get something in your stomach?” she suggested.
"Oh stars, look at you lot," said Comox, returning to the canteen to see the party of pity had commenced. Most of them turned to look at him in acknowledgement but looked rather rough, "No signs of life from Hitteki or Mark yet?" he asked, sitting down with them.
"No, I imagine they are dead to the world at the moment," Jack replied.
"Can someone explain why this is a common human indulgence if you feel like death afterward?" asked Forge but there was a hint of amusement in his voice, not at all feeling sorry for them for what they did.
"Show us some mercy warlord Forge, it was a special day for Melina and I think everyone enjoying themselves, you can’t be judge and jury," Jack said to the silver.
“Says who? I think I’m the only one here fighting fit so my word goes,” said Forge, in a bemused mood for once.
Suddenly Vonriir got up and hurried out of the canteen without a word.
“Poor guy,” said Zyra, watching him hustle out.
“He’ll feel better soon,” said Comox hopefully.
“I hope we all do, I don’t like this,” mumbled Ardon.
“Well perhaps you’ll take this as a lesson for a future then,” said the silver, looking down at the sorry group around him.
She laid her head on the table and blew air out her nose, ruffling Melina’s hair, “Mel… you still alive?” she half sang.
Melina did not say anything as she brought her hand to the table where Zyra muzzle was and flicked her on the nose.
Zyra made a face and brought her paw up to his snout, “Well that was rude,” she laughed lightly but then turned at a sound behind her.
Forge was chuckling. Amused by the woman’s response, he could still see her stubborn spitfire spirit even under the fog of the hangover.
Jack looked up at Forge surprised, Melina did not do anything but she was smiling under the mess of hair on the table, Forge would sense Melina's amusement as a whisper.....she approved.
Forge’s bemused expression vanished as the others looked at him in surprise, “What?” he asked, getting to his feet. He departed the canteen but had the faintest hint of a smile across his face.

Down in the human quarter wing of the facility, Veyron had somehow gotten into the second in command’s room. He jumped up onto the bed, not spilling a drop from the slop that he carried with him in a tall tumbler glass. He climbed onto the lump in the middle of the bed and ripped off the sheets covering the man’s face.
“Good morning, Sunshine,” Veyron greeted him with a knowing look, standing on his chest.
"Urgh....what the...flying F---," Mark grumbled looking at the small dragon on his chest. "Oh… it’s you..." Mark said head slumping back on the pillow. Veyron leaned back and smirked. He still looked a little rough but was fairing a lot better than Mark was currently.
"Brought you something, buddy," grinned the wraith, holding out the glass that was filled with some sort of revolting looking concoction.
"Urgh...drinking at this hour...what is it" Mark said taking the glass giving it a smell and pulling a face, "What is this special tonic" Mark asked.
"Hangover remedy. When you.... indulge as much as I do, you have to research these things thoroughly," said the wraith, “Trust me it works…. For me at least. You are a human after all so maybe, I dunno. Up to you if you want to continue feeling miserable.
"Urgh...great.. being nursed to health by a dragon....typical, least you’re not shouting like my wife," Mark said drinking the tonic Veyron had provided, "Bleh, not the best tasting stuff I drunk, urgh...I overdid it that is for sure," Mark said.
"Yeah, but that's what life's about. Who really lives unless they feel like death warmed over the next day?" He took the grass back and jumped off the bed. "You can thank me later!" He said as he opened the door.
"Cash or plastic.......you accept cheque" Mark said rather comically as he watched the wraith head for the door, thinking the wraith only did things for something in exchange.
Instead, Veyron winked and made a shooting motion with his talons, making a clicking sound before shutting the door behind him. Whatever the reason the wraith had for helping Mark out was anyone’s guess.
Unread Sep 11th, 2017, 11:53 AM   #12
IapetusCas
Black & White

A few days later, things began to return to normal, the hungover dragons and senior staff soon recovered and was back on full duty, Mark went back to his usual routine of going home after his shifts had ended, not staying in quarters provided for him.
The weather had improved and Jack wanted to see how the dragons training and reactions were coming along, this was Ardon’s domain and he want to ensure the dragon’s were keeping up with training and working together as a tight unit.
Veyron would not be required, but Jack had left the wraith under Mark’s command and it be up to his second in command to keep the wraith sort of in line and up to speed with his role.
Jack wanted to know what people thought of his idea that he had come up with to see how the training aspect was doing, with Melina present and Daniel the Security chief along with Martin, his deputy in the dragon academy as Jack had gather the dragons together there to go over his plans.
The dragons filed in from the facility, wondering what they had been called for.
Zyra exchanged a look with Ardon who shrugged, not knowing.
“Ahh welcome gang, thanks for coming, I like your opinion on taking part in a drill operation devised by Martin and Daniel here, to test your skills as a unit and see what we need to tweak or to carry on as normal, it would be sent to Amelia to show her that the funds and support to us are being utilised” Jack explained.
"What did you plan to have us do, sir?" Asked Vonriir.
Jack handed over to Daniel who activated the large screen above them, to explain the exercise involved.
“It will be essentially a scenario based exercise, giving you an objective and reacting to dangers and other situations you might come across if this was a real scenario, we will be using old automated fighters and gun emplacements which will fire lasers which will register hits on vests you will wear, its basically our way to see how you guys react and act as a unit” Martin explained.
“It is merely an idea, if you aren’t on board or want to do something different, please do say” Jack said.
"No, I think that sounds fine," said Vonriir as the others nodded in agreement. It would be a good test of their abilities.
"Hey!" came a shout from the door as Veyron marched in, "Why didn't I get an invite to his nerd meeting?"
“Ah Veyron, this particular exercise is not within your area, Mark said he was happy for you to sit this scenario out” Jack explained to the irritable Wraith.
"I see how it is," snorted Veyron, folding his arms.
"When did you want us to complete the exercise?" asked Ardon.
Daniel spoke to answer the gold’s questions.
“In a few weeks time, after you and Zyra’s public meeting with the charities in London, also if I may Jack” Daniel said turning to speak to the Wraith.
“Veyron, you are more than welcome to join in the operation if you so wish, you fall under Mark’s jurisdiction so we always ask him, he thought it would not be a use of your..talents considering your covert ops” Daniel explained.
"Nah, maybe I'll supervise and lend my valuable critique," replied the wraith, uninterested now that he knew what was going on.
"It might be good for you to see how we operate as a team," suggested Comox.
"I've seen it before, when you tried to hunt me down, and the archive bust that I so helpfully aided in. Nah, I think I'm good thanks," he said, wandering off.
Jack shook his head lightly at the Wraith’s attitude but decided to let it pass for now as Daniel spoke again to the dragons here about the exercise.
"I'd make sure Hitteki is brought up to speed, her lower flying altitude can be of help" Jack supplied.
"All of our individual strength can benefit each other in some way I'm sure," nodded Zyra.
Jack and Daniel nodded in agreement to Zyra’s comments.
“I agree, but it be after the charity show in London, Jack and Melina will be going, I be there to ensure all is well” Daniel said.
"What could go wrong at a charity show?" Shrugged Ardon, not that he minded extra company.
“Standard procedure Ardon, anyways if that is all, dismissed all” Jack said as the team of dragons dispersed.

A while later Daniel was in the command centre getting daily security reports and activities around the world but nothing seemed to be worthy of their attention.
Upon hearing word of the charity event, forge took it upon himself to ask Daniel about the security details. Melina and the others would be within reach of the public and in the past it had caused trouble.
He found the man in the command room. Clearing his throat, the dragon spoke, "Daniel, I would like a word concerning security details for Ardon and the others. "
Daniel looked up at the silver warlord before him and spoke.
"Sure Forge, please follow me, what is on your mind" Daniel asked leading the silver to a large room nearby, used mainly for privacy conversations with the dragons.
"I was wondering what level security was to be operated at or if perhaps my presence will benefit," said the silver.
Daniel displayed the security plans on the large screen in the room.
“We will have the area secure, I have made sure all the exits and area is covered, I am liasing with special EA security forces and the Met Police, we should have it covered but, you can fly with Vonriir over the top to show our security might if you like” Daniel suggested to the silver.
"That we can do. Better safe than sorry," said forge.
Daniel nodded lightly, “I will confirm all of this with Jack to just rubber stamp it and all” Daniel said.
Forge nodded, satisfied with that. He preferred to be on scene for things like this. It put him at ease.
“Was there anything else you needed Forge sir?” Daniel asked the silver.
"No, that was all. Thank you," replied the warlord simply, turning to go back to his quarters.
Daniel watched the silver leave as he was called from one of the operators to sign off on reports and to send the reports to Jack.
As Forge made his way back to his quarters he passed the labs and noticed Melina was working on her own. He knocked on the window before stepping in.
Melina looked up and smiled kindly, pressing the button allowing the large silver in.
“Afternoon Forge, you doing ok?, I thought you be heading back to Kilara for some peace and quiet” Melina said.
"No, I will be staying long enough to participate in the security detail for your charity event," explained forge.
Melina listened intently as Forge explained his reasons.
“Ah yes, the charity event, it should be good, of course me and Jack posing as Agents for the two dragons, have to glam up” chuckled the professor.
"Well, I am sure you will be able to look the part," he said kindly.
Melina smiled, “Very kind of you Forge, I am sure that it go down without a hitch, approval ratings are high for the dragons on Earth, anyways glad you here still” Melina said to the silver with a smile, always happy to see the warlord.
Unread Sep 11th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Aerazura
the listener

Forge was dozing in the dragon hangar after a long flight around the grounds. It had been a while since he had truly flown around Earthside. It was a grand day at the start, clear skies and a beautiful dawn but by the time the afternoon came clouds were beginning to roll in with a cool wind.
The silver had made his rounds about the property allotted to the facility, wide, rolling hills and farmland that gave them a buffer from the public eye.
"Forge? Sorry to wake you from your snooze" Jack said seeing the warlord napping.
The dragon lifted his head and looked down at the man, “It’s alright, what do you need of me, Jack?”
"Daniel said about your request, you and von to fly over, due to the nature of this event is think it's low risk so I must decline your request," Jack said.
Forge’s expression seemed to harden at this news. He did not like being told no at the best of times but Jack was coming between the silver and his need to protect those within his circle, bonded or not. This was not a pleasant thing to deal with, with any dragon. He twitched his tail in irritation, truy
"What harm is there in extra support?" countered Forge, "You and Ardon are a magnet for trouble, I don't see the issue with having us at standby."
"I want people to like dragons not be fearful of them, me turning up with an armada of dragons isn't going to help, I checked security measures and they be enough for this type of event," Jack replied back.
Forge looked like he wanted to protest but he let out a breath instead. There was no use butting heads with the facility commander. He respected Jack and would trust his decision.
“…I understand,” said the silver dragon after a moment.
"Thank you Forge, with the archives dealt with, we shouldn't see any issues now," Jack reassured the silver.
“I certainly hope so,” said Forge, though he had heard that same thought before in the past…”

