The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > OOC Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread Nov 15th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #1
Saitenyo
Allons-y!

Mature RP Forum

At the request of a few of the members here and after some careful discussion we (the Lilymud Staff) have decided to add a seperate subforum for more mature role play. Now, in order for this to run smoothly, there are a few restrictions we've put on this forum.

The forum is for role plays that would fall under the R-rating if we were going by US movie standards. This is to keep stuff like that out of the regular RP areas since we know a lot of younger users visit this site. However, this is not a forum for sexually explicit role play. Violence is fine, mature themes are fine, but no graphic sex. This is not a NC-17 fanfic free-for-all session, this is a forum for more mature topics. A number of other more detailed rules are outlined in the guidelines thread in the forum, which you are of course, required to read before participating.

Because of the reprocutions (legal, emotional, etc.) of having a section for more mature RPs, we have decided to restrict this area to members who are 18 and older. While I'm sure some of our younger members have the emotional maturity required for this forum, this is something you're just going to have to put up with. Anyone requesting to join who is under 18 will have their request denied, no exceptions. You're more than welcome to join as soon as you turn 18 though.

To join the Mature RP user group you will need to do the following:
-Go to your User CP: http://www.lilymud.net/usercp.php and find the Group Memberships option. You can also access it directly at this link: http://www.lilymud.net/profile.php?do=editusergroups
-Submit a request to join the Mature user group by clicking the "Join Group" button.
-Once one of the RP Den staff members has a chance to process your request, you will be approved (assuming you're 18+) and you will be sent a notification via PM. This PM will also contain a link to the Guidelines for the new subforum which you need to read before posting or replying to any threads in there.
-Once your request has been approved, you will be able to view and post in the Mature RP subforum within the RP Den, listed after the 'Other Roleplay' section.

Sticking this for now...
Unread Jan 27th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Skylark
I see the light! It BURNS!!!

damn, five years to go before i can go in.

Thanks Blu_Wolf for my icon!

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."

Unread Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Cheetah_master
I am crazeh. :B

I need to be 7 years older to
No way, i love to RP violence, i addicted to it! I want to play it! XD
*is mature, un-emotional, bloody kid* I luv blood
But, i must be 18, and i'm 11! Damn it ... *see bloody animes and read yaois*
Must wait
Unread Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Ratha
Queen of the Nightmare Fuel

I'm already in xD This is rad. I can start an RP now with certain characters involved... and actually play them as they're supposed to act. (Well, except for in a few aspects.. Darkness, though a sadistic serial killer and sadist, is also a sex addict.. lol, can't do that here! )

But cool idea, I always saw that I was in the 'mature' listing and was like, huh? Mature what? I applied for it and never got to use it. Well, I can now! Thanks mods!

Unread Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM   #5
Catsa

crap!Must ...be... 8 ...years ...older...:p yesh, i'm ten.im a very mature kid like CM.Do i must wait?
Unread Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:56 PM   #6
IapetusCas
Black & White

Its 18 for a reason, its for more mature roleplays. although there are restrictions its 18 for a reason...why are people conplaining?.. you wouldnt let a 10 year old watch a 18 + film so why allow youngsters in a mature Rp forum.
Unread Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Flamingo

Ah, I must be two years older to join. Though I'm not a fan of violence or roleplay so I'm not complaining. xD But I agree, it doesn't matter how mature you are for your age, rules are rules. :3

EDIT: Oh wow, I just realized how old this sticky is....>.>
Unread Jun 24th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #8
Tigrin
Good for Health, Bad for Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah_master
But, i must be 18, and i'm 11! Damn it ... *see bloody animes and read yaois*

You're 11 and you're reading yaoi? That's kind of messed up, man. =\ Seriously, shame on your parents for not paying more attention to what you're doing on the Internet.

君の瞳世界映す鏡
いつも優しさを忘れずに
悲しい言葉胸に満ちても
眼差し強く星を見つめて
Unread Jun 24th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #9
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

M'yes, that sticky already is pretty old.

Well, it also wasn't exactly intended to be for posting here how long you gonna have to wait until you're able to access it. It isn't gonna help, so, I ask you to not post that in here, but just wait until you've reached the age required to join the Mature RP & then simply apply to it.

Besides that, like already pointed out, the Mature RP is not ment for pure bloody 'I <3 violence becus I r ebil'-threads, it is ment for roleplaying more mature subjects with writters of a matching standart. This may include violence & a more mature language, but it's not the main aim of the forum. Just thought, I might point that out.

I'll close that thread now. Thanks, for understanding.
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Closed Thread