The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Christian

Talking Fursona test

hi

im trying to make a fursona but im not very good at ideas of orignal chars.

i made this one (its pending aproval) but now lokking at it agen i dont think i like it

then i made this one but its up in the trading tree, im wanting to adobt but the person isnt replying and does accept the pic i sent

i want to get better at making my own chars

Last edited by Christian : Apr 16th, 2011 at 07:51 AM.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Christian

the second pic aint showing up.. ima try fix that
*fixed*
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #3
Aikachi
Z.E.A.M. ~ Zaney Enslaved Artist Monkey

Just a tip c: The link you provided for your first picture no longer works, since the files have different names while they're in the uploading queue until they are approved and they use the filename you specified. The archive also goes down sometimes more often than we'd like, so it is not a reliable place to link photos from regularly. I'd recommend uploading your drawings to photobucket if you're going to link them in the forum, then we'll all be able to see them c:

Designing original characters is a very fun part of being an artist, I remember designing my own fursona, I had the hardest time figuring out what colors to use C: You don't have to use anyone else's drawings as a template, including Disney, if you don't feel like it, and you can use whatever colors or patterns that you find that YOU like in a character C: You can make it as plain or as ornamental as you like, the only opinion that matters is your own ^^

The character you're trying to adopt is lovely, I love the way you've drawn her. Your art style is very neat and clean, and yet it conveys a lot C: Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing your finished fursona in the future!

Signature by Gemxx, thanks <3
Aikachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Christian

yea i changed the link to photobucket cuz i thought maybe it was cuz of the archive being down, thanks for the adivce ill upload from photobucket more now.

i want a rly cool character, the char i made up there looks to girly lol
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Aikachi
Z.E.A.M. ~ Zaney Enslaved Artist Monkey

I think the picture you've posted is plenty cool c:

Keep trying until you find a design that you like, a lot of people view their fursona designing process as a journey of self discovery. There are a lot of people on the archive that will change their design as often as every other month if they feel the old design didn't suit their personality very well c: There are also many artists that have been on the archive for years, but have decided after five or six, maybe more years that they are not the same person that they were when they first joined, and will redesign. Just keep trying until you find one that sings to you C:

Signature by Gemxx, thanks <3
Aikachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Christian

thats a really good idea ive been plahing aorund a lot, but i cant yet find stuff i like for fursona, i dont think im very creative yet, i need more drawing time
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #7
Christian

I made this Nala that im rly proud of well mostly just the face, and some pose, i dont like her legs i am not good at drawing how the legs are but im practicing a lot i just dont post my practice pix
but i like this one cuz nala is my fav char and i think her face looks pretty with tha flower
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Koudoawaia
Storm Dragoness

Love your style^^ It's really cute. I like the pose you drew Nala in too.
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #9
Christian

thank you so much!
Unread Apr 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Acid
...rawr...

You're off to a good start, your character is nice and not over-complicated -- that's a mistake that many people make. I recommend that you make your own fursona instead of adopting one off the TT, the character you want to adopt is quite nice, though, and would make a good normal character. This is just my opinion, though ^^

Another strategy people use is animal-izing themselves to make their fursona, so you could always give that a try.

Also, remember that your fursona doesn't have to be a lion! If you think another on-topic character represents you better, go with that one (I have a gazelle fursona myself)

About your Nala picture, I love it! It's great that you're trying different poses and angles, that really is the way to get better. If you're not happy with the legs, I recommend looking at photo-references, they're really the best way to learn

Anyway, you're off to a great start! Keep it up!