At the other side of the facility, Ardon was in his new quarters, going through and finishing putting away a few last things that he had yet to find a place for. Jack had ordered him a nice couple of shelves for his side of their space to display his things.
The gold dragon set up a number of prized possessions, gifts from Mel and Zyra, a large piece of seaglass sent from Alyia, collection and little tokens that he had picked up along the way. It was his own little dragon hoard of the most valuable mementos throughout his life.
Ardon dug through a box of fan mail that he had kept a few really nice pieces in. His first fan letter was among them and he smiled as he reread it. Placing it back in the box he scanned over a few of the others from when he was the only known dragon on earth up until now.
He unfolded one that gave him a bittersweet feeling. A crayon drawing of him and Zyra surrounded by hearts, drawn by someone named Lynette, age 9. He had fished it out of the recycling and kept it ever since, folded and hidden amongst the box of paper.
Ardon recalled years ago when he received fan mail and Zyra had teased him about their drawings and questions of them being an item. At the time he had gotten pink and embarrassed, denying it and huffing that it was a silly idea to even consider but now… things had changed. Over the years they both had grown up and been through countless highs and lows together. The two of them had bonded over grief and triumph, success and pain. It was no wonder that they were slowly beginning to see more eye to eye these days.
While what he lived through in the Ribbon, the experiences he had now felt like some dream. It pained his hearts to think about it sometimes but a flood of relief would wash in guiltily when he remembered what their sacrifice had given everyone else.
He just wished he had what they had been given in the Ribbon. Losing Jack’s parents was had enough but they had been happy in other ways during that time. His Attilu wasn’t one for expressing himself openly, often opting to keep everything under a lid but his dragon was now concerned he wouldn’t go after what he had in that altered universe. That knowledge seemed to hang between them, unspoken but known all the same.
Ardon had decided, however, he wasn’t going to let his chance at having a piece of his paradise slip through his claws without a fight. He had already stated his feelings once before and that had not gone over well, so this time he was taking a different approach but he wasn’t sure how it would all play out.
He sighed and had to smile as he looked at the half crumpled drawing that he had saved a few years ago. Funny to think, he thought, that only a few years earlier such an idea made him want to crawl under a rock and hide.
"Hey, you ok Ardy?" Jack asked sensing the dragon’s sadness.
"Yeah, just looking at old stuff as I organize my things," he said quickly before changing the subject, "What were you up to?"
"Just bringing Forge down gently, he wanted to patrol with Vonriir while we are at this event, I told him the security is adequate," Jack said.
“Ah, of course he wanted to come. He’s been lingering around like he expects something to happen. I don’t think he’s felt settled since the whole ordeal with Degarde and Braig.” Replied the dragon. Before Jack could answer there was a knock at the door.
The gold jumped to his feet and answered to find Comox.
“Hey, We’re going out for a fly to the creek, wanna come?” asked the Boldwing.
“Sure! See ya later, Jack,” smiled his dragon before bounding out, making a game of getting to the dragon hanger first.
Unread Sep 13th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #14
IapetusCas
Black & White

Zyra reached out a paw and turned off her blaring alarm, yawning. She stretched and got out of bed, resettling her wings across her back.
"Mel, time to get up," she called.
Melina stirred looking at the electronic calendar on her tablet, today was the day of their charity event, Zyra and her, along with Jack and Ardon would be attending this event in hopes of raising money for 5 charities, the presence of the dragons usually got wallets of the rich opened to donate.
Jack and Melina would pose as agents and disguise themselves up and stick to a script and ensure the dragons were not taken advantage of.
“Today is the day I guess, well best jump in the shower and I give you a polish on the scales, make you TV ready” Melina said with a smile.
"Alright, thanks Melina," smiled Zyra. "I'll grab us some breakfast quick while you're getting cleaned up." Offered the dragoness.
Melina smiled, getting out of bed and stretching.
“Yes, then you hop in the shower so I can polish those scales, we be all ready and set by the time the boys come rushing down Doctor” Melina replied chuckling lightly.
The dragoness laughed. "Yeah they tend to leave everything till the last minute when it comes to getting ready."
“I agree, right best get ready, you bring breakfast and when your back I should be done” Melina said heading for the shower.
"Alright," smiled Zyra, heading out to fetch them something to eat before they got ready for the day.
Melina jumped into the shower to get ready and presentable for the charity event, knowing that she would have to change her appearance and act like an agent once more, part of the façade to keep her close to Zyra without revealing Torchwood.
Meanwhile while the girls were getting up and on, getting things done, the boys however it was indeed a very different story when the alarm went off.
Ardon was dead asleep despite his alarm going off. He shifted slightly in his sleep.
Jack stirred awake hearing the alarm go off, he looked to see the dragon not even getting up to switch it off.
“Hey, lazy bones, sort that alarm out will you” said Jack giving a big yawn from his bed.
Ardon groaned and reached for the alarm, turning it off. He curled up instead of getting up however, settling into his blankets.
Jack chuckled and set his alarm to snooze as he got his blankets and rested up, they could get ready in plenty of time, or what usually happened in a rush.
Melina had finished her shower and was changed, now doing her hair as Zyra returned with breakfast for both of them.
“So Doctor, what is for breakfast today, or on the trolley Toby has served up for us” she asked the bold wing.
"Well, I was going to get our usual but he made omelettes today so we have that and toast and of course tea," said Zyra.
Melina looked and smiled.
“Ahh, all good with me, I nearly done, straightening my hair and then doing the style differently, plus adding some bits and bobs to conceal my identity” Melina said to the dragoness.
The boldwing nodded, sipping her tea. "Good thing I don't need to hide my identity. That would be next to impossible," said Zyra.
Melina laughed lightly.
“Well yes, that be challenging, you tuck in I got to finish up and then you hop into the dragon shower while I eat, then I get the polish our for your white scales to gleam brightly” Melina replied back.
"Alright, mel," said the dragoness, finishing her breakfast.

The dragoness returned after cleaning up, drying off her crest with a towel. "I fell better after that," she said sitting down.
“Well you dragons are spoilt, in the wild I very doubt you have temperature control on demand or the selection of pressure as well” Chuckled Melina lightly.
"Hey, I don't mind being a little spoiled," laughed Zyra. "I don't think it's done me any harm."
Melina nodded in agreement.
“True but it is not wild like Forge prefers, then again I have heard Vonriir singing a tune he has on in the shower, oh he has a voice” Melina laughed, remembering when she walked past and heard the Crag back.
Zyra snickered, she had heard him singing to himself a time or two, "that he does. Most dragons do like to sing in some fashion. Little known fact."
Melina grinned at the dragoness.
"Well not singing to spice girls!" Melina laughed.
"What? You've got to be joking!" Said Zyra as she joined in the laughter.
"Wish I was Zy, he was really getting his voice behind it, judging from the vibrations and steam coming from under his door, he was dancing in the shower" Melina laughed louder.
"Oh, Stars that is too good," said the dragoness, shaking her head with a smile.
"But if you tried to tease him about it I can see him totally owning it instead."
Melina agreed with the bold wing.
“It is very very hard to offend that dragon, he rather talk to you for ages than attack anyone, I think that is why Jack is reluctant to use him for front line service, he does have a massive heart of gold, a dragon everyone can look up to in Academy” Melina said.
"Very true. He was an asset during the raid though, he's got some firepower to him, even though he doesn't bring it out often," said Zyra.
“I agree, right how do I look Zy?” Melina asked, she had put makeup on and done her hair differently to her usual style and it did make her look like a stranger and not professor Melina.
"Lovely as always Mel, but different," she said with a smile, "You pull off your disguise well."
Melina grinned, “Excellent, come on let’s get you all ready for the event, then if the boys aren’t up we send in the Comox” Laughed Melina.

Meanwhile the boys were still snoozing unaware of the passage of time as they slept soundly in their new quarters, there was very little noise as it was well insulated and with it being larger, when the lights were out it was darker than their old quarters.
Ardon stretched a little while later, yawning. Lifting his head he looked over at his alarm clock and realized the time.
"Stars, Jack we slept in, we have to get ready," he said, springing to his feet.
Jack got up and stretched, but soon realised Ardon’s words now they registered, “Quick grab a shower, well we both will and then hurry and get ready” Jack said rushing off to the shower.
Ardon cleaned up quickly, drying off with haste as he polished the scales on his face while he waited for Jack.
"The girls are going to be mad," he said.
“Your telling me, I give your scales a quick polish I get changed now” Jack said rushing some more and grabbing some clothes, “Get the polish and cloths out Ardy” Jack said as he hastily got his clothes on.
"Already started," replied the dragon, running the cloth over his nose until the gold and espresso coloured points on his muzzle gleamed. "How's this?" he asked.
Jack came out and smiled.
“Great, I do the rest of you, just stay still as I quickly polish” Jack said taking the cloth off Ardon and polishing in him.
There was a knock on the door as Jack called for whoever it was to come in, Melina and Zyra came in seeing the boys rush.
Melina shook her head lightly..boys.
“Jack come here, let’s sort that out, get your tie on and all” Melina said helping Jack tidy as Zyra went to sort out the gold.
"Oh Ardon you still have soap behind your horns," tutted Zyra, grabbing his crest and a towel to wipe away the suds.
"Jack was going to let you go out in public like that, how cruel," she teased.
"Hey, I wasn't done yet," Ardon retorted but she knew it wasn't true.
Jack smiled as he heard the banter from Ardon and Zyra as Melina sorted out the man’s tie and helped the man gel his hair.
“Ok, I think the boys are ready Zy, got thing too the shuttle is here” Melina said walking out of Jack’s area with the man all dressed smartly.
"Not bad, Jack," smiled Zyra.
"Alright let's head out then," said Ardon.
"Oh NOW you want to be on time?" Teased the boldwing.
Melina laughed as Jack followed the dragons towards the shuttle hanger, “Ok gang remember heads switched on and stick to the scripts, we be around to ensure all is well” Jack said as they entered the hanger where the shuttle was waiting for them.
Unread Sep 14th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #15
Aerazura
the listener

The ramp to the shuttle opened and they were soon allowed to board. It was only to be a short flight so they wouldn't have to wait too long before they arrived.
"Best professional behaviour today Ardon, you be on display to the world here, keep it cool" Jack advised the gold as they settled into the shuttle. Ardon laid down on the floor beside the bench seat that Jack sat in.
Melina and Zyra settled cross from them as the doors shut and the shuttle powered up.
"When do I ever not keep my cool when we're out for these kinds of events?" Replied Ardon, crossing his paws as he looked out the window while they took off.
"I know was just saying, we haven’t done this for a little while, that is all" Jack replied back.
“Yeah it had been some time since we’ve made an appearance at a public event,” noted the Boldwing dragoness.
“Well, we’ve been busy saving the world time after time, and getting in all sorts of trouble,” said Ardon.
"Yeah, that’s true. We haven’t had much time for other things lately. You’ve been busy with the dragon academy and I was working on my degree. It’s been a crazy year. This is a good start back into the public eye for us though. I'm happy we get to choose the charities the donations go to," said Zyra.
"Yes, I did say to the EA to do that for us at least, Ardon and you both chose well," Jack said.
"I'm glad Zy picked 2 charities close to my heart, I am hoping we help raise lots of money," Melina said.
Hey dragon nodded. They had chosen two charities, one revolving around science funding and one for education and scholarships for new students looking into their fields. Ardon had chosen a disaster relief program and another for environmental restoration. The dragons seemed happy with their choices and the public announcement had already garnered a lot of positive attention.

Back at the facility Comox was working away, tinkering away in Baxter's office. He had a few books and his tablet laid out in front of him as he typed away. He had been busy on a personal project for some time now though he hadn't shared what it was he had been up to lately.
Just then a familiar face walked past the office. Seeing the door open the wraith sauntered in.

