The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Mar 17th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #1
TheSpazKitty

The Pridelands Chronicles MUCK

It is the end of an era. The evil tyrant Scar has been overthrown, and the dry season has passed. The Pridelands are once again a rich paradise, and King Simba and Queen Nala have begun their rightful rule in a time of peace - with cubs on the way. The Circle of Life is complete once more.

However, not all is perfect under the sun. Beyond the northern borders, the shadowy places look more menacing than ever. The Graveyard hyenas have lost their reign over the lush Pridelands, betrayed by their former ally, and they've got a bone to pick with Simba. And with the death of Scar, a new queen has risen among the ranks of his followers who were banished to the barren Outlands with only one thing on her mind - revenge.

Following the majesty of the original film, The PrideLands Chronicles MUCK begins where The Lion King left off, allowing for an open slate for the continuation of the stories and characters of the Pridelands. Will Zira succeed in her vengeful mission, or is Kovu destined to fall in love with Kiara? Will you play a happy Pridelands cub, a disgruntled hyena, or perhaps even one of the original movie characters? The choice is yours!

We still have a few of your favorite Feature Characters open, including Sarabi, Sarafina, Afua, Chumvi, Tama, and Tojo -- and original (and other book/comic) characters are always welcome! If you might be interested in a TLK-themed MUCK, we encourage you to visit us and check things out!

Forums: http://alionkingmuck.proboards.com/
Address: 74.52.6.122 port 1994

Last edited by TheSpazKitty : Jul 28th, 2010 at 05:01 AM.
TheSpazKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Flamingo

Man, it's been forever since I've been on a MUCK. This looks pretty interesting- I made an account on the forum, and once I get my computer fixed I'll give this a shot. c:
Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #3
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavu Sungura
Man, it's been forever since I've been on a MUCK. This looks pretty interesting- I made an account on the forum, and once I get my computer fixed I'll give this a shot. c:

We'd love to have you! Hope to see you around soon. :3
Unread Mar 17th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #4
Kryptid

I'd kinda like to get involved, but I'd rather be fairly certain that it will be active first. Last time I joined a MUCK, I only managed to have a short chat with one person.
Unread Mar 18th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #5
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptid
I'd kinda like to get involved, but I'd rather be fairly certain that it will be active first. Last time I joined a MUCK, I only managed to have a short chat with one person.

I can certainly understand that. But I hope you'll keep an eye on the forums and maybe peek around in a couple weeks, after we've cleared all our opening dust away and (hopefully) have a pretty good starting playerbase. :3
Unread Mar 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Dyani
Reach For The Light

I'm quite interested in this also. I'll sign up as Vitani (take it as a username too), is that ok?

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
"If Grace is there with you - look in her memories - she can show you the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother, and they're gonna do the same thing here"
"Earthworms can live on the planet without people. We cannot live on the planet without earthworms thus from an ecological point of view, earthworms are more important than people."
Dyani's TLKFAA Page | Email Dyani Aim = DyaniSpork

Last edited by Dyani : Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Dyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #7
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyani
I'm quite interested in this also. I'll sign up as Vitani (take it as a username too), is that ok?

To play Vitani on the MUCK, you'll actually have to apply for her, since she's a film character. I sent you a PM on the boards regarding this. :3
Unread Mar 19th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #8
takashari
Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.

ooo, a new TLK Muck. I'll have to dig out my old characters and join up. ^-^
takashari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Mar 20th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #9
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by takashari
ooo, a new TLK Muck. I'll have to dig out my old characters and join up. ^-^

Takashari! I remember you! It'd be great to see you around again. :3
Unread Mar 24th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #10
Kryptid

What client would you suggest we use?
Unread Mar 25th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #11
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
What client would you suggest we use?

I personally use MuckClient, but I've also used SimpleMU a good deal, and MushClient is another popular one...there are others beyond those, of course, but those are the three that usually get mentioned. :3
Unread Mar 25th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Kryptid

Are you in need of characters of any particular species? I already have both lion and hyena characters which I could play as, but I could make a character of another species if it would fit better.
Unread Mar 26th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #13
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
Are you in need of characters of any particular species? I already have both lion and hyena characters which I could play as, but I could make a character of another species if it would fit better.

We definitely need more Graveyard hyenas! I'd highly suggest requesting one of those as one of your starting characters -- either male or female would be welcome. Otherwise, if you'd want to play a leonine, the Outlanders could use a couple more adolescent/adult lionesses, though you'd of course be welcome to join whichever pride (or none at all) you'd like. :3 But, we are more in need of hyenas, overall (there are only about 20 hyenas so far, but almost 50 lions already x.x).

Last edited by TheSpazKitty : Sep 20th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Unread Mar 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #14
Kryptid

So, if I want to make a character, do I just make a thread about them in the character bios forum or what?
Unread Mar 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #15
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
So, if I want to make a character, do I just make a thread about them in the character bios forum or what?

Connect to the MUCK itself -- either by clicking this link, or using a client to connect to the address 74.52.6.122 and port 1994 -- then, after you've typed 'connect guest guest', you can @request to get a character set-up.
Unread Apr 13th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #16
TheSpazKitty

We have 100 characters so far, and our cast is nearly complete -- but there are still a few canon characters still available, including Sarabi, Sarafina, Afua, Chumvi, Tama, and Tojo -- so if anyone's interested in applying for any of these characters, be sure to check out this board for information! :3

Last edited by TheSpazKitty : Jul 28th, 2010 at 05:01 AM.
Unread May 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #17
TheSpazKitty

Just an update -- Kiara is currently in need of an active roleplayer! If you might be interested in applying for her (or any other character), please visit this thread for information!

Edit: Kiara has been cast, but we welcome other applications for FCs at any time!

Last edited by TheSpazKitty : Sep 21st, 2010 at 04:01 PM.
Unread Sep 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #18
TheSpazKitty

Another update -- Kovu is currently in need of an active roleplayer! If you might be interested in applying for him (or any other canon character), please visit this thread for information!

Even if you've never MUCKed before, as long as you're interested in quality RP we'd be happy to help you learn the ropes! Just click this link, type 'connect guest guest', then 'guest Hello!' to get started! (Or, if that doesn't work, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you out!)

Last edited by TheSpazKitty : Sep 20th, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Unread Sep 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM   #19
Shatara
Enigmatic Wanderer / Vitani-holic

I seem to recall having made a character here some time ago, though I didn't really use her. That I have you on AIM seems to support this :p May or may not have ben named 'Matone'...

...What would the chances of getting Shatty here in the game?
Shatara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Sep 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM   #20
TheSpazKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatara
I seem to recall having made a character here some time ago, though I didn't really use her. That I have you on AIM seems to support this :p May or may not have ben named 'Matone'...

...What would the chances of getting Shatty here in the game?

Any OCs are more than welcome! :3 We're just specifically looking for a Kovu at the moment -- but original characters are always welcome to join at any time.