The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Community > The Roleplay Den > Sci-Fi Roleplay
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:05 PM   #1
SergeAnei
Experiencing a blackout from Stump highnotes*

For Better Or Worse (Private w/ Tigery)

OOC: Whoa, goodness it's been a long time since I've been here...alright. Here: during one of our mighty and intense roleplays, Tigery and I decided that we would share something absolutely wonderful with you guys. After some thought and about 5 minutes of planning, we thought we'd put together an X-Men roleplay since first class inspired us.

It's set in the second movie when P.X. (Professor Xavier) was still rolling the earth a mighty as ever. We hope you enjoy.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

"This is gonna be cool. So cool. have you been here? If you haven't, its still gonna be so cool. SO COOL!"

Peyton watched as the kid next to her bounced in his seat, gripping the top of the jetplane seat in front of him, "Maybe you should calm down..uh..."

"Chis!" he exclaimed, turning to her with a huge smile. "My name is Chis Hilte. Jumping is my trade, sweetheart."

Peyton nodded, still giving him a weird look, "Well, Chris, you need to cool it..."

He scoffed at her, leg bouncing with jittery excitement. Ruffling his strawberry blonde curls and looking over her, suddenly more interested, "You never said your name, by the way," he looked her over with his bright, sea-green eyes, "and what's your mastery?"

She looked him over again, leaning back against the window, "Peyton Serge and I'm a copy cat."

The kid raised his brows, his smile growing bigger, "So like..you can just copy's people's powers? That is SO. COOL..." he paused, looking away to think, "so how long does it last?"

She shrugged, "Dunno. Depends, I guess..."

Chris shook his head in amazement, starting to bounce around, "So cool...sitting next to someone cool who does cool things, is pretty hot and goingto a school full of cool people! SO COOL."

Peyton had the mind to knock this kid out and let him sit there until they got to the castle, but she was given specific orders not to be so rough with this bunch...she gave him a long, sideways glance, her honey brown eyes shimmering with interest and somewhere in there, annoyance. Why this group? They didn't seem so lively...

She shook out her short, choppy black hair and leaned back towards the window, blocking out the kid next to her with a little bit of first cycle meditation. Maybe it'll be a little clearer when they land.

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
SergeAnei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam layed on her seat, listening to the people behind her. The over excited puppy dog was telling his less excited companion about how Cool everything was. It was interesting to be a copy cat though. She wondered if the girl could only copy one at a time, combine them, or it was a recent thing. Could she remember old powers and use them? What use was it to have two people doing the same exact thing? Her blue eyes glanced to the boy sitting across the way. Tall, muscular, buzz cut brown hair, and a very uninteresting white shirt with jeans. He had been staring out the window quietly the whole time.

"Hey.." She mumbled and He slowly turned to look at her. A colorful Vneck with a white cammy benith, cute blue shorts, and matching colored flipflops. Nodding back, he looked back out the window and she rolled her eyes. There goes that conversation. Instead, she sat up and began to eves drop on the two behind her. Maybe this Chris kid would invite her in. She had a
plan for this other boy though. He needed to come out of his shell or it was going to be a long ride through this school.

By strapping this puppy to my head.. I will never be shot! My enimies shall live in fear of hitting my taped furry companion..

My DA
Tigery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:15 PM   #3
SergeAnei

Peyton just watched as he talked and let his tongue trip over itself for about a minute before putting her hand over his mouth. He looked down at her and she gave him a smirk, holding up two fingers, "Two things: one, I am now a jumper, two, shut up."

Chris slumped in his seat, pouting with his hands crossed heavily over his chest, "You know, the first friend I make was supposed to be someone all excited and stuff. Why aren't you all hyped?"

"This is a boarding school, a high school boarding school. I'm a junior."

Chris' face started lighting up again, perking up out of his seat, "Upperclassman....awesome."

She just shook her head at him and vanished from her seat to the seat empty seat in front of her next to a girl who seemed to be just an uninterested in the flight as she was. The kid behind them made some sort of squeal when she jumped seats and looked over the top at Peyton, "Cool..."

Peyton pushed him back over the seat and nudged the girl next to her, trying to make conversation, "Hey."