"Whatcha doing?" Asked Veyron, moseying into the room. The dragon was a snoop and a nosy one at that. He always had to know what was going on and who was doing what. This was all part of what made Veyron the wraith that is was. Gathering information for later use was one of the constants in his personality.
"Why do you want to know?" Asked Comox, grabbing a pen and scribbled down some notes in his distinct style.
"Because, it's part of my job," replied the wraith.
"Sure it is," Comox mumbled as he read out some numbers before turning back to the tablet and typed away.
"Oh come on, Slick, whatcha working on," crooner Veyron, hopping onto the dragons shoulder to see for himself.
"Perhaps drop the nicknames and we'll talk."
"Touchy, touchy." Hummed the little shadow wraith.
"Comox sighed, "in working on a new Interface for the dragons here, their profiles and whatnot. Right now there's three different programs to catalogue information but with Baxter's help, I've made one seamless program that connects everything together. Profiles and states and all medical data can be linked and pulled together at once. Having known medical data on everyone's species could potentially be a life saver. It's my hope that it will help speed things along once Ardon's project gets larger." The boldwing explained.
Veyron was silent for a moment while he scanned through what was on the screen.
"Seems like a little much. What is someone where to get their paws on this information?"
"Baxter has done all the backend security and encryption. For the program already. Plus it will be on a closed network only available to us. The more sensitive information can only be accessed with a master key anyway."
"Got it all figured out, huh?" Said Veyron, jumping down to the tablet. He flicked through the different profiles and stopped when he came to his name. "There's nothing here. Not even a picture of your truly. What's the deal with that?"
"I haven't gotten to you yet," replied Comox patiently, taking the tablet away from the wraith.
"Why the hell not? I should have been number one," he said, strutting around.
Comox shook his head, "my program, I got dibs on the first entry." He smiled.
"Sounds a little egotistical don't ya think?"
Comox raised an eyebrow to the wraith, "is there anything else you need to know or can you leave me to my work now?"
"Nah. That's all I needed, thanks, Nerd."
Comox sighed as Veyron sauntered out.
"Thanks, Veyron," he said under his breath, getting back to work.
Unread Sep 15th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #16
IapetusCas
Black & White

Mark was doing some work in his office, now that Jack had gone with the other dragons, there was some quiet so he could catch up with reports, the most boring part of the job in his opinion.
Least he had all afternoon to do them while they were out, then he could send them over to Jack, as he was second in command, he was indeed a busy guy, doing paperwork and reports from department heads within the facility.
"Hey champ," came a voice from Mark's door as the wraith walked in. "What's happen'?" he asked as he hopped onto the man's desk.
Mark looked up from his desk and saw the Wraith dragon saunter in, as he usually did when he was on the prowl.
“What you are not doing, keeping busy and finishing reports while I got some quiet, so if you don’t mind” Mark replied.
"Well then, I see how valued my gracious company is," said Veyron, sitting at the edge of his desk, choosing to ignore the man's wish to be left alone.
Mark frowned and sighed lightly.
“Cabinet on the left, bottle is on the right hand side” Mark gestured to his stash cabinet in his office as Mark finished another report.
"I know," grinned the wraith.
“Hah” Mark said as the buzzer went off and mark answered it.
“Mark here” he said.
“Sir, Damian here at Ops, our sensors have detected an energy spike in the London area, the main computer picked it up, it was only for about 5 seconds and things returned to normal” the operator said.
Mark looked up at the Wraith as if he perhaps knew of anything.
"Where is it? In the building?" asked the wraith, abandoning the glass and hopping back over to the desk to look.
Mark spoke again to Damian.
“Can you pin point a location?, anything natural not that we are expecting thundery showers” Mark asked.
“No sir, it appeared as a beep and vanished before our sensors could find a location but it was in the London area, that we are pretty sure” Damian said to Mark.
Mark seemed to scratch his head.
“Get Professor Baxter to investigate and report back when you got something, Mark out” he switched the tablet off.
“Hrmm, very strange, not expecting any thundery weather” Mark checked the weather forecast to see if he was right, which he was, sunshine all day.
"Surprised it's not summer rain in this damn place," said Veyron, folding his arms.
Mark agreed but it was odd, usually they were good at picking up odd activity, whatever it was it was powerful spike then fell below the radar.
“Well Professor Baxter will look into it, until then, I don’t think it’s worth investigating yet, unless the situation changes” Mark said to the wraith.
"Nearly dropped my glass for nothing then," replied the wraith, returning to the cabinet. Instead of pouring himself a drink he surprisingly put the bottle and glass away.
“Not thirsty?, you feeling ok?” Mark lightly teased.
Veyron faked an unimpressed laugh, "I never indulge when something might be up. Gotta have my wits about me."
Mark was amused by the Wraith’s approach.
“Good idea, we go investigate what the control centre in a moment to see if there is anything elese” Mark replied to the Wraith.

The shuttle began to descend into London, towards the outskirts of the vast metropolis that was the Capital of the UK, the TV studio’s where the charity event was being held was huge as the dragons saw it come to view.
"Hey, check it out, Zy," said Ardon as he looked out the window. Zyra joined him as the shuttle came into land and they could see the building.
"That's a huge studio," she replied.
"It is, to house you two, they needed the room" Jack teased lightly.
Ardon stuck out his tongue before looking back out the window as they got closer.
"Alright, ready for the limelight?" Asked Zyra.
"Always," grinned he gold.
The shuttle landed and the doors opened, there was security barriers and security guards in place As Ardon, Zyra and the two humans walked out as flashes from camera’s and people shouting trying to get an interview with the gold and the boldwing, true to form Ardon loved the limelight and loved people as the media pushed against one another to get the best photos.
Ardon arched his neck proudly as he strode out of the shuttle alongside Zyra as the cameras went off.
"Rein it in, Ardy," Zyra whispered but Ardon just grinned and flared his wing to the cameras.
“Ardon!, Ardon!, how do you feel to be at this event!”
“Ardon, are you and Zyra an Item!”
“What do you say to your fan’s here today!” questions from the media were shouted out towards the dragons as they walked towards the studio’s Melina and Ardon acting as agents, keeping close to their respective dragons.
A few of the questions made Ardon hesitate but he smiled and thanked everyone for coming out to see them.
"Thanks everyone. We hope that the charity drive goes well and that we can raise enough funds to get what we need to help these organizations," supplied Zyra.
Jack and Melina shook hands with the producer and director who guided them in past the large doors that was opened for them, once the dragons were in the doors were closed, as guards moved to ensure noone got in.
“We are so pleased to have the dragons here for this event, name is Andrew, lead producer here” the man said as he shook Jack’s hand and Melina’s, he was about average height, curly brown hair and was clean shaven, he held a tablet which contained information on the event and how the programmes would be broadcasted.
“We are pleased to help, as we said as long as the agreement your company signed is respected, we will be happy for the dragons to aid in fund raising” Jack said to the man who nodded as they spoke business.
The dragons walked past the crew getting things ready and ensure camera’s were in the right places and the lighting was right for everyone.
"They really have done it up in here," notes Ardon as they entered the studio.
"Well it is a big event," replied Zyra. "So they went all out for it."
After Jack and all met the director and chatted for a moment with Melina who seemed amused by a joke that was told as the man returned to the dragons.
“Well, you be with the presenters and basically be there, you be given placards with your chosen charities and all, he said you can get pyro, as for you Zy just look pretty and majestic” Jack said.
Zyra made a disapproving noise and pushed Jack playfully. "I am more than just a pretty face."
Jack laughed and smiled lightly.
“Dr Bold Wing, please professionalism” Jack said playing the act of agent very well.
She flashed him a wry smile. "If I must."

