The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 03:50 PM   #1
kazamidori

Hmm.... overall effect... and such..

its blue heaven as a torch singer.. singing.. "bue heaven"..*L*

when the whip-o-wisp calls.. and the evening is fine..i hurry to my... blue..heaven

hmm..

i think i'm a good artist..but i'm not great..

i want people to see my pictures and be like woah!..

i know some of that will be getting better at anatomy,

but..its also overall effect..

so..can anyone give me any advice?..

i'm not sure anything specific right now..but..just what comes to mind.....

*i know the wieght on the arms looks a lil off..and the angle of the tail..*
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #2
Champawat
Maneater Extraordinaire

I'm not sure... all I can think of is maybe smear the lines more, like the regular lines like the dress and all. I never heard of that being correct or anything, but I smear everything and find that it works
Or at least I think it does...
And maybe like make the strands of hair more visible on the skin, (with smudging again...)
I dunno. I'm no good at anthros or humans anyway.
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #3
Clear Silence
do I love Leo <3

O.O!! Very spiffy n.n SHe looks seductive....

Only thing I would suggest is maybe going into more detail with a backround, but I know thats the least of everyon's worries
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #4
Nadira
A Dragonball Z franantic

Personally I think the picture is really good - I myself is learnign human atomany and I'm learnign at the moment in the area of clothes.

The way the character in the picture is posed (looking at the screen directly) the left side of the dress where the breast is it should be a little crinkled where the strap goes down.
I've copped the part of the picture I mean cause I can't explan it. Sorry.

I've also drawn a stupid small copy of what I mean. I can't explan it anyother way. So I don't know if I've acculey helped or I've juts made no sence what so ever.

No your real name: Danielle Nadine Anderson

DoB: 3rd of December 1987

List 5 Likes: TLK, Neopets, Harry Potter, Dragonball Z, and Tom Felton ^^

Art Archive: My Art Archive

Words of Wisdom/Quotes: Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - Never tickle a sleeping dragon (Harry Potter)

Goku (DBZ, In the Frieza Saga - after Goku went SSJ he said this to Frieza) - Ally to good, nightmare to you!

Goku (DBZ, in the 10th Anniversary Special - To Goku Jr.): I am your great, great, great...how many greats would that be?

By Magical Obizuth

Draco Glared at ron, "Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles and more children than they can afford." Draco turned back to Harry.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He held out his hand.
Nadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 05:08 PM   #5
Alai Tallon
Friendly Black Lion

Location: Nugget Town, one of the most redneck mountain towns in Georgia
I really like how the hair turned out, 'tis muy bien. But I agree about maybe working on the background (I can't really tell what all's back there) but other than that, the overall effect is well done. I can't say anything about anatomy, though, since I'm just getting the hang of it myself. I'd get into itty bitty little details that don't matter much, but since you recommended against them, I won't. Good job.

PLEASE COMMISSION ME!
Quote(s) of the this point in time:
"Look at Kristin! She got excommunicated from the Amish community for building a computer out of corn husks!" - Benji, on why I would make a bad Amish person

Tallon's current mood just so happens to be: The current mood of alai_tallon at www.imood.com And with good reason, too.
Alai Tallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 05:23 PM   #6
Sabrea

I don't know beans about anatomy when it comes to that kind of subject, but I do know that sometimes you may tend to go overboard on highlights. Try to keep your light source in mind. Really strong highlights should be reserved for the features you want to bring out the most and those parts closest to the light source.

And be careful with the smudge tool. Too much smudging makes things blurry and distorts the color.
Sabrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 05:28 PM   #7
kazamidori

yeah..over the top high-lights is part of my cg style..i'm not looking to change...

you're really right about the smudge on the outline....

,,my lines looks so choppy otherwise though..i was thinking about that today...

hmm.... and the wrinkle too....nadira,.... im not good at clothes..*L*..

about the bg..its actually a lot more detialed but i lowered the opacity on the backround detials..*L*..maybe i'll un lower it
Unread Feb 26th, 2002, 10:12 AM   #8
EndlessNight
blau und weiß wie lieb ich dich

Yeah few stray strands of hair might have added one more touch of realism. Maybe use the ol airbrush smudge layer, you know.

Yeah super crazy mad bank hilights, eep that might be partly my fault for showing you that when you were first learning. Since I'm quite guilty of that *is working on it herself*

Hmm the dress fabric does look stiff but I remember when you and I and Christina went to Junk and Foibles and she tried on that 1930-1940 sequinded dress. It was like armour *LOL*

But with that stuff said I think this is one of your best works. I really like how you gave her the high cheek bones. and the sequin shinies...nifty...

*can't see any backgound much at all because of idiotic dark monitor*L*

-----
Ich bin als Schalker geboren,
Lebe als Schalker,
Und werde als Schalker sterben!!

Ameya "Kazamidori" Dobson 13/06/82-13/10/08 Always in my heart
EndlessNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 5th, 2002, 08:58 PM   #9
kazamidori

yay~!..

sabrea you know what?.. i working on cutting down my smudging and its starting to come together really well.. you were totally right.... *of course.*..~!~!

*grins*