The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussion > Personal Profiles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Sforzando

New Member Awkward Intro

Hi all! I finally joined the forum, after years of knowing/being involved with TLKFAA (seriously, I think I joined back in 2003/2004... maybe earlier... but I never got around to getting involved here). Anyway, here's a bit about me. I hope I can become pretty involved with this community

Hobbies: Horseback Riding, drawing, reading, writing, playing my flute
Music: Teddy Geiger, Journey, Tenth Avenue North, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, James Horner
Fave food: Probably... pizza but I like most Italian food
Fave colour: Purple
Fave tv show: Project Runway, The Office, That 70s Show
Fave books/author: Life of Pi, Harry Potter series, John Green (author)
Fave singer/group: Isn't that the same as the music question?
Fave actor/ actress: Adrien Brody
Personal statement:... Maybe I'll think of a good one later

So there you go, a bit about me.
Sforzando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Sadiki
sunshine daydream

Welcome to Lilymud!
I too enjoy Adrien Brody. Have you seen The Darjeeling Limited?
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #3
EndlessNight
blau und weiß wie lieb ich dich

Hello and welcome! Nice to have some more TLK old timers around.
Hope to see you upload something again there since your old stuff is great work. Creepy sea lion is awesome and not creepy at all.

-----
Ich bin als Schalker geboren,
Lebe als Schalker,
Und werde als Schalker sterben!!

Ameya "Kazamidori" Dobson 13/06/82-13/10/08 Always in my heart
EndlessNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Sassy

Hey you and welcome to Lily Mud! (a.k.a. Flower Dirt). Hope you like it here!

I love horseback riding too. Do you ride Western or English? I've always thought the lack of a horn on the English saddle was just too complicated, and I just couldn't keep my balance. And I love the flute! Were you in a band of some sort? A symphonic band, or marching band? I play trumpet in my highschool's band and I have been since eighth grade. I'm going into 11th now.

So, I can't wait to see you around and get to know you better. Hope your stay here is quite pleasant. :3
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Kryptid

Hello Sforzando, welcome to Lilymud ! I hope you end up liking this place (and your fellow members)!
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #6
Sforzando

Wow, I never imagined I would get such a warm welcome! Thanks all of you

To answer your questions...

Sadiki: No, I haven't seen that movie, but I'll have to look it up!
SableAntelope/EN: Thanks! I hope to start uploading a bit more, once I do some more TLK stuff.
Sassy: I ride English. It's funny, Western just seems so much harder, even though there is the saddle horn to hold onto, haha! I am in the band still actually, at my university. I do marching in the fall, and symphonic in the spring. And I'm a music major, so I do a lot of other music-y stuff too, haha!

Thanks again for the welcome, all of you! I think I will like it here
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #7
EndlessNight

A music major, awesome!! What is your concentration? My concentration when I was with the Royal Conservatory was the Baroque Sinfonia. Just baroque sinfonias. I used to know the sinfonia inside and out. Nice polite sinfonias, not like those trouble making fugues *shakes fist* *L*
I used to teach piano and composition/harmony/music history for a few years. Hated it. Would never do it again. :p
Have you gotten sucked into that yet? With the angry parents who don't get why their kid who doesn't practice never seems to improve. It's not rocket science....

I did really like helping out with my university band and the little grade 5 kids' band though. And a short stint as a player with our local opera society. Neat, off the track little oppertunities like that I love!

Do you play piccolo along with flute? I played flute and piccolo and then switched to french horn. Which was a random instrument change just because we had no horn players at all. Much prefer the flute though.
I've been trying to get my hands on a wooden Irish flute. I think they're usually in D.

-----
Lebe als Schalker,

Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #8
Sforzando

I'm actually music ed. It's a lot of fun so far (I'm about to be a junior!) but I haven't done much teaching yet. I'm working at the junior high band camp this summer though, as a masterclass co-teacher, so that should be some good experience.

I do play the piccolo, since we don't march flutes. I love the flute, but I don't feel like I'm that great of a player. I had a really bad start and my parents never thought I needed private lessons, so now I've got all kinds of little random problems that most of my peers got taken care of long ago. I can see myself improving though, so I suppose that's good.
French horn is such a beautiful instrument. Funny story, back in 7th grade when I was completely terrible at flute, my directors tried to get me to switch to French horn! So maybe it's not that uncommon of a switch? Haha...
Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #9
EndlessNight

*LOL* Oh well I guess you must have a lot of more patience and understanding than I ever had. (I never did have much...)
And I guess there's some sort of French horn-flute conspiracy going on.

I've never played in a marching band, my high school didn't have one and neither did my university. I don't think they're quite so big here as in the US and other nations. We have pipe and drum bands in their stead I think.

-----
Lebe als Schalker,

Unread Jun 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #10
Sforzando

Haha, yeah, I'm a fairly patient person, after growing up with three younger sisters, haha!

Ah, I see. I love marching band. It's just much more exciting and fun than symphonic band (in my opinion). I think it's just because I like to run around outside and get into football games for free, heheh... I don't think I've ever heard of pipe and drum bands, but that sounds pretty cool.