After an hour of touring and meeting the hosts of the show, a loud voice could be heard as the director seemed to bark orders to the team, with only 5 minutes left till live broadcasting.
“Ok people places please!, can we have the dragons ready to come on in a moment after the presentation!” the director shouted as the film crew scrambled in every direction, making sure all was read as the hosts of the show and the people on the phones got to their places.
“Give them a good show Ardy” Jack said with a wink as Melina simply smiled as the dragons were shown where they were to go.
The director counted down as the show got under way with the intro played and the crowd lucky to see the show live clapped and cheered as the hosts appeared, smiling and waving, Jack and Melina stood back out the way to watch the show and observe activity.
“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, thank you all for watching, I’m Mathew Yates” the man dressed smartly in a tuxedo said.
“And I’m Amanda Davies and welcome to the Big charity event 2092, we are so excited by this year’s show to raise money for amazing good causes and we have a special treat tonight don’t we Mathew?” the woman said with a smile, teeth as white as the bold wing’s scales.
“That is right Amanda, today we have the unique opportunity to have 2 special guests that are larger than life, please give it up for our favourite UK residents, Ardon and Dr Zyra Bold wing!” Mathew said as the crowd cheered and clapped ecstatically.
Ardon and Zyra walked out, smiling and nodding to the audience. The dragoness did a graceful little bow before joining the gold at the stage marker that they were told to go.
The show was a great success with many talents and artists accompanying the dragons as the calls came in, there was brief interviews with the two dragons asking them their reasons for endorsing their selected charities and some congratulations on Zyra becoming the first dragon Doctor.
The dragons stuck to their strict scripts but Ardon had the chance to show off a little while Zyra kept composed as the show went on.
Soon the show was over and the dragon’s thanked for their dedication and helping out on the show before they were escorted off stage to a giant buffet for the crew and the dragons of course.
"Hungry, Zy?" Asked Ardon, gesturing toward the food.
The bold wing shook her head, "no, in till have butterflies from talking. Do you think I did okay?" She asked.
"You did great!" Ardon complimented her.
“You did great guys, we were impressed, weren’t we Jack?” Melina asked the man who nodded, folding his arms.
“Yes, you both did, I just need to pop outside, get a signal, we get the transport” Jack said as he left the dragons and Melina to it.
He greeted some of the staff as he left by the back door and went to get his phone, he walked a bit away from the studio for it to be quiet.
All of a sudden out of the darkness, men dressed smartly in black suits wearing shaded glasses appeared, Jack looked around to see about 12 come out of the shadows.
“Can I help you gentlemen” Jack asked as one man dressed in a completely white suite approached, flanked by two others in suites.
“Dressed smart for the occasion, Mr Harkness, we have been waiting all night for you to appear” the man said, from his accent and Dialect they were from the far east, Japan from the accent.
“Don’t know who your on about, I’m just an agent making a call” Jack replied.
The man smiled and shook his head.
“I do not think lying will help you here Mr Harkness, my client gave me very strict instructions to bring you to him, I’d rather bring you to him undamaged” he said calmly as the men closed in, guns drawn.
Jack looked around and nodded lightly.
“Well, your in for a bad night” Jack said and attacked the nearest man, punching him so hard he flew a few feet before landing heavily as the others joined in, Jack punching and swatting them aside like flies, the Man’s inhuman strength and quick reflexes made him a challenge, however numbers were against him as he flung one man into the rubbish bins as another tried to restrain him but Jack threw the two men holding him into the steel fence nearby.
The men knew martial arts and soon knocked Jack, but the man wasn’t out as he did his own and took out 3 men with a round house kick.
Ardon paused, feeling something wash over him through the link.
Zyra turned to him, realizing something was up.
"Ardon, what's wrong?" She asked.
Instead of answering he bolted towards the back of the building.
Melina came over in a rush and looked up at the dragoness, concern in her eyes as she sensed the dragoness concerns after Ardon bolted.
“Zyra, what is it, what is wrong” Melina asked, concern and worry in her voice.
"I don't know. Something up. Ardon went running off," she said before turning to chase after him.
“Just go, after him, support if needs be, I contact Mark, go!” Melina said urging the bold wing on.
The dragoness didn't need to be told twice and went bolting in the direction that Ardon had went.
Jack was doing well but unknown to him the man in white got closer as the others kept Jack busy, the man in white holding a syringe like device and when he was close he moved in quick and inject Jack in the neck with some sort of knock out concoction, Jack battled but soon lost consciousness as the man slumped to the floor.
“Get in the van, hurry!” the man in white told his men as they grabbed Jack and dragged the man towards a unmarked black van, the doors opened as another few men helped them get Jack into the van.
Ardon busted through the doors and skidded to a stop as he realized in horror what was happening.
The threats of shouts nor guns deterred the gold. He snarled and lunged for the van and the men who were trying to take Jack away.
“Stop that dragon” the man in white shouted out in Japanese as the men guns fired, laser aimed in the gold’s direction as they blocked the golden dragon’s path, as the van doors shut firmly.
Ardon growled viciously as the men tried to stop him. Light suddenly exploded across his scales as brathille ignited. Immediately the golden shimmer shield materialized before him, blocking the shots.
He swung his tail, knocking a few of them off their feet. He turned and swatted others to the ground with little care, so enraged that they had dared mess with his Attilu.
The Van hit the gas and sped off as Ardon dealt with the remainder of the resistance blocking his way to Jack.
Zyra came out through the doors, stunned at seeing the men on the ground. She had heard gunshots and the squeal of tires.
"We have to go after the van! They took Jack!" yelled Ardon, shimmering brightly.
The dragoness could feel her own scales begin to glow slightly as she realized what was happening just as Ardon took wing.
The Van sped off on the roads, zig zagging in traffic as the dragons took on pursuit, the Van went into tunnels and other underpasses to lose the dragons as they pursued them unrelenting.
The dragon raced off after the van, trails streaks of white and gold behind them. Zyra realized Ardon was having no trouble keeping up to her wickedly fast pace, his eyes locked onto the van ahead.
The one man looked out the window to see the dragons still pursuing as the Van bombed it down the min road at ridiculous speeds, he shouted in Japanese about the dragons still chasing them, the man in white replied back, the rear doors opening and 3 drones took off.
The drones were small and circular but seemed to be armed with front mounted laser cannon, that could swivel 360, they opened fire on the dragons as the gold and bold wing dodged the purple laser fire.
Ardon flung himself in front of Zyra as they flew and set out a jet of fire. The stream did not reach far enough to damage the drones but it was no match for Zyra's acid. She flew around the gold and shot two down easily while Ardon chased the third, striking it down to the earth with a heavy swing of his tail.
The one man swore in his language as the van smashed open a gate went into a large warehouse, the doors were then firmly shut behind them as the van stopped inside the reinforced warehouse bunker, once used by a defence contractor.
The men left the van and he spoke to the other men who had been waiting inside, the black unmarked cars parked inside the vast warehouse bunker.
“Get Mr Harkness out the van, establish a defence perimeter until the transport arrives” he ordered as the men shouted and armed themselves with weapons.
The two dragons landed as Ardon reared up on his hind paws and tested out the door.
"Check around back to make sure they didn't leave!" He ordered. She took off quickly to go ensure they weren't being tricked.
The men inside rushed to arm themselves knowing two angry dragons were coming to get Jack back and the gold one did not look best pleased.
The shimmering light across the golds scales intensified as the desperation to get Jack back steadily rose.
He began to try to strike the door with his paws.
Two more drones came out of nowhere and was heading towards where Ardon and Zyra were.
Zyra heard the distinct whirring sound and turned to see two more drones. She jumped away from the back doors she was guarding and leapt into the air, firing at them.
Ardon took a few steps back before charging the door at full force.
"Jack! I'm on my way!" He roared, charging again.
The door dented but the steel held up to the attacks as the dragon attacks became more focussed, the men inside armed and ready for when they did break through.
Ardon snarled as he battled against the door with a fierceness that was burning within him.
Just then Zyra returned hastily, "what if I melt off the hinges?" She asked, putting her paws on the door.
The doors had been dented but held up to the gold dragon’s tactics so far, however there was visible damage to the doors as the dragons tried to get in.
The gold dragon bared his teeth and struck the door, barging into it twice more before Zyra made him stand back.
"Hang on," she said, opening her jaws and sending out jets of intense, concentrated acid. It struck the doors weak points and the metal bubbled and hissed angrily.
The steel held up but the intensity and concentration of the acid, fuelled by Brathille made Zyra’s shots even more potent, causing her spurs to work double time to produce stronger acid as it ate at the doors.
"Can you do it again, there?" He said, pointing. "It should open then. "
Zyra nodded and emptied her acid spurs, trying to get the door open as quickly as possible.
The acid had eaten away a good chunk of the outer layer with the inner part now exposed, there was still work to be done but the acid had eaten through very thick steel doors in a matter of a goof couple of minutes.
"I'm out," panted Zyra.
Ardon growled and looked at the doors, coiling to charge again.
"Together," said Zyra as she backed up and readied herself. At once the two of them barged into the weakened door with their combined strength.
While the dragons were battling Melina had notified Mark who had dispatched fighters to get there and Forge, along with Vonriir and Comox had shot off, with Mark and Veyron coming by car with security forces following behind quickly with Daniel also accompanying them.

Ardon could somehow sense Zyra’s own brathille powering her as she battled the door beside him mightily. He grit his teeth and went in for one final ram with his shoulder against the weakened steel.
The steel bent and gave way to the dragons but was still holding them back, but it would not be long before they entered as the men inside prepared to engage them, watching in surprise at how the two dragons had nearly gotten through the doors.
The dragons pushed at the door, paws skittering across the floor as they shook but finally something gave way and the doors burst open.
As soon as the dragons appeared, hell rained down upon them as the men opened fire on the dragons, laser fired lit up the inside of the warehouse as they tried to subdue the dragons, Jack was carried to the far end as a large circular tank like vehicle appeared at the side, the men taking Jack on board while the dragons were distracted.
The dragons were met with gunfire. They bolted with great speed, racing out of the way.
Zyra knocked away two of them with her tail, spinning around as she heard Ardon snarl. He had been struck across his neck but the gold continued to charge forward, not letting the pain stop him as he lowered his crest and sent a few men flying.
Men went in every direction as they tried to hold the dragons back, in their Brathille state, they were far faster and seemed like a blur, Zyra especially, her quick thinking and agile moves made her very difficult to shoot as she took out more goons.
There was a thunderous roar overhead as their backup arrived.
Forge came like lightning out of the sky, setting two planes aflame as they waited outside the hangar, breaking their wings with swipes of his powerful talons. As he turned his eyes to the sky he panted heavily, having flown as fast as he could to make it in time.
Above Comox took out a drone but another came up from overhead and shot him twice through the wing. He shouted in pain before reeling around and striking it out of the sky.
The back up had arrived with Mark’s team not too far behind as the planes burned, all of a sudden the circular tank appeared and was moving off.
All of a sudden a blue green glow and light appeared as a whirring noise could be heard, all of a sudden the vehicle erupted into light and then vanished from the place, leaving no trace, Jack had been on there, the link with Jack vanished as soon as the vehicle disappeared.
There was nothing anyone could of done, the planes were as a distraction and to escape the country as police sirens could be heard as well as EA ships approaching in the distance but in the end the back up came too late and Ardon’s rescue efforts had failed…………Jack, his Atillu had been kidnapped.
Unread Sep 16th, 2017, 07:05 AM   #17
Aerazura
the listener

Ardon and Zyra had burst out of the building just in time to see the vehicle that contained Jack simply disappear in a flash of light. Gone. Not a trace of it to be found.
“No!” cried Ardon, skidding to a halt, “No…” He stared off into the space where the tank had been before suddenly rushing off.
“Ardon!” Called Zyra, running after him. She could feel the desperation in his voice as he ran to where they had last seen the vehicle before it disappeared into thin air.
Forge and Comox landed on the concrete by the burning planes, staring in confused shock as they tried to realize what happened before their eyes.

“What the hell just happened?” asked Veyron as he leaned over Mark’s shoulder in the SUV when it came to a halt. Looking out the window he could see the burning plane wreckage and the other dragons, Ardon running to the middle of the wide storage yard that stretched out beyond the back of the warehouse.
“Melina rang in and said Ardon and Zyra had gone off, Jack was in danger, we tracked the dragons here and followed, we about to find out," Mark said getting his Sniper Rifle out of a box and put it together.
“Woah,” said Veyron, hopping to his opposite shoulder so that he wouldn’t be so in the way, “Ardon’s glowing. Something’s gone down,” he observed as they got out of the car.

Ardon stood on the empty tarmac outside the hangar, panting. His hearts beat wildly in his chest as he realized he lost Jack. He was his guardian and he had lost him, completely. Those men had vanished without a trace. Looking around in a panic he knew he couldn’t do anything here in this moment to save him.
“Ardon…” came a gentle yet worried voice. She could see his side of his neck was bleeding, the edges of the scales dark from being burnt by the laser shot.
He turned and saw Zyra approaching. She looked shocked but was trying to rally herself to help keep a level head on the situation, as dire as it seemed. Her scales had stopped glowing now but there was a lasting shimmer across Ardon’s.

"What the heck happened here, sorry, we got here as fast as we could?" Mark said sniper rifle in hand as Daniel approached as his team searched the area. Daniel’s team had come from the opposite direction but it still had been no use.

“There was a fight outside the studio and a bunch of men took Jack. Possible some of them were of Japanese descent? We gave chase to the warehouse and broke in but we were too late. They had this strange, roundish tank looking thing and it drove up here and just…. vanished; right into thin air. There was a flash of blue-green light and it was just gone,” explained Zyra, walking up to Mark and Daniel.
"A disappearing tank? You quite sure? it isn’t cloaked or anything? Veyron grab your IR goggles, see if its left a trail or anything we can follow," Mark instructed.
The dragon sprinted back to the car and fetched the goggles and put them on. Scanning the area he could see the trail begin close to the back of the warehouse before suddenly disappearing halfway down the tarmac.
"She's right; it's just up and vanished. The trail stops right where Ardon in standing," said Veyron, holding out the goggles for Mark to see.
"Is this thing recording it all? So we can have Professor Baxter and Professor Melina look at it?" Mark said looking through the goggles.
“Oh, Mel,” said Zyra, realizing she had left her back at the studio.
“I’ll get her,” said Comox, having had walked up to hear what was going on. He jumped into the air in a flash and took off for the studio to fetch the professor before Zyra had a chance to say thank you.
Veyron flicked a switch and passed over the now fading light with the goggles to record what they could see to take back to Torchwood, “Got it.”
Forge walked up to the group, “We should get out of here, I hear sirens.”
It was true, the blare of emergency responders was growing louder and louder by the minute. It wouldn’t take them long to get here.
Zyra looked to Mark for orders, now he was in charge and the dragons felt a loss of what to do. There was no trail to follow, no foe to chase down. It had ended so suddenly and now there was nothing could be done right at this instant and it made them all uneasy.
"Daniel you stay here and work with the EA and local authorities, get as much info as you can before you move, out, get identities of these men, you dragons back to base," Mark ordered.
Forge and Zyra nodded, the dragoness walked back to the gold.
“Ardy, we have to go,” she said quietly as she approached.
“I can’t, he was here. Zy, he was right here and now he’s gone,” Ardon replied. He looked horror struck but there was a rage rising in his voice.
“Ardon, they’ve gone somewhere. We have to leave before the media get here. Daniel is staying with the others to investigate but we have to go. This won’t look good for the Academy if we’re caught here.”
The gold wavered a moment, “But…”
“No, come on, we’ll go back home and begin to figure this out. They took Jack alive, we have to have hope…. Ardy?” she said, unsure how to talk to him in such a state. He was distant and unmoving but she knew he was dealing with turmoil inwardly.
The dragon closed his eyes and took a slow breath to steady himself. His wings suddenly unfurled and he launched into the air.
Forge saw Ardon take off and flew after him but Zyra lingered a moment and turned back to Mark and Veyron.
“Melina is back at the studio, Comox went to get her…”
Veyron fished Mark’s mobile out of his pocket and dialed the professor.
“Hey, ****’s gone down. Comox is coming to get ya. We’re headed back to the facility, meet you there,” he said quickly before hanging up, not wanting to deliver the concerning news.
“She knows. Meet you back at the facility, “ he told Zyra as he and Mark turned back for the SUV.
Zyra nodded and sighed, jumping aloft and flying after the small gold speck that she knew to be Ardon.
Unread Sep 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #18
IapetusCas
Black & White

