The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 12:56 AM   #1
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Hmm, well, I'd love to get opinions!

Well, well, as most of you know I'm not very good in drawing humans, but still I do my best & always try to get a bit better in them! So, yeah, just thought I may post a lil' picy here & ask for your honest opinion on it!
What'd bad, what's good, what should I change, what should I keep?! I'd love getting some opinions!
So, here's my char, Marley!
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 07:42 AM   #2
Lady Stardust
two fierce drag queens go round the outside..

Well..most of it is brilliant, Wolvy!! The face and the proportions are perfect as far as I can see!! Well done!!

There are just a couple of little things that mabye need to be fixed..I'm no expert in drawing humans so I might be wrong..*L*...his shoulders are just a little too high..and the faraway shoulder, you can't really see it, the one nearest to us is a bit too rounded..I've drawn below how they could sit. Also his legs, the are just a tad too thin and the bent one is just a bit out of shape, you also need to widen the calf/shin part of the leg a bit.

Hope that helps..I've drawn a little diagram as I said..but your humans have really improved!! *hug*

|words|art|more art|

...in one instant, in a spiritual breaking of the clouds, Ziggy was born. He hung on the stars and gestured with infinite grace and precision. He breathed the cool winds and caressed divinity as if it were his lover. And then he wove his web of poetry and beckoned from the skies to the children. And the children heard, and the children came. In their thousands they came and listened. And in his words they found life and hope. Manifested in Ziggy’s songs they perceived the true depth of the meaning of the word ‘truth’. And so they demanded more and more, until they tapped the very source of this fragile creature and sucked out his energy, channeling it through the crowds to reach the hysteria. Demanding more and more... until finally the truth had become like shattered fragments of glass, and his soul had been ravaged. And there was nothing left to mark his passing except tiny grains of stardust which were swept up by the wind and sprinkled into the coloured hair of children all across the planet Earth...

Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 08:06 AM   #3
Pegasuss
forgot what she was saying... again.

I'm no expert, and your humans rock, there's just two things I've noticed inall your human drawings-

1. The forehead isn't large enough. The hairline starts right abouve the eyes in the pic, in RL, the eyes are in the middle of the head.
2. The ears are slightly too high. They should be about in line with the eyes.

Other than that and what Sita said, it's wonderful I need to work on my humans too...
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 08:10 AM   #4
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Ehhh! Thankies a bunch, Sita! *huggles & snuggles*
Yeah, I know, I kinda get the bodies to be, well, rubber-like! Sometimes too round & stuff, like they'd have no bones! *lol* Poor people! Now I'm finally able to draw faces but always mess with the bodies! *arg* :p
Anyways, thankies a bunch for the help & /of course/ for the great diagram! It's really just more then helpfull, girl! *nods heavilly* Just hope I'll be able to get some of it in my art & stopp the rubber-bones!
I totally see what's wrong now, the shoulders're much too round & acctually he really hasn't one on one side! :p . . . & the legs kinda look like having no knees don't they?! :lol
Wow, you really know how to draw a human body, girl! He looks so much better after your changes! Hmmm, guess I'll now go & try it out again! Thankies SO much, Sita! *huggles & snuggles her buddy*
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 08:11 AM   #5
Pegasuss
forgot what she was saying... again.

Maybe this will clarify better-

Oops! Diddn't see ya reply.
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 08:12 AM   #6
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Woops, didn't see Pegs replay, coming!
Yeah, you're right! These 2're my worst mistakes, the eyes kinda seem tobe stuck on the forhead or something & the ear also're lot too high! *arg* I'm already working on it hardly, hope to get it all fixed soon!
Thankies a bunch to you as well, Pegs . . . & for the great picy! Now I /see/ what's wrong! I always thought it, but never really saw it! Thanks a bunch, girl! *clings & hugs*
Commissions

Last edited by Dodger : Mar 11th, 2002 at 08:17 AM.
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 08:26 AM   #7
Lady Stardust

Glad I could help, gal!! *hugback*

You are really improving though with every pic..and mine are far from perfect..but you did a really good job on your pic!! I always draw the heads out of proportion with the bodies..*L*

|words|art|more art|

...in one instant, in a spiritual breaking of the clouds, Ziggy was born. He hung on the stars and gestured with infinite grace and precision. He breathed the cool winds and caressed divinity as if it were his lover. And then he wove his web of poetry and beckoned from the skies to the children. And the children heard, and the children came. In their thousands they came and listened. And in his words they found life and hope. Manifested in Ziggy’s songs they perceived the true depth of the meaning of the word ‘truth’. And so they demanded more and more, until they tapped the very source of this fragile creature and sucked out his energy, channeling it through the crowds to reach the hysteria. Demanding more and more... until finally the truth had become like shattered fragments of glass, and his soul had been ravaged. And there was nothing left to mark his passing except tiny grains of stardust which were swept up by the wind and sprinkled into the coloured hair of children all across the planet Earth...

Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 09:02 AM   #8
EndlessNight
blau und wei wie lieb ich dich

Ohh everyone beat me to the punch on the anatomy part. (excellent work on the overdraw Sita btw!)

But Wolvy I just wanted to tell you that you have a great overall human there. Like natural looking pose and expression. I think your hands could stand to be a touch larger but the hands themselves are wuite nice.

Very good work.
=0)

-----
Ich bin als Schalker geboren,
Lebe als Schalker,
Und werde als Schalker sterben!!

Ameya "Kazamidori" Dobson 13/06/82-13/10/08 Always in my heart
EndlessNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 09:58 AM   #9
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Ehhh, thankies a bunch for the big compliment again, Sita! *hugs* But you're also always getting better with every pic you do, honestly! . . . & your human picys really rock! Love the one of Ford & Zaphod riding thos animal-thingies you did!
Yeah, Sita really did a great job in the overdrawing! It's really more then helpful! *nods heavilly*
Wheee, thankies for the nice words EN! *blushes* I tried hard to get better on the expressions, poses & stuff! Took me ages since I was able to draw a acceptable hand *lol* They're really hard to do, but yeah, he kinda got girl-hands, hasn't he?! *g*
Thanks a bunch to you as well! *hugs*

OK, I'll do another pic tomorrow, using all the great tips you gave me & then I'll also post it in here!
Commissions
Unread Mar 11th, 2002, 11:35 AM   #10
Lady Stardust

*blushes* Thanks EN!

And again..it was no problem!! I'm glad I helped!! *hug*

|words|art|more art|