The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > General Discussion > General Discussion > Personal Profiles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #1
Matope
Dim drums throbbing, in the hills half heard

N00b, hurrah!

Hey, it's been a long time since I was a newb at a forum. :}

So anyway, I made this account ages upon ages ago (years are the units, I'm pretty sure) and have lurked fairly consistently but never posted for some reason. Partly because I was unsure of joining procedures, I suppose. Well, this seems to be the place. So, um, hi.

I'm 18 (ACK OLD *DEAD*), female, and from Colorado, but that's all going to be irrelevant in about three months when I go off to college at Bowdoin, which is in Maine. I read voraciously, like to program computers, and go to an art school from which I am graduating in 6.5 days, so clearly I like to draw as well. And I adore math, especially calculus and geometry (so there, artist stereotypes!). ... I am also disturbed by my compulsive use of/addiction to smileys.

So... hi, y'alls. I hope to see you lots as I continue to lurk my way around these forums.

~Matope
Matope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Nightingalle

Welcome ; 18 isn't old. I'm 20 :p There's alot of others older than that here (like.. below 30 though x) ) Um.. Yeah x) Have fun here :3
Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Matope

Not too old, in truth, but in my head I'm still stuck at 15, so it's a bit traumatizing whenever I have to state my age. :} Hey, but I can vote now. That has to count for something...
Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Lion_Roog
Our House...

Hi!...Welcome to Lilymud...You're female, I'm male...You're an artist, I'm crazy...You're 18 and I'm 21...Sweet!!!

I Object to Violence Because When it Appears to do Good The Good is Only Temporary...The Evil it Does is Permanent -Gandhi
~Avatar by Dare~
I Want People to Laugh at Me Because I'm Stuffing Broccoli Up My Nose, Not Because There's Something Wrong with Me -Bobby Hill

"If you want truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between "for" and "against" is the mind's worst disease."
Sent-ts'an
Lion_Roog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Nightingalle

I can vote.. I don't @_@ I figure, I'm married to a guy in the airforce- that's close enough to government for me Yeah, I'm married. That makes me old XD That picture in your avatar is adorable ;
Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #6
Fawkes
The game's a hoot!

Welcome to Lilymud. Ravenclaw I'm guessing by the scarf? ;D
Have fun poking around the forums. Participate in discussions, get to know people, and you'll make friends fast. Drop by the Role-Playing Den if you ever get an urge to role-play. =)
&
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #7
Lion_Roog
Our House...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko Tenshi
I can vote.. I don't @_@ I figure, I'm married to a guy in the airforce- that's close enough to government for me Yeah, I'm married. That makes me old XD That picture in your avatar is adorable ;

You should do what I'm planning on doing...once I hit 25, I will stay there for about 10 years...then move on to 26 years old...

I Object to Violence Because When it Appears to do Good The Good is Only Temporary...The Evil it Does is Permanent -Gandhi
~Avatar by Dare~
I Want People to Laugh at Me Because I'm Stuffing Broccoli Up My Nose, Not Because There's Something Wrong with Me -Bobby Hill

"If you want truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between "for" and "against" is the mind's worst disease."
Sent-ts'an
Unread May 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #8
Matope

How can you not vote, Kuroneko? I'll be honest, that baffles me. Well, as much as most other oddities of the American people do (assuming that you're American like I am, of course :} ).

Scape: Socially inept, book-loving, education-centric geek? Yeah, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. XD What're you?

Roog: I like that one... my favorite, however, is playing with bases. For instance, I'm currently 12 years old in hexadecimal (base 16). But 10,010 in binary, so it's not all pros....
Unread May 9th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #9
Nightingalle

Eh. o.o I just don't vote. I've never been one for politics at all ;

By the way, Ravenclaw rocks xP But Gryffindor ... eh.. sucks ._.; ::grunts:: I hate these quizzes... All of them.. I swear I'm Hufflepuff...
Unread May 9th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #10
Lion_Roog
Our House...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matope
Roog: I like that one... my favorite, however, is playing with bases. For instance, I'm currently 12 years old in hexadecimal (base 16). But 10,010 in binary, so it's not all pros....

haha..Nice...I would be 10101 in Binary and 15 in Hex....

I have to be honest...I am not big into the different bases, especially when it comes to subnetting...XD...Even though you don't subnet an IP address using hexadecimal...only binary and decimal....but with IPv6 being in hexadecimal I am not sure how subnetting will be implimented as you probably wont even need subnets anymore...unless it's to create a VPN or something...