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam pulled her arm away from Peyton as she nudged her, quickly catching on to this copy cat thing. "Hi.." She nodded slowly back. "Sam." She smiled, not sliping a last name she cared for, and keeping her hands to herself. "Please dont touch me.. thats really weird." She switched forms to a small cat and swiftfully jumped to the seat next to the quiet boy. "No offense.." She changed back to human form and stared back at the girl. "I hope you understand." Making friends wasnt on her to do list but enemies wasnt either. The boy beside her scrunched uncomfotably away from her. "You look like you dont want to be here.." She looked over her shoulder at him and he shrugged.

"Maybe I dont.." He mumbled and she narrowed her brows at him. How could anyone not Want to be here? It was a choice to come anyways.

"Why come if you dont want to be here anyways?" He glanced back to her then looked away again.

"It wasnt my desicion." Her jaw dropped slightly. This kid was ethier really rude or one of the select Xavier himself had convinced to join them. Sure, just about all of these kids had been found by Xavier and told to come, but only some of them needed extra convincing.

By strapping this puppy to my head.. I will never be shot! My enimies shall live in fear of hitting my taped furry companion..

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM   #5
SergeAnei

Peyton nodded, leaning back in her seat,. while her lip started to curl back into a short tempered snarl, "You just turned into a cat, and I'm weird? By the way, kitty cat, saying no offense won't change how you just offended me."

Peyton poofed off the plane in a cloud of purple wisps, leaving the three, a stewartist and the pilots behind to all get to know each other. The actual jumper watched the exchange between the two and scoffed through a laugh, clawing at the air, "Me. Ow," he mumbled, moving over a seat to watch the ground below roll by.

So maybe all of this wasn't going to be so great, school wasn't really a matter but the people here are really starting to suck. First this upperclass chick gets all funny and the crazy cat lady thinks it weird to copy over a power when she escaped the copier's clutches by leaping away as a cat. At least he could say that it would be super interesting.

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam glanced back to Peyton as she spoke. What ever. She knew that no offense wasnt a take back but at least it was better then flat out offending someone. Saying No Offense simply ment that "im insulting you but not intending to" She turned back to the boy and held out her hand. "Sam.." She mumbled and he stared at her.

"Max.." He didnt shake her hand but looked back out the window. She sighed,
moving back to her first seat, and stared over at him.

"So whats your damage? What can you do Max." She pronounced his name clearly and he slowly looked back to her.

"Its nothing interesting like being anywhere I want, anything I want, or being any animal at will.." Why cant people just say what they mean? be straight forward.

"Alright. I get it.." She sighed, giving up on talking to him, and
looked back out the window. Max sighed and slowly looked over to her.

"I'm sorry.." He held his hand out towards her, "I'm just not as comfotable in my own skin as you guys are.." She stared at him for a moment before shaking his hand. Selfishness filled her, realizing that there were some mutants out there who didnt feel safe admiting to their powers.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM   #7
SergeAnei

Peyton poofed back into the cabin a few moments later, looking rather tee-offed and impatient. She stood up, gathering everyone's attention and began to speak, "I've been told to get this plane here faster since, apparently, the pilot was late and as are we, so I'm going to jump this plane to the school. If you have a problem with that, I can take you to the school itself before taking the entire plane, otherwise, you all need to hold on to this thing."

Chris shook his head, laughing in disbelief, "No way, you just copied over my power like...ten minutes ago! There's no way you can jump something this big."

Crossing over her arms, she looked at him challengingly, "Okay, pretty boy, you wanna do it? Professor X told me get to your new-bait arses to the school ASAP and since I've copied you, and practiced with jumpers at school, I could get this thing, and all of you in it, there more efficiently than you can."

Chris crossed his arms, shaking his head, "Bull. Crap. If I can't jump it, you can't jump it."

She shook her head, grabbing on to the railing above head, "Anyone want to be taken now should speak up before we go."

