The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussion > Personal Profiles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Jan 19th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Rawr
Free Yourself.

Unhappy Dad Problems

well here's the problem. my father is a huge d!ck and all he does is boss me and my mom around we recently got a male dog and I found out we gotta potty train it so here's me trying to teach him my dad trys to help gives up and says were bringing him to the pound my face dropped and I was shocked when he said that. but tomorrow the dog is going and I need some advice for the future how to stand up to him in a mature adult way to make him clam down. and the sad thing about it is I have never went 24 hours without being stressed

Last edited by Rawr : Jan 19th, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 19th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Dyani
Reach For The Light

When your parents are little more than overgrown children, it can be difficult to actually act mature around them as they are convinced that they are the adults thus they are the mature ones.

Your poor dog will be one of many this holiday season - it becomes less of a gift and more like a hindrance as it loses its adorable puppy ways. People like your dad piss me off because they are not willing to put in the time, effort and patience with keeping a pet dog. Getting a pet, any pet, involves an adult responsiblity and just because someone is old doesn't mean they are an adult.

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
"If Grace is there with you - look in her memories - she can show you the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother, and they're gonna do the same thing here"
"Earthworms can live on the planet without people. We cannot live on the planet without earthworms thus from an ecological point of view, earthworms are more important than people."
Dyani's TLKFAA Page | Email Dyani Aim = DyaniSpork
Dyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 19th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Kryptid

One thing you can do is wait until some time when he's actually feeling calm. Try to talk to him after he's eaten, so that he won't have hunger bothering him. Hunger makes my dad really irritable. Try to hold off if he's been having problems at work or with friends. Then bring your mom with you. Ask him if the three of you can have a discussion. Then both of you need to voice your concerns to him. Make sure that you keep your tone calm and free of anger, even if the subject at hand makes you angry. Stay reserved even if he begins to get angry. You need to show him that you are able to control yourself, so that perhaps he can learn from your example.
Unread Jan 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Zentina
Boopadoop

Potty training a dog takes time and effort. It doesn't happen over night. Unlike a child, a dog can't really understand human language as well.
It seems like he isn't understanding that himself.

I'm sorry I can't give much help on this, I haven't had too many problems like this so it's hard to give you direct advice.
I just hope it works out in the end for you and that you do get to keep your dog. I'm hoping for you!

| DA | Weasyl | TLK |
|. Tumblr . |
Zentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Drago
Since 2006!

-update : her dog is gone-
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 20th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Rawr
Free Yourself.

walking in the pound hurt me.. my dog knew it was the end I let go of his collar he stopped and didn't look up or behide he ran when they called his name and ran into in that door. and then he was gone. I will never see him again. I will never love my father again so now I guess 2 years and now 3 years I will be hatin' my dad.
Unread Jan 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Dyani
Reach For The Light

When parents are childish idiots, you can't hate them.. its like hating a Downs adult, they can't help that and there isn't a way to change it.
You are 14, and although you may think you're old, you ain't. To say you'll hate your dad forever sounds really immature and this will not combat your dad's childishness. Hate is such a normal word nowadays its lost all its meaning. Anyway, you'll only dislike him until time passes and you forget the hurt and believe me, time does heal over small hurts especially when there are much worse hurts in the future.
Besides, it was not an end for your dog, he isn't being put down. He will simply find a better owner (than your dad I mean).

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
"If Grace is there with you - look in her memories - she can show you the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother, and they're gonna do the same thing here"
"Earthworms can live on the planet without people. We cannot live on the planet without earthworms thus from an ecological point of view, earthworms are more important than people."
Dyani's TLKFAA Page | Email Dyani Aim = DyaniSpork
Dyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jan 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Rawr
Free Yourself.

Yeah I guess I'm still shocked so bad thanks for every thing guys it helped me but if you knew what I been threw even you guys would not forgive him