~Avatar by Dare~

Sent-ts'an

Last edited by Lion_Roog : May 9th, 2006 at 11:56 PM.
Unread May 9th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #11
Maz Bourne
The lost one

welcome =3 and as the others said 18ns not old... at least i hope it's not XD (I'm 18 too)
Just feel atr home here, tho some people can be mean sometimes... -.- anywayz, welcome again =3
Unread May 10th, 2006, 12:14 AM   #12
Keybearer
They took our jobs!

Welcome to Lilymud! 18 isn't old, i'm 18 and don't feel old =3 Congrats on graduating soon. Hope you have a good time here, we don't bite *grins*

Keybearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 10th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #13
Son-Goku
I stand alone

You adore math and copmputer programing, eh? sw-weeet ! Appart from doing an art school, we're pretty much the same =).
cout<< "Welcome abroad" << endl;

Son-Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 11th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #14
Hawk
got cocobutts?

welcome to the mud, and wipe your shoes on the way out. hope you enjoy it here. =3

..**..*`..* *..*`..**..
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
- Scott Adams -
padfoot045@lycos.com / deviantart / livejournal
..**..*`..* *..*`..**..
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 11th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #15
AirGuiTaR
Maned Wolf of the North

Welcome!
Enjoy your stay ^.^
Unread May 11th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #16
Saz
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion_Roog
haha..Nice...I would be 10101 in Binary and 15 in Hex....

I have to be honest...I am not big into the different bases, especially when it comes to subnetting...XD...Even though you don't subnet an IP address using hexadecimal...only binary and decimal....but with IPv6 being in hexadecimal I am not sure how subnetting will be implimented as you probably wont even need subnets anymore...unless it's to create a VPN or something...

Roogy speaking math?! I never thought I'd see the day XD

But yeah, welcome to lilymud :3 Hope you have fun here! And by the way... 18 isn't old at all XD
Unread May 11th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #17
Matope

Son-Goku: Heh, I wish so. Pretty much all I know right now is HTML, BASIC, and C. But I'm working on Delphi. (what is that, by the way? I don't recognize the format)

And thank you, everybody, for all your welcomes! :}

On what wings dare he aspire? // What the hand, dare seize the fire?
--Wm. Blake

LiveJournal || Moonhound.tk
DevArt || TLKFAA
Unread May 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #18
AquaNova
Don't have a smile? I'll give you mine.

More welcomes for you!
Well, well. I like you already =) you seem like a pretty interesting person to me, Mat. Yes, I'm going to start calling you Mat, so I have someone to wipe my feet on when I leave the mud.
Ok, that was a bad joke xD
But, ha, I'm just messin' witcha.

Hi. I'm Aqua, and welcome to Lilymud!
Unread May 11th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #19
Lion_Roog
Our House...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saz
Roogy speaking math?! I never thought I'd see the day XD

Haha...yes, I am intelligent...it's just that I choose to only use that part of me during class or at work...along with my overall weirdness and charisma...=P

~Avatar by Dare~

Sent-ts'an
Unread May 12th, 2006, 04:52 AM   #20
Couragose
A speck of dust inside a giant's eye.

OH NO NOT MATH TALK

I almost get the idea that I've seen you and/or that avatar around someplace. Ever been to the Gryphon's Guild?

Either way, hey. Don't immanentise the Eschaton, try not to step on the endangered lilium mudius, and please keep your various limbs and ligaments inside the vehicle at all times.
Couragose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #21
SimbaHearted
-JorjaEriclick- c8

Welcome! I'm Simba_Hearted but me firends can me SH or simba. I also adore math even though I'm only 13 and haven't be introduced to any special math execpt algebra and geometry. =P Well, welcome again to the mud and have fun. =3

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."-Franklin D. Roosevelt
"The word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."-Carl Gustav Jung
SimbaHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #22
Drago
Since 2006!

WELCOME ! : D And if you wan't to know .......... I'm young . I'm only 10 ! Turning 11 on November 2 .
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #23
Puzzle
/out

Hi, I'm Lauren, but you can just call me Lauren.
Puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 04:21 PM   #24
Dille
Fantabulousa

I'm only 14. XP Muahahahaaahahaaaa! I may get to outlive all of you! (Unless my next driving lesson doesn't go so well. XP)
Dille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #25
Keybearer
They took our jobs!

We have a mix bag of ages around here XD

Keybearer is offline   Reply With Quote