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

No one said anything. Sam stared at peyton in slight annoyance. They all had powers, no need to show off now. She knew there was no room for her to speak up though. She had willingly changed to a cat to jump away from peyton instead of simply asking the chick not to touch her. Max slowly looked up and grabbed the seat infront of him. "Just do it easy.. I've dont have the stomach for planes.." Sam stared at him in shock. He was a pretty strong kid, it wasnt everyday someone like him admited to geting "plane sick." She flipped her short cut blone hair to one side slightly as she looked back to Peyton.

"Yeah. I'd like to see you prove cocky here wrong.." She nodded over her shoulder to Chris and smiled.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:26 PM   #9
SergeAnei

Peyton signaled to the stewartist to tell the pilot what was going on. When the girl returned from the cockpit, she gave the thumbs up and took her seat at the end of the plane. Peyton took a deep breath, looking around the cabin once more before a smirk splashed its way across her face, "Here we go."

Internally, she pulled the people first, locating all the bodies in the craft then grabbed the plane itself, pushing everyone through time and space, closer and closer to the school. They appear, the jet staggering a little as the pilot regained his bearing to turn the plane around and land. Though a little winded, Peyton maintained composure, leaning into her own weight on the railing she held on to, "Newbies, I welcome you to the school."

Chris' jaw hung open, staring at Peyton through the entire landing sequence. She sat next to him with a smug look on her face, strapping in for the wheels to touch down, "Told you I could," she scoffed.

Chris grabbed her hand and put it to his forehead, knocking his head against it, "Oh Jump Goddess, please teach me your waaaayyyss...."

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:29 PM   #10
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam smiled, glancing back to Chris to catch a glimps of his impressed face. Max was leaning forward, resting his head on the chair infont of him. He narrowed his eyes and glanced to Peyton. Sam had thought it had gone smoothly, but maybe Max had never been jumped before. With a deep breath, he sat back up and stared out the window. Blinking a couple times, to catch up with the change in sight, he unbuckled his chair as the plane began to land. Sam sat up, never acutaly bothering to buckle her own, and glanced expectingly for Peyton to say something to Max. Maybe a sorry or some sort of witty comment, it just felt like one of those moments. He let his breath go slowly, rubbing the back of his neck, and glanced over to Sam. She looked away, pretending she hadnt noticed him.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM   #11
SergeAnei

As the plane touched down, the Stewartist let everyone out, Chris was the first to go, jumping straight from his seat out on to the lawn to run around and roll in the greens. Peyton stood as the girl, Sam, left her seat. She gave her a small nod and looked back to the boy who was the first to say something about the jump. She leaned over with her hands behind her back before he could accuse her of attempting to steal his power and gave him a reassuring smile, "You look a little shaken up there, kid. You alright?"

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:32 PM   #12
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

"I'll be good.." He slowly stood up, nodding for peyton to lead the way off. Sam, on the other hand, bounced off the plane in slight joy as well. Not as intense as the Puppy but still pretty excited to be here. Her eyes settled on Professer X immediatly in his no metal wheel chair. He was already waiting with a few mutants beside him, ready to greet the newcommers. Max stepped off the plane and spotted Prof. X right away as well. He looked to the ground and raised his brows in expression to say "great." Oddly enough, he walked beside Sam to stand with the group. She seemed like she had interest to be a friend and he needed at least one to survive here.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:34 PM   #13
SergeAnei

Peyton collected up Chris and scooted him over with the newcomers, nodding off to the Professor, "How's it, P.X.?"

"Just fine," he nodded, motioning off to the people and the jet unscathed on the lawn, "Nice work, there."

Peyton puffed out her chest, walking past the newcomers to head back into the school while the Professor addressed his new students, "And where do you think you're going?"

Peyton paused in mid step, pointing to the school, "My room?"

He shook his head, calling her over to her side then turned to the gaggle of kids, "As your senior, Peyton here will be taking care of most of you-" he cut her a look as she barraged him with thoughts but she quickly stopped, "I would like to welcome you formally to my school for the gifted and hope that you enjoy your stay as we start to harness and perfect each of your powers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, or even ring Peyton, here. She's probably already read most of your minds, especially the ones who she was on the plane with," he paused, looking over the interesting group but still cracked an adoring smile, "welcome."

