The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > Art & Fan-Works > In The Spotlight > Constructive Criticism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 03:33 PM   #1
Pegasuss
forgot what she was saying... again.

I'll be the guinie pig...

Be nice... Not that I have any qualms with you being the nice people you are. :p

There he be...

I'm very pleased with this picture, but I want other peeps' opinions on it.

I know that his build is too muscular and horse-like, but I'm really looking for input on the picture and not the subject.

Anyway... What do you think? I've seen it so much I'm not seeing it anymore if you know what I mean... Thank you in advance. *crosses her hooves*
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 03:59 PM   #2
Jamala
potbellysquishyness

Aw, I love the picture. It's sad bu' it's drawn pretty good. ;)

The only problems I can see, anatomically, are the horns and the hind leg that's more toward us. If I'm not mistaken this is a greater Kudu, right? I -think- the horns should be tilted back more on the head. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at a picture of a Greater Kudu in a while.

The hind leg shouldn't be so muscular, at least in my opinion...Make the line more smooth from th' butt to the ankle, if y'know what I mean? :)
Jamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 03:59 PM   #3
kazamidori

*waiting for pic to load.*..
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 04:02 PM   #4
kazamidori

hmm..i think i agree with the horns, but i certianly dont know as much as jamala about these animals...
just they strike me as sort of.. "stiff"

the tear is really effective i think, as is the slight white outline around his form against the dark red.
Unread Feb 25th, 2002, 09:29 PM   #5
Bronwyn

Pegs...I love it!! The background is Awesome! Looks like the place is on fire. I am no good at anatomy so I will leave that to the pros...but the all over pic is great!! I am always impressed by your artwork....along with everyone elses...! Keep up the wonderful work girl!!

Saggy
Unread Feb 26th, 2002, 08:05 AM   #6
Dodger
The Austrian Murderer

Yep, it's really a very, very pretty pic, Pegs! *nods*
Love his expression & the way he moves, he really looks very sad! . . . & the way the tears roll down his cheek's great as well!
He's rather hairy, (down the neck & stuff I mean ) but I guess that's part of his kind, isn't it?! So yeah, in my opinion it's a really good pic, Pegs!
TLKFAA Livejournal The Western Woods Deviant Art The Gambling Shack FictionPress
Commissions
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Feb 26th, 2002, 01:51 PM   #7
Pegasuss
forgot what she was saying... again.

Yay! The creature is actually a nyala, the closest relitive to the greater kudu. They're kinda hard to find. I'm glad you could tell in the ball park of what he was though. My parents think every quadroped I draw is a horse.

Ah yes, the horns. They always make me so fed up I've been automatically tuning them out recently. Bad habit. I'll fix that. Thank you for bringing that up!

Yep, I see how the hind leg is messed up too. I know exactly whatcha mean I can fix that next time...

Thank you all for the nice comments! *bubbles happily*