Mark got back in the car and took off his bullet proof vest and dismantled the sniper rifle, he sat back in the car and sighed heavily, with Jack gone under what now appears ot be a kidnapping of the Torchwood 5 leader Mark was now in charge of the facility and the whole Academy, he shook his head at the whole mess, it was supposed to of been a good easy charity event and they be home.
Jack had assured him security was adequate and the dragons were safe, while worrying about the dragon’s safety he neglected his own.
"You alright?" Asked Veyron, looking down at the man from his perch upon his shoulder.
Mark nodded lightly.
“Yes be fine, not exactly the role I planned to have but Jack made me second in command so….you best get strapped in, we best make a move” Mark said starting up the land rover.
Veyron jumped into the passenger seat and sat down, "Well You've got this. We'll get the commander back. As far as I've heard he tends to disappear from time to time?"
Mark seemed lightly amused as the he drove off, leaving Daniel and his team to look for clues and to find out what happened there.
Once Mark returned to Torchwood 5, he parked up the vehicle as the base seemed buzzing with activity, people working to find out what had gone on with Jack and his kidnapping, so far there had been no demands made or anything in local media.
“Thank you for attending Veyron, I can drop you off at your quarters while I deal with all this” Mark said to the wraith as he was perched on his shoulder as he walked along the corridor.
"Nah I'll stick around," replied the wraith, set on helping figure this out.
“Alright” Mark said as he walked into the dragon academy where the dragons had already arrived, obviously Professor Baxter and Martin had got the staff working to find any patterns or any clues to where Jack could of gone.
Mark knew he would get bombarded with questions when he walked through to the dragon hanger where they would normally be.
Back at the base Zyra heard the sound of Comox's talons and Melina's heels.
She rushed over and hugged her Attilu, relieved that she was okay, "I'm sorry I left in such a hurry," she apologized.
Behind her, Ardon was still silent but angry and scared. Nothing Forge seemed to say eased the young gold out of this state.
Melina smiled and hugged the bold wing’s muzzle to assure her she was ok.
“I’m fine Zy, don’t worry, Comox came for me, although he’s been hit, I’m worried for Ardon, he looks angry, I sense that bubbling frustration” Melina said to the bold wing.
"He's been like this before when Jack was changed by the machine and when you and him got lost through the portal, nothing snaps him out of it," she said in a quiet tone.
Melina nodded, as she approached Forge and Ardon, Melina looked up to Forge who had a steel look of a warlord upon his face, Melina noticed the poor gold had been shot in the neck and dried blood trickled down, staining his golden scales.
“Ardon?, my poor boy, your hurt, I think we should take care of that, along with Comox” Melina suggested to the gold.
"It's fine," replied the dragon with a distant tone, "We need to find out where Jack was taken. Has anyone started with CCTV recordings in the area? Facial recognition? Anything?" he seemed agitated.
"Ardon, one thing at a time..." said Zyra.
Melina was going to speak when Mark walked into the dragon hanger with Veyron and Hitteki following, she had heard the situation and came down to help from her chores.
Vonriir had made his way down to speak with Mark after he heard what happened.
"If I can be of any assistance I would gladly help," the large dragon offered.
“I will do big guy, don’t you worry” Mark said knowing at least the massive Crag back support was unwavering in this situation as he approached the gang.
"Mark, anything? What's going on?" Interrupted Ardon.
Mark looked a little taken aback by the direct questioning, he had only walked through the door, the golden dragon looked at him as if he had the answers.
“Hold your horses there, I have only just arrived myself back at the facility, Daniel hasn’t even sent anything to report, you can’t expect me to have all the answers this minute” the man said in defence.
"Jack is missing," fumed Ardon. "This is not something we can just sit around and wait for."
Mark frowned, unimpressed by the gold’s attitude.
“I did not think of having a beer and sitting on my ass Ardon, the footage from the IR goggles Veyron wore is being analysed by professor Baxter and his team, in the meantime I want you and Comox patched up, your no good to the academy with holes in you” Mark assertively said.
As Ardon stalked away Zyra walked up to mark, "Have a little patience with him if you can, Mark. Losing your Attilu is the worst thing imaginable for a dragon." She said gently, trying to ease tensions.
Mark sighed lightly, looking up at the ceiling and then back to the dragoness as Melina seemed to be quiet for now.
“I try, but I need to have them healed and sorted, while we begin our investigations” Mark said to the bold wing.
"I know. Let me handle that bit and we'll see from there," said Zyra.
Mark nodded as Melina gave a respectful nod to Mark as the man shook his head, looking at Veyron.
“Some gratitude, expects me to pull rabbits out of my ass and have all the answers” Mark said bluntly.
"I'm sorry Mark, we're all out of sorts. We appreciate what you're doing and I certainly don't mean to appear thankless," said the dragoness, defeat and tired worry in her voice.
Mark left them to it as Melina approached the bold wing and Comox.
“Come on Co, we sort out your wings and make sure your all fixed up to go help professor Baxter” Melina said.
"Alright," nodded the male bold wing, following the professor.
Melina was going to ask Ardon but the dragon had sulked off with Forge following him, she decided, she ask Sam to go get him.
"Keep it together, Ardon. We will find him," said forge in his steely tone.
Ardon glowered, holding his head in his paws. "Easier said than done," he growled.
Soon Sam appeared as the man looked to see Forge with Ardon, “Hello there, sorry to interrupt but Melina would like to heal your wound on your neck, she’s currently treating Comox” Sam said to the gold.
Ardon stopped and tilted his head so that Sam could see the injury. He let out a slow breath, trying to keep his cool. His patience was wearing thin, the longer they went without any information.
“If you come with me to the medical bay Mel can get you fixed” Sam said, being wary of the gold for now.
"Alright," said Ardon, following the Doctor.
When Sam and Ardon went into the medical bay, Melina was finishing off Comox Injuries and he was patched up with Zyra’s help as they got Comox back up and running again from his injuries.
Unread Sep 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #19
IapetusCas
Black & White

Mark got back in the car and took off his bullet proof vest and dismantled the sniper rifle, he sat back in the car and sighed heavily, with Jack gone under what now appears ot be a kidnapping of the Torchwood 5 leader Mark was now in charge of the facility and the whole Academy, he shook his head at the whole mess, it was supposed to of been a good easy charity event and they be home.
Jack had assured him security was adequate and the dragons were safe, while worrying about the dragon’s safety he neglected his own.
"You alright?" Asked Veyron, looking down at the man from his perch upon his shoulder.
Mark nodded lightly.
“Yes be fine, not exactly the role I planned to have but Jack made me second in command so….you best get strapped in, we best make a move” Mark said starting up the land rover.
Veyron jumped into the passenger seat and sat down, "Well You've got this. We'll get the commander back. As far as I've heard he tends to disappear from time to time?"
Mark seemed lightly amused as the he drove off, leaving Daniel and his team to look for clues and to find out what happened there.
Once Mark returned to Torchwood 5, he parked up the vehicle as the base seemed buzzing with activity, people working to find out what had gone on with Jack and his kidnapping, so far there had been no demands made or anything in local media.
“Thank you for attending Veyron, I can drop you off at your quarters while I deal with all this” Mark said to the wraith as he was perched on his shoulder as he walked along the corridor.
"Nah I'll stick around," replied the wraith, set on helping figure this out.
“Alright” Mark said as he walked into the dragon academy where the dragons had already arrived, obviously Professor Baxter and Martin had got the staff working to find any patterns or any clues to where Jack could of gone.
Mark knew he would get bombarded with questions when he walked through to the dragon hanger where they would normally be.
Back at the base Zyra heard the sound of Comox's talons and Melina's heels.
She rushed over and hugged her Attilu, relieved that she was okay, "I'm sorry I left in such a hurry," she apologized.
Behind her, Ardon was still silent but angry and scared. Nothing Forge seemed to say eased the young gold out of this state.
Melina smiled and hugged the bold wing’s muzzle to assure her she was ok.
“I’m fine Zy, don’t worry, Comox came for me, although he’s been hit, I’m worried for Ardon, he looks angry, I sense that bubbling frustration” Melina said to the bold wing.
"He's been like this before when Jack was changed by the machine and when you and him got lost through the portal, nothing snaps him out of it," she said in a quiet tone.
Melina nodded, as she approached Forge and Ardon, Melina looked up to Forge who had a steel look of a warlord upon his face, Melina noticed the poor gold had been shot in the neck and dried blood trickled down, staining his golden scales.
“Ardon?, my poor boy, your hurt, I think we should take care of that, along with Comox” Melina suggested to the gold.
"It's fine," replied the dragon with a distant tone, "We need to find out where Jack was taken. Has anyone started with CCTV recordings in the area? Facial recognition? Anything?" he seemed agitated.
"Ardon, one thing at a time..." said Zyra.
Melina was going to speak when Mark walked into the dragon hanger with Veyron and Hitteki following, she had heard the situation and came down to help from her chores.
Vonriir had made his way down to speak with Mark after he heard what happened.
"If I can be of any assistance I would gladly help," the large dragon offered.
“I will do big guy, don’t you worry” Mark said knowing at least the massive Crag back support was unwavering in this situation as he approached the gang.
"Mark, anything? What's going on?" Interrupted Ardon.
Mark looked a little taken aback by the direct questioning, he had only walked through the door, the golden dragon looked at him as if he had the answers.
“Hold your horses there, I have only just arrived myself back at the facility, Daniel hasn’t even sent anything to report, you can’t expect me to have all the answers this minute” the man said in defence.
"Jack is missing," fumed Ardon. "This is not something we can just sit around and wait for."
Mark frowned, unimpressed by the gold’s attitude.
“I did not think of having a beer and sitting on my ass Ardon, the footage from the IR goggles Veyron wore is being analysed by professor Baxter and his team, in the meantime I want you and Comox patched up, your no good to the academy with holes in you” Mark assertively said.
As Ardon stalked away Zyra walked up to mark, "Have a little patience with him if you can, Mark. Losing your Attilu is the worst thing imaginable for a dragon." She said gently, trying to ease tensions.
Mark sighed lightly, looking up at the ceiling and then back to the dragoness as Melina seemed to be quiet for now.
“I try, but I need to have them healed and sorted, while we begin our investigations” Mark said to the bold wing.
"I know. Let me handle that bit and we'll see from there," said Zyra.
Mark nodded as Melina gave a respectful nod to Mark as the man shook his head, looking at Veyron.
“Some gratitude, expects me to pull rabbits out of my ass and have all the answers” Mark said bluntly.
"I'm sorry Mark, we're all out of sorts. We appreciate what you're doing and I certainly don't mean to appear thankless," said the dragoness, defeat and tired worry in her voice.
Mark left them to it as Melina approached the bold wing and Comox.
“Come on Co, we sort out your wings and make sure your all fixed up to go help professor Baxter” Melina said.
"Alright," nodded the male bold wing, following the professor.
Melina was going to ask Ardon but the dragon had sulked off with Forge following him, she decided, she ask Sam to go get him.
"Keep it together, Ardon. We will find him," said forge in his steely tone.
Ardon glowered, holding his head in his paws. "Easier said than done," he growled.
Soon Sam appeared as the man looked to see Forge with Ardon, “Hello there, sorry to interrupt but Melina would like to heal your wound on your neck, she’s currently treating Comox” Sam said to the gold.
Ardon stopped and tilted his head so that Sam could see the injury. He let out a slow breath, trying to keep his cool. His patience was wearing thin, the longer they went without any information.
“If you come with me to the medical bay Mel can get you fixed” Sam said, being wary of the gold for now.
"Alright," said Ardon, following the Doctor.
When Sam and Ardon went into the medical bay, Melina was finishing off Comox Injuries and he was patched up with Zyra’s help as they got Comox back up and running again from his injuries.
Unread Sep 17th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #20
Aerazura
the listener