Peyton stood dutifully as the Professor began to roll back towards the school. Shaking her head with a bitter expression on her face, she wanted to punch Chris as he ran up to her, totally geeked out, "You copied HIM too?! Why are you so cool?!"

"I'm not cool," she huffed, walking past him to the group, "well you heard P.X., I'll be watching over you kids so...what do you want to see or do first?"

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM   #14
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam nodded slowly, approving Peyton in her mind as advanced. Some of the group was dispursing slightly, talking about wandering around alone. She noticed Max slowly walk over Pro. X and hanging his head slightly. She pirked her ears to hear in on their conversation.
"Good to have you back.." P.X. mumbled and Max nodded slowly, looking up at the building, "Everything is just as you left it." He looked over at her, narrowing his eyes playfully. Apparently eves dropping was frowned upon. He nodded and she straightened up, relaxed her ears, and looked back to peyton. Max hadnt mentioned being here before, but that explained his lack of interest in the plane.

"I just wanna see my room.." Sam spoke up, getting a couple laughs from the others. The school could be adventured later, a nice cat-nap sounded more pleasent for the moment.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM   #15
SergeAnei

"I think I'm going to solidify this jumping thing," Peyton said over to Chris, who had disappeared and reappeared several times since Prof. X had come down to address them. She held out her hand to Sam, coaxing her to take it, "I won't copy you, I've learned to control that."

Chris jumped to their side, grabbing on to Peyton's sleeve to go with them, "Are the dorms co-ed?"

"In the upperclassman wing, yes. Yes it is."

"Awesome..." Chris snorted, "so where do the underclassman stay?"

"I'm about to show you," she paused, looking over to Sam, "unless you want to walk."

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #16
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam smiled and nodded,"Well.. As long as we can walk back.. I kinda need to know how to get there." She breathed a small laugh. "Not all of us can be everywhere at once." She smiled playfully and stared at peytons hand. Taking it hesitantly she nodded. Max stared at P.X. he mentioned his room then looked off.

"Thanks.." He murmered and P.X. looked back to him, nodding slowly.

"I think it'll be good for you to be back." P.X. started and Max listened, never looking directly at him. "Not only for training." He narrowed his eyes the way he does and Max sighed. "And yes.. your glider was fixed.." Max smiled, nodding again. Not talking was easy around P.X. They could still talk without Max wasting his breath.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #17
SergeAnei

Peyton looked over to the kid and P.X. momentarily before dragging the kids along to the frosh part of the building. The halls were clean and the traffic was minimal, but that was only because they got here about 2 hours later than they were supposed to and everyone was about doing their training stuff. She let go of the two and swung her arm up and around the hall, "This is the girls part of the Frosh dorms and the boys are down the hall after the staircase. Girl, your room number is 9 and boy, your number is 3."

Chris trotted down the hall immediately, not wasting anytime to potentially meet a new room mate and all the guys with their different powers. She paused and shook her head, squeezing the bridge of her nose, "He gives me a headache," she mumbled before turning back to the girl. "And I guess I'll be back for you later?"

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #18
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Sam rolled her eyes as Chris trotted off. "I can agree.." She mumbled at the headache comment. They had convienetly landed a few feet off from her room. "It might just take a minute.." She waltzed over to her room and opened the door. Peeking in, seeing no one, she scanned the room for a good sun spot on the ground. Tile. Lame. Turning back around, she pulled the door shut and smiled back to Peyton. "Mind showing me how to get back? or maybe to the class rooms and stuff?"

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:45 PM   #19
SergeAnei

Peyton shrugged, watching Chris pop in and out of his room, "I honestly was going to make a game out of it. I was gonna jump to a main hall and let you guys attempt to find me, but i don't think I should leave the dude unattended for too long..her might...blow up or something..." she paused, motioning for the girl to follow, "Chris! Come back, we're going to do some spelunking."

Chris poofed back immediately, his over excitable side starting to come back,. He was about to start babbling again but Peyton cut him a sharp, dangerous look to make him ease back on the saddle. She explained to him that they'll have more time for idle talk after the small tour. Nodding and throwing on a determined face, he followed after Peyton down to the main hall.

