The Lion King Fan Art Message Board  

Go Back   The Lion King Fan Art Message Board > The Help Centre > Share Your Tips!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread Oct 24th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #1
Tabby
Hamjambo

Click to Activate x_x

Okay. I don't know why, but for quite awhile now, I've been having to click on and mess with every Javascript object I come across on the internet to be able to use it. At first, I figured "eh, whatever, it's not like clicking is difficult." But now it's starting to get really annoying x_x

I looked on Google for some kind of solution, but all I got was information on how to avoid this inconvenience on your own website, not anywhere else.

I found that it only seems to affect Internet Explorer, so I know I could always get Firefox or something, but I would really rather stick to IE. It's just what I'm used to, and I don't like the looks of the others, heh. But if it comes down to it, Firefox seems to be what people would recommend, yeah? Or something else?

Thanks for the help :]
Unread Oct 24th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #2
Gerf
fhgwhgads

Yeah... that's a "feature" of IE to try and help plug some of its security holes. I spent quite a few hours trying to hack my way around that on a website I'm working on for my job, but IE seems to have made it a point to make circumventing that "feature" close to impossible. x_x

Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no way to change that... which is quite a bummer. :(

I can honestly say, though, that I believe Firefox is better than IE in every way. I could go into all the details if you wanted, but... yeah, Gerf preaching is no fun to read. Until I started using Firefox in 2004, I was a hardcore IE user; I had even coded my websites so that if you weren't using IE you'd get a huge red banner at the top essentially saying "DOWNLOAD IE YOU NIMROD." When I started using Firefox, though, I was very much surprised at how much I had just been "putting up" with shortcomings to IE that I wasn't even aware of at the time. And as a web developer, I can say that Firefox (as well as Opera) is a dream when it comes to sticking to web standards: on more than one occasion I've gone totally nuts trying to compensate for IE's miserable lack of CSS and JavaScript standards compliance. But... that's another story.

Er, so yeah. Nothing you can do about that Java thing it seems. :(
Unread Oct 24th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #3
takashari
Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.

You could try updating to IE 7?
I haven't used IE in years, but maybe the newer version is a bit better.
takashari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Oct 24th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Tabby
Hamjambo

Bah, suckage. Well, I suppose I may as well get with the times. Thanks guys :]
Unread Oct 24th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #5
takashari
Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge.

*laughs* A difficult choice, I know. : /
takashari is offline   Reply With Quote