Sam kindly led Ardon back to the labs but the dragon was on autopilot, not truly paying attention to what was going on around him. He was a mess of emotion, threatening to unravel at any moment. He dragged his heels into the medical wing and stopped automatically when Sam went to go fetch Melina. Comox passed by and gave Ardon and inquiring tilt of his head but when the gold didn’t make any indication that he would respond the Boldwing moved on with a grim expression.
Melina approached the gold with the medical equipment to sort out the hole in the side of his neck.
"Let's sort this injury out Ardon, I numb the area and get to work" Melina said, her voice soft and calming.
The dragon sat obediently before laying down so that his injury was within reach of the professor. The shot had just nicked the side of the long stretch of muscle that ran down the side of his neck. He had been lucky; a small difference in trajectory and it could have meant his carotid artery could have been the target. The laser had blasted through the thinner scale and bit into the flesh. The edges, however, almost seemed like they had tried to heal, perhaps with Brathille alighting.
"We will get him back... right?" He asked quietly while she worked. He stared off into some distant place. Unsettled and discontent.
"Of course we will Ardon, Jack isn’t easy to get rid of, or to keep in chains, you got yourself a tough Atillu Ardy," she said with a kind smile, hoping to give the gold confidence.
Instead he lowered his head, closing his eyes in defeat.
"I know it's hard Ardy, we get him back you see, we all work together to bring him home, then you can lick and pounce on him all day" Melina said softly as she fixed up Ardon's wound. A bandage was applied to keep it clean and it should heal without damage or scars for being so shallow. Once Melina was finished she petted the golden dragon's muzzle smoothing gently on the middle of his nose, gently and careful before smiling, "You’re all fixed up and clear to go," Melina said to the gold.
“Thank you,” he said quietly, heaving himself to his feet and dragged himself out of the medical wing.

A short while later Zyra returned to the medical win where Melina and Sam were cleaning up. She had just been talking to Comox and checked in with Forge, letting him know that there was no news yet.
She walked up to the professor who seemed a little drained from the day.
“Everything okay…. Well that’s a stupid question, but you know what I mean,” said the dragoness.
"I'm worried for Ardon Zy, he seems so lost without Jack, you ok to keep an eye on him?" She asked.
"Yeah of course, Mel," nodded the Boldwing. They had been through this before. She knew what to do, "I hope we find him soon and that Jack is alright..."
"I'm sure he is; you can't keep him down for long," Melina said to the dragoness.
Zyra nodded, nuzzling Melina briefly before turning to go check on Ardon, “I’ll see you later.” She said before leaving the room.

Surprisingly to most Veyron had hunkered down in the control room and was going through a number of recordings from security cameras in the area. The wraith wasn’t normally a proactive member of the team but today he seemed focused and dedicated to helping out.
He stood on one of the desks, staring up at the screen with one paw on his hip and the other holding his chin as if he were thinking.
"Anything stand out from your observations of the data?" Mark said, seemingly surprised the wraith was being a useful asset. The wraith turned to see that Mark had returned to the command center.
"Well I am surprised those goons were about to limp away after Ardon bulldozed them," he said, pointing to security footage with a talon. It was looping through a few minutes of recording and currently Ardon was wreaking havoc against the few men that had stayed behind to hold off the dragons. It was rather stunning to see, plus the magnified awe that was gained at seeing Brathille ignite in an instant on not only Ardon but Zyra to some degree as well, "You can see here that he hasn’t killed any of these idiots but they still managed to keep him busy enough for the vehicle to get a head start. No plates on the van though but that shouldn’t surprise us. Everyone here looks like they are working as a unit. They were prepared for a little Drakine trouble."
Mark looked at the footage, "Well it was a pro job, only organized gangs usually do this trick, so seems our kidnappers were organized gang members of Asian origin," Mark said.
"Any chance facial recognition can make a match with any of these lowlifes that got away? There are one or two clear still that we might be able to work with," Said Veyron pulling up a few pictures, “Here and here are good examples to use.”
"I think so, run it through EA local and FBI databases," Mark said to the wraith. He nodded and send the specific files over to be run through.
Veyron turned back to the screen and nodded before a small smirk played across his muzzle.
"Heh, FBI...." said the wraith, scratching his chin as he went through the rest of the recording, jotting down notes on a piece of paper.
"What is so amusing to you?" Mark asked the wraith.
“Had run-ins with them before. Stateside in LA. They were one of the first to come investigate reports of my presence, other than exterminators and the like. They really aren’t all that sneaky as they like to think they are. Rolling up in all black vehicles and a bunch of suited up men pop out. That’s not what I would call secret by any stretch,” mused the little dragon, tapping a fang with his talon in thought, “Those were some interesting days, on the run. They couldn’t leave well enough alone and all that lead to me being here.”
Unread Sep 17th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #21
IapetusCas
Black & White

A few hours later Daniels team returned back and parked up, the team carried with them bagged hard drive’s and CCTV recordings as they approached Professor Baxter’s office.
Daniel knocked on the door as the man was working on some footage that had been taken from the studio’s CCTV showing Jack punch a good number of smartly dressed men armed with laser weapons.
“Professor, these were taken from the area, including around the large warehouse, the CCTV is not great but was operating at the time of the incident, the Police nor EA knew of it” Daniel said as the professor took the bags.
“Thank you, Daniel, I see what I can do to help, I should have a briefing tomorrow for everyone when I’ve analysed the data” the professor said as Daniel left him to it.
Baxter got his team and went to the computer labs to work on the evidence obtained by the security team, the team worked on the evidence obtained.
Comox had wandered down to the computer labs and upon entering he saw that it was abuzz with activity.
Professor Baxter looked up from his work to see the male bold wing come into the computer labs looking at all the Hussle or bustle.
"Ah Comox, I need you to help enhance this cctv footage, it's grainy and not great quality but we can clean it up" Baxter said.
"I can do that," nodded the dragon as he stepped up to one of the computers and set to work, "Send it back to you once it’s been enhanced?" the bold wing asked the professor.
"Yes, once I processed this I do a briefing in the dragon hanger" the professor replied.
"Alright, sir," said the bold wing, setting his focus onto the screen.

Meanwhile on the other side of the facility, Ardon had slinked away after being healed up by professor Melina.
Zyra knocked on the door of Ardon and Jack's room but no one answered. She could tell the gold was in there, however and nosed open the door that had been left somewhat ajar.
"Ardy?" she called into the dimly lit room.
As she came around the corner of the foyer and spotted the dragon laying next to the bed, chin on the corner of the mattress.
"Hey," he mumbled, not looking at her.
Her hearts felt pang of sympathy for him as she approached.
"Forge told me to stay away from the command centre for now," he explained in a low tone.
Zyra nodded, that was probably for the best with Mark trying to sort things out.
"We'll find him Ardy, I know it."
All of a sudden a beeping noise could be heard in Ardon’s room, it was from the large TV that was placed there so both of them could get communications, the ID was Mark.
Ardon lifted his head as he heard the beeping. Getting up the dragon answered the call from Mark, suddenly alert.
"Mark? Whats going on?" he asked as Zyra's head appeared behind him in the screen as well, wanting to hear the news.
“We got some news, Professor Baxter has got us some information as well as Veyron, I’m holding a meeting 10 minutes, dragon hanger..be there” Mark said as the screen reverted to the T5 logo.
Ardon jumped to his feet, "Come on, let's go."
"He said ten minutes-" started Zyra but the gold was already halfway out the door, not wanting to waste a moment. She hurried after him, flicking the door shut with her tail behind her.
Mark informed all the dragons and then Melina to meet down in the dragon hanger, the massive screen there was ideal to show the dragons the information, Daniel would also be there as it seemed they had some news to share.
Forge and Vonriir walked into the hangar where Ardon and Zyra where already waiting with the other younger dragons.
"Any word?" asked the silver.
Ardon shook his head, "Not until Mark gets here."
Melina soon came in to see the other dragons here but she was the first of the senior team to arrive, but it wasn’t long before the other senior members of staff came in.
The dragons turned to see Baxter and Mark walk in, Veyron perched upon the second in command's shoulder while Comox followed in behind.
Mark stood at the front while Professor Baxter was there with his tablet, Daniel wasn’t far away as they all looked at the man.
Mark coughed to clear his throat, Veyron perched on his shoulder as the man spoke.
“Ok, I called you all here as we have had a development in our own investigations, Baxter’s team as well as Veyron here have been hard at work to try and find out where Jack could be and importantly who took him and why, although this is only preliminary evidence, it is a strong lead” Mark said to the rest of the group.
Ardon waited with bated breath, while the others focused in on what Mark was saying.
“Professor Baxter has more and have found some information from the CCTV footage we obtained” Mark said as Baxter tapped on his tablet activating the screen.
“What you are seeing here is footage of Jack being captured, the footage is poor, we done our best to clean it up but its still a little grainy” Baxter said playing the footage on the large screen.
What they saw would stun them as they saw some men take Jack into a circular vehicle and it take off and in a bright flash of green and blue it vanished.
The dragons looked surprised.
"What technology is this?" Asked Forge, "it's not something I'm familiar with."
Baxter looked at Forge with a grim expression, clearly the man of tech was concerned.
"Technology that shouldn't even exist, that's the worrying bit, many had given up on the idea as pure fantasy" Baxter said.
"What does this mean in terms of finding Jack?" asked Ardon. Zyra could hear him trying to hold back the demand in his voice.
Baxter looked at Melina as Mark turned to face the gold.
"Basically Ardon, there is only two agencies that hold the data for this, one is EA special ops and us, meaning....we have a traitor in our midst, who sold Jack down the river" Mark said bluntly, not mincing his words.
"Just T5 or all of Torchwood?" asked Forge sternly. "Do you have any suspects if it were internal?"
Hitteki frowned and looked at the wraith, thinking perhaps the dragon was involved and sold the information for a price.
“This technology can only be found between us and the EA agencies, same with Jack’s real identity in the studio, it was only information the EA and us knew about” Baxter said.
“Which means someone set Jack up to be captured, Veyron has information on the people who attacked Jack” Mark said allowing the wraith his input in this investigation.
"So, from what we've gathered this group is the Yakuza hailing from Japan. They're a deadly and efficient organization." Explained Veyron.
Hitteki frowned, “So this gang of humans, took Jack and then…..borrowed a human vehicle that shouldn’t exist to where?” Hitteki said as Baxter added his two cents.
“It is based on portal technology, how they done it I don’t know, it takes allot of power, you seen the massive generators to power the portal to Kilara”.
Forge nodded, "is there any way to trace power surges that it takes to supply this machine? Could we detect the return of it if the vehicle is on earth?"
Ardon's heart sunk. There was a possibility that this tech could take him off the planet completely.
“I’ve spoken to Torchwood in Japan, they are looking, they have a very good network there, I am waiting to hear back from them” Mark said.
“I’m puzzled, why take Jack and go to the trouble?” Hitteki asked.
“He knows allot on Torchwood operations and of the dragon academy, plus any security stuff he may know” Melina replied to the Emerald’s question.
"They took him alive so that is a positive. They likely want him for some reason or another so that gives us time," said Forge.
"True, so we have to work quickly as we can," nodded Veyron, "but that may be hard to do as information is only coming in as a trickle."
Mark nodded in agreement, “I got a suspicion that these guys are working for someone, we will keep digging, once I hear any more information I let you guys know” Mark said.
"Anything we can do to help?" Asked Ardon as the other dragons nodded in agreement, wanting to help.
“Once I have more intel, I let you guys know, Veyron will continue to work with me on the identities and Comox will work with Professor Baxter to look at the other data and USB sticks” Mark replied to the group.
Ardon gave a shallow nod, trying to understand and be patient.
"Alright. We will be waiting should you have need of us." Said forge.
“Perhaps….you should learn Japanese, just in case we do need to head to the land of the rising sun” Melina suggested.
“Professor didn’t you and Forge go there?” Daniel asked.
“We did, I had hoped that we dismantled the gang and money makers in that area, I hope they have not emerged again to get Jack” Melina said concerned.
Unread Sep 17th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #22
Aerazura
the listener