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:47 PM   #20
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

Spelunking? Sam ignored the odd phrase and started to Follow peyton.

Max stood in the doorway of his room. There were a few upperclassmen walking down the hall but most of them had better things to do. He entered the room, glancing around at all of his things. The note on his desk hadnt even been touched. He smiled, flicking it off into the trashcan on the other side. P.X. wouldnt waste his time reading a note when he could read a mind and get a better answer. Max should have thought of that before he left. Walking over to the window, he looked out and down at the front yard at the newbies running around and showing off. He looked to his bed to spot a staff and a note. "hope you like the changes." was all it said. He picked up the staff and examined it. A small switch closer to the middle of the staff caught his eye. Flicking it with his thumb, he was surprised to see his glider pop out. Figures, now he only felt even more like some sort of fairy tale. Maybe he'd ask for a special suit for wings instead of this lame staff. Even though he could generaly fly himself without the glider, it just took less effort with one.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM   #21
SergeAnei

Down in the main hall, Peyton explained the general lay of the land, pointing off in various locations as she talked. She started with the building and its levels first, the ground level being where most of the classes were, the second level being the training halls and the third and fourth housed students then faculty on top. Of course, there were the different wings, which she also explained, and then the outside courses more specific to each general mutation.

"And that's about it," she said, her hands dropping to her sides as she turned on the two. Chris stood a little confused, "But where do the jumpers belong?"

"Well, I'll be training with you guys, but what you basically do is play a really intense game of tag. I've watched them do it. You guys limit yourself to an area then spread out and whoever ends up with being tagged loses the round and is knocked out. I've seen games with two of our top jumpers and they were limited to one of our smallest trainer rooms. Probably the coolest thing ever."

Chris' eyes were wide and he perked up, "Oh god, that sounds amazing..."

She then looked to Sam, perking a brow, "Any questions?"

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:49 PM   #22
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

"Nah.. I think I can figure most of it out.." She examined the fields outside, guessing which ones she might work in to train. "Know what would be really cool? base ball with jumpers.. The only thing you cant jump is the ball.." She imagined the foundation of the game. A jumper would have to reach each base before the other team would try to anticipate the next jump and try to get the "runner" out at second instead of first.

Max walked down the main hall with his hands in his pockets, spotting some of the kids from the plane. He approached, listening to the Sam chicks baseball idea and shrugged. Sounded like too many arguements for him. "So.. you already show them around?" He nodded to Peyton.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:51 PM   #23
SergeAnei

She felt that other fellow on the plane coming towards them and cocked a brow, "Hm? Yeah, I gave them the other view and such...nothing big," she then turned to Sam before Chris could start talking about how cool things are, "I'll talk to the boys. All the surrounding kids in my part of the building are jumpers, not many, about 7 or so, plus the teacher, they might take up on it."

Chris hopped up and down, still riding that plane-trip high then looked to Peyton excitedly, "So does this mean you're going to become a jumper?"

"Or something like it," she commented idley while turning to the new kid, "and who are you? You new here? What's your power and all those generic things."

iPandaHearts iSergePanda
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:53 PM   #24
Tigery
and THEN! we- ...

"Max." He kept his hands in his pocket and glanced around awkwardly. "I was a student here a couple years ago.. recently returning.." It wasnt something to brag about, leaving and coming back. He didnt really like to talk about it but then again no one who's done it does. "I uh.." With a sigh he nodded towards outside, "It would be easier to demonstrate." Sam smiled brightly, excited to see a demonstration. She was also just itching to show the full extent of what she could do, other than turn into a cat. As Max started heading outside, Sam took a couple steps after him. She glanced back to see if peyton and chris were following. This was the point they were going to become friends, wether they liked it or not.

My DA
Unread Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:53 PM   #25
SergeAnei

Chris and Peyton followed after, Chris with a little more pep in his step than Peyton. A little curious about the rest of what people could do in the little pack they sort of formed here. A returning student also sounded fairly interesting, the reason he left would probably be the best thing to ask but they didn't know each other on those intimate of terms. This Max, fellow seemed like he'd be quite the addition to this unit. Everyone seemed to already have their nitch in the scratching post.

iPandaHearts iSergePanda