The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Mar 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Ruukah
Banned

Sera Imara - (A New Day)

"Well now, looky here." A large but skinny dark-maned lion trotted over to where Jenghis had made the kill, not stopping until he was nearly nose-to-nose with him. He looked at the dead zebra and then to the smaller lion. "What do you think you're doing?"
"Hunting," Jenghis replied between breaths.
"On my land?"
"This is unmarked land. I wouldn't be here without permission if it wasn't."
The dark lion growled and began to circle. "Your nose is blind. This land is clearly marked. Do you know how I handle interlopers?"
At the moment he felt his fear level rising too high, Jenghis said a quick prayer in his mind. The larger lion drew back and swatted him with claws extended, leaving short gashes on the side of his face.
"Now get out."
Jenghis scowled at the dark lion, and instead of leaving he turned his head to expose the other cheek.
"Don't even think about hitting him again, 'Suko!" The strong, sandy lion had left his hiding place.
"You," he snarled. "What's your business here?"
"What's yours?" he snapped. "You lied when you said this land was marked. It's not. Not by you or anyone."
The dark lion turned his back on the stranger and sprayed. The mist fell just short of him. Then he turned around slowly. "There. Marked."
"You can't do that."
"I just did!"
"Then yours will be the shortest reign in history!" He bolted and the darker lion braced himself for impact.

To read the whole thing: http://www.geocities.com/seraimara/0SeraImara.htm
Ruukah is offline   Reply With Quote