The humans filed out of the dragon hangar as well as Comox and Veyron, leaving the others to lay in wait and hope for something to come up that would progress their investigation into finding Jack.
Forge and Vonriir walked out shortly after it seemed like Ardon was in of little mood to talk, the gold lingering back, not knowing what else to do. This separation from his bonded human was really putting the dragon into a state that was hard to rise above.
"I am here if you need me guardian Ardon, I think this is all such an awful thing, our leader being kidnapped" the emerald said as she walked over to him.
“Thanks, Hitteki,” he mumbled back.
"It is but we'll find him," said Zyra with a nod, trying to pump some positivity into the conversation and make Ardon less blue. She turned to the emerald dragoness, an idea turning in her head, "Hitteki, you've been a quick learner, care to try and learn the language with us? I have got access to a few programs that will help speed things along."
The emerald nodded enthusiastically, "Yes I would, I find it strange humans speak in different tongues but it is an interesting prospect" Hitteki replied back
"That's great, Hitteki, I'll get some things and meet you back here in a few minutes," said the dragoness. If she could get Ardon to focus on this task maybe that would help, “Alright, you two stay here. We’ll get underway in a moment. I’ll be right back.”
She hurried off out of the hangar to fetch the items they would need.
Ardon stood where he was quietly for a moment before turning away from Hitteki and walking towards the door to the corridor.
"Ardon, where are you off, Guardian Zyra will be back with reading material" Hitteki said.
The gold didn’t reply and instead disappeared out of the hangar without a word, leaving the emerald dragoness on her own in the large room.
He wandered down the halls, plodding along with a fog over his mind. As he was about to make it to his quarters Vonriir turned the corner and spotted him.
“Hey there Ardon, chin up. We’ll get Jack back to you in a flash. I can feel it,” he said cheerfully.
“I hope so,” replied Ardon in a tone so dull that it wiped the smile off of Vonriir’s face. He looked a bit crestfallen.
“It will be alright, If anyone can find them it’s your team.”
Ardon nodded, “Gotta go,” he said before disappearing into his room and shutting the door behind him.
“Oh young Ardon, I’m sorry,” Vonriir whispered to himself, turning away from the dragon’s room sadly.
Once inside he let out a heavy sigh and sunk to the floor. Everyone was trying to be helpful and optimistic for him but he couldn’t deal with it, not right now. He laid down on the floor like a sphinx and bowed his head so that his nose was almost touching the tile between his front paws.
Closing his eyes he tried to think, attempting to find that sliver of link that he had with Jack. He had felt nothing since the man had been knocked out and even that was a deadening feeling. Something remained, however, just enough that he knew he wasn’t gone, thank the stars.
Ardon had recalled talking to Icarus briefly about losing David Stonewell. The dragon obviously did not like talking about such a painful thing but he had felt like he was going mad when it happened, that it pained him in such a way that it was like his own life was melting away.
If that was what it was like to have your Attilu die then Ardon knew that Jack was still alive, for now. He clung onto that hope and tried to make his mind shut out everything else.
Feeling rather foolish, Ardon eventually gave up, not knowing if it would even work. Brathille had grown between them so steadily that he hoped he could conjure up something that would let him know where he was.
But there was no use in it. Nothing happened when he tried. Exhausted by his anger and grief, Ardon fell into a fitful sleep.

Back in the dragon hanger Zyra returned, breathing hard from her hurry with an armful of books and her tablet.
“I got these for us to work on-“ she paused, looking up, “Where did Ardon go?” she asked, confused.
"He just wandered off Guardian Zyra, seemed distracted," Hitteki replied back.
Zyra sighed, “Fair enough. I’ll check in on him later, for now you and I can get a new language under our belts,” she said, handing over some paper for Hitteki to make flashcards out of. Dragons, especially young ones were able to easily learn new languages. If exposed as a hatchling and during their first year, dragons could adopt multiple languages at once with enough practice. It would be a little trickier than just being immersed by a new language for Zyra and Hitteki but the Boldwing dragoness believed they would be able to get the basics down quickly enough.
As they practiced, Zyra could feel something so faint across the link that she wasn’t sure if she was imagining it or not. She was devastated at the loss of Jack but she somehow felt like this small ghostlike feeling was something else all-together. She wondered if it was Melina, perhaps but her Attilu’s emotions always came across in a different way… felt different through the link. She couldn’t put her talon on what was going on but chalked it up to the stress of everything that surrounded them.
Unread Sep 17th, 2017, 03:29 PM   #23
IapetusCas
Black & White

Mark was in his office as he was reviewing the footage on his laptop, he watched it over and over for any clues but sadly things were drawing a blank, he was hoping he would spot something but sadly nothing.
Jack seemed to have a knack for it but Mark did not, he was more of a hands on operative where Jack had organizational knowledge and a keen eye for spotting things unusual, whether it was because of him being part dragon, he did not know.
“Urgh, darn it” Mark said putting his head in his hands and rubbing his face, the poor man had been up a good while and seemed to be running on fumes at the moment.
Veyron returned to marks office with a cup of coffee in hand. He held it up so that Mark would take it from his paws and allow him to hop up on the desk.
"Any luck so far?" He asked.
Mark shook his head, taking a big swig of the coffee that the wraith had given him.
“Nothing really, Jack has a knack for these things, me?, no nothing, Baxter is working on the other USB sticks but he reckons there isn’t anything further we could learn” Mark said.
"I'm sure something will come up," said the wraith, hopping into the desk.
"No ransom requests or anything?"
Mark shook his head.
“No, nothing, whoever captured him doesn’t want money it seems, we would of heard something by now” Mark said to the wraith.
A beeping noise appeared on his screen as Mark saw there was an incoming message for him.
“Mark here” he said.
“Mark sir, Anne Summerfield on the line from Torchwood 9” the operator said.
“Put her through, perhaps we might have some results Veyron” Mark said to the wraith.
The little wraith hid out of sight of the screen, he was still an unknown in the t5 group but wanted to hear. He clicked the mouse and the call came through.
Soon the Torchwood 9 Logo appeared and soon a woman appeared, short dark black hair, blue eyes and a rather imposing demeanour about her, she was dressed smartly and her office looked pristine and futuristic even by Torchwood standards.
“Mr De Santa, thank you for taking my call, I was wondering if you were still up” she said, her voice soft but you could tell by the posture and how she sat in her seat that was a very determined and focus person.
“Yes, looking through footage, trying to find out where our disappearing tank has gone with our commander” Mark replied.
Anne nodded, putting her hands together.
“I understand, well we are investigating a spike in energy levels that was detected in Japan Northern province, Amori to be exact, we are double checking our scans, but there was no electrical storms over the northern lands” Anne explained.
Mark sat a bit more upright.
“We also detected a spike, but as soon as it appeared it vanished, we were unable to track it” Mark said as the woman nodded lightly, not showing much emotion and kept a professional demeanour.
“Well, we do have some advanced sensor detection but sadly could not give an exact location, the region itself is full of nature reserves and forests, we will look again at our results” she replied back.
“Please do, if it is the same spike reading we picked up, there is a good chance that tank appeared in Japan, since the gang members were identified as Yakuza, then I got a strong suspicion they are in Japan with Jack” Mark said assertively.
The womand typed on her virtual keyboard on her desk and looked up the information before looking at Mark.
“Our results are in, they match your energy spike, I suggest you and your team get to Japan as soon as possible, I will make the arrangements, our facility is on Sado Island, in Tachigahirayama, we have a unique operation here…plus a little surprise for you…..Sayonara Commander De Santa” Anne said as the screen reverted back to the T5 logo.
Mark sighed and looked at Veyron who had been listening.
“What do you make of her Veyron, she seems very professional, if not stone cold at the same time” Mark commented.
"I dunno," hummed the wraith, scratching his chin, "she did seem rather unwavering but that could just be her."
Mark agreed, she was a bit direct and too formal, but then again, they did not really communicate with Torchwood 9 much as operations there seem to cover the whole of the Asian area.
“We best get transports ready to fly to Sado Island, Japan, I get use some comfortable transports, are you coming or you staying here” Mark asked.
"I'll come. You'll might need someone a little less conspicuous than a giant gold drake." Said Veyron.
Mark agreed, they might need a small dragon operative.
“Ok, you best start packing, I let the team know” Mark said as he went to inform the others.
"Got it, Cap'," said the wraith, bounding off to sort out his bag or tricks.

Mark was about to notify Baxter and Melina when he heard a familiar voice.
"You're on the move?" Asked forge, appearing at the door or marks office, having overheard the earlier conversation. "Do you need us at the ready?
Mark looked up to see Forge, he was too big to fit in the office but the corridors were large enough for dragons.
“Yes, Anne Summerfield of Torchwood 9 said their facility picked up an energy spike like we did, she is sure that the tank reappeared there, I was about to notify the teams and arrange us some transport, comfortable transport” Mark said to the silver.
"Comfort is of no issue. Let us be on our way as soon as possible instead." Said forge.
“Let me get things sorted, I get things arranged, I be leaving Daniel in charge here but I want at least 2 dragons here, just in case we need investigations done” Mark said.
"Who will you have remain here?" Inquired forge.
“That is not my call, that is for the academy head to decide, that is Ardon, Baxter will stay here as well, I want him to remain here to keep things ticking over and any info to be processed here” Mark replied to the silver.
Forge nodded, "I'll get the others ready then." He said before disappearing to speak with the dragons.
Mark felt the dragon leave as he went to sort out the transports for them and he have to call in a favour to the EA.
Unread Sep 18th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #24
Aerazura
the listener

Ardon opened his eyes and found himself in a wide, dark room. It was dimly lit and dingy, the smell of the place made his scales prickle. He stepped forward, seeing a pale light at far beyond where he stood. Taking off into a run he could feel something was off, something wasn’t quite right.
As he charged forward he could see a man standing with his back to him in the room beyond. When the dragon got closer he realized it was Jack. There was no mistaking his posture and shape even at this distance.
“Jack? Jack!” he yelled, running faster towards his Attilu.
There was no response as the man kept his back to the gold dragon, not moving from his location.
Ardon rushed up to him and put his paw up to his shoulder, "Jack... Jack what’s wrong?"
All of a sudden the man swung around and it was not Jack, but the possessed version of the man, evil fiery red eyes and his hand nails were claws as he swung at the gold, out of the shadows also appeared the terrifying form of Skahrsen.
Ardon scrambled backwards in terror, eyes darting back and forth between the two of them, “N-no!” he shouted.
Jack jumped at him and swung his claws as Skahrsen took to the sky and came after him, launching fire upon him but instead of the warm glow of dragon-fire the flames flickered black, consuming all the light around them.
Ardon stumbled backwards, trying to avoid them both, horrified at what he was witnessing.
“No, you’re not Jack!” he roared, unleashing his own flame at the possessed man.
The man dodged and seemed to growl as Skahrsen came at the golden dragon launching his own fire.
In desperation he tried to call upon brathille. It was his only defense against Skahrsen in the past but no matter what he did the light did not appear.
Sakahrsen grabbed the golden dragon, spun him round and threw him hard towards the floor, landing a punch in his chest to ensure he hit the ground with a thump
The gold skidded across the floor with a pained yelp before coming to a stop in a heap.
The man and dragon dropped onto the ground nearby, the possessed Jack gave a sly villainous grin while Skahrsen looked down at the gold with a focused frown, red fiery eyes ablaze.
The gold looked up in terror as they drew closer.

“Ardon, Ardon wake up, you’re having a nightmare,” called Zyra, her voice so close.
When he finally opened his eyes she was standing over him, paw on his cheek. She let out a breath, having looked rather worried, “I couldn’t wake you and you were shouting.”
“I…” he said, looking up at her in confusion. The dream had seemed…. Had felt so real. His hearts where hammering in his chest still and there was a sheen of sweat across his brow.
“It’s alright. It was just a dream. Your mind is amuck with everything that’s been going on,” she reassured him, “It was just a dream.”
Ardon’s breathing slowed to normal and he rolled to his feet before sitting up as Zyra backed away to give him some space. The horrible feeling had not left since he woke and was now settling heavily on his shoulders.
“You okay?” asked Zyra softly.
“I…. I think I might know why Jack was taken.”
Zyra tilted her head slightly.
“I had a dream, Jack… but not Jack, it was like he was possessed, red eyes and claws,” he said, holding up his paws in a slashing motion, “and Skahrsen… I was fighting them…”
“Skahrsen is gone,” said the dragoness, trying to ease his worry.
“Perhaps not. What if they… the people who made him are back? They know who Jack is. They could try…”
“Shh, don’t think about that. He’s gone. Brathille took care of that for us, remember?”
“I dunno, Zy…” he said before looking up to her, “…Why were you in my room?”
“Oh,” said the dragoness, taken aback a bit as she realized she had come in without asking, “I had come down to tell you that we’ve gotten news. You didn’t answer the door but I heard you yelling. I wanted to make sure you where okay.”
“Oh, news though?” he asked, perking up a bit.
“Yes,” she nodded. “Mark heard from T9.”
“Japan.”
“Correct. They had the exact same energy spike not long after Jack disappeared. We think that he may have been taken there. Mark is assembling a transport. He wants you to pick who goes.”
“Alright,” he said, rubbing his nose with a paw, still unable to shake that feeling.
“We’ll go down to the dragon hanger and you can have a bit to think on it. It will take a few hours for the transport to arrive.”
Ardon nodded and stood up, following her out.
“Forge had been to Japan before. As have you and I,” said Ardon as they walked.
“You and I were stuck on that little island. I don’t know if I would count that as much experience, but yes you are correct.”
“I want some of us to stay back here to defend this place if need be but I want to bring most of us in case we’re dealing with the worst…”
“Fair enough. Forge will want to know who is going for certain.”
As they walked into the dragon hanger the others were already waiting save for Veyron.
“Hey, everyone,” said the gold dragon as he walked up to the group. “Looks like Japan is our next destination in hopefully finding Jack. I don’t know what we are going to be facing so I want the majority of us to go though I can’t leave the facility unprotected. Hitteki, Comox, can I leave that responsibility to you both?”
"I will defend the humans in the facility guardian Ardon, you can count on me," Hitteki said with a bow. Comox nodded as well.
“Thank you both. Forge, Vonriir, I’ll have you go with me, Zyra, will you come too? We could use your quick thinking and acid possibly.”
The dragoness nodded, “Of course.”
“I guess I’ll have Veyron stay behind too,” said Ardon, scratching the back of his neck.
“No you won’t. I’m coming, kiddo.” Said the wraith as he marched into the dragon hanger, lugging a bag behind him.
“You are?”
“Hell yes I am. You guys need a little brain in addition to the brawn,”
Ardon frowned and gestured to Zyra.
“Fine, a little stealth and the ability to be inconspicuous then,” said the wraith.
“Alright, I guess you’re coming. Everyone who’s headed out, please grab your gear and have it ready to load onto the transport.”
“We’ll get him back, Ardy. There’s no stopping up,” said Zyra with a small, hopeful smile as she passed the gold to grab her battle rigging.
Unread Sep 18th, 2017, 01:54 PM   #25
IapetusCas
Black & White

Melina was packing for the trip for Japan, only packing the essentials, she guessed they would have facilities there since Torchwood 9 was the second largest facility on Earth, part of the Torchwood organization, they were the most important but she had never seen what the guys in Japan had done.
She opened her other cupboard to see her combat gear, Jack had got her but she had not used it at all, she was a professor not a action combat person.
She decided to pack it and also took out her issued gun, she looked at it, never been used, the gleam of the metal still intact, a standard defence hand laser, but she could feel her hand tremble a little in nervousness, unsure if she had to use this she could.
She took some breaths to try and steady her nerves, she had done firing ranges with her family in Australia and on the firing ranges here but that was practice targets, no more than paper, she was use to saving lives, not taking them away.
Sadly, her calming techniques did not help as she worried if she could even rise to the challenge of firing the gun as her internal emotions clashed with her morals.
"Mel?" Said Zyra, walking into their quarters. She spotted the gun on the desk and looked up at her.
"You don't have to bring it. I'll guard you." She said, feeling the woman's uneasiness.
Melina nodded lightly, being a little quiet, “I should take it really, to ensure we are all safe, just I done firing ranges and I can defend myself just..moral compass” Melina replied back.
Zyra nodded, understanding. "I get it. Ardon is really concerned what we might be up against."
Melina turned to face the bold wing.
“He has got allot on his mind, it is bad losing your Attilu, you just feel empty, that reassuring warmth you get is gone…….they have always been very close, I can see why Ardon is lost” Melina replied back taking the gun and putting it back in the drawer.
“You do the protecting, I do the healing” she said with a small smile.
"Got it," replies the dragoness with a small reassuring smile of her own.
Melina grabbed her bags and slung it over her shoulders as she left their quarters, locking it with a code as she made her way to the fighter hanger with Zyra by her side.
"Here, I can take those," said Zyra, reaching to grab the luggage.
Melina shook her head lightly.
“I can manage, your my dragon, not a pack mule, plus need to work out on upper body anyway” she said with a huff.
"Im not a mule if you don't call me one," she reasoned, taking one of the bags as a compromise. "I'm allowed to, being your dragon and all."
Melina laughed lightly.
“You never let me struggle with these, anyways what is all this young lady” Melina poked her muscled shoulders, “When did you get these” she lightly teased, Melina trying to lighten the mood and raise their spirits.
Zyra smirked, nosing Melina's shoulder. "It's from keeping all the boys in line. Someone has to."
Melina seemed to be proud of the bold wing, at being more muscled and bulky female for a bold wing.
“I guess the training here and the boys have made your body adapt to it, I was unaware you could get brawny female bold wings” she queried the dragoness.
"I am not brawny," snorted Zyra, throwing back her head majestically. "Elegant and sleek thank you."
Melina laughed at the bold wing’s reaction, “Touchy” she teased back as they went into the hanger, as a large forklift was carrying Vonriirs armour to the hanger so it could be loaded onto the transport when it arrived.
Vonriir lumbered after the forklift driver. "I could help you know. I really don't mind."
"You've been so busy chatting that you didn't realize that you've already made it this far," said forge, shaking his head. "Just let him do his job and we will get boarded up”.
Mark entered the hanger as the hanger manager said the transport would not be long and would land soon.
Mark signed off the reports as he explained Daniel would be in charge of Torchwood 5 until they returned.
Ardon entered the dragon hanger with his gear slung over his shoulder.
"everyone just about ready?" He asked the group.
"Yep," came Veyron’s voice as he walked in, wearing an outfit that looked rather like a riot uniform.
"Where did you get that?" Asked Vonriir, bringing his head down low to look, "it's so-"
"If you say any variation of the word small or stars forbid the word cute, you'll regret it, Vonriir." Interrupted the wraith as he rolled up his sleeves.
Melina smiled, glad to see the wraith coming to help out.
“I think you look ready for the part Veyron, very professional and mean business” the professor said to the wraith.
"I always mean business," replied Veyron, "get that, would you?" He asked, pointing to his rucksack.
Zyra gave him a look.
The wraith rolled his eyes. "Please..."
As Zyra took the bag from the wraith, the hanger manager was guiding another large forklift truck with another large box.
“Mark, where do you want Forge’s armour, with Von boys?” he asked.
“Please, load it all up then” Mark said as the big doors opened in preparation for the transports arrival.
Forge looked a bit puzzled. "I don't have armour, who-" he began to ask but spotted Melina. He smiled inwardly. He was supposed to be a guardian but she was watching out for him just as much.
Melina turned and smiled, giving Forge a wink as Hitteki and Comox came in to talk to the younger dragons, Melina went to speak to the large silver, standing before the warlord.
"I have spent 500 years in my own scales. They've done me well as I still breathe today," he said to her in reply to finding out about he newly made armour.
Melina smiled.
“Your welcome Forge, I knew you wouldn’t agree so using all the data on the system I had armour made for you….just in case” Melina said to the warlord.
The silver seemed somewhat amused by this, "I see. Don't trust an old dragon anymore."
Melina laughed lightly.
“I trust you fully, I just wanted to help, I know someone who will always appreciate being suited up with armour and rocking combat specs, isn’t that right Vonriir” Melina said to the massive crag back.
"Oh certainly, miss Melina," smiled the large dragon.
Melina looked up at Forge and gestured, “See?, my talents aren’t wasted on everyone” she winked at the silver.
Forge gave her a small smile and a dip of his head to show that he did indeed appreciate the gesture.
Melina gave a respectful nod back before returning to Zyra and the gang as the transport could be heard hovering overhead and coming into land, it was indeed a massive transport ship, used for heavy transport of goods and machinery, but kitted out to transport the dragons with room to spare.
“Once it lands and the doors open, everyone get on board, it take a bit of time to load up all the stuff but once it is done, we be on our way” Mark said as the massive ship came into land.